Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tax credits cave in 16:58 - Nov 25 with 7353 viewsjohncharles

Having been beaten to a pulp by public opinion, the press and the House of Lords, Osborn has dropped the Tax credits cuts. Like it was his idea the greasy toad.
Slippery as a bar of soap in a jar of olive oil.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 16:59]

Strong and stable my arse.

Tax credits cave in on 00:15 - Nov 26 with 1295 viewsTheBlob

Tax credits cave in on 00:10 - Nov 26 by isawqpratwcity

Come on, Blob, 40,000 tonnes is a quarter of all the gold ever mined.

Fair do's on the ports, though. They just bought Darwin, which has got everybody upset, including Obama.

That's right.They've sucked it in from everywhere.
The yanks have an economy based on paper but they do like to steal a bit of spare bullion if they can.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tax credits cave in on 00:24 - Nov 26 with 1288 viewsTheBlob

Tax credits cave in on 00:15 - Nov 26 by PunteR

Gold?.. its all about the Coltan isnt it?

There's a lot of iron in Oz.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tax credits cave in on 00:46 - Nov 26 with 1274 viewsBrightonhoop

Tax credits cave in on 00:24 - Nov 26 by TheBlob

There's a lot of iron in Oz.

Chinaman will invade Oz first for that resource security.
Tax credits cave in on 03:56 - Nov 26 with 1232 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tax credits cave in on 00:46 - Nov 26 by Brightonhoop

Chinaman will invade Oz first for that resource security.

I wish the products of our giant holes-in-the-ground were that much in demand.

The collapse of the world steel industry and the larger Australian miners trying to cut the throats of the smaller Australian miners (ah, Capitalism!) has kyboshed the price of iron ore and coal. China has thus stockpiled years worth, which will have us here sleeping safely in our beds, although we may have to skip supper.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tax credits cave in on 06:27 - Nov 26 with 1201 viewsFDC

Edit: oops wrong thread
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 7:00]
Tax credits cave in on 06:46 - Nov 26 with 1156 viewsQPR_John

Tax credits cave in on 22:13 - Nov 25 by Stanisgod

Sure sign of someone losing a debate. Pathetic.

I do not stoop to personal insults and believe me my spelling could be a lot better but when the need arises I am not averse to replying like for like. If you think that the "if you don't understand then I am not explaining it" line works then fine but for me it just suggests you really cannot explain. I can live with that but not with being called a mug. You lost the argument then, I just carried on along the line you had mapped out.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 6:47]
Tax credits cave in on 08:27 - Nov 26 with 1119 viewsDiscodroids

Jezz has had somewhere in the region 30 years to refine his message to the great British public , IMHO, The message is Hanna barbara economics, being chums with the unpleasant regimes and organisations in the known cosmos , support for practically unlimited immigration, no defence capability, coupled with absolutely no leadership skills whatsoever and a bunch of supporters who think anyone who doesn't agree with them is Toryscum/Blairitescum or far right scum....a'la the' momentum' group that has infiltrated the labour party

the term 'far right' has been hijacked by these scruff order entities and now basically means anyone who questions the sound economic principles of mass immigration to areas with overwhelmed infastructure.

The hermatically sealed echo chamber of the left has a finite number and mcdonell waving his chinese death squad takeaway in the house of commons will not win them votes outside of that Echo chamber.

That is the narrative. Its coherent to some , Unsurprisingly, its about as popular as a parcel of burning shit thru the letterbox of the country as whole , not the inhabitants that use facebook, twitter and fucblog, but the silent blue rinse assasins at the ballot box.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 8:40]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tax credits cave in on 08:43 - Nov 26 with 1104 viewsMrSheen

Tax credits cave in on 08:27 - Nov 26 by Discodroids

Jezz has had somewhere in the region 30 years to refine his message to the great British public , IMHO, The message is Hanna barbara economics, being chums with the unpleasant regimes and organisations in the known cosmos , support for practically unlimited immigration, no defence capability, coupled with absolutely no leadership skills whatsoever and a bunch of supporters who think anyone who doesn't agree with them is Toryscum/Blairitescum or far right scum....a'la the' momentum' group that has infiltrated the labour party

the term 'far right' has been hijacked by these scruff order entities and now basically means anyone who questions the sound economic principles of mass immigration to areas with overwhelmed infastructure.

