Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tax credits cave in 16:58 - Nov 25 with 7357 viewsjohncharles

Having been beaten to a pulp by public opinion, the press and the House of Lords, Osborn has dropped the Tax credits cuts. Like it was his idea the greasy toad.
Slippery as a bar of soap in a jar of olive oil.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 16:59]

Strong and stable my arse.

Tax credits cave in on 17:08 - Nov 25 with 2842 viewsessextaxiboy

I think he played a blinder. Labour completley wrong footed , their response has been a joke , in fact its not really funny . Our system needs a proper opposition . Listening to other opinions and changing your mind is a strength not a weakness , especially when your succesful policys give you the cash to do it .. Georgy for PM !
Tax credits cave in on 17:12 - Nov 25 with 2824 viewsDiscodroids

Estimates suggest Chairman Mao's "Great Leap Forward" killed 45 million people. Not really the bloke to quote is he?
MaoDonnell has obviously never had to give such an important speech in his life so he googled the interweb for tips.

And some website said 'Throw in a quote, it'll make you sound well-read and clever.'

And this, being McDonnell, didn't realise that they generally mean a quote from Shakespeare or Voltaire or Churchill. Naaaah. He figured any old quote from any old book he had lying around the place would do.

We could have ended up with a lasagna recipe.

[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 17:25]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tax credits cave in on 17:16 - Nov 25 with 2803 viewsbaz_qpr

Tax credits cave in on 17:08 - Nov 25 by essextaxiboy

I think he played a blinder. Labour completley wrong footed , their response has been a joke , in fact its not really funny . Our system needs a proper opposition . Listening to other opinions and changing your mind is a strength not a weakness , especially when your succesful policys give you the cash to do it .. Georgy for PM !

They (Labour) campaigned against Tax Credit cuts and Police cuts both have now been U-turned. they might have zero chance of creating a government but they have certainly been effective in their opposition
Tax credits cave in on 17:23 - Nov 25 with 2771 viewsessextaxiboy

I think he has showed over the last few years that he doesnt give flying fck for what they say and why would he when it comes to our money . The media is the opposition at the moment and it was them that got to him . The Lords just followed ...IMO
Tax credits cave in on 17:26 - Nov 25 with 2764 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tax credits cave in on 17:16 - Nov 25 by baz_qpr

They (Labour) campaigned against Tax Credit cuts and Police cuts both have now been U-turned. they might have zero chance of creating a government but they have certainly been effective in their opposition

exactly this.

Bare bones.

Tax credits cave in on 17:33 - Nov 25 with 2737 viewsCliff

Tax credits cave in on 17:12 - Nov 25 by Discodroids

Estimates suggest Chairman Mao's "Great Leap Forward" killed 45 million people. Not really the bloke to quote is he?
MaoDonnell has obviously never had to give such an important speech in his life so he googled the interweb for tips.

And some website said 'Throw in a quote, it'll make you sound well-read and clever.'

And this, being McDonnell, didn't realise that they generally mean a quote from Shakespeare or Voltaire or Churchill. Naaaah. He figured any old quote from any old book he had lying around the place would do.

We could have ended up with a lasagna recipe.

[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 17:25]

I think you have completely missed the point.

He didn't quote Mao as a good thing, he was taking the piss about the Tory government selling off our assets to the Chinese to balance the books.

In his speech he said:

""To assist Comrade Osborne about dealing with his new-found comrades, I have brought him along Mao's Little Red Book."
Tax credits cave in on 17:36 - Nov 25 with 2727 viewsstevec

Tell the public you're going to give them some bad news, then reveal the good news, nothings actually changed but the public are happy. Clever PR.

It's a bit like being told the club you support is going to 'consolidate' and then jump about kissing the inept managers a rse with joy when you end up languishing in the bottom half of the table.
Tax credits cave in on 17:39 - Nov 25 with 2704 viewsizlingtonhoop

Ffs!

