Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? 23:39 - Nov 24 with 6230 viewsDylanP

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 08:38 - Nov 25 with 3822 viewsDiscodroids

christ, its like choosing your favourite member from Coldplay.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 08:41 - Nov 25 with 3821 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I know he is a clown and a disaster rolled into one, but after four years you'd think some could at least spell his name right!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 08:41 - Nov 25 with 3818 viewsLblock

Cant vote... David Bulstrode not on the list!!

A man who actually listened to fans and changed his plans
Plus the way he finally left this mortal coil is the way many would choose!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 08:48 - Nov 25 with 3802 viewsToast_R

No Chris Wright?

You'd have to say Richard Thompson. Yes he was an orthodox tight arse, but he run the books correct and did over see QPR's best Premier League finish as top London Club. Even after the debacle of Francis's departure, he listened to the fans and brought in Ray Wilkins as the replacement which was the peoples choice, and gave him money to spend after the sale of Les. Sadly that's what started the 20 year decline.
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 08:56 - Nov 25 with 3792 viewsjohncharles

David Bulstrode

Strong and stable my arse.

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 08:59 - Nov 25 with 3789 viewsstevec

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 08:48 - Nov 25 by Toast_R

No Chris Wright?

You'd have to say Richard Thompson. Yes he was an orthodox tight arse, but he run the books correct and did over see QPR's best Premier League finish as top London Club. Even after the debacle of Francis's departure, he listened to the fans and brought in Ray Wilkins as the replacement which was the peoples choice, and gave him money to spend after the sale of Les. Sadly that's what started the 20 year decline.

Richard Thompson? He was a total disaster.

As said earlier, possibly Bulstrode, but in the end surely it has to be Bernie Ecclestone.

How the four year plan was carried out was pretty haphazard but nevertheless, after the designated four years, we got back to where I never thought I'd see this club again. We'll never know but I reckon if he'd stayed on this club would be five years into Premier League football instead of the mess we find ourselves in.
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 09:20 - Nov 25 with 3760 viewsToast_R

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 08:59 - Nov 25 by stevec

As said earlier, possibly Bulstrode, but in the end surely it has to be Bernie Ecclestone.

How the four year plan was carried out was pretty haphazard but nevertheless, after the designated four years, we got back to where I never thought I'd see this club again. We'll never know but I reckon if he'd stayed on this club would be five years into Premier League football instead of the mess we find ourselves in.

Explain total disaster.
From what I remember, albeit I was only a young punk at the time, his main criticisms were that he sold key players like Darren Peacock, Andy Sinton, Les and let Clive Wilson go on a free, and wasn't that willing to re-cycle the cash back into the clubs transfer budget.

But from what I remember, he didn't run the club in to debt and he employed some decent managers in Howe and Gerry Francis so the selling wasn't necessarily a disaster. Bearing in mind these were the days before TV was giving millions to clubs for being crap as long as they were in the top flight. Different world back then of course but given the choice following QPR back then was far more enjoyable then it has been since. No coincidence that this is the model our club is now striving to get back to as they'd have you believe. Thompson only real disaster was trying to apease the fans with whom he was unpopular with and getting in Butch Wilkins as manager and letting him loose with the Les money. Foolish.

Ecclestone was the silent partner of the Briatore era, and that was pretty much a draconian period which they stumbled along clumsily until they stepped back and let someone else take the reigns. They then left the club in sh*t creek with few paddles of which we are still seeing the consequences.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 9:40]
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 09:21 - Nov 25 with 3760 viewsvblockranger

Wouldnt trust any of them listed with the responsibility of walking my dog. Bulstrode at a push if he was listed.
Login to get fewer ads

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 09:26 - Nov 25 with 3748 viewsBluce_Ree

Not voting for any of that shit but I liked Chris Wright. His heart was in the right place but he didn't realise that we're cursed to be f**ked for all eternity.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 09:38 - Nov 25 with 3728 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bill Power?
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 09:48 - Nov 25 with 3707 viewsnadera78

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 08:59 - Nov 25 by stevec

Hmm. The infamous 'Four Year Plan' was originally to get QPR into the Champions League. That was the spin, leading to the Gulf Air CEO mentioning it on the pitch at half time - greeted by howls of laughter IIRC. It was only the successive cock ups that befell the club that led to the aim becoming getting QPR into the Premier League.

