Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Powell second interview? 13:04 - Nov 26 with 5056 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Over three weeks since we moved Ramsey on, but seemingly, our friends at Huddersfield understand Powell has been/is being interviewed for a second time.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/98745/powell-2nd-interview-qpr

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Powell second interview? on 13:08 - Nov 26 with 2926 viewsdaveB

when he got the boot a few weeks ago plenty on here said what a good manager he was and how unfair his sacking was.
Powell second interview? on 13:10 - Nov 26 with 2907 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Be nice to have a Londoner in charge as well.
Powell second interview? on 13:15 - Nov 26 with 2868 viewspaulparker

Does anyone ITK know if we have interviewed JFH or Warburton ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Powell second interview? on 13:16 - Nov 26 with 2855 viewsGloucs_R

Powell second interview? on 13:15 - Nov 26 by paulparker

Does anyone ITK know if we have interviewed JFH or Warburton ?

For a nice change we all seem to be in the dark.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Powell second interview? on 13:20 - Nov 26 with 2836 viewsbosh67

A 26.32% win rate at Huddersfield. Worse than Chris Ramsey's win rate...

Great, when can he start?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Powell second interview? on 13:30 - Nov 26 with 2772 viewsToast_R

Powell second interview? on 13:20 - Nov 26 by bosh67

Yeah but Huddersfield don't have the squad Ramsey had. Would you hypothetically employ Guardiola at QPR and expect him to get the win ratio he's getting at Munich?

I'm sure Powell could have done better with the players QPR have at their disposal.
Having said that, I'd still rather keep Warnock.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 13:33]
Powell second interview? on 13:33 - Nov 26 with 2753 viewsPinnerPaul

33/1 with Sky Bet
Powell second interview? on 13:36 - Nov 26 with 2733 viewsGloucs_R

Meltdown if he does get the job.

Login to get fewer ads

Powell second interview? on 13:38 - Nov 26 with 2728 viewsbosh67

Powell second interview? on 13:30 - Nov 26 by Toast_R

Yeah but Huddersfield don't have the squad Ramsey had. Would you hypothetically employ Guardiola at QPR and expect him to get the win ratio he's getting at Munich?

I'm sure Powell could have done better with the players QPR have at their disposal.
Having said that, I'd still rather keep Warnock.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 13:33]

With all respect to Chris Powell, he isn't the answer.

Unless we haven't taken the name Chris off the car parking space and manager's dug out seat.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Powell second interview? on 13:41 - Nov 26 with 2716 viewsGloucs_R

Uh Oh - His first signing of his managerial career was Bradley Wright-Phillips

In 11 March 2014, Powell was sacked as manager of Charlton Athletic by owner Roland Duchâtelet; this decision came after a poor run of form with the Addicks sitting at the bottom of the Championship table,[29] although media reports have suggested that it was a reluctance to play players Roland Duchâtelet had brought to the club [30] and differences in transfer policy.[31]

Powell second interview? on 13:59 - Nov 26 with 2621 viewsNorthernr

Powell second interview? on 13:20 - Nov 26 by bosh67

I certainly don't rate him very highly, but to be absolutely fair to him he took over a poor Huddersfield team and kept it up. He then had his best players sold - Smithies, Butterfield, Coady - all at once in the summer and wasn't allowed to spend the money on replacements. He was then sacked, with Huddersfield still outside the bottom three, which is about as much as they can hope for this season with their team.

Like I say, don't necessarily want him here, but I actually see his performance at Huddersfield as a positive rather than a negative. They'll get relegated with the new guy unless there's some serious investment in players next month or some canny loan signings made.
Powell second interview? on 14:04 - Nov 26 with 2594 viewsadhoc_qpr

Powell is an upgrade on Ramsey, but still some way short of what i'd ideally like.

Could he get us through the season and to upper midtable/top 10? Probably.

Is he the man to build a strong team to challenge for automatic promotion next year? Not sure.
Powell second interview? on 14:06 - Nov 26 with 2584 viewsDiscodroids

Im particularly excited about the prospect of Chris Powell being reunited with Oscar Gobern

The power of Association football....in the palm of our hand.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Powell second interview? on 14:11 - Nov 26 with 2559 viewsrobith

Powell second interview? on 14:06 - Nov 26 by Discodroids

Im particularly excited about the prospect of Chris Powell being reunited with Oscar Gobern

The power of Association football....in the palm of our hand.

