Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just over a third . . . 17:10 - Nov 24 with 2795 viewsCFW

We are just over a third of the way into the season and just wondering what you guy's think of the season so far and where you think we will end up come the end of the season?

For me - I think most of us agreed the signings (on paper) we made before the start of the season looked reasonable if not great. Chery looked like a good purchase as did the two Swindon lads and they might still go on to become good investments. For me Chery is the pick (no pun intended) and played in his preferred position I feel he is an asset to the team. JET has been in and out and Polter looks like a bad signing although I do accept he has not really been given a fair opportunity. Perch and Konch were always going to be short term and they have been exactly what I expected - no more than average.

Ramsey was always going to fail - way out of his depth and so it proved.

Obviously with players not leaving I think the expectations were always gong to be higher and this is where I feel we have fallen short by a long way. Green has looked flakey to say the least, Ned is no Captain, Philips has been poor and very inconsistent. Sandro, Fer and Charlie have not had a clear run without being injured or being fit and considering we are 17 games in that is not good.

Positives for me is Hall has looked good, Ale has done well and his knee is ok and apart fro the Fulham match we have not taken a hiding!!!

This forum is all about opinions and we all have them and not usually the same ones - for me I would get Pearson in as soon as possible. We need a manager not a coach/manager. We need someone who has played at a high level, has good track record at this level and knows how to set a team up against different opposition. I thought the Middlesborough game showed that - clearly homework had been done, the team selected knew their jobs and we looked solid. Ok we lost the match but we could have won against a side that will not be far away at the end of the season.

Unfortunately for me we will take another option - Pearson would not work with Les as Director of football so we will go for JFH who has no real experience and we will end up bottom half of the table at best. Shame but after all that has gone on with our club it could be a lot, lot worse.
Just over a third . . . on 09:50 - Nov 26 with 512 viewswhittocksRs

Just over a third . . . on 16:18 - Nov 25 by adhoc_qpr

To also sounding like a broken record - Ramsey was failing at consolidation AND promotion!

The mystical 'changing goalposts' is irrelevant.

2 wins in 2 months, a steady slide down the table towards a relegation fight and deteriorating performance levels.

And all this while putting zero foundations in place for the future (loan players, no youth players, players who won't be here next year playing i.e. Henry, no coaching staff).

Unless your idea of 'consolidation' is to just to finish 21st and start from scratch next summer?

I agree with you on the loan players. No need for any of them when we have perfectly reasonable options within the club already. But Ramsey had at 13th in the table, which if we were talking about consolidating in the division is almost smack-bang where you'd expect, when he was fired. It was boring, we were boring, but we were where we expected to be. We were not going to be relegated.

We were okay until Fernandes piped up, and that clearly threw Ramsey off completely. Imagine you were given a work target, were on course to hit it, and then your boss decided you had to do something completely different. You'd fail too. Not saying he was the right man, as I didn't like his in-game management, but unfair to judge without the context.

The chances of relegation have gone up since Fernandes said we needed to be promoted, because the pressure on the players went up and they had gotten in the midset that consolidation was the strategy.
Just over a third . . . on 09:56 - Nov 26 with 510 viewsadhoc_qpr

Just over a third . . . on 09:50 - Nov 26 by whittocksRs

I agree with you on the loan players. No need for any of them when we have perfectly reasonable options within the club already. But Ramsey had at 13th in the table, which if we were talking about consolidating in the division is almost smack-bang where you'd expect, when he was fired. It was boring, we were boring, but we were where we expected to be. We were not going to be relegated.

We were okay until Fernandes piped up, and that clearly threw Ramsey off completely. Imagine you were given a work target, were on course to hit it, and then your boss decided you had to do something completely different. You'd fail too. Not saying he was the right man, as I didn't like his in-game management, but unfair to judge without the context.

The chances of relegation have gone up since Fernandes said we needed to be promoted, because the pressure on the players went up and they had gotten in the midset that consolidation was the strategy.

Fair enough, although i also agree that we were unlikely to get relegated our form had fallen off a cliff and Ramsey seemed to have no idea of how to turn it around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024