Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? 14:05 - Nov 23 with 10784 viewsJAPRANGERS

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/620279/Brendan-Rodgers-set-to-be-appoint

Apparently it might snow a bit in the UK this winter too...............
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 14:06 - Nov 23 with 7156 viewsNorthernr

Click bait based entirely on odds movement. Typical piece of Express journalism.
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 14:12 - Nov 23 with 7124 viewsdaveB

When did bookies odds become sources for news stories, has it always been like this?
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 14:35 - Nov 23 with 7047 viewsexiled_dictator

i see.
and no mention of yesterday's story in the sunday express where he is being offered $10 million tax free to manage in the middle east.
hmmmmmmm, couldn't make it up ............

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 14:51 - Nov 23 with 6971 viewsadhoc_qpr

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-now-qprs-first-

This equally well sourced report claims Hasselbaink is top of a short list including Kenny Jackett, Michael Laudrup and Kevin Blackwell (dear god...).
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 14:56 - Nov 23 with 6947 viewsSaycey

The Express (along with the Star) is probably the most shoddily staffed paper in this country. Bar one or two big names / columnists, it is staffed with interns and school leavers. That's because its proprietor, Richard Desmond, runs it all on the cheap.

All the decent journos were sacked a decade ago when Desmond took over
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 15:33 - Nov 23 with 6790 viewsbosh67

Starting to think if I can get some wealthier people I know to start putting money on this that we can have Kermit installed by the end of the week.

Better than some of the muppets we've had in the past.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 15:36 - Nov 23 with 6771 viewsHarbour

It seems every out of work manager is top of the appointment list....in normal job appointments ....short list ...interview....references...(track record) ...leave it too long and we will be left with whoever is still left in the job centre
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 15:37 - Nov 23 with 6769 viewsjohncharles

The old saying - if I could have my time again............
I'd be a sports journalist. I could make up much better stories for half the money and a few tabs at some City pubs.

Apologies to Clive and a couple of others.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 16:18 - Nov 23 with 6626 viewsMvpeter

When Alan Curbishly is on the list for next Bayern Munich manager, albeit at about 200/1, you can probably start ignoring betting odds.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 16:24 - Nov 23 with 6601 viewsNorthernr

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 15:37 - Nov 23 by johncharles

The old saying - if I could have my time again............
I'd be a sports journalist. I could make up much better stories for half the money and a few tabs at some City pubs.

Apologies to Clive and a couple of others.

No need mate, my day job isn't sports. I do a column for the Telegraph and then the QPR stuff on the side but I'm a business journo mainly.
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 16:34 - Nov 23 with 6551 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 16:18 - Nov 23 by Mvpeter

When Alan Curbishly is on the list for next Bayern Munich manager, albeit at about 200/1, you can probably start ignoring betting odds.

I have spoken to my turf accountant and he has advised me to 'get right on it'.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 16:53 - Nov 23 with 6483 viewsHendonHoop

I know it's a real Longshot but if Rodgers does end up at QPR it would be a real result.
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 16:55 - Nov 23 with 6467 viewswombat

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 16:53 - Nov 23 by HendonHoop

I know it's a real Longshot but if Rodgers does end up at QPR it would be a real result.

did anyone see the moyes to leeds story at the weekend ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 16:56 - Nov 23 with 6458 viewseghamranger

+1
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:04 - Nov 23 with 6423 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 15:33 - Nov 23 by bosh67

Starting to think if I can get some wealthier people I know to start putting money on this that we can have Kermit installed by the end of the week.

Better than some of the muppets we've had in the past.

He's actually an extremely good man-manager.
He can manage:
Mavericks: Gonzo
Egotists: Miss Piggy
Drug Cheats: Floyd
Jokers: Fozzie
Annoying tw@ts: Rizzo
Bum-kissers: Scooter
Foreign imports: Swedish Chef
Negative influences: Statler & Waldorf
And dedicated pros: Rowlf.

Christ, tell you what, if he can tell the difference between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3, let's get him in!

Bare bones.

