Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Jimmy, oh 07:35 - Nov 22 with 69671 viewsJonDoeman

Poor little Jimmy!

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 14:59 - Nov 25 with 3519 viewsjohncharles

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:25 - Nov 25 by Mvpeter

JFH started managing in May 2013. If we were to employ him now that's an additional 2 and a half years of management. He's also been successful doing so. He's also got experience coaching senior players and he's also got 10 years on him. JFH is someone who knows how he wants to play and knows how to gain respect.

Plenty different and all for the better IMO.

He started at Royal Antwerp in May 2013 and finished in May 2014 taking them to 7th in the Belgian 2nd division. He took over Burton 6 months later and took what most people say was already a good team to promotion from our 2nd division to the 1st. I'm not against JFH but I really can't see that he's got the experience to do any better than Ramsey. If we can't entice Jacket from Wolves why not go for Ainsworth. Not enough experience you say but a dam sight more than Jimmy Floyd.

Strong and stable my arse.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:02 - Nov 25 with 3507 viewsdaveB

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 14:59 - Nov 25 by johncharles

He started at Royal Antwerp in May 2013 and finished in May 2014 taking them to 7th in the Belgian 2nd division. He took over Burton 6 months later and took what most people say was already a good team to promotion from our 2nd division to the 1st. I'm not against JFH but I really can't see that he's got the experience to do any better than Ramsey. If we can't entice Jacket from Wolves why not go for Ainsworth. Not enough experience you say but a dam sight more than Jimmy Floyd.

Why is experience so important. We had one of the most experienced manager in England ten months ago and he was slated for a number of reasons including being too old and out of touch. At the time plenty said we should go for a younger man like JFH.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:17 - Nov 25 with 3472 viewsAntti_Heinola

Experience is important of course. But it depends how managers use it! Olly was poor at Leicester but used that experience to come back stronger at Blackpool. Experience can also make you risk-averse. There's no magic formula.
What I like about JFH is that he seems everything Timmy Sherwood is not.
The more I read, the more I like. I'd be pleased with JFH. Always liked him, clearly intelligent and strong, and also had an incredible ability to hit extremely powerful daisy cutters like no one else I've seen.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:42 - Nov 25 with 3383 viewsdaveB

Holloway only had 2 years manager experience when he came to us and had just been sacked, he was brilliant whilst Hughes had over a decade of managing with success and was useless. I don't think experience counts for much at QPR, we are a unique madhouse that nothing can prepare you for
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 15:43]
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:48 - Nov 25 with 3362 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:42 - Nov 25 by daveB

Holloway only had 2 years manager experience when he came to us and had just been sacked, he was brilliant whilst Hughes had over a decade of managing with success and was useless. I don't think experience counts for much at QPR, we are a unique madhouse that nothing can prepare you for

To be fair, Hughes oversaw some huge wins after a slow-ish start. It was the Summer of Many Signings that undid him - even then, people tend to forget how we absolutely murdered Swansea for 45 mins before being summarily picked off in what was a bit of a freak game, as well as totally out-playing Spurs etc. Still maintain had we got an early win and then a tiny, tiny bit of momentum we would have been ok.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:51 - Nov 25 with 3349 viewsBAWHoops

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:48 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

To be fair, Hughes oversaw some huge wins after a slow-ish start. It was the Summer of Many Signings that undid him - even then, people tend to forget how we absolutely murdered Swansea for 45 mins before being summarily picked off in what was a bit of a freak game, as well as totally out-playing Spurs etc. Still maintain had we got an early win and then a tiny, tiny bit of momentum we would have been ok.

I've always wondered what would've happened had Rob Green not dived over the ball!

That day we had 20 shots, 11 on target
Swansea had 12 shots, 8 on target

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:00 - Nov 25 with 3326 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:51 - Nov 25 by BAWHoops

I've always wondered what would've happened had Rob Green not dived over the ball!

That day we had 20 shots, 11 on target
Swansea had 12 shots, 8 on target

Seen clips of Merson, at 0-3, going 'QPR are still the better side' and stuff like that. Surreal game.
Mackie's miss at 0-1, from 3 yards, also key.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:02 - Nov 25 with 3309 viewsBklynRanger

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:42 - Nov 25 by daveB

Good point.

I have to admit I wasn't too impressed by the sky doco that was very helpfully posted. It was just very promotional and I honestly could've seen many of us responding positively to a similar piece on Ramsey.

That's mainly of course to do with the skepticism the last few years have created. It does sound from that 'denial' interview that he's taking coming to us seriously and may even be waiting to hear back! Somebody waiting to hear back - fcuking imagine! That's the bit I like most about all of this.
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:10 - Nov 25 with 3286 viewsadhoc_qpr

So basically JFH would have 100% more managerial experience when (if) he starts than Ramsey had when he was sacked?
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:27 - Nov 25 with 3241 viewsDylanP

Thanks for posting the article/interview. After reading that it is hard not to think he is just the sort of manager we would want -- young, eager to prove himself, good at bringing discipline, etc. Having said that, he was only manager for a year and the Burton fan has only known him in good times, plus League One is not the Championship, so its hard to know.

