Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Jimmy, oh 07:35 - Nov 22 with 69663 viewsJonDoeman

Poor little Jimmy!

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:39 - Nov 27 with 3990 viewsFDC

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:26 - Nov 27 by Gloucs_R

I would bet with you TF and co have never heard of him!

Not saying he would be my choice anyway.

Ha, I was going to post the same! I can imagine the meeting: Hoos: recommended Robinson but the owners blinked a couple of times, looked at each other blankly, then said "Yeah... what about that ex-Premiership guy we used to watch on MOTD that you mentioned?"

Mind you, without having a strong opinion on any of the names been mentioned, JFH has a certain gravitas and air of authority that I can imagine buying him a bit of time with some of the more trigger-happy sections of the support, so for that reason alone could be a decent shout.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:35 - Nov 27 with 3859 viewsfrancisbowles

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:39 - Nov 27 by FDC

Ha, I was going to post the same! I can imagine the meeting: Hoos: recommended Robinson but the owners blinked a couple of times, looked at each other blankly, then said "Yeah... what about that ex-Premiership guy we used to watch on MOTD that you mentioned?"

Mind you, without having a strong opinion on any of the names been mentioned, JFH has a certain gravitas and air of authority that I can imagine buying him a bit of time with some of the more trigger-happy sections of the support, so for that reason alone could be a decent shout.

I would imagine Robinson wouldn't risk coming to our club after witnessing the abuse Ramsey got for making a substitution (let's not rerun the debate about it) and then feeling it necessary to sympathise with him!
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:45 - Nov 27 with 3825 viewspomanjou

Is there a compelling reason to get JFH? No.

A case of the board believing they need to be seen to be doing something.

Do the easy thing. Warnock will take it for six months and is probably as safe a pair of hands as any.

In the meantime spread the net wide.........

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:50 - Nov 27 with 3807 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:35 - Nov 27 by francisbowles

I would imagine Robinson wouldn't risk coming to our club after witnessing the abuse Ramsey got for making a substitution (let's not rerun the debate about it) and then feeling it necessary to sympathise with him!

Not our finest hour was it!
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:06 - Nov 27 with 3753 viewsbarbicanranger

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:02 - Nov 26 by Northernr

Yeh our Burton man said the same.

Is this written up somewhere northern or just a discussion you had offline? - sorry if I missed it...
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:10 - Nov 27 with 3738 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:06 - Nov 27 by barbicanranger

Is this written up somewhere northern or just a discussion you had offline? - sorry if I missed it...

It's earlier in the thread mate, a page or two back. I'll stick it on the front page if he gets it.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:19 - Nov 27 with 3712 viewsadhoc_qpr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:45 - Nov 27 by pomanjou

Do the easy thing. Warnock will take it for six months and is probably as safe a pair of hands as any.

"Is there a compelling reason to get JFH? No. "

Anything beyond your subjective opinion to back that up?

I've never been an avid watcher of Royal Antwerp or Burton Albion myself, but if the board decide JFH is the best manager for the job why wait 6 months?
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:27 - Nov 27 with 3689 viewsbarbicanranger

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:10 - Nov 27 by Northernr

It's earlier in the thread mate, a page or two back. I'll stick it on the front page if he gets it.

Thanks mate

Interesting read and appreciate the info.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 16:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:37 - Nov 27 with 3654 viewsPunteR

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:10 - Nov 27 by Northernr

How many different sets of fans did you interview? Any Wolves fans?...you know just in case..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:37 - Nov 27 with 3649 viewsPinnerPaul

Well .....we're slipping down the league and have stopped scoring - two pretty compelling reasons you would think!
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:55 - Nov 27 with 3625 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:37 - Nov 27 by PunteR

How many different sets of fans did you interview? Any Wolves fans?...you know just in case..

I'll dig somebody out whoever gets it, but my Burton mate is going away for a fortnight from Monday so I did that one in advance!
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 17:02 - Nov 27 with 3608 viewsbaz_qpr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:21 - Nov 27 by Jamie

I would imagine they'd have looked at the 5 seasons it took him to get promoted with the biggest budget in the division.

and the fact they were by some distance one of the worse teams to play at LR for many years.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 17:06 - Nov 27 with 3599 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:21 - Nov 27 by Jamie

I would imagine they'd have looked at the 5 seasons it took him to get promoted with the biggest budget in the division.

Actually MK Dons last set of accounts showed their playing budget had been cut by £800,000 to £4m in total, so he achieved that promotion spending £4m on his entire squad, and cutting £800,000 from his previous budget. Haven't got the figures to hand but I can't believe there aren't clubs - Sheff Utd chief amongst them - paying more than that.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 18:01 - Nov 27 with 3470 viewsdaveB

Plenty of reasons to get him, he might work out well he might not. I'd rather we go with a full time manager rather than another short term stop gap who the players know won't be around long and quickly lose interest again
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 18:08 - Nov 27 with 3453 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 18:01 - Nov 27 by daveB

Plenty of reasons to get him, he might work out well he might not. I'd rather we go with a full time manager rather than another short term stop gap who the players know won't be around long and quickly lose interest again

Agree, that rarely works well.

Rowett has committed to Birmingham this afternoon BTW, so only a full on Fabian Delph will bring him here or Fulham.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 18:25 - Nov 27 with 3430 viewsFDC

Regarding spreading of the net.

Dave Mc, who I acknowledge is not the biggest fan of the current regime, said this about Jim Bob:

Which is in stark contrast to Lesley's comments the other day about batting off applications from all over Europe and the further edges of the cosmos.

Edit: Once you've deciphered the triple negative - I think he's saying the club haven't cast their net all that far
[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 18:31]
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:40 - Nov 30 with 3142 viewsJonDoeman

Bump.
Tony F & Jimmy H F have started following each other on twitter .
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 7:43]

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:42 - Nov 30 with 3131 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:53 - Nov 30 with 3106 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:40 - Nov 30 by JonDoeman

Bump.
Tony F & Jimmy H F have started following each other on twitter .
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 7:43]

I thought my cringeometer detected something. Must have been the moment Tony asked JFH to be Twitter buddies in Starbucks over a pumpkin latte.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:54 - Nov 30 with 3103 viewsDorse

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:42 - Nov 30 by JonDoeman

His name is statistically one of the longest in the football league.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:59 - Nov 30 with 3091 viewsJonDoeman

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:54 - Nov 30 by Dorse

His name is statistically one of the longest in the football league.

Well Tony wanted a big name manager !

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:08 - Nov 30 with 2982 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 18:01 - Nov 27 by daveB

Agree, Dave.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:48 - Nov 30 with 2726 viewsJamie

JFH has told the local Burton paper that he hasn't spoken to QPR.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:05 - Nov 30 with 2634 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:48 - Nov 30 by Jamie

JFH has told the local Burton paper that he hasn't spoken to QPR.

Think Dave Mc said approach being made today didn't he? Or early this week anyway.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:07 - Nov 30 with 2624 viewsdaveB

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:05 - Nov 30 by Northernr

Think Dave Mc said approach being made today didn't he? Or early this week anyway.

He said they planned to talk him him after tomorrow nights Burton game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024