Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR apathy 11:29 - Nov 21 with 5815 viewsrunningman75

For the first time in my entire life I am not incredibly down in the dumps following a QPR defeat. I expected us to lose especially as away, north of Watford, no manager and then no striker in the starting line up. I have been going to games for years but due to finances and work commitments not made a game this season so becoming an armchair fan.

I am looking into going to either Huddersfield or Hull games or both around Christmas time but will not be knocked over in the rush for tickets.
QPR apathy on 11:37 - Nov 21 with 4176 viewsFredManRave

Don't run away, man.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR apathy on 12:56 - Nov 21 with 4097 viewsbosh67

To be honest at 0-0 I would have been disappointed last night that we weren't braver to really go for the win, because Boro, although they stuck at it and are above us, weren't any better than us and when we put our football together in patches last night we looked better than them.

At 1-0 at the end I felt disappointed for once for the players. They didn't deserve to lose. They grew as the game went on. That was good to see.

I was much more down in the dumps after Fulham and Brentford because we were rudderless and I just couldn't see a team performance. That wasn't the case last night. Had they been brave enough to play JET up front I think we would have got a result last night. If we had gone in front I got the feeling we would have got more. But it wasn't to be.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR apathy on 12:59 - Nov 21 with 4091 viewsozexile

QPR apathy on 12:56 - Nov 21 by bosh67

To be honest at 0-0 I would have been disappointed last night that we weren't braver to really go for the win, because Boro, although they stuck at it and are above us, weren't any better than us and when we put our football together in patches last night we looked better than them.

At 1-0 at the end I felt disappointed for once for the players. They didn't deserve to lose. They grew as the game went on. That was good to see.

I was much more down in the dumps after Fulham and Brentford because we were rudderless and I just couldn't see a team performance. That wasn't the case last night. Had they been brave enough to play JET up front I think we would have got a result last night. If we had gone in front I got the feeling we would have got more. But it wasn't to be.

To be honest any game home or away my beloved hoops don't try to win I'm disappointed.
QPR apathy on 13:07 - Nov 21 with 4067 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stick with it runningman.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR apathy on 13:47 - Nov 21 with 3986 viewslondonscottish

I agree

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

QPR apathy on 17:14 - Nov 21 with 3796 viewsCHUBBS

i expected to lose however we could have quite easily won.
I enjoyed our performance though,we looked organised and had a plan which nearly payed off but for late stupidity.
At least we look like we know what we're about now.
QPR apathy on 17:47 - Nov 21 with 3737 viewsvegasranger

I was working yesterday but I could have watched it last night. Didn't want to spoil my evening watching us stroll around trying to conserve energy. Just watched the game, start with no striker at Henry right mid field. You can't make this shite up !!
QPR apathy on 17:58 - Nov 21 with 3716 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It comes and goes I find.

My apathy lies with stuff off the pitch at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR apathy on 20:13 - Nov 21 with 3598 viewsYorkRanger

QPR apathy on 17:58 - Nov 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

It comes and goes I find.

My apathy lies with stuff off the pitch at the moment.

Interestingly I find the pain of losing much less at the moment, perhaps because my expectations are so low....
QPR apathy on 20:29 - Nov 21 with 3575 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR apathy on 20:13 - Nov 21 by YorkRanger

Interestingly I find the pain of losing much less at the moment, perhaps because my expectations are so low....

We are QPR.

Our expectations are supposed to be low. That's why the Zamoras and the Pollocks of this world have made us so happy.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2015 20:31]
QPR apathy on 20:39 - Nov 21 with 3553 viewssuperstan

Been a hoop since 1966, first real time I have no interest, only bother looking at the forums about once a week, used to be a few times a day to get my fix, my age could be a contributing factor though, still a few wins on the bounce could change things.
QPR apathy on 20:55 - Nov 21 with 3528 viewsthemodfather

the buzz and planning to go to games is gone for me, ramsey was a shocking appointment but then again mark hughes was too and he was given too much power in the club, based on very little.
i'm used to qpr losing games and accept it but to see a fairly talented squad, highly paid etc so under motivated does for me
also the endless friday games and a thursday game to come, bah and humbug.
we go from pillar to post, debts, sackings, FFP. faurlin case the list is endless, why can't we be a ferking stable club for one season!!!
QPR apathy on 01:03 - Nov 22 with 3393 viewsade_qpr

Agree with your comments Bosh.
Was wondering why JET didn't start.
Don't get to see all the games so can others give some constructive comments on why JET didn't get this opportunity.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

