Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Klopp 19:37 - Nov 21 with 3898 viewsHooparoo

All those on here who say the manager we choose doesn't really matter should consider what Klopp has done in a few short weeks with the same set of players he inherited.

It also shows that perhaps our new manager might be found on the continent.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Klopp on 19:46 - Nov 21 with 3101 viewsTacticalR

Let's get him in.

Air hostess clique

Klopp on 19:49 - Nov 21 with 3092 viewsPunteR

You cant compare QPR with Liverpool though. Everything is already in place at Liverpool.
Brendan Rodgers done a good job there Imo.
Klopp is also a very good manager that wouldn't in a million years come to a club like ours.
He was obviously lined up before sacking Rodgers where as we just sacked Ramsey with no one else lined up and no plan. Stupid sacking if you ask me. Typically QPR.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Klopp on 20:37 - Nov 21 with 3005 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Klopp on 19:49 - Nov 21 by PunteR

You cant compare QPR with Liverpool though. Everything is already in place at Liverpool.
Klopp is also a very good manager that wouldn't in a million years come to a club like ours.
He was obviously lined up before sacking Rodgers where as we just sacked Ramsey with no one else lined up and no plan. Stupid sacking if you ask me. Typically QPR.

Only a stupid sacking in so much as Ramsey shouldn't have been hired in the first place.
Klopp on 20:46 - Nov 21 with 2988 viewsPunteR

Klopp on 20:37 - Nov 21 by Benny_the_Ball

Only a stupid sacking in so much as Ramsey shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Its irrelevant,we did appoint him so the club should have done everything they could to support him. Instead they completely undermined him to the point his job was untenable after 15 games.
Like I said,stupid.
Now what have we got?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2015 21:00]

Klopp on 21:30 - Nov 21 with 2909 viewsPommyhoop

Klopp on 20:46 - Nov 21 by PunteR

Its irrelevant,we did appoint him so the club should have done everything they could to support him. Instead they completely undermined him to the point his job was untenable after 15 games.
Like I said,stupid.
Now what have we got?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2015 21:00]

It's all good now Punter. The QPR faithful are now back to their pessimistic best and expect a glorious relegation scrap whoever is in charge.It certainly beats the unrealistic howls demanding a minimum play off spot whilst Ramsey was in charge.
Funny old game.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Klopp on 21:38 - Nov 21 with 2880 viewsbatmanhoop

strong indications it's Jimmy
Klopp on 21:42 - Nov 21 with 2866 viewsDorse

Klopp on 21:38 - Nov 21 by batmanhoop

strong indications it's Jimmy

Hill? Krankie? Riddle?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Klopp on 21:51 - Nov 21 with 2836 viewsbatmanhoop

Klopp on 21:42 - Nov 21 by Dorse

Hill? Krankie? Riddle?

I'd prefer any of those over the other Jimmy
Login to get fewer ads

Klopp on 21:51 - Nov 21 with 2836 viewsTacticalR

Hill? Krankie? Riddle?

Savile.

Air hostess clique

Klopp on 22:05 - Nov 21 with 2797 viewsCamberleyR

Goodness gracious.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Klopp on 00:19 - Nov 22 with 2649 viewsloftinoz

Hill? Krankie? Riddle?

Clitheroe? Showing my age.
Klopp on 01:53 - Nov 22 with 2580 viewsbob566

Klopp on 19:49 - Nov 21 by PunteR

Disagree. Why didn'twe take it to Boro. That's the league leaders that pool whipped on their own patch. Klopp has instilled belief. We went looking for a draw at best
Klopp on 04:44 - Nov 22 with 2539 viewsPunteR

Klopp on 01:53 - Nov 22 by bob566

Disagree. Why didn'twe take it to Boro. That's the league leaders that pool whipped on their own patch. Klopp has instilled belief. We went looking for a draw at best

We haven't got the players and we havnt got a manager.
Klopp is a world class manager on top of his game. We've got interim manager Kevin Blackwell.

Klopp on 05:50 - Nov 22 with 2522 viewsexiled_dictator

surely it's about belief and confidence?
if a team believe that can play to win, then they will at least try.
if you keep telling someone or a team that they are a loser are useless and will never stand a chance of winning, then sooner or later their belief and confidence will go, and they will start believing that they are a poor team never destined to mount to anything.
it's as much about psychology as it is ability at this level.
no doubt that liverpool have some world class players capable of performing at the very highest level. i think that since the stevie g slip, they lost their belief and confidence, and rodgers was not able to reinstall it. the fundamentals were there.
qpr, on the other hand, are low on confidence and some would argue ability too. unquestionably, we have a core of players who can achieve more than we are at the moment, and could definitely challenge for a play-off place. what's needed is a new manager/coach and team to reinvent these players. they need nurturing into the fine players they surely can be. i believe that there is such a manager out there to be found and appointed, it's just whether the owners are willing to make that appointment, and whether us fickle fans will allow some changes and experimentation. what is needed from fans is the realisation that this is not short termism, but a project. we will surely not get promoted this season, but we need to avoid a relegation battle too. mid-table should be acceptable, with a view to rebuilding the existing players with a few tweeks to create a foundation to build upon. we are seriously lacking stability and continuity which has undermined our position.

klopp is a world class coach, who has come into a big name club that already has a strong foundation. he just needs to make those few weeks, build confidence and belief that they can beat anyone at any ground, and heal the wounds of a loss, and i think you will see a different liverpool in the next few years, really challenging on all fronts.

i don't have a name of who the next apr man should be, even though i occasionally throw a few names around. but i do believe it's as much down to us as it is the club to try and move forward. the owners have frequently teased with talk of ambition and investment, but getting the fundamentals is always the way to succeed in any business.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Klopp on 10:25 - Nov 22 with 2367 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hill? Krankie? Riddle?