Opposing vociferously has led to the over-privileged-one U-turning. What is not proper opposition about that?
Login to get fewer ads

Tax credits cave in on 17:39 - Nov 25 with 2716 viewsessextaxiboy

They are not an opposition , just a cranky protest group . They are in open mutiny , without any credible policies . They didnt even try as hard as you are to claim a win over the tax credits . Instead they quoted a dictator who killed millions .I hope
Osborne picked that book up , Labour will see it again hopefully every budget day . And the laugh is that they have only two credible leaders , Jarvis and Milliband D and neither want to trash their career and take it on ..
Tax credits cave in on 17:40 - Nov 25 with 2710 viewsBrightonhoop

You're joking, yes? Great to see a future PM buckling under lightweight oppo. The blokes a plum with less backbone than Cameron.
Tax credits cave in on 17:40 - Nov 25 with 2705 viewsessextaxiboy

Tax credits cave in on 17:39 - Nov 25 by izlingtonhoop

Ffs!

Opposing vociferously has led to the over-privileged-one U-turning. What is not proper opposition about that?

They didnt do it ...
Tax credits cave in on 17:41 - Nov 25 with 2704 viewsStanisgod

Tax credits cave in on 17:26 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

exactly this.

The good for nothing pompous up his ar@eprick will probably tax wheelchairs,walking sticks and prosthetic limbs to get the money instead.
I want to smash the telly in every time his mug comes on, more of a male Thatcher (spit) than Cameron. Wasn't it Osbourne who shut all the kids and disabled clubs in H& F before he was famous ?
Delude yourself with this "it shows he's not above changing his mind " crap, he was forced into it, HE DIDNT DO IT OF HIS OWN ACCORD, now he's trying to make it that he's listened to people, fortunately were not all mug enough to fall for it.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Tax credits cave in on 17:42 - Nov 25 with 2700 viewsrobith

What about if you categorically promised on television to not do something then try to do it anyway? That doesn't look particularly wise
Tax credits cave in on 17:45 - Nov 25 with 2673 viewsizlingtonhoop

Tax credits cave in on 17:40 - Nov 25 by essextaxiboy

They didnt do it ...

We could turn this into Jack and the Beanstalk; it's almost that time of year.
Tax credits cave in on 17:46 - Nov 25 with 2682 viewsessextaxiboy

Tax credits cave in on 17:40 - Nov 25 by Brightonhoop

You're joking, yes? Great to see a future PM buckling under lightweight oppo. The blokes a plum with less backbone than Cameron.

The Lords are not lightweight opposition . The SNP did more than Labour . Tory back benchers did more than Labour .. Osborne plays the political game cleverly I M O
Tax credits cave in on 17:47 - Nov 25 with 2681 viewsQPR_John

Tax credits cave in on 17:41 - Nov 25 by Stanisgod

The good for nothing pompous up his ar@eprick will probably tax wheelchairs,walking sticks and prosthetic limbs to get the money instead.
I want to smash the telly in every time his mug comes on, more of a male Thatcher (spit) than Cameron. Wasn't it Osbourne who shut all the kids and disabled clubs in H& F before he was famous ?
Delude yourself with this "it shows he's not above changing his mind " crap, he was forced into it, HE DIDNT DO IT OF HIS OWN ACCORD, now he's trying to make it that he's listened to people, fortunately were not all mug enough to fall for it.

"he was forced into it, HE DIDNT DO IT OF HIS OWN ACCORD, now he's trying to make it that he's listened to people, fortunately were not all mug enough to fall for it. "

If he did not do it of his own accord and he did not listen to other people how did it happen and who forced him into it.
Tax credits cave in on 17:48 - Nov 25 with 2677 viewsrobith

Tax credits cave in on 17:39 - Nov 25 by essextaxiboy

They are not an opposition , just a cranky protest group . They are in open mutiny , without any credible policies . They didnt even try as hard as you are to claim a win over the tax credits . Instead they quoted a dictator who killed millions .I hope
Osborne picked that book up , Labour will see it again hopefully every budget day . And the laugh is that they have only two credible leaders , Jarvis and Milliband D and neither want to trash their career and take it on ..

No credible policies? Their economic strategy has been devised with the assistance of Joesph Stiglitz and Thomas Piketty....just a wee bit credible.
Tax credits cave in on 17:52 - Nov 25 with 2649 viewsDiscodroids

Tax credits cave in on 17:33 - Nov 25 by Cliff

I think you have completely missed the point.

He didn't quote Mao as a good thing, he was taking the piss about the Tory government selling off our assets to the Chinese to balance the books.

