Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cor Blimey may have a point. 13:58 - Nov 27 with 14825 viewspomanjou

What are Mr Camerons compelling reasons for needing a mandate to bomb Syria?

He said some days ago live on camera that USA, France and Russia were all bombing and that we really should be doing our bit. We all know that our bit is actually not a lot and may come to 2/3% of the total if/when we do join the bombfest. We are not needed.

So Camerons flaky excuse, sorry, compelling reason is that they are doing it, therefore so should we. In the circumstances Corbyn is right to raise questions about justification.

Hopefully Corbyn, the conservatives not very secret weapon, will maintain his position as labour leader and the main reason for voting conservative. What a pity it will be if at his labour meetings on Monday he decides to fall on his sword. A man of his honour, boxing way above his weight, should surely do just that.

I'm very pro Cameron and the conservatives generally but I reckon they are being a bit gung ho in this instance.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:19 - Nov 27 with 2224 viewsngbqpr

ok it's only a football messageboard - but let's face it, a football crowd is a pretty disparate bunch, representing many strands of society...and on here, we have a clear majority (including people who usually disagree violently when political debate rears its head on LFW) saying don't bomb (or at the very least don't rush into it)

I genuinely think that is quite a good reflection of the public mood and I hope all those MPs who claimed they were "going back to gauge the mood of their constituents" find that feedback

Good to see that despite the best efforts of the Sun & Mail, so many people are aware that what the West has done in the region since 2001 has effectively given birth to ISIS, and every bomb dropped generates dozens more jihadis

Wonder why Chilcot continues to delay...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:25 - Nov 27 with 2218 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:19 - Nov 27 by johncharles

Not to mention Iraq and Libya. Now tell me, what have Iraq, Libya and Syria got a lot of ?

Sand?
Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:25 - Nov 27 with 2217 viewsLblock

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 14:31 - Nov 27 by Discodroids

"oh hello...im looking to locate a complete c unt who must possess the crude bludgeoning political nuances of the Yorkshire Ripper with a half brick, To Lead theonce great Labour Party into the fu cking Void - it is rather old? You do? Oh, oh, oh, that's wonderful...Jemery Corbyn You Say !!."

"my name ?..Oh Yes ,, Mccluskey ......Leonard david Mccluskey.."
[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 14:33]

Random I know but that fella lived opposite me as a kid - real name was Timothy Lumsden.
Christ we made his life hell when we were cheeky little bar stewards

Corbyn may have played a masterstroke on this one.
Boots on the ground = a long bit of attrition and public opinion swinging against the war mongerers.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:37 - Nov 27 with 2197 views2Thomas2Bowles

The press and Tories and some Labour MP's calling Corbyn weak

But It's really Dave that's the weak one, doing just as Blair did, being lead by the nose, not having the brains or guts to do anything else.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:46 - Nov 27 with 2184 viewsDorse

This may be an unpopular view and I am quite prepared to be dug out over it but I think the most compelling reason to bomb IS is that they are a shower of sperm-gargling bumtards who make Chelsea supporters seem almost proto-simian. Almost.

Actually, now I think about it, if the boys at GCHQ are listening in, I heard that Jose Mourinho said you were all infidels. Just saying.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:49 - Nov 27 with 2177 viewsTheBlob

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:19 - Nov 27 by johncharles

Not to mention Iraq and Libya. Now tell me, what have Iraq, Libya and Syria got a lot of ?

Sand?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:50 - Nov 27 with 2168 viewsTheBlob

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:25 - Nov 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sand?

Awwwwwww...... sheeeit,you beat me to it bud.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 17:00 - Nov 27 with 2152 viewsisawqpratwcity

I don't know why you blokes are being so shy on this, we are already there and we say "Come on in, the war is lovely!"

Of course we are only there because of Abbott. He BEGGED Obama to let us join in because national security was the best way for Abbott to claw back popularity against the Labour opposition.

Of course, now it's Turnbull and he knows it's a lot harder to get out of a war than to get in one.

The bombing campaign isn't working. It isn't exactly high pressure, so contributing is really only 'moral' support. Worse, ISIS hide amongst civilians, human shields. Lately there are noises about 'accepting casualties' (civilian casualties, that is) and changing rules of engagement. That is REALLY scary!

But, as has been noted above, British participation is already happening and it will become official. We'll save you a chair.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 17:47 - Nov 27 with 2097 viewsJigsore

Sand?

Bombed hospitals?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 17:51 - Nov 27 with 2091 viewsDWQPR

Whether Corbyn is principled or not and I don't think that he is at all principled, he would vote against any action however much Cameron met the four conditions that were set out during the last Labour Party conference. He would always vote no to any kind of conflict and as a former head of the Stop the War campaign that is proof in itself. He would rather see this country overrun with Islamists if it meant that we didn't kill anyone. And yet he supported the actions of the IRA many years back and invited people like Gerry Adams to Westminster during some of the darkest days of the troubles with bombings on the mainland in Hyde Park, Oxford Street and at Chelsea Barracks.

