Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Jimmy, oh 07:35 - Nov 22 with 69686 viewsJonDoeman

Poor little Jimmy!

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:25 - Nov 23 with 4396 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:21 - Nov 23 by PinnerPaul

I thought the fine (being argued) was for 13/14 season/accounts?

We haven't filed accounts for 14/15 yet, as we were PL then does FL fair play rule apply?

Obviously it will for this season but we won't be filing those accounts until about Jan 17.

Yeh that's correct. The fine is for the Redknapp promotion season, the set of accounts due shortly is for the Premier League season just gone, and the set of accounts this time next year will be for this season at which point we'll likely be in breach again and embargoed.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:34 - Nov 23 with 4361 viewsMvpeter

So we can hold off the signings till next summer then. I do think we should stock up before the embargo.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 17:29 - Nov 23 with 4288 viewssimmo

Benitez about to be sacked?

Another one the bookies might as well throw in the mix

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 00:34 - Nov 24 with 4148 viewsBrightonhoop

Chaos.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:12 - Nov 24 with 4005 viewsPinnerPaul

He's now 4/6 with Paddy Power, was 11/10 at the weekend.

Not ALWAYS correct, but an indications he's more that just another rumour.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:53 - Nov 24 with 3844 viewsjohncharles

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:12 - Nov 24 by PinnerPaul

He's now 4/6 with Paddy Power, was 11/10 at the weekend.

Not ALWAYS correct, but an indications he's more that just another rumour.

Who ? I've lost track.

Strong and stable my arse.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:58 - Nov 24 with 3830 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:34 - Nov 23 by Mvpeter

So we can hold off the signings till next summer then. I do think we should stock up before the embargo.

Yes, I think Barcelona did something like that before their embargo.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:53 - Nov 25 with 3607 viewsbosh67

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10078082/hasselbaink-quiet-

Errr, I'd say that's looking like he may be coming to us?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:59 - Nov 25 with 3589 viewsNorthernr

May as well put this here now, it's from our Burton correspondent and will be running on the front page if/when JFH is appointed but it's interesting insight for you all I think....

1 - How do you assess JFH's time in charge of Burton? -

Excellent. Taken them to a different level since he came ,using the same style as Gary Rowett. The players work hard and run through walls for him. He has a restricted budget for players so we are overachieving with this lot, which is mainly down to him and his tactics. We play a little bit more football than we did under Gary Rowett.

2) You seem to win a lot without scoring many goals, how would you describe his preferred style of play?

Very tight and disciplined at the back and in midfield, create chances but haven't been taking them. Defence is definitely the key for him.
There was a stat last month that we have created more chances than any other team in the league but taken the lowest percentage of them. For a former striker of his calibre, it's an oddity that we only have three strikers in the squad, and two of those haven't scored yet.

3 - Main strengths and weaknesses...

Very committed and diligent. Players love and respect him. Play for him. Very detailed in training and tactics. Only weakness is maybe he doesn’t play enough attacking football at home as he doesn’t want to concede. Hates conceding goals.
Pre-season, Jimmy said we would have to put the onus on defence in the first few games until we'd got the measure of the league. Having got the measure of the league, and seen the defensive tactics prove so successful, it looks like we're sticking with it for a bit longer.
Personally would like to see a bit more attacking intent but it's working well so I don't think he'll change it.

4 - What's his record like in the transfer market?

Record on signings has been a bit up and down. Some good, some failures. No prolific strikers but all strikers have to work really hard closing down. To be fair he hasn’t had a lot of money to play around with and get hold of expensive strikers so has done really well with what he has signed for the money available. Onus in the summer was signing defenders.

5 - Is he likely to bring any staff with him, who does he work with at Burton? Any players he's likely to come after?

More than likely he would bring his assistant David Oldfield who is highly regarded, unless he fancied the manager's job. The only players he might bring are possibly the keeper Jon McLaughlin (reliable,commands box), centre back John Mousinho (been a rock this season and last since converted from centre back) and a Dutch/Moroccan winger/ striker called Nasser El Khayati who came from Dutch lower leagues and played well last season and has made the step up to L1.
Has skill and touch and can go past full backs easily on the edge of area and either cross, pass or have a shot. Decent finisher usually.

6 - There's a perception that, to some extent, he's benefited from taking over the good work Gary Rowett did, how much truth is there in that?

Yes he did take over a decent squad who were doing well (although actually they were on a fairly bad trot when Rowett) but Jimmy immediately started winning and took them on an amazing run to promotion with no real setbacks along the way. Credit to Rowett initially but huge credit to Jimmy for making us more professional and getting there. There was certainly no stumbling over the line, as there was when we got out of the Conference.

