Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One 22:58 - Nov 24 with 1654 viewsderbyhoop

Went to Valley Parade to see Bradford v Coventry. Ended 0-0 but a better game than the scoreline would suggest. I'd be gobsmacked if Coventry don't come up at the end of the season. They were marginally the better side, with a lot of pace. But they have got 4 player on loan. I thought the best player on the park was Billy Knott for Bradford. Plays a bit like Faurlin with more energy but not as strong defensively. Well worth a look.

Nice ground. 17, 500 attendance on a cold Tuesday night and it was nowhere near full.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 22:59]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

League One on 07:48 - Nov 25 with 1517 viewsterryb

Derby,

I'm going to Valley Parade on Sunday week to support Chesham in the FA Cup.

Any recomendations on where an away supporter should park & pre match pubs would be appreciated.

Cheers
League One on 10:09 - Nov 25 with 1426 viewsTacticalR

Derby, you say it's a nice ground, but from the photographs it looks a very weird and lopsided.

I only mention it because although none of us like soulless bowls, it seems to me the model of gradual stand by stand development doesn't always work out that well either.

Air hostess clique

League One on 13:35 - Nov 25 with 1337 viewsCamberleyR

I think what makes it worse is that at Valley Parade, you have massive contrasts in that you have one of the stands behind the goal being huge (I think this was re-developed in the couple of years they were in the Premier League) which adjoins one of the side stands which looks good as they're the same size, the other side stand is tidy enough although smaller than the stand it faces and behind the other goal is that stand that was built on the cheap and looks like it's made of Lego probably in order to quickly come up to scratch with the Taylor Report.

There are good examples of grounds where there has been a gradual piecemeal re-development:
Vicarage Road
Carrow Road
Villa Park
The Hawthorns
Ewood Park
Molineux
Meadow Lane

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

League One on 18:21 - Nov 25 with 1238 viewsderbyhoop

League One on 07:48 - Nov 25 by terryb

Derby,

I'm going to Valley Parade on Sunday week to support Chesham in the FA Cup.

Any recomendations on where an away supporter should park & pre match pubs would be appreciated.

Cheers

I'm working near Bingley so came in via the A650 from Shipley and Saltaire. Just before the ground I managed to turn right off the main road and park on street. If you're coming from Bradford City Centre go past the ground on your right and take a left turn just after. I suspect they won't have anything like 17,500 for the FA Cup, so, provided you get there reasonably early, parking shouldn't be a problem. There is a small car park next to the ground but that looked full at 6:30. Didn't go for a drink so can't help on that score.

I was in the main stand, the JCT600 with the 2 tier Kop to my left. The stand opposite looked OK but the away end looked a bit lego like. Where I was had plenty of room and a reasonable set of facilities.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

League One on 22:10 - Nov 25 with 1166 viewsterryb

League One on 18:21 - Nov 25 by derbyhoop

I'm working near Bingley so came in via the A650 from Shipley and Saltaire. Just before the ground I managed to turn right off the main road and park on street. If you're coming from Bradford City Centre go past the ground on your right and take a left turn just after. I suspect they won't have anything like 17,500 for the FA Cup, so, provided you get there reasonably early, parking shouldn't be a problem. There is a small car park next to the ground but that looked full at 6:30. Didn't go for a drink so can't help on that score.

I was in the main stand, the JCT600 with the 2 tier Kop to my left. The stand opposite looked OK but the away end looked a bit lego like. Where I was had plenty of room and a reasonable set of facilities.

Thanks Derby.

Plenty of leg room? I don't understand that concept!

I expect there to be around 500 from Chesham there so a lego structure would hold us all quite nicely!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024