Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell 08:21 - Nov 24 with 9177 viewsHollowayHoop

Suddenly it all makes sense. When TF said that "promotion means everything", he wasn't saying that keeping Fer and Sandro meant we are Premier League bound. Of course not; that would be fckuing stupid, even for him. I believe that he must've been contemplating Chris Powell's appointment and merely saying that "promotion [from League 1 next season] means everything".

And it's diffficult to argue with his logic.

I can almost hear it now - Chrissy Powell's blue and white army! Chrissy Powell's blue and white army!
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:03 - Nov 24 with 2298 viewsDevonWhite

Surprised Rowett is a candidate. Why would he leave Birmingham to come to us?
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:07 - Nov 24 with 2286 viewsMvpeter

I'd say people are concerned with it taking three weeks. Haven't seen anyone complain about interviews.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:12 - Nov 24 with 2272 viewsjohncharles

Either the board are keeping their cards very close to their chests or they don't have any cards at all.

Strong and stable my arse.

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:13 - Nov 24 with 2268 viewssimmo

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:03 - Nov 24 by DevonWhite

I wouldn't have thought we'd stand a chance, but if he's anywhere near the reckoning I would pay what is required and get him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:17 - Nov 24 with 2254 viewsDevonWhite

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:13 - Nov 24 by simmo

I wouldn't have thought we'd stand a chance, but if he's anywhere near the reckoning I would pay what is required and get him.

Definitely. Apparently he's odds on to be the new Fulham manager.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:25 - Nov 24 with 2242 viewsJigsore

Every single thread

i'm not sure if its QPR i'm bored at right now or this forum. Or both

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:25 - Nov 24 with 2242 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:03 - Nov 24 by DevonWhite

Aren't they still broke and owned by Carson Yeung who is still in various legal difficulties? Mind you we aren't in much rosier shape (although at least TF isn't a crook...)

Rowett is the stand out candidate on that list though.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:29 - Nov 24 with 2223 viewsdaveB

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:07 - Nov 24 by Mvpeter

I'd say people are concerned with it taking three weeks. Haven't seen anyone complain about interviews.

I'd rather they tale a few weeks and get it right for a change, no mad rush really as Warnock more than capable of looking after things for a few weeks and only been 2 games.
Login to get fewer ads

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:56 - Nov 24 with 2161 viewsMvpeter

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:29 - Nov 24 by daveB

I'd rather they tale a few weeks and get it right for a change, no mad rush really as Warnock more than capable of looking after things for a few weeks and only been 2 games.

Yeah that's fair enough I'm in no rush either we're midtable and we have a manager at the club. That said it would be nice to have it sorted by the end of the month so he'll have some time to look at the squad before January.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 12:02 - Nov 24 with 2149 viewsdaveB

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 11:56 - Nov 24 by Mvpeter

Yeah that's fair enough I'm in no rush either we're midtable and we have a manager at the club. That said it would be nice to have it sorted by the end of the month so he'll have some time to look at the squad before January.

I reckon we'll have someone in charge by the Reading game
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 12:24 - Nov 24 with 2077 viewsYorkRanger

I would suspect he may think he has taken Brimingham as far as he can and see a club with a willingness to invest in players and owners with money to spend (allegedly).

I'm surprised he is in the mix. I'd be happy if he was appointed.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 12:27 - Nov 24 with 2063 viewssimmo

Rowett down as low as 8/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/qpr/next-qpr-manager-odds

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 12:42 - Nov 24 with 2002 viewsGloucs_R

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 09:59 - Nov 24 by daveB

If you have experience as a football manager at a decent level then yes you deserve an interview. Powell has several years experience at this level. There is no ploy here, no hidden agenda, they are just interviewing candidates and will pick who they think is the best one.

Last time we did this a weird bunch were spoken to such as Steve Bruce, Steve Coppell, Steve Constentine, Peter Shreeves and Steve Perryman before Holloway got the job.

Of course though Chris Powell is black so we have more of this bollocks where people who don't want a black manager talk about agendas.

Was the last paragraph aimed at me Dave??

Poll: Are we staying up?

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 12:56 - Nov 24 with 1957 viewsbaz_qpr

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 12:27 - Nov 24 by simmo

Rowett down as low as 8/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/qpr/next-qpr-manager-odds

Rowett is favorite for the Fulham job
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 13:12 - Nov 24 with 1895 viewsbrad

Chris Powell is a credible candidate for the job,he has experience managing at this level,and got promotion with charlton,i though he was doin a good job at huddesfield,no harm to have him in the mix.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 13:57 - Nov 24 with 1747 viewsTacticalR

I thought that we agreed that we weren't going to appoint any manager named 'Chris'?

