Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just over a third . . . 17:10 - Nov 24 with 2813 viewsCFW

We are just over a third of the way into the season and just wondering what you guy's think of the season so far and where you think we will end up come the end of the season?

For me - I think most of us agreed the signings (on paper) we made before the start of the season looked reasonable if not great. Chery looked like a good purchase as did the two Swindon lads and they might still go on to become good investments. For me Chery is the pick (no pun intended) and played in his preferred position I feel he is an asset to the team. JET has been in and out and Polter looks like a bad signing although I do accept he has not really been given a fair opportunity. Perch and Konch were always going to be short term and they have been exactly what I expected - no more than average.

Ramsey was always going to fail - way out of his depth and so it proved.

Obviously with players not leaving I think the expectations were always gong to be higher and this is where I feel we have fallen short by a long way. Green has looked flakey to say the least, Ned is no Captain, Philips has been poor and very inconsistent. Sandro, Fer and Charlie have not had a clear run without being injured or being fit and considering we are 17 games in that is not good.

Positives for me is Hall has looked good, Ale has done well and his knee is ok and apart fro the Fulham match we have not taken a hiding!!!

This forum is all about opinions and we all have them and not usually the same ones - for me I would get Pearson in as soon as possible. We need a manager not a coach/manager. We need someone who has played at a high level, has good track record at this level and knows how to set a team up against different opposition. I thought the Middlesborough game showed that - clearly homework had been done, the team selected knew their jobs and we looked solid. Ok we lost the match but we could have won against a side that will not be far away at the end of the season.

Unfortunately for me we will take another option - Pearson would not work with Les as Director of football so we will go for JFH who has no real experience and we will end up bottom half of the table at best. Shame but after all that has gone on with our club it could be a lot, lot worse.
Just over a third . . . on 17:21 - Nov 24 with 2337 viewsCliff

I for one had no idea how this season was going to go after so many changes. Then when we didn't have as many changes as I expected I thought maybe things would be more settled!

I can confirm that I've been to all home game and a couple of away games and I have no idea who'll be in the line-up, where or how they'll play, and now I'm not even sure who'll be in the dug out at any particular match!
Just over a third . . . on 17:27 - Nov 24 with 2323 viewsTacticalR

Just over a third . . . on 17:21 - Nov 24 by Cliff

I for one had no idea how this season was going to go after so many changes. Then when we didn't have as many changes as I expected I thought maybe things would be more settled!

I can confirm that I've been to all home game and a couple of away games and I have no idea who'll be in the line-up, where or how they'll play, and now I'm not even sure who'll be in the dug out at any particular match!

Is it Schrödinger’s football Cliff?

Air hostess clique

Just over a third . . . on 17:37 - Nov 24 with 2300 viewsbosh67

We will end the season either mid table and getting a grip on being a proper football club or being clear of the relegation zone by enough points but looking a dead cert to fall again the next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just over a third . . . on 18:05 - Nov 24 with 2253 viewsBasingstokeR

Can we have a forum moratorium on the use of the phrase "out of his depth" - it must be one of the most frequently and overused on here in the last year.
Just over a third . . . on 18:07 - Nov 24 with 2244 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I am having a fuggin' ball!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just over a third . . . on 18:08 - Nov 24 with 2242 viewsderbyhoop

At the start I said somewhere between 4th and 20th. I'm narrowing that down to 10th to 18th.

As others have said, the so-called star players who stayed have either not been fit or nowhere near anticipated form. Decent long term signings in the Summer (note the long term!). Disappointing that, although 6 different young players, excluding Doughty, have played, none have made a case for a regular place.

Suspect January and next Summer will see another massive clearout and more young, up and coming players, followed by a relegation struggle.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Just over a third . . . on 18:41 - Nov 24 with 2192 viewsitsbiga

While TF is calling the shots we ain't going to improve in my view. Guy has no f'ing clue what he is doing.
Time to tear off the plasters and get rid of some players. I'd sell Charlie in Jan so we can get 8-10 mil. He's off in the summer on a free and we can probably scrape through without him for the rest of the season. Best to grab the money now.
Fer, Green, Phillips, Toilet, Traore, Austin. Sell em in Jan.
What's Mackie up to? He's been out all season so far, when is he due back?

