Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Powell second interview? 13:04 - Nov 26 with 5055 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Over three weeks since we moved Ramsey on, but seemingly, our friends at Huddersfield understand Powell has been/is being interviewed for a second time.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/98745/powell-2nd-interview-qpr

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Powell second interview? on 15:56 - Nov 26 with 1415 viewsMvpeter

Powell second interview? on 15:39 - Nov 26 by daveB

That's one of the problems though, will only be patient if it's the one we want. Last time we interviewed for the job some really good managers like Coppell and Bruce were overlooked for Holloway. Many, including me, thought the club were stupid and it was a dreadful appointment but he turned out pretty well in the end. Holloway was always compared unfavorably to Coppell in the early days but the board stuck with him. It will be the same this time if Powell or JFH or Rowett get it many will continually point at how well those not appointed are doing, similar to whenever Vargas scores a goal.

Powell might do ok, I think he's a better choice than the more romantic ones of Ainsworth or Derry. He used to be a QPR fan as well so will know about the history of the club

As he said though. Most people don't need it to be The One or even one of a handful.

I understand that some don't think hiring Chris Ramsey was out of the ordinary but many, perhaps the majority, think it was absolutely ludicrous. Even if you think they are massively wrong surely you'll concede that that was the belief. And that belief was that the hiring was massively out of the ordinary so it's tough to then suggest that this will become a trend. The very nature of the opposition speaks to it's rarity.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Powell second interview? on 16:02 - Nov 26 with 1393 viewsbillericaydicky

I'd rather have Cozy/Enoch/Peter...etc ..
Powell second interview? on 16:03 - Nov 26 with 1393 viewsHendonHoop

Just going down the same old path yet again.
Powell second interview? on 16:05 - Nov 26 with 1385 viewsdaveB

Powell second interview? on 15:56 - Nov 26 by Mvpeter

As he said though. Most people don't need it to be The One or even one of a handful.

I understand that some don't think hiring Chris Ramsey was out of the ordinary but many, perhaps the majority, think it was absolutely ludicrous. Even if you think they are massively wrong surely you'll concede that that was the belief. And that belief was that the hiring was massively out of the ordinary so it's tough to then suggest that this will become a trend. The very nature of the opposition speaks to it's rarity.

Ramsey has gone now, many didn't want him from day one and that was upto them but It was no different with Redknapp and going back virtually every appointment apart from Warnock was met with displeasure. If Powell gets the job I'll have several doubts about him as I had several doubts about Ramsey but do think he will deserve our support from day one though
Powell second interview? on 16:17 - Nov 26 with 1355 viewsMvpeter

Powell second interview? on 16:05 - Nov 26 by daveB

Ramsey has gone now, many didn't want him from day one and that was upto them but It was no different with Redknapp and going back virtually every appointment apart from Warnock was met with displeasure. If Powell gets the job I'll have several doubts about him as I had several doubts about Ramsey but do think he will deserve our support from day one though

I don't think Redknapp or Hughes got nearly as much grief.

There's a difference between I'm displeased with this and I refuse to support this. Every club has fans that are displeased with a certain signing or manager. I bet they didn't want Ferguson.

Redknapp continued receiving support above and beyond and it took about a 6 weeks and 2 points for the majority of people to give up on Hughes IMO.

Powell won't be a popular choice but I don't think he will receive anything like Ramsey's treatment.

Powell second interview? on 16:25 - Nov 26 with 1332 viewswombat

Powell second interview? on 16:17 - Nov 26 by Mvpeter

There's a difference between I'm displeased with this and I refuse to support this. Every club has fans that are displeased with a certain signing or manager. I bet they didn't want Ferguson.

Redknapp continued receiving support above and beyond and it took about a 6 weeks and 2 points for the majority of people to give up on Hughes IMO.

Powell won't be a popular choice but I don't think he will receive anything like Ramsey's treatment.

dont forget the most important bit of the process lads hes a rangers fan went to the play off final at BARDIFF job done

feck me im bored with this club now

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Powell second interview? on 16:36 - Nov 26 with 1297 viewswhittocksRs

Clear that fans will be at his throat from the minute he gets here if he gets the job, so it's probably best he doesn't get it. Same goes for almost every name linked with us, minus Pearson, who seems to have the support of the anti-Ramsey brigade.
Powell second interview? on 16:42 - Nov 26 with 1277 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Powell second interview? on 16:36 - Nov 26 by whittocksRs

Clear that fans will be at his throat from the minute he gets here if he gets the job, so it's probably best he doesn't get it. Same goes for almost every name linked with us, minus Pearson, who seems to have the support of the anti-Ramsey brigade.