Jimmy Crankie is the obvious choice for manager after the last three we've had.

Couldn't do worse than Brown Envelope Redknobb as at least Jimmy Cranke has no mates to shoehorn into easy "manna from heaven" jobs.

Our Tone has a lot to answer for (- but he won't)

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Klopp on 10:43 - Nov 22 with 2337 viewsbosh67

I watched Dortmund under him and they became my second team when he was there. He's a brilliant manager. Hugely attacking but robust as well. Wish we were lucky enough to have someone like Klopp. He's the dog's bs. Liverpool will win the title next year by a mile.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Klopp on 11:05 - Nov 22 with 2310 viewsRed_Ranger

Hill? Krankie? Riddle?

Hendrix, surely
Klopp on 11:13 - Nov 22 with 2301 viewsTacticalR

I didn't realise he'd been relegated at the end of his reign at Mainz and then couldn't get them promoted.

'Upon his retirement playing for 1. FSV Mainz 05, Klopp was appointed as the club's manager. He remained as manager for seven years, during which time he led the team to its first appearance in the Bundesliga, and qualification for the 2005—06 UEFA Cup. At the end of the 2006—07 season, Mainz 05 were relegated, but Klopp chose to remain with the club. However, because they were not able to achieve promotion, he resigned at the end of the 2007—08 season.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BCrgen_Klopp

Air hostess clique

Klopp on 11:59 - Nov 22 with 2246 viewsNorthernr

Yes, because the set up training facilities, board, squad, cash reserves, infrastructure, youth set up etc are all very very similar aren't they?
Klopp on 17:16 - Nov 22 with 2105 viewsNW5Hoop

No one says the manager doesn't matter in football in general. They say the manager doesn't matter at QPR at the moment, and hasn't for a few years, because the club has been so badly run.
Klopp on 19:45 - Nov 22 with 2039 viewsNorthernr

Klopp on 17:16 - Nov 22 by NW5Hoop

No one says the manager doesn't matter in football in general. They say the manager doesn't matter at QPR at the moment, and hasn't for a few years, because the club has been so badly run.

And I didn't even say/mean that (I guess it's pointed at me this remark because I do say the manager's not the problem here).

Of course, if we got a really exceptional manager in here, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that short term things would go very well for us - although you'd need to be a literal fcking miracle worker to establish the set up we've got in the Premier League.

My point is with our board, our team, our expectations, FFP, training ground, infrastructure, reputation etc etc etc you'd never be able to persuade that exceptional manager to come here, so I don't really see any point in sacking the mediocre ones because it doesn't make any difference. We don't even get new manager bounce.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Klopp on 23:04 - Nov 22 with 1923 viewsCiderwithRsie

Pretty much word for word what I was going to say. At least, I still think the manager does matter, but that other things matter more.

I'm trying hard not to post much on here at the mo as every time I do I vaguely fear I've insulted someone, and there's quite enough bitching going on. But please, please can we try to avoid setting up aunt sallies and imaginary factions - the anti-Les Ferdinand faction, the racist faction, the happy clapper faction, the fan-hater faction, or whatever.

How about remembering we're all QPR fans,we're all reasonably enough hacked off after the last few years, and we have different opinions about what should be done. Maybe then we can start to learn something from what other people write on here.
Klopp on 06:29 - Nov 23 with 1872 viewsPommyhoop

Klopp on 23:04 - Nov 22 by CiderwithRsie

Pretty much word for word what I was going to say. At least, I still think the manager does matter, but that other things matter more.

I'm trying hard not to post much on here at the mo as every time I do I vaguely fear I've insulted someone, and there's quite enough bitching going on. But please, please can we try to avoid setting up aunt sallies and imaginary factions - the anti-Les Ferdinand faction, the racist faction, the happy clapper faction, the fan-hater faction, or whatever.

How about remembering we're all QPR fans,we're all reasonably enough hacked off after the last few years, and we have different opinions about what should be done. Maybe then we can start to learn something from what other people write on here.

Tsk..
They're called 'brigades' not 'factions'.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Klopp on 07:09 - Nov 23 with 1855 viewsJonDoeman

It still doesn't make sense. A badly run club needs a strong manager, not a weak, out of his depth one.

As for Klopp, the man has real personality, it seems players will run through brick walls for him.

It Is What It Is !!

Klopp on 08:52 - Nov 23 with 1813 viewsCiderwithRsie

Klopp on 06:29 - Nov 23 by Pommyhoop

Tsk..
They're called 'brigades' not 'factions'.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024