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Just over a third . . . on 19:08 - Nov 24 with 2148 viewsLblock

I'm lovin it me

(In a Neil Warnock accent)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Just over a third . . . on 20:18 - Nov 24 with 2076 viewsPunteR

What do i think of the season so far?

Predictably we've shot ourselves in the foot,again.

Another load of new players,another manager sacking, Another load of players not knowing what the fug is going on at our club.
Yeah,sack Ramsey,a man who's never managed a club at this level ,but had the proverbials to take over from Redknapp when we needed him.
Ramsey if your reading this(of course he's not), Sorry mate but we're better than you.. We're a mid table championship club.. Woooooo
Yep, Kevin Blackwell....Genius...
Its ok, we've stuck an advert in Loot for job applicants. -
Looking for experienced , football championship manager that will get us promoted.
Must own vehicle.
Own 110v tools
CIS registered
PPE required

What am i going on about.?.........................Wibble.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Just over a third . . . on 21:04 - Nov 24 with 2053 viewsngbqpr

Summer - quite happy. Bought into the back to our roots talk. Thought the signings for the most part fitted the new look bill - clear with that many coming in that some wouldn't work out, but a step in the right direction. Didn't lose as much sleep as some over the slightly scatty pre-season programme.

Charlton was disappointing but decided not to knee jerk, and the run from then til deadline day saw me positively...er...positive

Deadline day was a concern. I was delighted we kept Charlie as he clearly had the right attitude...I hoped Phillips would start to blossom again under Ramsey as he did last season...but I was worried about the failure to offload either Fer or Sandro, even on loan with a subsidised wage. Suddenly the make up of the squad (and the wage bill) didn't seem to match the new model.

Post-deadline day, I was still surprised how quickly things began to unravel. No major beef with Perch (tries hard but have always thought he was average at best) or Konch (half decent player well past his sell by), think they're honest pros, but was disappointed to see them preferred to younger, cheaper alternatives (Harriman re-signed then loaned straight out was nuts)

Watershed moment for me - TF's tweet about wanting to go up. That's where it all went wrong, and pretty much since that moment (the way sections of the crowd turned on either Ramsey or each other, the collapse in results, Ramsey struggling badly with the goalpost move, the subsequent sacking, the worry about Warnock's role, wondering who the hell will want to take the poison chalice next, seemingly no idea if we want an experienced head or a young gun, shapeless & toothless performances, then to top it all Kevin fkin Blackwell) - well since that tweet, for me it's been as bad as the Paladini / Tango & Cash era in terms of being $hit

The apathy thread pretty much summed up my feelings

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Just over a third . . . on 23:38 - Nov 24 with 1947 viewsMatch82

Just over a third . . . on 21:04 - Nov 24 by ngbqpr

Summer - quite happy. Bought into the back to our roots talk. Thought the signings for the most part fitted the new look bill - clear with that many coming in that some wouldn't work out, but a step in the right direction. Didn't lose as much sleep as some over the slightly scatty pre-season programme.

Charlton was disappointing but decided not to knee jerk, and the run from then til deadline day saw me positively...er...positive

Deadline day was a concern. I was delighted we kept Charlie as he clearly had the right attitude...I hoped Phillips would start to blossom again under Ramsey as he did last season...but I was worried about the failure to offload either Fer or Sandro, even on loan with a subsidised wage. Suddenly the make up of the squad (and the wage bill) didn't seem to match the new model.

Post-deadline day, I was still surprised how quickly things began to unravel. No major beef with Perch (tries hard but have always thought he was average at best) or Konch (half decent player well past his sell by), think they're honest pros, but was disappointed to see them preferred to younger, cheaper alternatives (Harriman re-signed then loaned straight out was nuts)

Watershed moment for me - TF's tweet about wanting to go up. That's where it all went wrong, and pretty much since that moment (the way sections of the crowd turned on either Ramsey or each other, the collapse in results, Ramsey struggling badly with the goalpost move, the subsequent sacking, the worry about Warnock's role, wondering who the hell will want to take the poison chalice next, seemingly no idea if we want an experienced head or a young gun, shapeless & toothless performances, then to top it all Kevin fkin Blackwell) - well since that tweet, for me it's been as bad as the Paladini / Tango & Cash era in terms of being $hit

The apathy thread pretty much summed up my feelings

Pretty much this, although I personally wouldn't have been upset if we had offloaded everyone in January. 100% agree with that tweet (and the associated internal discussions about expectation changes that went with it) being the turning point
Just over a third . . . on 23:59 - Nov 24 with 1919 viewstimcocking

'Ramsey was always going to fail - way out of his depth. '

Sigh. Modern football fans - what a bloody joke.
Just over a third . . . on 00:02 - Nov 25 with 1915 viewsDorse

This season is a complete arse up.

