Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ale was simply superb! 17:43 - Nov 28 with 3689 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Wow, a man of the match performance from Ale Faurlin this afternoon...it was a pleasure to watch! God I hope for everybody's sake that he stays fit. He ran that game - it was likes his pre knee problems days.

A great team performance all round - why can't Warnock commit until at least the end of the season.

The only worry today was how lost Phillips looked as a striker. He was useful again when put back out wide.

It is a worry that we only have Charlie.

But all in all a cracking performance.

Love it.
Ale was simply superb! on 17:46 - Nov 28 with 3157 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Ale was on fine form and really glad to see him whipping in those corners, plus I got to throw the ball to him for one of the corners fnar
Ale was simply superb! on 17:47 - Nov 28 with 3138 viewsstuabd

Fantastic. It seems like ages since we got some just back comments like these. It's Saturday and all is good.
Ale was simply superb! on 17:57 - Nov 28 with 3064 viewsNortholt_Rs

We don't only have Charlie. We have JET too.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ale was simply superb! on 18:01 - Nov 28 with 3033 viewsAgedR

Brilliant today.

Imagine what a player he could have been had he stayed fit.

So sad.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Ale was simply superb! on 18:09 - Nov 28 with 2993 viewsessextaxiboy

He didnt look dangerously knackered as he has in recent games. Sandro walked off looking ok at.the end as well . Those two are q good match IMO
Ale was simply superb! on 18:11 - Nov 28 with 2972 viewsHunterhoop

As I said on another thread: a pure masterclass from Faurlin. The best player on the pitch by a country mile. Exceptional.
Ale was simply superb! on 19:52 - Nov 28 with 2758 viewsterryb

Sandro & faurlin are a good partnership.

Today we didn't **** it up by taking them off!

Every bit of good football was started by Ale. Thank you to whoever it was who decided to offer Ale another year. Get the next contract signed now!
Ale was simply superb! on 20:20 - Nov 28 with 2660 viewsHunterhoop

Ale was simply superb! on 19:52 - Nov 28 by terryb

Sandro & faurlin are a good partnership.

Today we didn't **** it up by taking them off!

Every bit of good football was started by Ale. Thank you to whoever it was who decided to offer Ale another year. Get the next contract signed now!

Sign him up forever.

*touch wood* no more injuries and he could play out the rest of his career with us and retire as one of our all time legends.
Login to get fewer ads

Ale was simply superb! on 20:29 - Nov 28 with 2614 viewsbosh67

Ale was simply superb! on 20:20 - Nov 28 by Hunterhoop

Sign him up forever.

*touch wood* no more injuries and he could play out the rest of his career with us and retire as one of our all time legends.

He'll need a player like Sandro around him. They must coach Doughty to be able to do the same job. Sandro smashes the midfield, you can start to see what he does and why he is so good.

Best moment of the game, Faurlin in the centre circle surrounded by 3 players. Two drag backs and all 3 were on their arse and he was the other side of them. Sublime skill.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ale was simply superb! on 20:39 - Nov 28 with 2561 viewsrichranger

Agreed Ale was class - as was Sandro. Reminded me of the Holloway/Wilkins era - with Sandro in the Holloway role
Ale was simply superb! on 20:58 - Nov 28 with 2512 viewsClive_Anderson

Was Faurlin injured before or did Ramsey just not rate him?
Ale was simply superb! on 21:03 - Nov 28 with 2490 viewsPunteR

Ale was simply superb! on 20:58 - Nov 28 by Clive_Anderson

Was Faurlin injured before or did Ramsey just not rate him?

Ramsey obviously rated him.I thought Ramsey looked after Faurlin well. He never pushed him back from his injury despite him needing Faurlin. Credit to Ramsey. Unlike Hughes.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ale was simply superb! on 21:11 - Nov 28 with 2458 viewsbobby

Yes Faurlin and Sandro controlled the midfield..

also an unusual cheer for the ref today who was excellent

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Ale was simply superb! on 21:22 - Nov 28 with 2418 viewsbaz_qpr

Ale was simply superb! on 20:29 - Nov 28 by bosh67

He'll need a player like Sandro around him. They must coach Doughty to be able to do the same job. Sandro smashes the midfield, you can start to see what he does and why he is so good.

Best moment of the game, Faurlin in the centre circle surrounded by 3 players. Two drag backs and all 3 were on their arse and he was the other side of them. Sublime skill.