In his speech he said:

""To assist Comrade Osborne about dealing with his new-found comrades, I have brought him along Mao's Little Red Book."

I dont think I have cliff, if I am missing the point, then im in Exalted intellectual Company , Along with thousands of others who didnt see it that way either. We shall have to agree to disagree on this .

I dont really think he was being ironic was he?

McDonnell couldn't have got anymore surreal if he'd wandered in on a stilt legged elephant. At one point I thought he was pissed.

in addition i think he must have been embarrassed about it , in the last few minutes he has wiped the MAO qoute from the official video of his speech..literally rewriting history.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 17:54]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tax credits cave in on 17:53 - Nov 25 with 2652 viewsClive_Anderson

Tax credits are completely unaffordable, paying someone to sit at home "writing a book" for 16 hours a week FFS. Osborne should not have given in so easily despite all the ludicrous bleating.

Suddenly the left are trying to claim blocking the government with their unelected Lords every week is democracy in action. The Lib Dems have even started introducing new aspects to bills in the Lords against all convention the hypocritical c@nts.
Tax credits cave in on 17:54 - Nov 25 with 2649 viewsrobith

Tax credits cave in on 17:40 - Nov 25 by Brightonhoop

He's also doubled the national debt, spending more in 6 years than Labour managed in 13, and has missed every deficit reduction target he's set, to the point that even those left wing radicals at the IMF and The Economist savagely criticised his last budget for being too austere
Tax credits cave in on 17:56 - Nov 25 with 2632 viewsBrightonhoop

Tax credits cave in on 17:46 - Nov 25 by essextaxiboy

The Lords are not lightweight opposition . The SNP did more than Labour . Tory back benchers did more than Labour .. Osborne plays the political game cleverly I M O

So, the sign of a decent potential UK Leader is one that misrepresents to the Public with an unequivicol committment to not change Tax Credits to harvest votes, then having been re-elected does exactly that, only to cave in anyway? Jesus wept. The blokes a weapon, he couldn't run a bath let alone an economy.
Tax credits cave in on 17:56 - Nov 25 with 2631 viewsrobith

Tax credits cave in on 17:53 - Nov 25 by Clive_Anderson

Tax credits are completely unaffordable, paying someone to sit at home "writing a book" for 16 hours a week FFS. Osborne should not have given in so easily despite all the ludicrous bleating.

Suddenly the left are trying to claim blocking the government with their unelected Lords every week is democracy in action. The Lib Dems have even started introducing new aspects to bills in the Lords against all convention the hypocritical c@nts.

Tax credits only exist because our wage levels aren't actually enough to live on. I'd quite happily hand the burden over to the private sector, but we don't want to upset them and eat into their tax free profits too much
Tax credits cave in on 17:59 - Nov 25 with 2618 viewsessextaxiboy

Tax credits cave in on 17:48 - Nov 25 by robith

No credible policies? Their economic strategy has been devised with the assistance of Joesph Stiglitz and Thomas Piketty....just a wee bit credible.

Policies for the real world , that the electorate that has a vote can understand and get behind and vote for .Not idealistic musings that remain just that .
Tax credits cave in on 18:03 - Nov 25 with 2612 viewsMrSheen

Tax credits cave in on 17:48 - Nov 25 by robith

Is being, not has been. Bit early to praise a policy that hasn't been finished yet. Piketty is an economic historian, not sure he's ever been involved in policy-making before.
Tax credits cave in on 18:06 - Nov 25 with 2601 viewsBrightonhoop

Tax credits cave in on 17:59 - Nov 25 by essextaxiboy

Policies for the real world , that the electorate that has a vote can understand and get behind and vote for .Not idealistic musings that remain just that .

A policy such as seeing that no ex-Services sleep rough this Christmas for example? How about he steps up to building housing solely for ex-Soldiers that are sleeping rough tonight as a consequence of this disastrous government that cant even look after their own. Oh hang on, we've got to put some sheckles aside to bomb Syria, seeing how bombing Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya went so well.....
Am genuinely glad to be out of the UK, and suspect Churchill and Thatcher are turning in their graves looking at what the Tory Party has become under these current cretins. Not one pair of balls on the front bench and that's a fact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024