Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell 08:21 - Nov 24 with 8796 viewsHollowayHoop

Suddenly it all makes sense. When TF said that "promotion means everything", he wasn't saying that keeping Fer and Sandro meant we are Premier League bound. Of course not; that would be fckuing stupid, even for him. I believe that he must've been contemplating Chris Powell's appointment and merely saying that "promotion [from League 1 next season] means everything".

And it's diffficult to argue with his logic.

I can almost hear it now - Chrissy Powell's blue and white army! Chrissy Powell's blue and white army!
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:23 - Nov 24 with 4938 viewssimmo

Is it not worth possibly criticising only once we've made an appointment? They are supposed to interview a range of credible candidates - aren't they?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:23 - Nov 24 with 4936 viewsaston_hoop

Its cos he believes in the Rooney rule ain't it

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:28 - Nov 24 with 4901 viewsHollowayHoop

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:23 - Nov 24 by simmo

Is it not worth possibly criticising only once we've made an appointment? They are supposed to interview a range of credible candidates - aren't they?

I was with you right up until "credible candidates".
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:32 - Nov 24 with 4880 viewsWokingR

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:28 - Nov 24 by HollowayHoop

This

If we wanted an average manager who has never really set the world alight then we could just have easily have stuck with Ramsey
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:37 - Nov 24 with 4848 viewsDorse

Anyone who uses the word 'agenda' is banned.

After that time, obviously.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:42 - Nov 24 with 4840 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:37 - Nov 24 by Dorse

Anyone who uses the word 'agenda' is banned.

After that time, obviously.

Ramsey and now Powell?

I think Ferdinand will only hire former full backs, the racist.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:50 - Nov 24 with 4815 viewsexiled_dictator

article mentions that we have already interviewed powell, and that he is competing with both jfh and gary rowett.
i say let the competing continue.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:51 - Nov 24 with 4802 viewsThGrimRanger

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:42 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ramsey and now Powell?

I think Ferdinand will only hire former full backs, the racist.

well it was reported in a couple of papers last week that we'd approached Seedorf but he wasn't interested. He's after the Newcastle job apparently. I reckon he was warned off the basket case that is QPR.

blows your full back theory anyhow.

TheGrimRanger

Login to get fewer ads

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:55 - Nov 24 with 4779 viewsTheBlob

There's only Edgar Davids,Ruud Gullitt and Frank Rijkaard left now?

Of potential Dutch candidates?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:02 - Nov 24 with 4753 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:51 - Nov 24 by ThGrimRanger

well it was reported in a couple of papers last week that we'd approached Seedorf but he wasn't interested. He's after the Newcastle job apparently. I reckon he was warned off the basket case that is QPR.

blows your full back theory anyhow.

I really hope you don't think I was serious.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 9:31]
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:24 - Nov 24 with 4648 viewseghamranger

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:55 - Nov 24 by TheBlob

There's only Edgar Davids,Ruud Gullitt and Frank Rijkaard left now?

Of potential Dutch candidates?

Fer....player manager?
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:29 - Nov 24 with 4634 viewsMaggsinho

So, we complained that we didn't interview candidates and now we're complaining that we're interviewing candidates?
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:37 - Nov 24 with 4596 viewssimmo

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 08:28 - Nov 24 by HollowayHoop

He's got management experience at a decent level, on paper he's a credible candidate and would at least warrant a meeting. Maybe he had excellent references? Maybe he comes in and discusses what he thinks we could do, shares some ideas, etc. Interviewing doesn't mean you're considering hiring them specifically, it means you're assessing what that candidate is all about to then have them as an option - it's worthwhile even from a benchmarking point of view to compare against the performance of other interviewees.

You interview 10 people, cut that down to a shortlist of 3-5 that make it through to the 2nd stage - maybe it's then a final 2 who are both potentially right and have strong referrals, then it's about assessing individual demands - what package do they want? How will the fans react? Will he play the style we want? Does he share our ambitions?

It's called a recruitment process and it involves canvassing a market. To complain about it is to ignore the fact that QPR are finally, seemingly, doing something right.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:44 - Nov 24 with 4562 viewsTheBlob

I remember that "interview process" personally from way back when it was just a cosmetic pr exercise and the job had already been filled.I'll bet a penny to a pound of Latvian excrement that's what you've got here.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:47 - Nov 24 with 4559 viewsDevonWhite

After the way QPR have conducted themselves when hiring managers over the last 5 years or so, are people really complaining about us interviewing a wide range of candidates? Seriously?
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:49 - Nov 24 with 4543 viewsGloucs_R

Is Les racist? Two of those managers are black, has he got something against white managers?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:51 - Nov 24 with 4535 viewsdaveB

So when Ramsey got the job the club were slated for not doing interviews, now they are being slated for doing interviews.

