Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - Hamburg 10:48 - Nov 24 with 1099 views1MoreBrightonR

Going to Hamburg with a friend to catch a football game in March. Where's the best area to stay? Harbour, St Pauli and around the station seem to be the three main suggestions so far. We want to be near decent restaurants and bars though at some point will be tourists and have a wander.
Non QPR - Hamburg on 10:55 - Nov 24 with 1087 viewsKonk

I’ve been to Hamburg a few times, and I would really recommend staying somewhere around Sternschanze/Schanzenviertel, Altona or St Pauli. Loads of bars, cafes and restaurants. A bit scruffy and lots of creative types about, if that’s your thing. The City centre itself is fine, but I thought those areas were much more interesting for a night out or drinking in the day.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Non QPR - Hamburg on 11:57 - Nov 24 with 1052 viewsToast_R

Went there for my Stag in 2013. One of the sleaziest places I've been to but lots of fun though.
The Reeperbahn is where it's all at but if your looking for something quieter, then there's lots of other stuff not far from the city centre. Down by the riverside there's plenty of good bars.

One restaurant we visited as part of the weekend package and is an absolute must, Groninger. Food is wonderful and the beer, well like all German beer it's simply the best in the world. If there's a group of you, order one of their wooden kegs and a platter. Superb.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187331-d797589-Reviews-Groninger
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 12:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024