Pearson will be at OUR throat!
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 16:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Powell second interview? on 16:48 - Nov 26 with 1258 viewsadhoc_qpr

While people might have argued against Redknapp and Hughes because they don't like them, dodgy/dour characters, a couple of managerial failures on their records - i don't think many argued about their fundamental experience and qualifications for the job.

With Ramsey, he only got the caretaker gig because of his relationship with Les and a timely win over a dire Sunderland team. He was the only option in-house basically and no one appealing was available/willing to move mid-season..

Then again lots of people were pretty incredulous that he was given the full time job based on his poor performance as caretaker and lack of managerial experience.
Powell second interview? on 16:50 - Nov 26 with 1249 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Powell second interview? on 14:37 - Nov 26 by WilloW4

Redknapp and Ramsey are londonders

Yes that hadn't escaped my notice. I should have said ANOTHER Londoner in charge would be nice. Keep it local etc.

Also Ramsey was born in Bristol.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 16:54]
Powell second interview? on 17:12 - Nov 26 with 1209 viewsTheBlob

Well I suppose the upside is we've nearly exhausted the supply of cosmetic appointments.Just a little bit more patience and the inevitable sacking(s) and by the law of averages somebody competent will show up.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Powell second interview? on 17:15 - Nov 26 with 1197 viewsHarbour

no problem with Chris Powell as my expectations for the season are top 10 at best. The club need to publicly say what the expectations for the season are...if they are promotion then I would go for someone who has achieved that in their career such as Nigel Pearson or Neil Warnock..Chris would do a good job of stabilising the club mid table position ready for a go at promotion next year as CR would have done..... whatever manager we get season could well be defined by who we sell and buy in January...
Powell second interview? on 17:25 - Nov 26 with 1169 viewsAntti_Heinola

I love how a thorough recruitment policy with lots of interviews was begged for on here, but when it happens, people dive off the deep end because, even though we were supposed to interview a lot of candidates, the one we've heard about isn't one we actually want - so basically, the message now is - do a thorough interview thingy, but only with managers we all want, which rules out pretty much everyone, even Brendan Rodgers, who wouldn't wipe his ass with our club, let alone manage it. And then we all go mad again because someone on another messageboard in Huddersfield claims Powell has had a 2nd interview, which may or may not be true, even though a thorough interview process including all decent candidates was exactly what we wanted.

Good luck Les and Lee!

Bare bones.

Powell second interview? on 17:26 - Nov 26 with 1163 viewswhittocksRs

Powell second interview? on 16:42 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Pearson will be at OUR throat!
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 16:48]

He'll definitely root out those with their heads in the sand.
Powell second interview? on 17:39 - Nov 26 with 1127 viewsdaveB

Your right Hughes didn't get much stick till the end, Redknapp got plenty though, not in the stadium but on here he was getting tons of stick for a good 18 months before he actually left
Powell second interview? on 17:41 - Nov 26 with 1075 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Powell second interview? on 17:25 - Nov 26 by Antti_Heinola

I love how a thorough recruitment policy with lots of interviews was begged for on here, but when it happens, people dive off the deep end because, even though we were supposed to interview a lot of candidates, the one we've heard about isn't one we actually want - so basically, the message now is - do a thorough interview thingy, but only with managers we all want, which rules out pretty much everyone, even Brendan Rodgers, who wouldn't wipe his ass with our club, let alone manage it. And then we all go mad again because someone on another messageboard in Huddersfield claims Powell has had a 2nd interview, which may or may not be true, even though a thorough interview process including all decent candidates was exactly what we wanted.

Good luck Les and Lee!

Great post.

Half the problem is separating the fantasy QPR we all have in our head that beats Leeds 3-0 on Saturday then goes on to win the Champions League against Chelsea at Wembley within 3 years, and the actual QPR, who signs Bob Malcolm and gets spanked at Scunthorpe.

As for the interview process, the fact it's a mystery is a good sign for me. In the past it feel like everything was written down on a AirAsia napkin and given to the PR team.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 17:43]
Powell second interview? on 17:45 - Nov 26 with 1065 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Powell second interview? on 17:12 - Nov 26 by TheBlob

Well I suppose the upside is we've nearly exhausted the supply of cosmetic appointments.Just a little bit more patience and the inevitable sacking(s) and by the law of averages somebody competent will show up.