I completely forgotten about him! Did he go out on loan?
Powell second interview? on 14:14 - Nov 26 with 2545 viewsJonDoeman

I'd be disappointed . Could see him going the same way as Ramsey, with the fans not believing in him & showing no patience when the bad spell comes. Need to make the right choice this time & stick with it. And that ain't Chrissy Powell . Lovely fella etc.

It Is What It Is !!

Powell second interview? on 14:15 - Nov 26 with 2542 viewsdaveB

Powell second interview? on 13:36 - Nov 26 by Gloucs_R

Meltdown if he does get the job.

Why? He's did a decent job rebuilding Charlton and worked for years as a coach before that at several clubs. Took Huddersfield to their best league finish in over a decade last season. He wouldn't be my first or even second choice but he's not terrible and would hopefully get support rather than the usual crap managers get on here.
Powell second interview? on 14:16 - Nov 26 with 2534 viewsJonDoeman

Powell second interview? on 14:11 - Nov 26 by robith

I completely forgotten about him! Did he go out on loan?

Back now. Did his cruciate . The QPR curse working fine in Huddersfield.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 14:17]

It Is What It Is !!

Powell second interview? on 14:17 - Nov 26 with 2527 viewsdaveB

Powell second interview? on 14:14 - Nov 26 by JonDoeman

I'd be disappointed . Could see him going the same way as Ramsey, with the fans not believing in him & showing no patience when the bad spell comes. Need to make the right choice this time & stick with it. And that ain't Chrissy Powell . Lovely fella etc.

Whoever gets the job I hope they get support, if it's not who people want then they need to get on with it rather than stick the knife in from day one
Powell second interview? on 14:19 - Nov 26 with 2515 viewsJonDoeman

Powell second interview? on 14:17 - Nov 26 by daveB

Whoever gets the job I hope they get support, if it's not who people want then they need to get on with it rather than stick the knife in from day one

Agree. I'll be preaching patience this time whoever gets it . All this has to stop .

It Is What It Is !!

Powell second interview? on 14:33 - Nov 26 with 2424 viewsNorthernr

Powell second interview? on 14:17 - Nov 26 by daveB

Good luck with that Dave.
Powell second interview? on 14:37 - Nov 26 with 2404 viewsWilloW4

Powell second interview? on 13:10 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Be nice to have a Londoner in charge as well.

Redknapp and Ramsey are londonders
Powell second interview? on 14:46 - Nov 26 with 2360 viewseghamranger

Powell second interview? on 14:37 - Nov 26 by WilloW4

Redknapp and Ramsey are londonders

How great were they!!!

Personally I think Powell is average and his style is boring. He is only being interviewed as he is out of work. There is a reason managers are unemployed... Look at mcgleish, sherwood, megson, Ramsey, Powell. The list goes on.

We really missed the boat with Warburton!! Massively
Powell second interview? on 15:04 - Nov 26 with 2282 viewsJonDoeman

Powell second interview? on 14:33 - Nov 26 by Northernr

Good luck with that Dave.

I think most QPR fans are prepared to be patient with someone they can believe in . Even if it isn't the person they want & assuming it isn't another ridiculous appointment .

It Is What It Is !!

Powell second interview? on 15:07 - Nov 26 with 2267 viewsWilloW4

Powell second interview? on 14:46 - Nov 26 by eghamranger

How great were they!!!

Personally I think Powell is average and his style is boring. He is only being interviewed as he is out of work. There is a reason managers are unemployed... Look at mcgleish, sherwood, megson, Ramsey, Powell. The list goes on.

We really missed the boat with Warburton!! Massively

Agree with you.. As many posters have said we missed a trick with Warburton..
Powell second interview? on 15:39 - Nov 26 with 2160 viewsdaveB

Powell second interview? on 15:04 - Nov 26 by JonDoeman

I think most QPR fans are prepared to be patient with someone they can believe in . Even if it isn't the person they want & assuming it isn't another ridiculous appointment .

That's one of the problems though, will only be patient if it's the one we want. Last time we interviewed for the job some really good managers like Coppell and Bruce were overlooked for Holloway. Many, including me, thought the club were stupid and it was a dreadful appointment but he turned out pretty well in the end. Holloway was always compared unfavorably to Coppell in the early days but the board stuck with him. It will be the same this time if Powell or JFH or Rowett get it many will continually point at how well those not appointed are doing, similar to whenever Vargas scores a goal.

Powell might do ok, I think he's a better choice than the more romantic ones of Ainsworth or Derry. He used to be a QPR fan as well so will know about the history of the club
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024