The recruitment policy was predicated on selling Chaz et al in order to fund new signings (in the new FFP universe) and we unaccountably failed so to do. The side would have been formed very differently if this had been achieved.

I blame everyone except me.

Yes. I have been drinking, hence my lucid erudition.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Just over a third . . . on 05:25 - Nov 25 with 1852 viewsWesty75

It's been pretty sh1t and as a season ticket holder for the past 25 years I'm finding it hard to give much of a f*ck at the moment. There's no great connection between fans and players, few characters in the team and a sense of rudderless drift from top to bottom.
Just over a third . . . on 09:48 - Nov 25 with 1774 viewsCFW

Just over a third . . . on 23:59 - Nov 24 by timcocking

'Ramsey was always going to fail - way out of his depth. '

Sigh. Modern football fans - what a bloody joke.

Sorry am I missing something here?

Modern football fans - what a bloody joke.

I am not a modern football fan and I have supported QPR since 1962 and I do not consider myself a joke although the way the club has been run in recent years that slur could well be made about them.

Please give me three reasons why Ramsey was either not going to fail or be a success. Then also give me reasons why he was not out of his depth - perhaps you might want to start with his previous managerial experience.

I would like to add that I am not anti CR - I think he is a good man and he should never have been put into that position but in y view what the club needs now more than ever is an experienced manager who can get the best out of our players. For me that is Pearson.
Just over a third . . . on 10:50 - Nov 25 with 1749 viewsRangersDave

The same as I started the season unfortunately.
I'm just watching and hoping but not getting too get up over yet another season screwed up. Lol

Newport showed me in advance what this season would be like and so far my opinion hasn't changed.

I fear for the club though, and see relegation as a distinct possibility, but if it happens I will look forward to going to some new grounds next year. Lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Just over a third . . . on 12:04 - Nov 25 with 1702 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey getting fired was very predictable - I wouldn't even say out of his depth, I'd say he isn't good enough and never was.

Firing him was just correcting the mistake in appointing him in the summer.

Summer signings are a mixed bag so far, with Gladwin and Poulter being the only flops at this stage (despite having had next to no opportunities to play).

Luongo looks like he'll be an asset though. Lack of proper fullbacks and proven strikers has left us lacking a bit of balance.

Performance wise we are pretty much where i expected a Ramsey led team to be - hopefully once we install a new manager we might see a bit more of a plan and consistency - obviously we need the right man though.

I'd hope for a good managerial appointment, a finish somewhere between 6th and 10th and hopefully Sir Les and Hoos to continue to improve things behind the scenes (scouting, youth, financial controls, training facilities etc) to set us up for next season in good shape.
Just over a third . . . on 12:51 - Nov 25 with 1674 viewsCliff

Just over a third . . . on 17:27 - Nov 24 by TacticalR

Is it Schrödinger’s football Cliff?

Could well be.

The core thrust of the Schrödinger’s cat analogy is that the quantum states are superimposed on each other and until the box is opened the cat is both dead and alive. A state I feel QPR have been in for a while now!
Just over a third . . . on 12:51 - Nov 25 with 1673 viewswelwynranger

Just over a third . . . on 05:25 - Nov 25 by Westy75

It's been pretty sh1t and as a season ticket holder for the past 25 years I'm finding it hard to give much of a f*ck at the moment. There's no great connection between fans and players, few characters in the team and a sense of rudderless drift from top to bottom.

Excellently put. Been feeling the same . Never felt so detached to the club as I have in the last 2 or 3 years.
Just over a third . . . on 13:39 - Nov 25 with 1646 viewsPinnerPaul

Just over a third . . . on 09:48 - Nov 25 by CFW

Sorry am I missing something here?

Modern football fans - what a bloody joke.

I am not a modern football fan and I have supported QPR since 1962 and I do not consider myself a joke although the way the club has been run in recent years that slur could well be made about them.

Please give me three reasons why Ramsey was either not going to fail or be a success. Then also give me reasons why he was not out of his depth - perhaps you might want to start with his previous managerial experience.

