Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) 19:19 - Nov 25 with 4701 viewsYorkRanger

In the interests of balance and at Ted's request.

Mine will follow....
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 20:02 - Nov 25 with 3427 viewsDWQPR

It had to be 2nd January 2013 in SW6. 3,000 Rangers supporters singing all evening against a silent scum support who had just turned up to watch us get thrashed, the 'Ashley Cole, you're John Terry's bitch' song that was sung for about 20 minutes, and seeing him disappear back to the bench as quickly as he got up to warm up, the goal and the celebrations at the end plus the walk back down Kings Road singing our hearts out in the face of their support. In the words of Richard Hanmond I was a bad winner that night.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 20:30 - Nov 25 with 3380 viewsloftus77

New Years Day 1992. End of.

How likely is this ever to happen again?
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 20:50 - Nov 25 with 3348 viewssuperstan

Sheffield Wednesday to get promotion.
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 20:51 - Nov 25 with 3344 viewsderbyhoop

The 4-1 at Old Trafford is unlikely to be repeated but I wasn't there.

So, for me, Hillsborough, Hillsborough and Hillsborough.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 21:03 - Nov 25 with 3310 viewsjohncharles

The Etihad. You know the game I'm talking about. Bloody hell what day out. How many highs and lows, City and Rangers almost coming to blows and a big love in at the end.
Walking in a Mackie wonderland.

Strong and stable my arse.

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 21:06 - Nov 25 with 3305 viewsDWQPR

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 21:03 - Nov 25 by johncharles

The Etihad. You know the game I'm talking about. Bloody hell what day out. How many highs and lows, City and Rangers almost coming to blows and a big love in at the end.
Walking in a Mackie wonderland.

I must admit I went to that game thinking that I wouldn't care about the result and in the end went through so many emotions that I just needed to sit down at the end. Great after the game getting hugs and kisses from loads of Man City supporters. Could have been so different though!

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 21:40 - Nov 25 with 3254 viewskingsburyR

Cardiff away 2011.

An epic day out.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:15 - Nov 25 with 3207 viewsFredManRave

There was of course that other game we played at Man City, Maine Road the venue and we didn't even win the bloody game but it will live long in the memory. First and only time I've watched a game from a temporary, scaffolding clad stand, fortunate not to get hit by the local rain (of projectiles) or attacked on the way back to the station but still one of my favourite away days.

It's not often you see a goal by a player who was more influential than Jesus!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:27 - Nov 25 with 3175 viewspaulparker

cardiff away 2003, last minute Langley winner , the away end went mental and we gave it to them big time when we left the ground

Highbury 88 when the clock end sang Adams is a donkey for 80 minutes until they scored the winner

Watford 86 in the milk cup , my first away game , Barnes missed a pen and we grab the winner

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:36 - Nov 25 with 3155 viewsPunteR

I haven't been to an away game since Wimbledon played at Selhurst park . For shame.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:38 - Nov 25 with 3148 viewsFredManRave

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:36 - Nov 25 by PunteR

I haven't been to an away game since Wimbledon played at Selhurst park . For shame.

So you're a homer?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:47 - Nov 25 with 3134 viewsPunteR

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:38 - Nov 25 by FredManRave

So you're a homer?!

Something like that..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:49 - Nov 25 with 3126 viewsBrianMcCarthy

4-1 at Old Trafford. 3-1 at Anfield was also pretty damn fine. Also, practically any away trip to Southampton in the 80's and 90's.

Was back in Ireland for Hillsborough and Maine Road.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:53 - Nov 25 with 3115 viewsDWQPR

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:49 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

4-1 at Old Trafford. 3-1 at Anfield was also pretty damn fine. Also, practically any away trip to Southampton in the 80's and 90's.

Was back in Ireland for Hillsborough and Maine Road.

Were you at the Dell on the August bank holiday in 1983 when it had just been revealed in the papers that Peter Shilton had been caught playing away in the back of his car? Cracking pîss take that day.