QPR apathy on 09:43 - Nov 22 with 3243 viewssuperhoopdownunder

see below
[Post edited 22 Nov 2015 9:44]
QPR apathy on 09:43 - Nov 22 with 3243 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Yes this is the first season I can remember (since mid 70's) that I am losing interest fast. Too much off field crap, who is in charge? Hoos, Ferdinand or Warnock?
Players not contributing in relation to their massive wages
All the new players now on the outer
No youngsters been given any opportunities.
More likely to go down than up
Playing rubbish football
We are a basket case
[Post edited 22 Nov 2015 9:45]
QPR apathy on 10:17 - Nov 22 with 3212 viewsHooparoo

Is your real name Forrest? 😜

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

QPR apathy on 11:34 - Nov 22 with 3128 viewsHollowayRanger

been like that for a good while now

qpr v Blackburn being a good example

I didn't go because

it was raining

I want to go and be entertained ,hopefully win but Christ have a go not come away thinking should have done this or that instead,i don't even come away angry anymore as playing dross or even losing is almost the norm now

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

QPR apathy on 12:36 - Nov 22 with 3104 viewsBillionR

I'm the same. Had a season ticket for last 10 years but gave it up this year. Realised last year that going was just a habit and I wasn't enjoying it. i did 38 games in the championship winning season and loved it. It's not about the glory, I just can't relate to any of the players bar Hill and Faurlin who I genuinely think care about the club, fans and results. The club has lost its heart and mine with it.

Perhaps it is an age thing - I feel that way about the England football team too. I watched the rugby World Cup with real interest and whilst the game itself doesn't do it for me, the fans, professionalism and sportsmanship is head and shoulders above football these days.

Perhaps the break will do me good. Something needs to change dramatically to reignite my interest and I don't think I'm the only one.
QPR apathy on 15:02 - Nov 22 with 3013 viewsMonahoop

I see some parallels with this current side/set up as the same as the one under Stewart Houston back in the late 90's. Then I gave up going to see them while the mega uninspiring ex Arsenal man was in charge.
I wasn't arsed about Friday nights game, I had better things to do. The club has a long way to go I think, before it gets back to being a half decent footballing side again and restoring my respect. Might get worse before it gets better.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

QPR apathy on 18:35 - Nov 22 with 2931 viewsTacticalR

The only real sport to be had in football is manager-changing, and to be fair to the club that is one area where they have spared no time or expense.

Air hostess clique

QPR apathy on 22:07 - Nov 22 with 2836 viewsNortholt_Rs

QPR apathy on 12:36 - Nov 22 by BillionR

I'm the same. Had a season ticket for last 10 years but gave it up this year. Realised last year that going was just a habit and I wasn't enjoying it. i did 38 games in the championship winning season and loved it. It's not about the glory, I just can't relate to any of the players bar Hill and Faurlin who I genuinely think care about the club, fans and results. The club has lost its heart and mine with it.

Perhaps it is an age thing - I feel that way about the England football team too. I watched the rugby World Cup with real interest and whilst the game itself doesn't do it for me, the fans, professionalism and sportsmanship is head and shoulders above football these days.

Perhaps the break will do me good. Something needs to change dramatically to reignite my interest and I don't think I'm the only one.

I take it you weren't supporting England in the rugby then? The team was even more pony than the Rs or England FC.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

QPR apathy on 09:33 - Nov 23 with 2700 viewsPlanetHonneywood

QPR apathy on 12:36 - Nov 22 by BillionR

Nail on the head!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR apathy on 09:59 - Nov 23 with 2671 viewsBluce_Ree

I'm up north so I'm no longer a season ticket holder but if I was I'd be like 'f**k this shit!' and I didn't miss a home game during the Ray Harford era so I know a thing or two about sticking with QPR when we're dismal.

I struggle to care but equally I still can't just ignore it when the Rs are playing. I watched that last game on a dodgy stream and I still felt ripped off. I feel for the people who made the journey to Boro.

At least these days a QPR defeat isn't going to ruin my weekend.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

QPR apathy on 10:05 - Nov 23 with 2668 viewsTheBlob

I'm just too down to be apathetic.
In fact if it wasn't for the cat standing here with a loaded shotgun urging the process of putting digits to keys I wouldn't have bothered commenting.
Wibble.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

QPR apathy on 10:15 - Nov 23 with 2651 viewsadhoc_qpr

With the right appointment a new manager might spark a bit more interest, plus get the likes of Mackie and Austin back in the team and we might even score a few goals...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024