Interesting that Bill Power was left off the list. Didn't have much money to put in (compared to others, I mean) but he tried to stabilise the club and was undoubtedly the most approachable, fan-oriented Chairman we've ever had.

As for Bulstrode, I guess it's a case of "if only..."
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 09:56 - Nov 25 with 3702 viewsCamberleyR

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 08:38 - Nov 25 by Discodroids

christ, its like choosing your favourite member from Coldplay.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 10:37 - Nov 25 with 3660 viewsblacky200

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 09:26 - Nov 25 by Bluce_Ree

Not voting for any of that shit but I liked Chris Wright. His heart was in the right place but he didn't realise that we're cursed to be f**ked for all eternity.

I seem to remember it a bit differently. Yes he was a supporter but didn't he also oversea the time we were handing out ridiculous contracts to youngsters who hadn't even made the reserve teams which were for more money than first tem players at other clubs?
He was a disaster.
Bulstrode wasn't really around long enough but had the potential. Of those listed I would have to go with TF. OK he has had his pants pulled down on numerous occasions but they have taken it on the chin and wiped out the debt they created and hopefully now will have learnt that footballs not all about throwing money at the manager/team.
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 10:39 - Nov 25 with 3657 viewsNorthernr

Next week's poll, choose your favourite sexually transmitted infection...
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:12 - Nov 25 with 3619 viewspaulparker

How can anyone vote Richard Thompson ???? we could have been title contenders if it wasn't for him, I still find myself ranting about this 22/23 years on

go back to 92, we had one of the best teams , playing some of the best football in the league , we also had the best young English coach/manager and still had a pretty decent youth set up
we were a Kenny Cunningham, Ian Bishop , Stan Collymoore signing away from I think running man utd close to the league , Gerry was forced to buy devon white (bless him)
and play Maurice doyle when things got tough
then we asset stripped and when we did that we still managed to get in a Sinclair for peanuts thanks to Gerry , who by this point would have been crest fallen at losing our best players , Thompson then wanted a yes man in and forced Gerry out and in the process make a legend in Rodney look a mug ,
we should have kicked on but didn't because he wanted the money,
also he stitched up poor Don Howe a couple of seasons before who again did a great job and again was 3 signings short of winning a cup or challenging

its says a lot that people think Bulstrode is our best chairman when he was only in charge for about a month before he curled his toes up on some tart

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:31 - Nov 25 with 3592 viewsToast_R

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:12 - Nov 25 by paulparker

How can anyone vote Richard Thompson ???? we could have been title contenders if it wasn't for him, I still find myself ranting about this 22/23 years on

go back to 92, we had one of the best teams , playing some of the best football in the league , we also had the best young English coach/manager and still had a pretty decent youth set up
we were a Kenny Cunningham, Ian Bishop , Stan Collymoore signing away from I think running man utd close to the league , Gerry was forced to buy devon white (bless him)
and play Maurice doyle when things got tough
then we asset stripped and when we did that we still managed to get in a Sinclair for peanuts thanks to Gerry , who by this point would have been crest fallen at losing our best players , Thompson then wanted a yes man in and forced Gerry out and in the process make a legend in Rodney look a mug ,
we should have kicked on but didn't because he wanted the money,
also he stitched up poor Don Howe a couple of seasons before who again did a great job and again was 3 signings short of winning a cup or challenging

its says a lot that people think Bulstrode is our best chairman when he was only in charge for about a month before he curled his toes up on some tart

Agree totally, but the choice was him or the others. The others are worse IMO.

We were never going to run Man Utd close with Roberts between the sticks!
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:32 - Nov 25 with 3591 viewsClive_Anderson

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 09:26 - Nov 25 by Bluce_Ree

Chris Wright?

The bloke who refused the School End land and tried to move us out to fcking Heathrow? That Chris Wright?