Like the thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters theory?
Powell second interview? on 17:50 - Nov 26 with 1049 viewsTheBlob

Powell second interview? on 17:45 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Like the thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters theory?

Million.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Powell second interview? on 18:19 - Nov 26 with 1017 viewsJamie

Powell second interview? on 17:25 - Nov 26 by Antti_Heinola

Good luck Les and Lee!

In fairness, I think people have gotten so used to the TF reign or terror where everything was played out in Twitter or the official site, so are mistaking the silence from the club as evidence that nothing is happening.

The reality of course is that Powell, JFH, Lambert, Pearson will have been interviewed at least once by now, along with a couple of others that nobody has heard about, and a couple that are realistically no hopers for the job but get an interview out of due diligence.

Lambert has obviously since gone elsewhere, but IF, Powell is getting a second interview, it will be along with a couple of others, before the 1 or maybe 2 candidates Hoos & Ferdinand like, get called in again for a long and thorough interview with the board where they would be expected to put all the things they've talked of at interview down on paper/whiteboard as tangible ideas.

As said by others, Powell probably wouldn't even be my second choice behind JFH, but he is an experienced manager who has some success on his record, and IF he is getting a second interview, it doesn't mean he is THE outstanding candidate in Hoos & Ferdinand's eyes, but that he is being considered as part of a proper & professional interviewing process.
Powell second interview? on 18:26 - Nov 26 with 997 viewsSomersetHoops

I love the way the club PR system says we've had loads of applicants for manager. I doubt any of them are good enough to sort QPR out. In fact I'm beginning to wonder if anyone can, so if Chris Powell is the best we can get, then lets go through it all again and expect him to be sacked a quarter of the way into next season. It seems to me that the way to destroy a manager's career and reputation is to join QPR. The only exception to get away with it was Redknapp who had a seriously lucky promotion and abandoned the team he ruined with some lame excuse, so he wasn't in charge for another relegation.

Who's Next?

Powell second interview? on 21:34 - Nov 26 with 820 viewsbaz_qpr

Its not going to be Powell, 16/1 at Ladbrokes its a 2 horse race between Rowett and JFH and IMHO will almost certainly be JFH and announced as soon as Uncle Tony gets into the country
Powell second interview? on 21:50 - Nov 26 with 780 viewsYorkRanger

I like Powell, but fear he would not be the answer, and would not get the support of the crowd if things take time to turn around. In fact I worry for anyone who is hoping for patience for the manager, whoever it might be.

Personally I'm not sure JFH has enough experience. I'd take Rowett, Pearson, Rodgers, Jackett or warburton not necessarily in that order.
Powell second interview? on 11:24 - Nov 27 with 644 viewsMvpeter

Powell second interview? on 16:48 - Nov 26 by adhoc_qpr

While people might have argued against Redknapp and Hughes because they don't like them, dodgy/dour characters, a couple of managerial failures on their records - i don't think many argued about their fundamental experience and qualifications for the job.

With Ramsey, he only got the caretaker gig because of his relationship with Les and a timely win over a dire Sunderland team. He was the only option in-house basically and no one appealing was available/willing to move mid-season..

Then again lots of people were pretty incredulous that he was given the full time job based on his poor performance as caretaker and lack of managerial experience.

Agreed

Powell second interview? on 11:33 - Nov 27 with 621 viewsMvpeter

Powell second interview? on 17:39 - Nov 26 by daveB

Your right Hughes didn't get much stick till the end, Redknapp got plenty though, not in the stadium but on here he was getting tons of stick for a good 18 months before he actually left

Oh Redknapp got stick but as you say it wasn't at games which is where its more important.

Plus Redknapp was an absolute crook for those 18 months.

Maybe the last few years have soured the crowd but I'd like to think they're ready for a return. I think we were all ramped up to get behind a Warburton or Clement etc and felt fools for allowing our hopes to be raised.

I think if we get a good manager and a lot of good names have been mentioned then the fans will be fine. Hire Dave Hockaday and they'll be marching pitchforks down South Africa Road.

Powell second interview? on 11:53 - Nov 27 with 592 viewsAntti_Heinola

Powell second interview? on 21:34 - Nov 26 by baz_qpr

Its not going to be Powell, 16/1 at Ladbrokes its a 2 horse race between Rowett and JFH and IMHO will almost certainly be JFH and announced as soon as Uncle Tony gets into the country

would this be one of those bookies that's already had Rodgers as a favourite? And Pearson?
Agree, though. WLS now saying it looks like JFH. And I'll be happy with that.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024