And it seems such figures in the Labour Party such as Hilary Benn and Tom Watson are convinced by Cameron's argument along with probably many other shadow cabinet members and some backbench Labour MP's. If helping to bomb IS means that the local ground troops in Syria can finish the job then great. It will still mean that we will have the problem within but it will be one place left where our home grown Jihadists can go and learn how to fire an AK47.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 18:20 - Nov 27 with 2069 viewsFDC

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:46 - Nov 27 by Dorse

This may be an unpopular view and I am quite prepared to be dug out over it but I think the most compelling reason to bomb IS is that they are a shower of sperm-gargling bumtards who make Chelsea supporters seem almost proto-simian. Almost.

Actually, now I think about it, if the boys at GCHQ are listening in, I heard that Jose Mourinho said you were all infidels. Just saying.

Mate, if you can gather them all up into one room and guarantee that their fascist ideology dies with them, I'd be the first to suggest we gather all of the worlds most tortuous ways to die and administer them.
Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:08 - Nov 27 with 2029 viewsDorse

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 18:20 - Nov 27 by FDC

Mate, if you can gather them all up into one room and guarantee that their fascist ideology dies with them, I'd be the first to suggest we gather all of the worlds most tortuous ways to die and administer them.

I've got it narrowed down to being dipped in liquid nitrogen and then sung at by Il Divo or being strapped to a chair and being forced to watch 'Hetty Wainthrop Does Dallas' on a loop.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:13 - Nov 27 with 2017 viewsJigsore

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:08 - Nov 27 by Dorse

I've got it narrowed down to being dipped in liquid nitrogen and then sung at by Il Divo or being strapped to a chair and being forced to watch 'Hetty Wainthrop Does Dallas' on a loop.

Metallica & Lou Reed's album Lulu... on repeat... for the rest of their lives.

Death would be a blessed relief

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:26 - Nov 27 with 2002 viewsjohncharles

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 16:49 - Nov 27 by TheBlob

Sand?

And the winner is ...... Nigel Spackman
[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 19:27]

Strong and stable my arse.

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:28 - Nov 27 with 1996 viewsjohncharles

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 17:47 - Nov 27 by Jigsore

Bombed hospitals?

No, that's Palestine

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:41 - Nov 27 with 1707 viewsHollowayRanger

it Cameron really wanted to protect us

he'd sort our frigging borders out and deport every frigging non uk born person who's on their terrorist threat list

another two pieces of crap coming back to us

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34942432

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:42 - Nov 27 with 1705 views1BobbyHazell

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 17:51 - Nov 27 by DWQPR

Whether Corbyn is principled or not and I don't think that he is at all principled, he would vote against any action however much Cameron met the four conditions that were set out during the last Labour Party conference. He would always vote no to any kind of conflict and as a former head of the Stop the War campaign that is proof in itself. He would rather see this country overrun with Islamists if it meant that we didn't kill anyone. And yet he supported the actions of the IRA many years back and invited people like Gerry Adams to Westminster during some of the darkest days of the troubles with bombings on the mainland in Hyde Park, Oxford Street and at Chelsea Barracks.

And it seems such figures in the Labour Party such as Hilary Benn and Tom Watson are convinced by Cameron's argument along with probably many other shadow cabinet members and some backbench Labour MP's. If helping to bomb IS means that the local ground troops in Syria can finish the job then great. It will still mean that we will have the problem within but it will be one place left where our home grown Jihadists can go and learn how to fire an AK47.

Sigh, I knew our love in couldn't last DW!

Corbyn , the former head of the Stop The War movement, isn't principled. That doesn't even make sense!

You may see him as many things but in a House of Commons full of cash for questions sellers, expense fiddlers (Corbyn claim is the lowest in all of MP's), paedo's and their protectors, bulging envelope accepting lobbyists, those caught outright lying etc etc etc to say he is not a man of principle is ridiculous.

Do you think he invited Adams over to celebrate deaths caused by the IRA or to begin a dialogue that successive governments were so slow to do? Look where that dialogue has got us now?

As for your hilariously over the top 'he would rather see this country overrun with Islamists', come on! There's been a decent discussion on here, that sort of mouth frothing over the top hyperbole is not adding anything of value or, more importantly anything based in reality.

And finally, as many have pointed out on this thread, we have visited genocide upon this area for a while now, the results of which speak for themselves. Many a new potential Jihadist is created with each image their brain washers can show them of yet more bodies of the innocent, adding to the hundreds of thousands already racked up.

Funny how 2 years ago it was the other side Cameron wanted to bomb. The idea that this is some sort of clear combat situation where all the 'bad guys' are in one place and all we have to do is bomb them and it will be over is naive at best, more willfully ignorant if you ask me.

Unfortunately the Powers That Be have this whole thing down to escalate over the coming months.
Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:43 - Nov 27 with 1705 viewsFDC

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:08 - Nov 27 by Dorse

Yeah... The methods for making people dead is the one thing we're spoiled for though man.
Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:52 - Nov 27 with 1687 viewsDWQPR

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:42 - Nov 27 by 1BobbyHazell

Sigh, I knew our love in couldn't last DW!