7 - There's also a perception that Burton are a well run club over achieving, and he may struggle with the omni-shambles at QPR - any thoughts?

I think he would organise you better and make you hard to beat and you have Austin up front to nick goals in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Don't expect Dutch-type flowing football immediately as he seems more interesting in keeping it tight and goals out.

If he went, he'd be going from a small, well-run club and a great relationship with the chairman to a bigger club with some well documented problems to address.

Only been at the Albion a little over a year so is still learning but it's been all success so far so a good signing for you guys.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:04 - Nov 25 with 3557 viewsMick_S

Omni- shambles. I like that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:26 - Nov 25 with 3513 viewsdaveB

the more i read and hear about him the more i like the sound of this
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:38 - Nov 25 with 3470 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:26 - Nov 25 by daveB

You'll come round to the idea just as they appoint Powell instead
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:40 - Nov 25 with 3465 viewspaulparker

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:26 - Nov 25 by daveB

+1

I really think he would be a great appointment, wouldn't bother me if we won 1-0 every week either
he is just the sort of manager that would make lazy players like Phillips,Fer, Sandro , Toszer either ship in or ship out
fingers crossed this happens

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:07 - Nov 25 with 3418 viewsfrancisbowles

Sounds like we could do a lot worse. If Pearson (for all his madness) or Jackett are not available and if others like Rodgers don't have the commitment for a couple years of rebuilding with us then JFH would be a positive appointment.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:34 - Nov 25 with 3352 viewsClive_Anderson

Quite like the sound of this bloke, he actually seems to know what he's doing. Hope we get him now.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:51 - Nov 25 with 3301 viewsadhoc_qpr

I like the sound of JFH from that and it would be nice to get a manager who is actually in a job rather than plucking one from the managerial scrapheap as usual!
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:53 - Nov 25 with 3292 viewsBerkoRanger

Having watched the video it's a +1 from me also. We'd need to get David Oldfield in as well - he'd be the ar*e kicker!
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:54 - Nov 25 with 3287 viewsSydneyRs

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:53 - Nov 25 by bosh67

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10078082/hasselbaink-quiet-

Errr, I'd say that's looking like he may be coming to us?

Looking at that it does seem quite likely.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:07 - Nov 25 with 3241 viewsjohncharles

He's been a manager for just over a year in leagues 1 & 2. Ramsey was a manager for just less than a year in the Premier and the Championship. Ramsey was not experienced we all said and he failed.
So now we're going for JFH ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:25 - Nov 25 with 3208 viewsMvpeter

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:07 - Nov 25 by johncharles

He's been a manager for just over a year in leagues 1 & 2. Ramsey was a manager for just less than a year in the Premier and the Championship. Ramsey was not experienced we all said and he failed.

JFH started managing in May 2013. If we were to employ him now that's an additional 2 and a half years of management. He's also been successful doing so. He's also got experience coaching senior players and he's also got 10 years on him. JFH is someone who knows how he wants to play and knows how to gain respect.

Plenty different and all for the better IMO.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:30 - Nov 25 with 3187 viewsqueensparker

I don't think I've ever been less arsed about Rangers, but I'd be pleased with Jimmy FH from what I've read above. Reading the Burton site they've got nothing but good things to say about him as well.

http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/2141/qpr

Plus he might be able to get Fer playing (or knowing the Dutch, they'll probably fall out within 10 mins)
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:49 - Nov 25 with 3125 viewsDejR_vu

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:07 - Nov 25 by johncharles

I think the difference is that we appear to have someone in Hoos, who knows what he is doing in terms of scratching beneath the surface in order to ascertain the quality of the candidate. And, someone who has identified and appointed good young managers in the past. You get the feeling with CR that it was the blind leading the blind. A punt on the basis that he's apparently a good coach with little regard for the management side (regardless of the title). It's still a gamble though, but always is to an extent when hiring someone new. But if it's done on the back of sensible, detailed research the risks of failure are reduced.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:30 - Nov 25 with 3044 viewsrobith

Clive's post sounds positive. Can't wait to break him
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 14:06 - Nov 25 with 2967 viewsdaveB

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:38 - Nov 25 by Northernr

You'll come round to the idea just as they appoint Powell instead

I'm still expecting Peter Reid to take over
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 14:57 - Nov 25 with 2785 viewsRanger78

I enjoyed the video doc and the Burton article. Starting to feel like he'd be a great choice........ assuming there is the patience to let him build something ..........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024