Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Fans Banned in France 16:48 - Nov 26 with 1153 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

For obvious reasons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34933103

[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 19:11]
Away Fans Banned in France on 19:35 - Nov 26 with 1034 viewsWatford_Ranger

I don't mean to sound insensitive but I don't see why. I see there is a UN climate summit which seems a monumental waste of resources.
Away Fans Banned in France on 19:37 - Nov 26 with 1032 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Away Fans Banned in France on 19:35 - Nov 26 by Watford_Ranger

I don't mean to sound insensitive but I don't see why. I see there is a UN climate summit which seems a monumental waste of resources.

I'm guessing some intelligence suggested something on top of the lack of coppers.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 19:38]
Away Fans Banned in France on 20:35 - Nov 26 with 975 viewsTacticalR

Why not ban people going out at all (for obvious reasons)?

Air hostess clique

Away Fans Banned in France on 20:46 - Nov 26 with 951 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Away Fans Banned in France on 20:35 - Nov 26 by TacticalR

I'm not justifying it when I say 'for obvious reasons'.

If someone asked 'why have they banned away fans in France?' and I said 'because of the obvious' you'd know what I was referring to.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 20:49]
Away Fans Banned in France on 20:54 - Nov 26 with 932 viewsTacticalR

Away Fans Banned in France on 20:46 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm not justifying it when I say 'for obvious reasons'.

If someone asked 'why have they banned away fans in France?' and I said 'because of the obvious' you'd know what I was referring to.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 20:49]

OK, but I have to say in this case it's not that obvious. In a manner of speaking.

Air hostess clique

Away Fans Banned in France on 21:03 - Nov 26 with 911 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Away Fans Banned in France on 20:54 - Nov 26 by TacticalR

OK, but I have to say in this case it's not that obvious. In a manner of speaking.

I think you can probably presume what most headlines with France or Paris in are about for a while.
Away Fans Banned in France on 21:06 - Nov 26 with 906 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I find this kind of decision disappointing.

Bombs and guns, like lightning strikes or bird flu, can strike at any time. I'm not dubious about restrictions on the lives of citizens purely for reasons of sensitivity. I don't subscribe either to this notion of 'this is what ISIS want'. I just think that our continent has lived through inquisitions, plague, slaughters, genocides and world wars. And we have recovered from them all. Surely this generation has the resilience, the intelligence, the fuggin' guts to make our own mind up about whether we want the deaths in Paris to cripple us. Or not.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Away Fans Banned in France on 21:18 - Nov 26 with 887 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Away Fans Banned in France on 21:06 - Nov 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I find this kind of decision disappointing.

Bombs and guns, like lightning strikes or bird flu, can strike at any time. I'm not dubious about restrictions on the lives of citizens purely for reasons of sensitivity. I don't subscribe either to this notion of 'this is what ISIS want'. I just think that our continent has lived through inquisitions, plague, slaughters, genocides and world wars. And we have recovered from them all. Surely this generation has the resilience, the intelligence, the fuggin' guts to make our own mind up about whether we want the deaths in Paris to cripple us. Or not.

According to 2011 data, the chances of you being attacked by a terrorist are roughly 1 in 20 million. Compared to the likelihood of you drowning in a bathtub (1 in 800,000), losing your life in a car crash (1 in 19,000), dying in a building fire (1 in 99,000), or being struck by lightning (1 in 5,500,000)

http://pressfortruth.ca/top-stories/what-are-your-chances-being-killed-terrorist
Login to get fewer ads

Away Fans Banned in France on 01:04 - Nov 27 with 804 viewsisawqpratwcity

While you'd hope that it doesn't last long, I see this as only an understandable, temporary 'police resources' thing. Naturally they will be chasing up loads of suspects, possible threats and wild geese as well as providing a widespread, conspicuous presence, so they are cutting back on other chores like keeping pugnacious idiots separated on the basis of scarf colour.

The French have been told by their President that they are 'at war'. It is up to them to decide what priority and extent these 'war' measures should have and for how long.

Meanwhile, some on this site, with no other terrorist affiliation, would be quite delighted if the Climate Summit was disrupted.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Away Fans Banned in France on 10:40 - Nov 27 with 713 viewsTheChef

Away Fans Banned in France on 20:35 - Nov 26 by TacticalR

I think ultimately that's what The Powers That Be would like.

Just stay at home, watch X Factor and buy shit online.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Away Fans Banned in France on 11:43 - Nov 27 with 687 viewsEastR

a stupid and disproportionate decision

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024