The hermatically sealed echo chamber of the left has a finite number and mcdonell waving his chinese death squad takeaway in the house of commons will not win them votes outside of that Echo chamber.

That is the narrative. Its coherent to some , Unsurprisingly, its about as popular as a parcel of burning shit thru the letterbox of the country as whole , not the inhabitants that use facebook, twitter and fucblog, but the silent blue rinse assasins at the ballot box.

Hey DD, have you been playing away? Someone has been throwing fireworks under your old nom de guerre. Some horrible posters on that site.
Login to get fewer ads

Tax credits cave in on 08:52 - Nov 26 with 1098 viewsFDC

Tax credits cave in on 08:27 - Nov 26 by Discodroids

Tell you what mate, you don't half chat some balls when you're ranting.

being chums with the unpleasant regimes and organisations in the known cosmos
I assume all the unpleasant regimes and organisations in the known cosmos is Hamas? This is tabloid sensationalism isn't it. In the real world I wouldn't imagine during the Good Friday Peace talks everyone was greeting each other as C*nt, because that's not how negotiating works is it

support for practically unlimited immigration

Really? Must have missed that - got a link? Or is this hyperbole?

no defence capability

Really? Must have missed that too

a bunch of supporters who think anyone who doesn't agree with them is Toryscum/Blairitescum or far right scum....a'la the' momentum' group that has infiltrated the labour party

This is just ad hominem vitriol, and to say Momentum have "infiltrated" the party is hyperbole - they're party members who have formed a campaign group, just like party members of across the spectrum of all parties do - it's hardly Trotskyist entry-ism.
Tax credits cave in on 08:55 - Nov 26 with 1094 viewsDiscodroids

Tax credits cave in on 08:52 - Nov 26 by FDC

Tell you what mate, you don't half chat some balls when you're ranting.

being chums with the unpleasant regimes and organisations in the known cosmos
I assume all the unpleasant regimes and organisations in the known cosmos is Hamas? This is tabloid sensationalism isn't it. In the real world I wouldn't imagine during the Good Friday Peace talks everyone was greeting each other as C*nt, because that's not how negotiating works is it

support for practically unlimited immigration

Really? Must have missed that - got a link? Or is this hyperbole?

no defence capability

Really? Must have missed that too

a bunch of supporters who think anyone who doesn't agree with them is Toryscum/Blairitescum or far right scum....a'la the' momentum' group that has infiltrated the labour party

This is just ad hominem vitriol, and to say Momentum have "infiltrated" the party is hyperbole - they're party members who have formed a campaign group, just like party members of across the spectrum of all parties do - it's hardly Trotskyist entry-ism.

whats the view like of england from a different time zone?

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tax credits cave in on 08:58 - Nov 26 with 1084 viewsFDC

Tax credits cave in on 08:55 - Nov 26 by Discodroids

whats the view like of england from a different time zone?

Bleak
Tax credits cave in on 09:09 - Nov 26 with 1066 viewsDiscodroids

Tax credits cave in on 08:43 - Nov 26 by MrSheen

Hey DD, have you been playing away? Someone has been throwing fireworks under your old nom de guerre. Some horrible posters on that site.

The tentacles of many headed hydra run deep Mr Sheen.

Im very much a free spirit , not for me the limitations and harsh parameters of one nom de plume , I simply couldnt operate that way, im not the 2nd from the left mini moog player from Kraftwerk , that requires conformist mechanical structure and of course talent.

I prefer my remedial jackson pollock method. share the love/hate/indifference with a haughty flourish across many different portals..Which would account for the volume of my postings on this website falling off a cliff over the past 3/4 weeks so as not to upset to many sensitive people that live in The killing fields of Hertfordshire or Surrey .

The time has come and indeed passed , to take the show, such as it is, on the road.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 9:19]

Tax credits cave in on 09:44 - Nov 26 with 1031 viewsessextaxiboy

Tax credits cave in on 23:06 - Nov 25 by 1BobbyHazell

I'm 95% sure you did but f**k knows how to find it on here. If you say you don't think he's one then fair do's.

As for the 'economic assessment'. You have stated, prior to this thread as well, that his economic ideas/policies are not credible. That's a very confident/arrogant statement to make, putting yourself in the role 'expert assessor'. My question was really just asking you to explain how you came to such a conclusion. I'm guessing that word has appeared more than just a few times in your Information and Viewpoint Provider of choice.