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:54 - Nov 25 with 3114 viewsMrSheen

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:27 - Nov 25 by paulparker

cardiff away 2003, last minute Langley winner , the away end went mental and we gave it to them big time when we left the ground

Highbury 88 when the clock end sang Adams is a donkey for 80 minutes until they scored the winner

Watford 86 in the milk cup , my first away game , Barnes missed a pen and we grab the winner

I loved that Watford game too. Having failed to beat them in about 20 attempts before then, I was thoroughly sick of Graham Taylor's ugly mug. Great penalty save from Paul Barron and a fantastic goal from Johnny Byrne. Glorious.

Missed out on New Years' Day 92, Hillsborough, Anfield '86, Scumford Bridge in the Milk Cup and many others, but I was there when Jensen scored.
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:58 - Nov 25 with 3099 viewsDevonWhite

Hillsborough. Easily. Possibly even including Wembley. We'd been through so much shit and were finally on our way back with a team and club to be proud of.
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 00:20 - Nov 26 with 3030 viewsrrrspricey

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 22:53 - Nov 25 by DWQPR

Were you at the Dell on the August bank holiday in 1983 when it had just been revealed in the papers that Peter Shilton had been caught playing away in the back of his car? Cracking pîss take that day.

Remember that well, childish and cruel i know but.....

"Who's up, who' s up Shilton's wife? Everyone everyone"
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 06:23 - Nov 26 with 2962 viewsFDC

Hard to look past Etihad and Hillsborough.

Barnsley in 2011 was pretty memorable too (in fact most the away games that season were to be fair). I actually missed Taarabt's goal in the first minute, but what I remember most was the party atmosphere throughout the remaining 89 what should have been nail-biting minutes, and Warnock's celebration at the final whistle - that weird double fist-pump thing he used to do. Some of the intra-away end singing was fun too, e.g. the left hand side of the stand singing to the right hand side "Here for the left side, you're only here for the left-side" etc.

Edit: If I remember correctly that was also the game when the trains out of town back into Sheffield were all delayed and the most pissed off man I've ever seen standing on the platform muttering to himself turned out to be LFW's lead reporter
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 6:29]
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 07:04 - Nov 26 with 2925 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Funnily enough both involve Chelsea. The one nil was slightly tarred in retrospect by who scored the winner but as a teenager i will never forget the epic victory at the bridge where legend Alan Mcdonald scored a trademark rock header and Michael Robinson scored grom halfway line.
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 07:16 - Nov 26 with 2907 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hillsborough - Because the pressure was on, we were blowing it a bit. On that day, every R there either supporting or playing, fronted-up and did their bit. Utterly immense driving back to Bushranger.

The reason why I have chosen this game over Watford (Faurlin) and Liverpool (ballsed up the final) is because I am not sure, we've ever been so as 'one' since then.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 07:40 - Nov 26 with 2885 viewsRanger78

Hillsborough for me too that day will livening in the memory.

[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 7:41]
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 07:56 - Nov 26 with 2856 viewscaliforniahoop

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 07:40 - Nov 26 by Ranger78

Hillsborough for me too that day will livening in the memory.

[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 7:41]

Oldham 1- 1 away, Hillsbrough 1-3 Hartlepool 1-4 Sunderland 2-2 Burnley 0.1 Yeovil 0-3
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 08:03 - Nov 26 with 2840 viewsaston_hoop

Just to go for one that hasn't been mentioned (It probably has but I'm a lazy reader), the first away game back in the Premiership when we beat Everton at Goodison despite having Patrick Agyemang as lone striker. I had a particularly good night out in Liverpool after too so that helped!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 08:27 - Nov 26 with 2807 viewseasthertsr

Showing my age but Villa Away in 67 takes the biscuit. Only a kid, first ever away game, last game of the season, win gets us promoted to the old Division 1 for the first time in the clubs history. The M1 a sea of blue and white all the way. QPR fill the Holte end (unbelievable but true) go one down and then turn it round to win 2-1 with an own goal winner in the last ten minutes! Away games can only go downhill after that!
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 8:28]
Best away day (not Wembley or Highbury) on 08:39 - Nov 26 with 2778 viewsRs_Holy

Hillsborough.... (If Carlsberg did away days).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024