Air hostess clique

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:00 - Nov 24 with 1738 viewsNorthernr

We're taking our time, we're interviewing candidates, we're interviewing a range of candidates, Fernandes isn't Tweeting about it, Hoos is involved.

This is all massively positive and a big improvement on our previous quickfire, shortlist of one appointments that often came because somebody had been in Fernandes' ear or on his fcking Twitter feed.

Let's at least wait and see who they come up with before ripping it to pieces. Or, you know, maybe give them a year or so, couple of transfer windows, to see what they can do?
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:05 - Nov 24 with 1717 viewsGloucs_R

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:00 - Nov 24 by Northernr

We're taking our time, we're interviewing candidates, we're interviewing a range of candidates, Fernandes isn't Tweeting about it, Hoos is involved.

This is all massively positive and a big improvement on our previous quickfire, shortlist of one appointments that often came because somebody had been in Fernandes' ear or on his fcking Twitter feed.

Let's at least wait and see who they come up with before ripping it to pieces. Or, you know, maybe give them a year or so, couple of transfer windows, to see what they can do?

Agree, but we can still have our own views.

Powell isnt for me. Not because he is black, which incidently I couldnt give a flying duck about, but because he hasnt done anything of note at his previous two clubs. I think there are stronger candidates out there.

I'm in the Adkins, McDermott, Clough, Jackett bracket personally. Possibly JFH but I still think he could do with a couple more years.

Laudrup and Rodgers are pure fantasy IMO. Although I would happily take Rodgers.

Poll: Are we staying up?

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:06 - Nov 24 with 1713 viewsTheBlob

No matter how you cut it,it'll be the same old pie.

A complete fukkup of a pie.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:10 - Nov 24 with 1707 viewsNorthernr

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:05 - Nov 24 by Gloucs_R

Agree, but we can still have our own views.

Powell isnt for me. Not because he is black, which incidently I couldnt give a flying duck about, but because he hasnt done anything of note at his previous two clubs. I think there are stronger candidates out there.

I'm in the Adkins, McDermott, Clough, Jackett bracket personally. Possibly JFH but I still think he could do with a couple more years.

Laudrup and Rodgers are pure fantasy IMO. Although I would happily take Rodgers.

I agree, I wouldn't be impressed with Powell either, and his appointment would run contrary to the "we should be getting promoted this year" mantra that Ramsey was judged and sacked by.

But at the moment he's one candidate in an interview process. I'd prefer to just rejoice that we finally seem to be going about appointing managers in the right way for now, rather than slagging them off for some of the candidates.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:20 - Nov 24 with 1677 viewsdaveB

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 12:42 - Nov 24 by Gloucs_R

Was the last paragraph aimed at me Dave??

no mate
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:35 - Nov 24 with 1640 viewsMatch82

Nothing to do with his management credentials, but when I was a kid I remember meeting him. My dad was refereeing a palace reserves match away at chipstead so I was there about 2 hours early as my dad was setting up.

Chris came over, took me into the palace dressing room, introduced me to all the other players, gave me a football and got them all to sign it for me.

Thoroughly good bloke, and have always remembered that 25 years later. Not many of today's players would do something like that. Have always been pleased to see him be successful.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:42 - Nov 24 with 1624 viewsHooped_Pullie

If that really is the shortlist :-

Powell - did good things at the Valley, but mainly in League One. Seems to struggle at Champ level, can't think why we'd really consider him much of an upgrade :

JFH - no experience, stepped into a great setup and has kept it going, but how much of Burton's success is down to him ? Not a lot, methinks :

Gary Rowett - pay the money, grab him fast if he wants to come. Big managerial name of the future, will take on our challenge & win. Has worked near miracles for Brum.

Still have the nagging feeling we'll end up with an unknown foreign coach who's interviewed well, though.
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:50 - Nov 24 with 1598 viewsdaveB

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:42 - Nov 24 by Hooped_Pullie

Powell - did good things at the Valley, but mainly in League One. Seems to struggle at Champ level, can't think why we'd really consider him much of an upgrade :

JFH - no experience, stepped into a great setup and has kept it going, but how much of Burton's success is down to him ? Not a lot, methinks :

Gary Rowett - pay the money, grab him fast if he wants to come. Big managerial name of the future, will take on our challenge & win. Has worked near miracles for Brum.

Still have the nagging feeling we'll end up with an unknown foreign coach who's interviewed well, though.

No one knows who is on the shortlist, all pure guesswork at the moment.

JFH does have experience though and although did take over a decent side they were on a poor run and slipping down the table when he took over, he's done a decent job with them
According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:55 - Nov 24 with 1578 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to The Times we've interviewed Chris Powell on 14:42 - Nov 24 by Hooped_Pullie

I agree with this (although Powell is an upgrade on Ramsey, he's way short of what we should be aiming for).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024