Corbyn , the former head of the Stop The War movement, isn't principled. That doesn't even make sense!

You may see him as many things but in a House of Commons full of cash for questions sellers, expense fiddlers (Corbyn claim is the lowest in all of MP's), paedo's and their protectors, bulging envelope accepting lobbyists, those caught outright lying etc etc etc to say he is not a man of principle is ridiculous.

Do you think he invited Adams over to celebrate deaths caused by the IRA or to begin a dialogue that successive governments were so slow to do? Look where that dialogue has got us now?

As for your hilariously over the top 'he would rather see this country overrun with Islamists', come on! There's been a decent discussion on here, that sort of mouth frothing over the top hyperbole is not adding anything of value or, more importantly anything based in reality.

And finally, as many have pointed out on this thread, we have visited genocide upon this area for a while now, the results of which speak for themselves. Many a new potential Jihadist is created with each image their brain washers can show them of yet more bodies of the innocent, adding to the hundreds of thousands already racked up.

Funny how 2 years ago it was the other side Cameron wanted to bomb. The idea that this is some sort of clear combat situation where all the 'bad guys' are in one place and all we have to do is bomb them and it will be over is naive at best, more willfully ignorant if you ask me.

Unfortunately the Powers That Be have this whole thing down to escalate over the coming months.

1BH we can still love each other over a bottle of Fullers, I have my views and you have yours and that makes a debate. Fact is there is no reasoning with this lot, they kill their own and probably a lot more of them than the west has. They will stop for nothing and Corbyn will not in any way agree to anything not even land troops that even Livingstone last night at least admitted between some other ill thought statements admitted was required.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:55 - Nov 27 with 1682 views1BobbyHazell

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 19:52 - Nov 27 by DWQPR

1BH we can still love each other over a bottle of Fullers, I have my views and you have yours and that makes a debate. Fact is there is no reasoning with this lot, they kill their own and probably a lot more of them than the west has. They will stop for nothing and Corbyn will not in any way agree to anything not even land troops that even Livingstone last night at least admitted between some other ill thought statements admitted was required.

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 20:06 - Nov 27 with 1668 viewsjohncharles

Good to see the closet tories breaking cover. These are the guys who lost the election for Labour. And they want Corbyn to resign ? Why don't they Fck off and support Chelsea ? That's what plastic supporters do. These are the people who encouraged Blair to bomb Iraq. Fck off, we don't need you.

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 20:30 - Nov 27 with 1648 viewsClive_Anderson

"Do you think he invited Adams over to celebrate deaths caused by the IRA or to begin a dialogue that successive governments were so slow to do?"

What dialogue? He only ever spoke to the IRA side and not to the British government or the loyalist side.

" Look where that dialogue has got us now? "

Corbyn did absolutely nothing to help the NI peace process, the idea that it was all started by him or in fact achieved anything of note at all is absolute bollox and I think deep down you know that.
Cor Blimey may have a point. on 21:15 - Nov 27 with 1615 viewsFDC

Sand?

Lolz. Reminded me of Frankie Boyle's column in the Guarniad:

"Personally, I think that for all our blaming religion, there will be peace in the Middle East when the oil runs out. But knowing their luck, then somebody will invent a way of making fuel by mixing sand and falafel"
Cor Blimey may have a point. on 21:53 - Nov 27 with 1577 views1BobbyHazell

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 20:30 - Nov 27 by Clive_Anderson

"Do you think he invited Adams over to celebrate deaths caused by the IRA or to begin a dialogue that successive governments were so slow to do?"

What dialogue? He only ever spoke to the IRA side and not to the British government or the loyalist side.

" Look where that dialogue has got us now? "

Corbyn did absolutely nothing to help the NI peace process, the idea that it was all started by him or in fact achieved anything of note at all is absolute bollox and I think deep down you know that.

The dialogue I refer to in terms of where we are now is referencing what governments finally achieved by following the likes of Corbyn's lead by talking to Adams and co as opposed to refusing to do so. It was in answer to DW'S attempt to make Corbyn out to be a supporter of IRA violence because of said dialogue, when the reality is dialogue has brought peace. I hope even you can grasp such a simple concept, my breath is not held.

As for trying to state that an MP never spoke at any point to various governments about an issue he was so interested in is ridiculous, even for you. But then I remind myself that you think talking to people on the UK government's Rogue List is worse than selling them the means for mass genocide. Interesting values.
Cor Blimey may have a point. on 21:54 - Nov 27 with 1572 views1BobbyHazell

Cor Blimey may have a point. on 21:15 - Nov 27 by FDC

Lolz. Reminded me of Frankie Boyle's column in the Guarniad:

"Personally, I think that for all our blaming religion, there will be peace in the Middle East when the oil runs out. But knowing their luck, then somebody will invent a way of making fuel by mixing sand and falafel"

Loved that piece.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024