Like I said, it's one of those words people use as though they have reviewed a situation thoroughly and come to some sort of almost empirical conclusion after a meticulous working over of the facts and possibilities. When the truth is, it is normally just an empty word they are parroting in order to denigrate and discredit someone without having applied any genuine critical thinking. Your daily read is an expert in such empty, drastically simplistic pronouncements.

Anyway, I'm looking to end on a positive so I'd like to pass on my admiration for your Rangers posts and general outlook on here in the recent difficult months.

I found it last night

I did refer to "that lunatics agenda" in a thread that you started about BBC bias.. Well remembered

I didnt mean it in the context of mental health , I hope you didnt take it that way.

I should also confess to buying the Sun once or twice a week for the football coverage , its non existant in the I paper .

Thanks for your kind words

ETB
Tax credits cave in on 10:57 - Nov 26 with 995 viewspaulparker

which ever way we look at it the country is fcuked either by tory or Labour , both parties couldn't give a rats about the working classes

I feel sorry for those who rely on tax credits like Rangersw12, we get it but it hardly covers a drink in the pub at weekends , me and my Mrs have well paid jobs but we just scrape by and that's on 1 child and owning 2 houses,
the cost of living is stupid how any 1st time buyers can afford a place now is a mystery to me , I feel sorry for those in there 30's who are renting what chance them
its only going to get worse , mass population in this country is making house prices rocket just what these politicians want

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tax credits cave in on 11:23 - Nov 26 with 960 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tax credits cave in on 10:57 - Nov 26 by paulparker

which ever way we look at it the country is fcuked either by tory or Labour , both parties couldn't give a rats about the working classes

I feel sorry for those who rely on tax credits like Rangersw12, we get it but it hardly covers a drink in the pub at weekends , me and my Mrs have well paid jobs but we just scrape by and that's on 1 child and owning 2 houses,
the cost of living is stupid how any 1st time buyers can afford a place now is a mystery to me , I feel sorry for those in there 30's who are renting what chance them
its only going to get worse , mass population in this country is making house prices rocket just what these politicians want

No government will make lowering house prices a policy as it would be incredibly unpopular as many of us are relying on our houses to make money for our kids or retirement.

Property owners need to treat houses as homes not commodities .

I don't want to get all citizen Smith, but the amount of habitable properties one individual can own should be limited to one in my opinion.

I let out my little studio flat in Shepherds Bush when I moved in with my partner, and it's ridiculous the rent is fetches. I'd vote for any party that limited dwelling ownership to one per person though.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 11:33]
Tax credits cave in on 11:39 - Nov 26 with 938 viewspaulparker

Tax credits cave in on 11:23 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

No government will make lowering house prices a policy as it would be incredibly unpopular as many of us are relying on our houses to make money for our kids or retirement.

I don't want to get all citizen Smith, but the amount of habitable properties one individual can own should be limited to one in my opinion.

I let out my little studio flat in Shepherds Bush when I moved in with my partner, and it's ridiculous the rent is fetches. I'd vote for any party that limited dwelling ownership to one per person though.

Prices now are stupid though Baz and due to mass population its only going to get worse, people are desperate for homes and will pay anything, even getting themselves in debt ,
problem you have now is that Houses are pensions for some people, certainly me , its security for when I get old and frail as I know the government wont give a t0ss about me
out of the 2 we own we only earn around £200 extra on the rent , they are Mortgaged up and still have another 20 years to run, not all landlords are creaming it
I wouldn't want to be taxed anymore than we already are and nor should you just because you have a flat in the bush , you worked hard to get that

god knows what the solution to all this is , I just think us poor saps ie the working classes have been shafted and there aint no coming back

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tax credits cave in on 11:45 - Nov 26 with 927 viewsClive_Anderson

Tax credits cave in on 11:23 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

The land footprint for houses in the UK is around 3%. They could up it to 3.5% and they'd be enough cheap housing for everyone, but then the people who own property won't get their unearned money then (including loads of MPs with by to let properties).
Tax credits cave in on 11:52 - Nov 26 with 918 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tax credits cave in on 11:39 - Nov 26 by paulparker

Prices now are stupid though Baz and due to mass population its only going to get worse, people are desperate for homes and will pay anything, even getting themselves in debt ,
problem you have now is that Houses are pensions for some people, certainly me , its security for when I get old and frail as I know the government wont give a t0ss about me
out of the 2 we own we only earn around £200 extra on the rent , they are Mortgaged up and still have another 20 years to run, not all landlords are creaming it
I wouldn't want to be taxed anymore than we already are and nor should you just because you have a flat in the bush , you worked hard to get that

god knows what the solution to all this is , I just think us poor saps ie the working classes have been shafted and there aint no coming back

I agree they can't punish all landlords. I hear somewhere that 1/5 actually make a loss.