If he is anything like the description, he sounds like a dream appointment. Fingers crossed.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:34 - Nov 25 with 3214 viewsjohncharles

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:02 - Nov 25 by daveB

Why is experience so important. We had one of the most experienced manager in England ten months ago and he was slated for a number of reasons including being too old and out of touch. At the time plenty said we should go for a younger man like JFH.

Let me say it again, I've not against JFH. Quite like the idea really but Ramsey had to go because he was clearly out of his depth. What makes Hasselbaink so different ? I'd rather see someone young but experienced in British football at Championship level.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 16:36]

Strong and stable my arse.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:55 - Nov 25 with 3155 viewsRBlock

I think you will be hard pushed to find anyone who doesn't want Ainsworth to be our manager at some point in the futute. The problem I think a lot of people have is that Ainsworth is a hero here, and we have a tendency to absolutely ruin managers! I don't think this omnishambles is a good enviroment for any manager to come in to. JFH, Jackett, Ainsworth, anyone. Some may be more suited(Jackett) but on the whole I don't think it is anybodies perfect job. If Ainsworth came here and did badly it would sully his great memory, as well as denting his confidence. Let him cut his cloth with Wycombe for a while, and once we have stabilised this mental club, then bring him in.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 17:27 - Nov 25 with 3062 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:34 - Nov 25 by johncharles

Let me say it again, I've not against JFH. Quite like the idea really but Ramsey had to go because he was clearly out of his depth. What makes Hasselbaink so different ? I'd rather see someone young but experienced in British football at Championship level.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 16:36]

That is a pretty narrow list then. Who's on it?

Bare bones.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 18:38 - Nov 25 with 2959 viewsderbyhoop

Absolutely zero chance that whoever is appointed will be acceptable to everybody. The process and the involvement of Hoos and Ferdinand, rather than rather than Tony F, gives me some confidence that they might get it right.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 19:19 - Nov 25 with 2879 viewsjoolsyp

After watching the video it seems to me pretty essential that if JFH comes then David Oldfield comes too as his no. 2. The pair seem to work together really well - a little bit good cop bad cop if the footage is anything to go by. What does this mean for Steve Gallen?

I know it was a Sky docu but I do feel that JFH has a bit of authority about him that perhaps Ramsey lacked. I wonder whether some of our more talented/Prem players didn't really respect Ramsey because he didn't play at the highest level whereas JFH has at least played at the top?

I'm really encouraged by Clive's interview with the Burton fan - particularly if he brings El Khayati with him - sounds like just the kind of exciting player we like. Who knows, perhaps JFH can get the best out of Chery?

Also - fitness, closing down and pressing - things that we haven't really seen since the days of Warnock and Ollie.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 19:23 - Nov 25 with 2865 viewsjamois

Oh for fecks sake Tony can we now just get on with it please. I don't care about proper process anymore. All that matters is a decision so we the true 'board' can get on with job of dissecting it and preparing the ground for next year's incumbent.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 19:29 - Nov 25 with 2849 viewsThe_Mole

I'm sorry if I've missed something here, but JFH hasn't even been interviewed by the club, yet the bookies and a large percent on here are talking like he's already got one foot in the hot seat?!
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 20:13 - Nov 25 with 2773 viewsJamie

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 17:27 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

That is a pretty narrow list then. Who's on it?

Eddie Howe basically..

Fck that though, I want Guardiola.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 20:16 - Nov 25 with 2765 viewscaliforniahoop

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 19:23 - Nov 25 by jamois

Oh for fecks sake Tony can we now just get on with it please. I don't care about proper process anymore. All that matters is a decision so we the true 'board' can get on with job of dissecting it and preparing the ground for next year's incumbent.

Lol
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 20:19 - Nov 25 with 2743 viewsJamie

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 19:29 - Nov 25 by The_Mole

I'm sorry if I've missed something here, but JFH hasn't even been interviewed by the club, yet the bookies and a large percent on here are talking like he's already got one foot in the hot seat?!

Think you can safely say he has been interviewed by the club, considering that neither Burton nor JFH have said anything about rejecting our approach.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 20:21 - Nov 25 with 2729 viewsBklynRanger

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 19:29 - Nov 25 by The_Mole

Yeah, how do you know that moleman?
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 23:56 - Nov 25 with 2588 viewsFredManRave

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 14:57 - Nov 25 by Ranger78

I enjoyed the video doc and the Burton article. Starting to feel like he'd be a great choice........ assuming there is the patience to let him build something ..........

Fortunately "Patience" is our middle name.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 00:06 - Nov 26 with 2566 viewsPunteR

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 23:56 - Nov 25 by FredManRave

Fortunately "Patience" is our middle name.

Queens Patience Rangers.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 06:45 - Nov 26 with 2478 viewsFDC

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 00:06 - Nov 26 by PunteR

Queens Patience Rangers.

LOL

Quietly Patient, Reserved.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:22 - Nov 26 with 2380 viewsMvpeter

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 15:48 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

This. Very much this.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024