Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... 09:19 - Nov 24 with 4234 viewsMonahoop

Fans or admirers on here of Wilko Johnson may want to watch Imagine on BBC1 tonight at 10.35 [ check for regional time variations]. It's titled The Ecstasy Of Wilko Johnson, the new documentary on the bard of Canvey Island by Julien Temple [ who made the brilliant documentary about Dr Feelgood, Oil City Confidential in 2009 ]. Seen snippets of it. Looking forward to it.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 09:23 - Nov 24 with 4226 viewsjohncharles

Many thanks. I didn't know it was on. That's why I love LFW.
Wilko, he does it right.

Strong and stable my arse.

Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 09:46 - Nov 24 with 4205 viewsDiscodroids

thanks Mono will watch that.

one of my all time Favourites.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 13:22 - Nov 24 with 4132 viewsWilloW4

Cheers for the heads up monahoop, looking forward to it..(oil city confidential was indeed brilliant).
Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 14:41 - Nov 24 with 4091 viewsToast_R

I thought this was a Black Friday heads'up for hardware store discounts
Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 14:44 - Nov 24 with 4087 viewsHooped_Pullie

Love Wilko, great musician, with a really remarkable story to tell which gives the finger to life's doom merchants.

Will be unmissable stuff.
Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 18:45 - Nov 24 with 4016 viewsSomersetHoops

I'm learning drumming, which is harder that I though and I've been bashing away (not very well) with what hopefully will be a Dr Feelgood tribute band called Well Oiled, so thanks for the info. Mono it will be compulsory watching for me.

Who's Next?

Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 20:36 - Nov 24 with 3967 viewsBens_dad

Thanks for that. Set the HD box to record.

I used to sing 'She does it right' in a band.
Love the band.
Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 20:57 - Nov 24 with 3957 viewsMonahoop

Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 18:45 - Nov 24 by SomersetHoops

I'm learning drumming, which is harder that I though and I've been bashing away (not very well) with what hopefully will be a Dr Feelgood tribute band called Well Oiled, so thanks for the info. Mono it will be compulsory watching for me.

Good luck with the band. No harm in setting your standards high, to be like The Big Figure. A mighty fine drummer.

Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 12:16 - Nov 25 with 3866 viewsRickyDicky

Great documentary, very inspiring. Good luck Wilko.

Saw them many times in the day, along with Eddie and the Hot rods, remember them ?, saw them only last year in Southend.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 19:44 - Nov 25 with 3800 viewsMonahoop

Excellent documentary. I like a lot of Julien Temple's stuff. I had the opportunity to meet Mr Temple in Dublin in the summer at the Irish Film Institute where he was previewing this documentary, however work commitments got in the way on the crucial day. So glad I saw Wilko and his band in Dublin in May. He looked as if nothing was ever wrong with him. The bloke must be tough as old boots to go through what he went through. Sadly not too many of the old school, entertaining, eccentric rockers around nowadays. Keep on rockin' Mr Johnson.

Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 19:56 - Nov 25 with 3791 viewsBrightonhoop

Was excellent and Wilko came across really well, tough as old boots.

Cant remember who he was talking about but had to laugh when he said 'He#s not hard enough to come to Canvey Island!'
Non QPR. For Wilko fans on here... on 16:07 - Nov 26 with 3718 viewsthemodfather

caught up with this on catch up....if there's a moral it's get a 2nd opinion, cos wilko didn't for over a year and someone recommended he goes for a new check up and he then had to undergo and lengthy op and seems to be so much the better for it....a tough character for sure, if one man can stare at you and give you the shivers it's wilko! playing an executioner is brilliant casting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024