Bloke has hamstrung us more than any of the stupid things Paladini or Fernandes have ever done. We now have to rely on a massively rich bloke building us a new stadium miles away rather than cheaply redevelop Loftus Road up to around 25k seats.
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:33 - Nov 25 with 3585 viewsBrianMcCarthy

353 views overall
15 votes overall

That sums it up.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:55 - Nov 25 with 3546 viewspaulparker

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:31 - Nov 25 by Toast_R

Agree totally, but the choice was him or the others. The others are worse IMO.

We were never going to run Man Utd close with Roberts between the sticks!

We had Big Jan mostly in that 92 team, its only really 93 that Roberts started getting more games
just IMHO Toast , but I do think that team with 3 signings added to it would have pushed utd and Villa ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:58 - Nov 25 with 3542 viewsClive_Anderson

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:55 - Nov 25 by paulparker

We had Big Jan mostly in that 92 team, its only really 93 that Roberts started getting more games
just IMHO Toast , but I do think that team with 3 signings added to it would have pushed utd and Villa ,

Bulstrode used to splash the cash a fair bit I seem to remember, a million for Wegerle and £800k for Colin Clarke amongst others. If he hadn't died suddenly I think history would have been very different for us.
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 12:01 - Nov 25 with 3538 viewsNorthernr

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:55 - Nov 25 by paulparker

Maybe not United but considering Norwich and Villa were both in the top three back then there's no reason we couldn't have been also - basically swapping Roberts for Kasey Keller might have been enough, that clown used to cost us three or four victories a season. Alex rae at Millwall was always on the list as well back then and would have been a better version of Holloway. Clive Mendonca from Grimsby to play next to Les would have been quite something.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 12:02 - Nov 25 with 3533 viewsDiscodroids

Paul Williams, Derby centre back/Holding Midfielder
Ian Bishop Creative midfielder
Alex rae Millwall box to box goalscoring midfielder

the Bermuda triangle of players Gerry wanted, To get us to go one better than 1975/76.

That season will stay with me for ever. Magic. only missed 4 games the entire season.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 12:02]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 12:08 - Nov 25 with 3515 viewspaulparker

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:58 - Nov 25 by Clive_Anderson

Bulstrode used to splash the cash a fair bit I seem to remember, a million for Wegerle and £800k for Colin Clarke amongst others. If he hadn't died suddenly I think history would have been very different for us.

that was Thompson Clive ,

he gave Trevor Francis the money for Reid, Gray(gutted when we sold him ) Spackman and Clarke , we were in relegation trouble at the time, the irony is 3 of those players were sold about 4 months after we bought them

as for Wegerle , Don Howe got him in the 90 season for a million , that's after we sold Gray, Spackman, Martin Allen, Paul Wright , that million was supposed to be spent on paul Williams and john Humphrey in that summer but Charlton pulled out at the last minute,

Bulstrode was after Gregory and the Merger , but my memory only reckons he was about for a couple of months before he died the best way possible

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 12:13 - Nov 25 with 3504 viewsjohncharles

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 11:33 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

353 views overall
15 votes overall

That sums it up.

15 votes and Tony's got 50% (7 1/2 votes) is Paladini doing the counting ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 12:46 - Nov 25 with 3468 viewsClive_Anderson

Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years? on 12:08 - Nov 25 by paulparker

that was Thompson Clive ,

he gave Trevor Francis the money for Reid, Gray(gutted when we sold him ) Spackman and Clarke , we were in relegation trouble at the time, the irony is 3 of those players were sold about 4 months after we bought them

as for Wegerle , Don Howe got him in the 90 season for a million , that's after we sold Gray, Spackman, Martin Allen, Paul Wright , that million was supposed to be spent on paul Williams and john Humphrey in that summer but Charlton pulled out at the last minute,

Bulstrode was after Gregory and the Merger , but my memory only reckons he was about for a couple of months before he died the best way possible

Oh really? Bloody hell my memory is playing up.

Surprised Thompson shelled out a million quid for anyone looking back, but we ended up getting a million for Wegerle from Blackburn in the end I guess.

Never understood why we sold Gray five minutes after buying him. Those goals against Man Utd were unbelievable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024