Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paddy Kenny 11:38 - Nov 18 with 12718 viewsMarc

Great memories of Paddy during his time with us, but the way he conducted himself after he left is sure to see a few not so happy about this decision
Paddy Kenny on 15:14 - Nov 18 with 2776 viewsJonDoeman

I'm sure he only said it cos he was pissed up & bitter, & that he loves QPR really! Taylor should do an interview piece with him on the website before, & ask him about it . Be a fcking shame if gets a bad reception.

It Is What It Is !!

Paddy Kenny on 16:11 - Nov 18 with 2717 viewsWokingR

Paddy Kenny on 14:59 - Nov 18 by DanVanDyke

Hey, I liked him in our promotion season and actually had him as my POTY (then Derry, then Adel), however I'd also add that Chris Day, Jan Stejskal and Peter Hucker were better keepers!

Chris Day was a great keeper for us because of the great time he played for the club.
This was League 2 though so I'm not sure you could make an argument for him being better than Paddy Kenny who played for us in The Premiership
I accept it's all personal opinions though
Paddy Kenny on 16:22 - Nov 18 with 2697 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Paddy Kenny on 15:14 - Nov 18 by JonDoeman

I'm sure he only said it cos he was pissed up & bitter, & that he loves QPR really! Taylor should do an interview piece with him on the website before, & ask him about it . Be a fcking shame if gets a bad reception.

Well said fella.

The way this club has been run over the last decade or so, calling it tinpot is an insult alright, to pots of tin if we're going to be honest about it!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Paddy Kenny on 16:25 - Nov 18 with 2690 viewsMvpeter

Was anyone actually insulted by that? I assumed it was satire. He'd joined Leeds for god's sake and we were in the prem!

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Paddy Kenny on 16:37 - Nov 18 with 2662 viewsDylanP

Paddy Kenny on 13:14 - Nov 18 by stevec

Parkes
Seaman
Burridge

Burridge -- that is a joke, right?

He was a fantastic character and made a lot of spectacular-looking saves (usually, when a less spectacular-looking save will have sufficed). Remember the scorpion save? He was just what football needed (and still needs). I loved the bloke, but hardly think he would be in my top ten goalies, let alone top three. What about Springett, Hucker, Day, Stejskalr and Wood, for starters?

As for the OP, I doubt anyone will hold any grudges against Paddy. He was a great keeper and that is what will be remembered. He was pissed off when he got the shove. I remember Bircham also expressing his frustration when he was cut loose, and he was welcomed back without reservation. It'll be the same for Paddy.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 16:43]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Paddy Kenny on 17:21 - Nov 18 with 2616 viewsHarbour

Voted Player of the Year deserves a good reception ....forget about any comments made after he left
Paddy Kenny on 17:57 - Nov 18 with 2586 viewsAntti_Heinola

Paddy Kenny on 16:25 - Nov 18 by Mvpeter

Was anyone actually insulted by that? I assumed it was satire. He'd joined Leeds for god's sake and we were in the prem!

Satire?
From Paddy Kenny?
He wouldn't know satire if he snorted it up his nostril.
Won't be booing him though - great player for us, should never have been sold.

Bare bones.

Paddy Kenny on 18:04 - Nov 18 with 2567 viewslosethedrum

Very good for us & gave the 700 rangers fans a wave last time we played at Elland Road , never let us down and always appeared to give it 100 % .
[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 18:06]
Login to get fewer ads

Paddy Kenny on 18:35 - Nov 18 with 2529 viewsHollowayRanger

I'LL be clapping him

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Paddy Kenny on 18:37 - Nov 18 with 2530 viewsted_hendrix

So many times during our promotion we would take the lead and then PK would pull off a couple of bloody good saves that kept us in front, some of those saves were vital at the time and proved to be match winning saves.
The blokes OK in my eyes.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Paddy Kenny on 19:02 - Nov 18 with 2495 viewsYorkRanger

Paddy Kenny on 18:37 - Nov 18 by ted_hendrix

So many times during our promotion we would take the lead and then PK would pull off a couple of bloody good saves that kept us in front, some of those saves were vital at the time and proved to be match winning saves.
The blokes OK in my eyes.