Yeah it's proper mess. Wages need to go up, or prices go down.
Tax credits cave in on 12:27 - Nov 26 with 892 viewsrobith

Tax credits cave in on 20:45 - Nov 25 by Discodroids

the likes of me would like to take a further pivotal role in this debate, but ive got the end of' Predator' to watch and Arnies clicking up a few gears , stomping the rasta aliens head all over the jungle.

Dont know what essex taxi is up to, probably watching 'only fools and horses' and del falling through the bar hatch.

were like that, the likes of us. the likes of me and essex.

Once again news outlets smear Corbyn and McDonnell by using film of them saying things and showing it on the news.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 20:48]

Predator is a proper classic, I think we can all agree on that

Stick around
Tax credits cave in on 12:33 - Nov 26 with 881 viewsDiscodroids

Tax credits cave in on 12:27 - Nov 26 by robith

Predator is a proper classic, I think we can all agree on that

Stick around

no matter how we try , we just cant help but get along lately can we.

i like it.

Tax credits cave in on 12:46 - Nov 26 with 867 viewsrobith

Tax credits cave in on 12:33 - Nov 26 by Discodroids

no matter how we try , we just cant help but get along lately can we.

i like it.

I like it too.

I used to get all het up, but I disliked the person that made me. We have different opinions, let's shoot the proverbial. No one ever changed their mind in an argument, but they did in a discussion

Also as an aside - on how many football forums can you say there's a been a broadly civil discussion of macro economic principle? Love this place
Tax credits cave in on 13:30 - Nov 26 with 829 viewsStanisgod

Tax credits cave in on 06:46 - Nov 26 by QPR_John

I do not stoop to personal insults and believe me my spelling could be a lot better but when the need arises I am not averse to replying like for like. If you think that the "if you don't understand then I am not explaining it" line works then fine but for me it just suggests you really cannot explain. I can live with that but not with being called a mug. You lost the argument then, I just carried on along the line you had mapped out.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 6:47]

Apologies, but that bloke really winds me up ! The whole point is, IMHO, you must agree that if it wasn't for the media pressure, public opinion and the Lords vote he WOULD have gone ahead, therefore he didn't do it of his own accord, and was forced into it by the above, explanation sorted.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Tax credits cave in on 15:26 - Nov 26 with 778 viewsQPR_John

Tax credits cave in on 13:30 - Nov 26 by Stanisgod

Apologies, but that bloke really winds me up ! The whole point is, IMHO, you must agree that if it wasn't for the media pressure, public opinion and the Lords vote he WOULD have gone ahead, therefore he didn't do it of his own accord, and was forced into it by the above, explanation sorted.

Thanks for coming back. But you know as well as me "listened to the people" is just politicians talk for being forced to change. In that respect Osborne is no different from all the others
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 15:28]
Tax credits cave in on 21:48 - Nov 26 with 730 viewsbaz_qpr

Osborne is a bit of a cretin and a dangerous one at that because he thinks he's some political genius. Its not rocket science to understand that if you cut at the bottom you withdraw money out of the supply of the economy. If you really want to reduce the deficit you allow money at the bottom to flow as it was because every single penny of it gets spent and recycled within the economy, you need to push income from stagnant capital sources back into the economy either by encouraging investment or by taxing it and certainly not create a situation where money supply is sucked out and hoarded by large corporate enterties or inflated property prices.

Osborne's growth is a sham just like Browns its fuelled by banking, a top end property boom, wage suppression and inflation being held down by the low oil price.
Tax credits cave in on 22:06 - Nov 26 with 719 viewsHollowayRanger

what s the point of building a few new houses when they allow 600,000 to come here in the last 12 months

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34931725

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024