If Powell has applied he deserves an interview as do the several other managers who have been spoken to. QPR are doing it properly for once, praise the lord
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:54 - Nov 24 with 4514 viewsexiled_dictator

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:47 - Nov 24 by DevonWhite

After the way QPR have conducted themselves when hiring managers over the last 5 years or so, are people really complaining about us interviewing a wide range of candidates? Seriously?

yeah, right on.
we should never be in a position where we interview potential managers; surely history has shown us that we need to be interviewED by any potential manager whereby we have our trousers removed and a giant omnibus inserted up our rectum. with no ky.

seriously, the idea that people are complaining because we are actually doing the right thing by interviewing candidates and taking our time, just shows how far we have sunk, and how far along the evolutionary process some of our supporters are.

heads they win, tails we lose.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:54 - Nov 24 with 4510 viewsGloucs_R

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:51 - Nov 24 by daveB

So when Ramsey got the job the club were slated for not doing interviews, now they are being slated for doing interviews.

If Powell has applied he deserves an interview as do the several other managers who have been spoken to. QPR are doing it properly for once, praise the lord

If I apply, to I deserve an interview? Thats bllx Dave.

If the short list is Rowett, Powell and JFH then I'd be shocked.

Wouldnt surprise me if its another ploy so when JFH gets the job we are a little more appreciative as it could have been Powell.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:59 - Nov 24 with 4480 viewsdaveB

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:54 - Nov 24 by Gloucs_R

If I apply, to I deserve an interview? Thats bllx Dave.

If the short list is Rowett, Powell and JFH then I'd be shocked.

Wouldnt surprise me if its another ploy so when JFH gets the job we are a little more appreciative as it could have been Powell.

If you have experience as a football manager at a decent level then yes you deserve an interview. Powell has several years experience at this level. There is no ploy here, no hidden agenda, they are just interviewing candidates and will pick who they think is the best one.

Last time we did this a weird bunch were spoken to such as Steve Bruce, Steve Coppell, Steve Constentine, Peter Shreeves and Steve Perryman before Holloway got the job.

Of course though Chris Powell is black so we have more of this bollocks where people who don't want a black manager talk about agendas.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 10:07 - Nov 24 with 4429 viewswombat

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:59 - Nov 24 by daveB

If you have experience as a football manager at a decent level then yes you deserve an interview. Powell has several years experience at this level. There is no ploy here, no hidden agenda, they are just interviewing candidates and will pick who they think is the best one.

Last time we did this a weird bunch were spoken to such as Steve Bruce, Steve Coppell, Steve Constentine, Peter Shreeves and Steve Perryman before Holloway got the job.

Of course though Chris Powell is black so we have more of this bollocks where people who don't want a black manager talk about agendas.

dont forget he is a rangers fan as well always useful in any interview

Poll: which is your favouite foot

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 10:11 - Nov 24 with 4413 viewsadhoc_qpr

Chris Powell is much more credible than Chris Ramsey was - he did get Charlton promoted while promoting lots of youth team players into the first team.

It's wouldn't an exciting appointment though and obviously his last job seems to have been a bit of a disaster - we'd need to understand why that was.

I'd want Rowett from that list - I have a feeling that JFH's success was built largely on Rowett's foundations.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 10:26 - Nov 24 with 4357 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

SIR LES FERDINAND'S ACTUAL AGENDA

0900 Arrive at Harlington. Wear wellies because the place is a shithole and the pitch is a mess.

1000 Conference call with shareholders. Remind Uncle Tony Warbury Warriors don't actually exist, so putting a bid in for Nick Jarvis is unfeasible.

1015 Avoid call from Tim Sherwood. Tell him i'm out.

1200 Lunch Interview with Nigel Pearson. Avoid Thai places.

1300 Call Brendan Rogers to arrange interview. Explain to him who QPR are.

1400 Log onto LFW. See if they are still talking shit about Rooney Rule and black conspiracies.

1700 Get home and wonder what the fvck i've got myself into.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 10:27 - Nov 24 with 4351 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Based on the evidence provided over the last four years, I think we should worry more worry about who is doing the interviewing as opposed to who is being interviewed. Not that the latter isn't a worry either!

The type of bloke we need will march into that dressing room and instill automatic fear and/or respect into our bunch of under-performing oafs and will command instant respect. Because that is what is needed, someone this bunch of players will respect as much as believe in.

Chris Powell strikes me as the type of character who will knock on the dressing room door first and seek permission to enter. JFH has presence, but whether he has enough experience is the gamble. Of the three names mentioned thus far in this thread, then Rowett would seem to be the lesser gamble with a good record thus far.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:01 - Nov 24 with 4225 viewslondonscottish

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 10:26 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

SIR LES FERDINAND'S ACTUAL AGENDA

0900 Arrive at Harlington. Wear wellies because the place is a shithole and the pitch is a mess.

1000 Conference call with shareholders. Remind Uncle Tony Warbury Warriors don't actually exist, so putting a bid in for Nick Jarvis is unfeasible.

1015 Avoid call from Tim Sherwood. Tell him i'm out.

1200 Lunch Interview with Nigel Pearson. Avoid Thai places.

1300 Call Brendan Rogers to arrange interview. Explain to him who QPR are.

1400 Log onto LFW. See if they are still talking shit about Rooney Rule and black conspiracies.

1700 Get home and wonder what the fvck i've got myself into.

"Avoid Thai places".

:-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024