Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! 22:35 - Nov 23 with 1670 viewsFredManRave

Q. We would be in League 1 at best if it were not for which manager?!

A.

Get your laughing gear round that one...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 23:00 - Nov 23 with 1609 viewsPunteR

How does he work that one out?
Do you know what though,I do question wether we should have sacked Hughes when we did..
I'm going to log off now and punch myself in the face.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 11:34 - Nov 24 with 1441 viewsBrixtonR

A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 23:00 - Nov 23 by PunteR

How does he work that one out?
Do you know what though,I do question wether we should have sacked Hughes when we did..
I'm going to log off now and punch myself in the face.

Ha ha mate I have exactly the same thoughts, Maybe we should stick to the Frankie thread lol :-)

My actual answer to the Question re league one would have been John Gregory
A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 11:49 - Nov 24 with 1414 viewsTonto

the trouble with Mark Hughes is that he probably did set up a whole bunch of things in the background that we never see that may well benefit the club either in the short or long run. Certainly this was something I bought into at the time and still wish the club would continue with - the training ground, the youth development, the scouting etc.

But the issue was not the Mark Hughes "project" - it was the on field and player purchasing stuff that he completely cocked up. And that's probably an understatement.

I have never figured out whether that was an aberration (because he has been pretty successful everywhere else) or just another bit of proof that QPR are a REALLY badly run club that even Bob Shankley and Cloughie with Wenger and Fergie as the management team wouldn't make a difference.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 11:54 - Nov 24 with 1403 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kia Joorabchian was his downfall. Although I'm sure no one forced him to sign off on the dirty two dozen.
A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 11:57 - Nov 24 with 1398 viewsPlanetHonneywood

At Stoke, the board approve and handle all transfer activities. I am not sure about City or Fulham, but at QPR, you have to wonder to what extent, Mr. Joorabchain was influencing things!

It was a time any charlatan could rock up to HQ, give some old pony to Cap'n Titanic and he would swallow it hook, line and sinker. Only thing is, the overwhelming majority of fans were all on the same page, this is not going to work but alas, we did not have the cheque book!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 17:41 - Nov 24 with 1236 viewsClive_Anderson

So the stability behind the scenes is all thanks to Hughes. Thanks.

I thought we should have kept him to the end of the season as it was his mess and up to him to sort it out. Pissed me off when he just waltzed off with a massive payout claiming none of it was his fault.
A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 23:11 - Nov 24 with 1121 viewsCiderwithRsie

I share the general bemusement about this comment, but its quite interesting really. Ephraim was here at the time, before and even after so he's in a position to have an opinion. I don't see that he's got a particular axe to grind - if anything, I'd have thought Hughes was bad for him due to all the new players he brought, after Hogan had played a few games in the promotion season. He also struck me (e.g. from the 5 Year Plan film) as a pretty limited player but a decent sort of bloke who tried to do the right thing while craziness was bursting out all round.

So, while I don't see it myself, I'd love to know exactly what he means by it.

P.S. good shout on Gregory, I don't know how it would have worked if he had stayed on with access to a bit of a transfer budget, but I always felt he was harshly treated and never given a chance after having done well to stabilise things when he came back to the club.
A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 13:17 - Nov 25 with 1019 viewswhittocksRs

All the gossip you read about that Taffia era was it was a horrible, poisonous atmosphere created by Hughes' legions of coaches and performance staff, and cretins like Mike Rigg ripping up the existing structures (in itself not a bad thing) and replacing them with even worse but massively micromanaged ones. Ephraim didn't exactly come across as the brains of Britain in the Four Year Plan so wouldn't take him as gospel.
Login to get fewer ads

A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 13:26 - Nov 25 with 999 viewspaulparker

A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 11:34 - Nov 24 by BrixtonR

Ha ha mate I have exactly the same thoughts, Maybe we should stick to the Frankie thread lol :-)

My actual answer to the Question re league one would have been John Gregory

John Gregory performed miracles to keep us in the championship , and was also the manager who signed Hogan on loan

Hughes is and always will be a kunt , fcuk him ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A Bit of Light Relief - QPR Related! on 18:08 - Nov 25 with 922 viewsTGRRRSSS

Hughes has been done to death, but Hogan is several years too late, we went down, up and down again in the time since Hughes and the "Taffia", Rigg and Kia J not to mention some of the signings, anjd the goalkeepers fiasco.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024