Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell 08:21 - Nov 24 with 9171 viewsHollowayHoop

Suddenly it all makes sense. When TF said that "promotion means everything", he wasn't saying that keeping Fer and Sandro meant we are Premier League bound. Of course not; that would be fckuing stupid, even for him. I believe that he must've been contemplating Chris Powell's appointment and merely saying that "promotion [from League 1 next season] means everything".

And it's diffficult to argue with his logic.

I can almost hear it now - Chrissy Powell's blue and white army! Chrissy Powell's blue and white army!
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 15:08 - Nov 24 with 1761 viewswhittocksRs

Of course a decent manager is important — the idea of Blackwell in charge makes me groggy — but I don't think it'll make a massive amount of difference while Tony keeps having his little hissy fits and changing his mind about what he wants. Can't see that changing so am feeling very down about Rangers in general.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 15:47 - Nov 24 with 1680 viewspaulparker

Don't Mind Powell , I thought he was unlucky to be sacked at Charlton ,
IMHO I don't think he is ruthless enough for our overpaid prima donnas , he would be eaten alive here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 16:32 - Nov 24 with 1623 viewsvegasranger

Whoever gets the job can they bring a fitness coach with them? Sick to death of watching us play at half pace to conserve energy. Phillips was blowing hard after 20 minutes at Middlesbrough. The two central midfielders were gone after 60 minutes and we are in Novemeber !!
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 16:40 - Nov 24 with 1605 viewsNorthernr

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 16:32 - Nov 24 by vegasranger

Whoever gets the job can they bring a fitness coach with them? Sick to death of watching us play at half pace to conserve energy. Phillips was blowing hard after 20 minutes at Middlesbrough. The two central midfielders were gone after 60 minutes and we are in Novemeber !!

Unless he brings a surgeon capable of doing the first ever successful knee transplant operation Faurlin and Sandro are always going to be done after an hour.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 16:54 - Nov 24 with 1567 viewskarl

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 16:40 - Nov 24 by Northernr

Unless he brings a surgeon capable of doing the first ever successful knee transplant operation Faurlin and Sandro are always going to be done after an hour.

Heart transplant might be better for some.
Not Faurlin of course!
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 16:58 - Nov 24 with 1558 viewskarl

BTW Glasgow Rangers are facing 6 different court cases at present, cash was already running out without huge lawyers fees, and for the first time player sales are being talked about. Wouldn't surprise me that Warburton will be looking for an exit or even Rangers looking for him to get another club to realise a few quids worth of compensation.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 23:20 - Nov 24 with 1344 viewsCiderwithRsie

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:03 - Nov 24 by DevonWhite

Surprised Rowett is a candidate. Why would he leave Birmingham to come to us?

Isn't their owner still in jail? Might make Uncle Tony seem like an improvement.

On the other hand, if Fernandes was only allowed one phone call per month and no access to twitter it might be an improvement.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 23:25 - Nov 24 with 1333 viewsFredManRave

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 23:20 - Nov 24 by CiderwithRsie

Isn't their owner still in jail? Might make Uncle Tony seem like an improvement.

On the other hand, if Fernandes was only allowed one phone call per month and no access to twitter it might be an improvement.

Agreed.

Viva The Anti Fernandes Faction!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 00:18 - Nov 25 with 1276 viewsdaveB

I'm hoping that Hoos and Ferdinand get down to a final two candidates, they take them to Fernandes and whichever one TF picks then just say he was unavailable and appoint the other one
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 01:17 - Nov 25 with 1231 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Just a thought but if so much faith is being put in Les. Why dont we put him in charge and see what he actually does know.?
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 01:47 - Nov 25 with 1219 viewsNorthernr

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 01:17 - Nov 25 by bacardiinbrissie

Just a thought but if so much faith is being put in Les. Why dont we put him in charge and see what he actually does know.?

By that logic, the Spurs manager would be Daniel Levy and the Arsenal manager would be somebody whose actual first name is Chips.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 02:50 - Nov 25 with 1196 viewsbacardiinbrissie

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 01:47 - Nov 25 by Northernr

By that logic, the Spurs manager would be Daniel Levy and the Arsenal manager would be somebody whose actual first name is Chips.

No Levy isnt the DOF is he? It would be some faceless person from middle management is my guess.
I'm not knocking Les, but i really dont understand his role or what he has done? If he's responsible for signings and getting the players in, then he must have an idea of how he wants us to play. Thats fine, why doesnt he come and tell the players then?

Also it was said as a joke :)
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 03:15 - Nov 25 with 1190 viewsFDC

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 02:50 - Nov 25 by bacardiinbrissie

No Levy isnt the DOF is he? It would be some faceless person from middle management is my guess.
I'm not knocking Les, but i really dont understand his role or what he has done? If he's responsible for signings and getting the players in, then he must have an idea of how he wants us to play. Thats fine, why doesnt he come and tell the players then?

Well for one thing the idea is that by having a DoF we maintain at least some continuity in the face of regular managerial sackings.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 3:16]
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 07:00 - Nov 25 with 1136 viewsdaveB

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 02:50 - Nov 25 by bacardiinbrissie

The manager will always answer to someone and nowadays will never have final say on transfers. Before it was Beard who was reported to who had next to no idea about footbal so to have someone who has played the game, understands what QPR used to be and who has so far done a good job in the role has to be a benefit to the club. The way it works at QPR is the manager will say i want a right back so Les will either say you have Furlong in the youth team or give him a list of options that his scouting team have found. he manager will then decide who he wants and Ferdinand will try and do the deal. it's the same structure that everyone raves about at Southampton and is done at all clubs these days.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:40 - Nov 25 with 963 viewstraininvain

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 16:32 - Nov 24 by vegasranger

Maybe if Phillips took it easy on the protein shakes he might be not be blowing after 20 mins.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024