Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Klopp 19:37 - Nov 21 with 3915 viewsHooparoo

All those on here who say the manager we choose doesn't really matter should consider what Klopp has done in a few short weeks with the same set of players he inherited.

It also shows that perhaps our new manager might be found on the continent.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Klopp on 09:07 - Nov 23 with 789 viewsNorthernr

Klopp on 07:09 - Nov 23 by JonDoeman

It still doesn't make sense. A badly run club needs a strong manager, not a weak, out of his depth one.

As for Klopp, the man has real personality, it seems players will run through brick walls for him.

But because the club is badly run, has a terrible reputation, has awful facilities, is likely to be under an FFP transfer embargo next season etc etc you wouldn't get a strong manager to come, or at least you'd struggle to. Therefore there's little point in changing, it's not going to make much difference.
Klopp on 09:12 - Nov 23 with 785 viewsDejR_vu

Klopp on 23:04 - Nov 22 by CiderwithRsie

Pretty much word for word what I was going to say. At least, I still think the manager does matter, but that other things matter more.

I'm trying hard not to post much on here at the mo as every time I do I vaguely fear I've insulted someone, and there's quite enough bitching going on. But please, please can we try to avoid setting up aunt sallies and imaginary factions - the anti-Les Ferdinand faction, the racist faction, the happy clapper faction, the fan-hater faction, or whatever.

How about remembering we're all QPR fans,we're all reasonably enough hacked off after the last few years, and we have different opinions about what should be done. Maybe then we can start to learn something from what other people write on here.

Last two paragraphs +1 100%. It's not about opinions for many, it's about an opportunity to bitch and snipe at someone else.

It will fall on deaf ears.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Klopp on 09:19 - Nov 23 with 778 viewsexiled_dictator

Klopp on 09:07 - Nov 23 by Northernr

But because the club is badly run, has a terrible reputation, has awful facilities, is likely to be under an FFP transfer embargo next season etc etc you wouldn't get a strong manager to come, or at least you'd struggle to. Therefore there's little point in changing, it's not going to make much difference.

but are we in a position to ask nw to stay, or is he here for the mere block of an eye and them back off to farm?
as you have stated, it would be difficult to get in a proven manager, given all the circumstances and baggage a manager would have to carry and cope with.
however, a manager looking to reestablish himself might be tempted. i read that garry monk is likely to lose his managerial role at swansea, but i think that jfh has more relevant experience that monk has. took over a well established, set up and run club from within, and has made a total moist jockstrap out of it. rafa benitez is also likely to be made available very soon, but he once managed at chelsea and speaks with a scouse accent, so that would inevitably rule him out. i think that ideally we should get nw to stay just a little longer to steady the ship. but with a transfer window, that might be our last one till the sun explodes, there are many issues that need resolving sooner rather than later. the owners and the board need to understand that this needs to be a rebuilding job, as opposed to a yoyo job trying to get into the premiership at all costs.this is a real shame and serious shortfall on their behalf that will continue to cause friction between them and supporters.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Klopp on 09:32 - Nov 23 with 765 viewsBlue_Castello

Klopp on 19:45 - Nov 22 by Northernr

And I didn't even say/mean that (I guess it's pointed at me this remark because I do say the manager's not the problem here).

Of course, if we got a really exceptional manager in here, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that short term things would go very well for us - although you'd need to be a literal fcking miracle worker to establish the set up we've got in the Premier League.

My point is with our board, our team, our expectations, FFP, training ground, infrastructure, reputation etc etc etc you'd never be able to persuade that exceptional manager to come here, so I don't really see any point in sacking the mediocre ones because it doesn't make any difference. We don't even get new manager bounce.

This post has been edited by an administrator

We all know the Manager is not the only problem but as you have pointed out recently we have appointed one of the best CEOs in the business to try and fix the financial issues and in Lee Hoos own words deliver on a new training ground. The Director of football is presumably working on improving the infrastructure which has included recruitment at various levels with new coaches and we are told an improved scouting network.
It was a huge mistake appointing Phil Beard that one decision cost the shareholders a lot of money.