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:10 - Nov 23 with 6388 viewsfrancisbowles

...and the first big job that comes along and he is off! Still, we might make a bit in compensation.
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:24 - Nov 23 with 6324 viewsShotKneesHoop

Are they talking about Roy Rogers, Kenny Rogers.... or Clodagh Rpgers?,

She'd do a better job than Redknobb and she knows all about a jack in the box,
but she's not exactly the prime target..... unless Our Tone knows otherwise.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2015 17:29]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:28 - Nov 23 with 6311 viewsNorthernr

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:10 - Nov 23 by francisbowles

...and the first big job that comes along and he is off! Still, we might make a bit in compensation.

We shouldn't be afraid of that, it's what we're aiming for surely - it means we're appointing good managers and they're doing well here. Swansea get managers pinched from them - Rodgers, Martinez, Sousa.

We were having this discussion in the pub the other day and if you don't count Francis going to Spurs (there was a gap between him leaving here and turning up there I think) then the last manager who did well enough here to get poached by somebody else was Jim Smith going to Newcastle in 1988!!! Although Holloway did of course, infamously, get approached by Leicester.
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:31 - Nov 23 with 6285 viewsheadhoops

Brendan Rodgers - I would prefer Ted

at least we would have a formation 3-2-1

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:43 - Nov 23 with 6246 viewsClive_Anderson

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:28 - Nov 23 by Northernr

We shouldn't be afraid of that, it's what we're aiming for surely - it means we're appointing good managers and they're doing well here. Swansea get managers pinched from them - Rodgers, Martinez, Sousa.

We were having this discussion in the pub the other day and if you don't count Francis going to Spurs (there was a gap between him leaving here and turning up there I think) then the last manager who did well enough here to get poached by somebody else was Jim Smith going to Newcastle in 1988!!! Although Holloway did of course, infamously, get approached by Leicester.

Blimey. And it wasn't long before our manager was being poached by Barcelona.

Also hard to think it has been almost 10 years and 20 managers including caretakers since Holloway was here.
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:51 - Nov 23 with 6204 viewsNorthernr

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:43 - Nov 23 by Clive_Anderson

Blimey. And it wasn't long before our manager was being poached by Barcelona.

Also hard to think it has been almost 10 years and 20 managers including caretakers since Holloway was here.

I know, I think since Smith it's been...

J Smith (poached by Newcastle)
T Francis (sacked)
Don Howe (harshly sacked)
G Francis (resigned)
Wilkins (resigned/sacked)
Houston (sacked)
Harford (sacked)
G Francis (sacked/resigned)
Holloway (sacked)
Waddock (sacked)
Gregory (sacked)
De Canio (sacked)
Dowie (sacked)
Sousa (sacked)
Magilton (sacked)
Hart (sacked/resigned)
Harford (sacked, later tried to make out he was only a caretaker anyway)
Warnock (harshly sacked)
Hughes (sacked)
Redknapp (resigned)
Ramsey (sacked)
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:53 - Nov 23 with 6188 viewsfrancisbowles

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:28 - Nov 23 by Northernr

It would be ok if we got 2 to 3 years out of someone. However, if they left for a better offer after a year or less then we are trying to make a fresh start yet again.

We need a medium to long term solution to get this club going in the right direction. Difficult to achieve though.
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:54 - Nov 23 with 6183 viewsGloucs_R

Di Canio resigned

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:56 - Nov 23 with 6173 viewsNorthernr

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:54 - Nov 23 by Gloucs_R

Di Canio resigned

That's certainly not what I was told.
Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:57 - Nov 23 with 6163 viewsNorthernr

Rodgers to QPR likely says Express ?? on 17:53 - Nov 23 by francisbowles

It would be ok if we got 2 to 3 years out of someone. However, if they left for a better offer after a year or less then we are trying to make a fresh start yet again.

We need a medium to long term solution to get this club going in the right direction. Difficult to achieve though.

Well some clubs like to compensate that by setting in place a culture and ethos and appointing managers accordingly, so that every new appointment isn't such an upheaval and requiring of a fresh start.

Unfortunately, QPR couldn't even keep the same ethos and culture they had in August through to the end of October.

By ruling out managers who might leave for somewhere else too quickly, you're sort of saying we only want somebody nobody else would be that keen on! Surely we want a sought after boss - it would mean he's good and doing well?

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024