Agreed Ted, there was one save against Leicester at home when we won 1-0, which was as good as anything I have seen at Loftus Rd
Paddy Kenny on 19:06 - Nov 18 with 2489 viewsDeepcutHoop

Tinpot keeper.
Paddy Kenny on 19:12 - Nov 18 with 2480 viewsPunteR

Great keeper for us. Didn't he get a bad injury at the end of 10/11 season which affected him the next season?
He seems to follow Warnock everywhere,not that i hold that against him. I was a bit gutted by his remarks after leaving the club though.
I hope he gets a good reception.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paddy Kenny on 19:16 - Nov 18 with 2473 viewsfrancisbowles

If I remember correctly, set a clean sheet record that season. Can't remember the exact number but I think it was around one every other game.

Player of the year in the best season ever. Deserves respect. The rest is best ignored and forgotten.
Paddy Kenny on 19:17 - Nov 18 with 2471 viewsM40R

Great to see him back. He was magnificent in the promotion season but not really up to it in the Prem, apart from that save against Van Persie. Quite a few soft shots went in that season: off the top of my head: WBA away, Everton at home and of course that fumble in the Man City final game.
Paddy Kenny on 19:37 - Nov 18 with 2347 viewsRangersw12

He said the tin pot comment to me on Twitter after I said he was bitter about leaving Rangers it then escalated from there !

He was clearly steaming and deserves a decent reception after his heroics during the promotion season
Paddy Kenny on 22:00 - Nov 18 with 2243 viewsloftboy

Paddy Kenny on 19:06 - Nov 18 by DeepcutHoop

Tinpot keeper.

Behave, he was class, gave john terry loads of stick at that game as well,24 clean sheets wasn't it, will get a huge clap from me.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 22:01]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Paddy Kenny on 22:15 - Nov 18 with 2223 viewsstowmarketrange

Paddy Kenny on 12:04 - Nov 18 by DanVanDyke

Oh I agree totally. But a fanbase that slaughters a German striker for having the temerity to be brought on as a substitute is not going to give a good reception to Paddy Kenny. Could be a total 'meh' moment for a lot of fans and some vitriol from our vocal few.

If they bring him out at half time the most influential(?) fans will be down at the bar necking as many beers as they can before drifting back at 10 past 4 and telling us that we aren't proper fans anyway.
Paddy Kenny on 15:15 - Nov 19 with 2111 viewsaston_hoop

Chasing that contract back at the Rs....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34869226

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Paddy Kenny on 16:43 - Nov 19 with 2053 viewsJigsore

Neil we've spoken about this... don't do it... NEIL NO

fair play to him for cancelling his own contract because he doesn't want to leech a wage off Bury. Wish there were a few more like that out there

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Paddy Kenny on 17:32 - Nov 19 with 2021 viewsAntti_Heinola

Paddy Kenny on 15:15 - Nov 19 by aston_hoop

Chasing that contract back at the Rs....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34869226

was just about to post this.
Surely not? ;)

Bare bones.

Paddy Kenny on 21:18 - Nov 19 with 1934 viewsGloryHunter

Paddy Kenny was treated shamefully by QPR - like some others from the promotion-winning team (including the manager). He was entitled to express his disappointment and bitterness . I would have been equally outspoken. We are truly $hit at the way we casually discard former heros.
Paddy Kenny on 21:25 - Nov 19 with 1924 viewsHarbour

That's class fair play to him...when I think of the leeches we have had.....deserves an excellent reception at LR I for one will be clapping him
Paddy Kenny on 22:01 - Nov 19 with 1884 viewsWestonsuperR

Just to add to the general opinion that Kenny was a great keeper for us who never gave less than 100%, had him as my POTY the promotion season as well. probably not the brightest of characters but one that deserves a good reception.
Paddy Kenny on 00:44 - Nov 20 with 1814 viewsPunteR

Paddy Kenny is a great name for a keeper btw. Should have been a legend here.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024