Having been privileged to watch the Warnock effect first time round I am convinced that the Right manager can make a big difference at our club even though the infrastructure is not yet in place but is a work in progress. I genuinely do not expect Warnock to be the long or short term solution but his example proves you can recruit somebody who can motivate and organise at Championship level.

Hopefully Hoos and Ferdinand are busy working on the recruitment at this moment with a view to getting a younger Manager who has all the attributes as per the application process, fingers crossed on that one. What we need is a Gary Rowett or a Kenny Jackett type of manager and then the biggest hurdle of all is that people need to lower their expectations, that includes everybody at the club from the owners to the tea lady.

We all have our opinions about Ramsey, I thought it was a very lazy appointment in the Summer where Sir Les persuaded the board to give his mate a chance, he always looked out of his depth but like most Rangers fans I desperately wanted him to succeed. Sorry I digress that's the past we need to get behind the team and support them on Saturday I agree with your matchday comment we are in a relegation battle, but then I thought that when I was watching Ramsey's team struggle against the weaker teams in the division.
Klopp on 09:44 - Nov 23 with 752 viewsDejR_vu

Klopp on 09:32 - Nov 23 by Blue_Castello

We all know the Manager is not the only problem but as you have pointed out recently we have appointed one of the best CEOs in the business to try and fix the financial issues and in Lee Hoos own words deliver on a new training ground. The Director of football is presumably working on improving the infrastructure which has included recruitment at various levels with new coaches and we are told an improved scouting network.
It was a huge mistake appointing Phil Beard that one decision cost the shareholders a lot of money.

Having been privileged to watch the Warnock effect first time round I am convinced that the Right manager can make a big difference at our club even though the infrastructure is not yet in place but is a work in progress. I genuinely do not expect Warnock to be the long or short term solution but his example proves you can recruit somebody who can motivate and organise at Championship level.

Hopefully Hoos and Ferdinand are busy working on the recruitment at this moment with a view to getting a younger Manager who has all the attributes as per the application process, fingers crossed on that one. What we need is a Gary Rowett or a Kenny Jackett type of manager and then the biggest hurdle of all is that people need to lower their expectations, that includes everybody at the club from the owners to the tea lady.

We all have our opinions about Ramsey, I thought it was a very lazy appointment in the Summer where Sir Les persuaded the board to give his mate a chance, he always looked out of his depth but like most Rangers fans I desperately wanted him to succeed. Sorry I digress that's the past we need to get behind the team and support them on Saturday I agree with your matchday comment we are in a relegation battle, but then I thought that when I was watching Ramsey's team struggle against the weaker teams in the division.

Absolutely spot on imo.

Klopp on 10:09 - Nov 23 with 731 viewsBluce_Ree

F**k LOLverpool. They're still shit relative to their size. Man City aren't invincible, beating them is no big thing. They're just a bunch of slags. F**king Leicester are top, so let's not start sucking off the top four of the Prem.

Klopp? Kuntt more like. F**k him. Anything Liverpool do is shit. I'd rather hire Steve Morrow as our defensive coach than have that poser as manager. And that's swearing.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Klopp on 10:11 - Nov 23 with 729 viewsDejR_vu

Klopp on 10:09 - Nov 23 by Bluce_Ree

F**k LOLverpool. They're still shit relative to their size. Man City aren't invincible, beating them is no big thing. They're just a bunch of slags. F**king Leicester are top, so let's not start sucking off the top four of the Prem.

Klopp? Kuntt more like. F**k him. Anything Liverpool do is shit. I'd rather hire Steve Morrow as our defensive coach than have that poser as manager. And that's swearing.

How was your weekend?

Klopp on 17:54 - Nov 26 with 662 viewsbob566

Klopp on 10:09 - Nov 23 by Bluce_Ree

bluce you need to lie down on a couch and get treatment for that.
Login to get fewer ads

Klopp on 17:59 - Nov 26 with 653 viewsTGRRRSSS

When people say awful infrastructure and facilities then say "Loftus Road is our home" it seems somewhat confusing if you mean the training ground, well what is latest on Warren Farm?

As for Klopp I agree Rodgers has done a good job overall but this doesnt mean Klopp will not move the club on further to the next phase.
So Whilst you can't directly compare us to Liverpool, you can look and see where we can improve from the example of others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024