Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation 19:32 - Nov 26 with 5711 viewsChinajohn

Little Ronnie and Reggie are after a games console for Christmas and I have no idea which one to go for. The boys are 6 and 8 and are really into Minecraft, they want to be able to play against their mates . Which is better and easier to use? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 14:27 - Nov 27 with 1579 viewsClive_Anderson

PS4 is a much better system and would definitely be my choice.

XBox might have more Minecraft stuff in future though as Microsoft bought the company that made is a while back.
Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 16:47 - Nov 27 with 1544 viewssimmo

Answering the OP - PS4 is the superior machine, especially for gaming. That being said, just get them an X-Box 360. My boy is 7 (8 next week), also loves Minecraft. He's got an X-Box 360 and has all the games for it - most of them are cheaper and it more than does the job.

We don't let him online though, not yet anyway...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 21:03 - Nov 27 with 1500 viewsToast_R

X Box One you can get Elite Dangerous. I was brought up on the original Elite on the Amstrad cpc 464, green monitor, the works.
A f@cking unbelievable game. That and Arcade Star Wars

[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 21:11]
Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 08:26 - Nov 30 with 1397 viewsMvpeter

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 16:47 - Nov 27 by simmo

Answering the OP - PS4 is the superior machine, especially for gaming. That being said, just get them an X-Box 360. My boy is 7 (8 next week), also loves Minecraft. He's got an X-Box 360 and has all the games for it - most of them are cheaper and it more than does the job.

We don't let him online though, not yet anyway...

I think you can disable the chat features so that idiots online can't talk to them.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 08:42 - Nov 30 with 1385 viewssimmo

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 08:26 - Nov 30 by Mvpeter

I think you can disable the chat features so that idiots online can't talk to them.

Yeah I get that, but I'm not sure about blocking incoming messages, or whatever. I just don't think it's quite needed yet, in an ideal world I wouldn't have him on the Xbox at all but kids these days, it's just the way things are...

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 09:10 - Nov 30 with 1374 viewsMvpeter

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 08:42 - Nov 30 by simmo

Yeah I get that, but I'm not sure about blocking incoming messages, or whatever. I just don't think it's quite needed yet, in an ideal world I wouldn't have him on the Xbox at all but kids these days, it's just the way things are...

Fair play, I agree I wouldn't want kids that young playing them either but what can you do? Better that they aren't left out.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 9:10]

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 14:17 - Nov 30 with 1322 viewsJuzzie

For my tuppence, I'd go for the PS4. It's just a better all-round machine. They are more than just games consoles these days, they are multimedia machines.

As for under 10's, I agree a PS3 is more than plenty. When new consoles are released they're aimed at the 25-30+ years old rather than kids. Most of the games I see advertised are all aimed at the adult.
Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 14:57 - Nov 30 with 1301 viewssimmo

Additionally - Playstation have announced that they're looking to make PS2 games compatible on PS4. Not sure yet if that means discs or just for a few titles through the store, but PS2 games are super cheap and some are amazing.

Login to get fewer ads

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 12:27 - Dec 1 with 1228 viewsdermyqpr

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 21:26 - Nov 26 by kingsburyR

Friggin amazing post.

I was a gamer when I was young (40+ now) using spectrums and thru early nintendos etc.

But gaming today is on a different level. It's not "playing" anymore.....it's role playing. Boys mainly are being sucked into this insular world.

I drive past numerous parks every day...where are all the kids? Where are all the boys chasing footballs? Hop scotch...... Pom Pom (well that's what we called it).......GONE.

Worrying

Dodgey last paragraph there mate!!!
Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 12:47 - Dec 1 with 1210 viewsRBlock

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 14:57 - Nov 30 by simmo

Additionally - Playstation have announced that they're looking to make PS2 games compatible on PS4. Not sure yet if that means discs or just for a few titles through the store, but PS2 games are super cheap and some are amazing.

That is the dream!

Get all the old school games going again, bit of Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot ect. I recently dug out and dusted off my old GameCube. MarioKart is timeless.
Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 13:58 - Dec 1 with 1193 viewssimmo

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 12:47 - Dec 1 by RBlock

That is the dream!

Get all the old school games going again, bit of Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot ect. I recently dug out and dusted off my old GameCube. MarioKart is timeless.

Ah mate there's loads - Simpsons Hit & Run, GTA Vice City/San Andreas, God of War, Burnout 3 Takedown.... You can get some of these games pre-owned for a few quid!

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 18:03 - Dec 1 with 1155 viewsPunteR

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 13:58 - Dec 1 by simmo

Ah mate there's loads - Simpsons Hit & Run, GTA Vice City/San Andreas, God of War, Burnout 3 Takedown.... You can get some of these games pre-owned for a few quid!

There is a thread on here we did about a year ago of retro games which was good. No idea how to find it though.
Mega drive was my first console, Altered Beast,Golden Axe, Castle of illusion, Sonic, great games.
Nintendo 64 purely for Goldeneye.
Playstation - Tomb raiders being probably being my favourite games ever.
They seem like innocent games now,even games like Medal of Honor set in WW2 was pretty tame compared to now.
I caught my 7 year old playing his older bruvs CoD today, cheeky monkey.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 18:12 - Dec 1 with 1152 viewsBasingstokeR

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 18:03 - Dec 1 by PunteR

There is a thread on here we did about a year ago of retro games which was good. No idea how to find it though.
Mega drive was my first console, Altered Beast,Golden Axe, Castle of illusion, Sonic, great games.
Nintendo 64 purely for Goldeneye.
Playstation - Tomb raiders being probably being my favourite games ever.
They seem like innocent games now,even games like Medal of Honor set in WW2 was pretty tame compared to now.
I caught my 7 year old playing his older bruvs CoD today, cheeky monkey.

Most kids today would look at my copy of Mortal Kombat on the Mega Drive (with the "blood code" cheat turned on) and laugh at it, they see worse things on their / their friends mobiles than any console game imho.
Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 18:39 - Dec 1 with 1138 viewsBluce_Ree

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 13:58 - Dec 1 by simmo

SImpsons Hit and Run was great!

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 20:09 - Dec 1 with 1108 viewsHollowayRanger

Wii

still got my playstation one and my amiga

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Non-QPR Xbox or Playstation on 22:11 - Dec 1 with 969 viewsToast_R

Anyone use PLEX by the way?
I'm having some bollocks technical problems using it on the PS4 recently. Was fine streaming movies etc until suddenly I'm getting this message saying not enough memory space. F*cker no longer works.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024