I would like to add that I am not anti CR - I think he is a good man and he should never have been put into that position but in y view what the club needs now more than ever is an experienced manager who can get the best out of our players. For me that is Pearson.

Proof of the pudding will be where we finish up in relation to where we were when CR left - currently we are in a worse position - plenty of time for that to change, for better or worse of course!
Just over a third . . . on 15:57 - Nov 25 with 1576 viewswhittocksRs

Feel like a broken record, but Ramsey had us exactly where he had been asked to have us at the start of the season. Regardless of goalposts being shifted and the fact he didn't seem like the greatest in-game manager, the level of anger at him and his level of experience made me no sense. The fans got Ramsey fired as much as Fernandes changing his mind about targets. We'll end up mid-table or lower, which is where I expect Ramsey would have gotten us.
Just over a third . . . on 16:18 - Nov 25 with 1559 viewsadhoc_qpr

Just over a third . . . on 15:57 - Nov 25 by whittocksRs

Feel like a broken record, but Ramsey had us exactly where he had been asked to have us at the start of the season. Regardless of goalposts being shifted and the fact he didn't seem like the greatest in-game manager, the level of anger at him and his level of experience made me no sense. The fans got Ramsey fired as much as Fernandes changing his mind about targets. We'll end up mid-table or lower, which is where I expect Ramsey would have gotten us.

To also sounding like a broken record - Ramsey was failing at consolidation AND promotion!

The mystical 'changing goalposts' is irrelevant.

2 wins in 2 months, a steady slide down the table towards a relegation fight and deteriorating performance levels.

And all this while putting zero foundations in place for the future (loan players, no youth players, players who won't be here next year playing i.e. Henry, no coaching staff).

Unless your idea of 'consolidation' is to just to finish 21st and start from scratch next summer?
Just over a third . . . on 16:24 - Nov 25 with 1553 viewsdanehoop

I have suffered increasing indifference following an initial bout of mild dispepsia. So far I can on balance it's been a somewhat moist first third to the season.

In Chinese I would describe it as "Ma Ma Hu Hu" which translates literally to "horse horse tiger tiger" and metaphorically as so so or a bit average really.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 16:25]

Never knowingly understood

Just over a third . . . on 18:32 - Nov 25 with 1487 viewsderbyhoop

Harsh. How do you know there are zero foundations?

Warren Farm is a bit nearer than it was in July. Planning permission given and the protestors withering.
The facilities at Cranford have been significantly upgraded.
There's a new approach to pre-Academy developments with former R, Matt O'Brien responsible for the coaching.
We've appointed 32 extra scouts for the Youth team
2 of our brightest prospects have had/ are out on loan at the top of L2, gaining valuable experience. Mulraney and Hammelainen as well.
Excluding Doughty, 6 of the U21 squad have played for the first team. Admittedly, most in League Cup, but it's better than nothing.

Of course, it's a long way from perfect but it's a long way from zero.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Just over a third . . . on 09:36 - Nov 26 with 1401 viewsadhoc_qpr

Just over a third . . . on 18:32 - Nov 25 by derbyhoop

Harsh. How do you know there are zero foundations?

Warren Farm is a bit nearer than it was in July. Planning permission given and the protestors withering.
The facilities at Cranford have been significantly upgraded.
There's a new approach to pre-Academy developments with former R, Matt O'Brien responsible for the coaching.
We've appointed 32 extra scouts for the Youth team
2 of our brightest prospects have had/ are out on loan at the top of L2, gaining valuable experience. Mulraney and Hammelainen as well.
Excluding Doughty, 6 of the U21 squad have played for the first team. Admittedly, most in League Cup, but it's better than nothing.

Of course, it's a long way from perfect but it's a long way from zero.

That's all down to Sir Les/Hoos/Board though - none of that was down to Ramsey.

That was my point, if Ramsey had been fired with us 15th or lower in the table having played the likes of Gladwin, Doughty, Furlong, Kpekawa, Yun, Poulter, Petrasso etc - i'd feel bad for him.

And i'm not saying starting every game either, but filling in for injuries and appearing on the bench at least.

But when you have Henry on the wing or Hoillett coming on for the last 10 minutes instead of giving Petrasso a few minutes to show what he's got - how is that helping us consolidate or prepare for the future?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024