Sandro reads the game so well. I've always thought that these two are perfect for each other, but Ale needs pace in front of him to give him the space to play in. Whatever you think of Warnock he is so much more tactically astute
Ale was simply superb! on 21:30 - Nov 28 with 2384 viewswelwynranger

Ale was simply superb! on 21:11 - Nov 28 by bobby

Yes Faurlin and Sandro controlled the midfield..

also an unusual cheer for the ref today who was excellent

Agreed about the ref. best moment when he played on when we had advantage then when the ball went for a throw about 60 yards from the incident. . Booked the Leeds player . Good to see
Ale was simply superb! on 21:42 - Nov 28 with 2348 viewsbosh67

Ale was simply superb! on 21:30 - Nov 28 by welwynranger

Agreed about the ref. best moment when he played on when we had advantage then when the ball went for a throw about 60 yards from the incident. . Booked the Leeds player . Good to see

Yes, ref was excellent. I thought the ref in the Boro game was good and this guy was good at stepping in quickly to calm things and being sensible with players. Hardly noticed him. Always a good sign.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ale was simply superb! on 21:50 - Nov 28 with 2322 viewsolderR

Ale was simply superb! on 20:29 - Nov 28 by bosh67

Was that when he then rolled it to Phillips who gave it straight back to the nearest Leeds player?

Made me weep.
Ale was simply superb! on 21:51 - Nov 28 with 2319 viewsolderR

Ale was simply superb! on 21:03 - Nov 28 by PunteR

Ramsey obviously rated him.I thought Ramsey looked after Faurlin well. He never pushed him back from his injury despite him needing Faurlin. Credit to Ramsey. Unlike Hughes.

Is Warnock over playing him then?
Ale was simply superb! on 22:03 - Nov 28 with 2282 viewsPunteR

Ale was simply superb! on 21:51 - Nov 28 by olderR

Is Warnock over playing him then?

No. I'm just saying Ramsey didnt,hence we're starting to see the best of him again.
Let's be honest,some of us thought Faurlin wouldn't play at this level again after 3 ACL's.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ale was simply superb! on 00:08 - Nov 29 with 2101 viewsessextaxiboy

Ale was simply superb! on 22:03 - Nov 28 by PunteR

No. I'm just saying Ramsey didnt,hence we're starting to see the best of him again.
Let's be honest,some of us thought Faurlin wouldn't play at this level again after 3 ACL's.

I have to admit I cr'p myself when he jumps for those midfield headers , especially towards the end of the game .
Ale was simply superb! on 06:25 - Nov 29 with 1997 viewsBklynRanger

Ale was simply superb! on 17:46 - Nov 28 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Ale was on fine form and really glad to see him whipping in those corners, plus I got to throw the ball to him for one of the corners fnar

Respect to you for just adding that in man. I'd have started 3 threads if that had happened to me!
Ale was simply superb! on 08:27 - Nov 29 with 1912 viewssevenhoop

Ale was simply superb! on 00:08 - Nov 29 by essextaxiboy

I have to admit I cr'p myself when he jumps for those midfield headers , especially towards the end of the game .

worse still, he always seems to go in for tackles with legs stretched right out and it makes you cringe. He is a quality, quality player.

I wonder if Neil thinks this was the type of game for him (FFS!) rather than Karl Henry. if Faurlin is available, play him, simple as that
Ale was simply superb! on 12:07 - Nov 29 with 1785 viewssimmo

Hard to remember a player so far ahead of the rest of his peers, there were some good performances yesterday but that was simply immense from Faurlin. I was interested to hear the thoughts of certain parts of R block that usually boo his name!

The big difference for me is that his spring is back, he has always been a passer but that leap that used to mean we won 2nd balls was back today, we got the ball back higher up the pitch because he was dominating in the air as well as the floor. Love him, fingers crossed he stays fit and doesn't get overused. Credit to both Warnock and Ramsey, the former for getting his top levels back out of him and the latter for protecting him and bringing him back properly.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ale was simply superb! on 04:06 - Nov 30 with 1579 viewsNeil_SI

Ale was simply superb! on 08:27 - Nov 29 by sevenhoop

worse still, he always seems to go in for tackles with legs stretched right out and it makes you cringe. He is a quality, quality player.

I wonder if Neil thinks this was the type of game for him (FFS!) rather than Karl Henry. if Faurlin is available, play him, simple as that

Ah I see.

I wondered why you called me out in that other thread. You misunderstand me I'm afraid.

I provide my thoughts and analysis based on what I see, it doesn't have any bearing whether I'd select one player over another. So your comparison between Henry and Faurlin from my point of view is flawed and totally irrelevant.

They are very different types of players in the midfield area, and we've had trouble finding the right balance or pairing for a while, mainly due to a combination of issues of the various strengths and weaknesses of those players and their current circumstances in terms of fitness and form.

Please don't get my feedback confused as to whether I have a preference for one over another when I'm discussing them specifically. I don't, and that type of stuff doesn't interest me and never has and even if I did, I would seldom share that here. But I do think there are types of games and styles that suit different players, Faurlin or otherwise.

In Faurlin's case, it's an exceptional circumstance because of his history of injuries. There are two sides to that. One is the opposition being able to prey on his weaknesses, made worse by those injuries, the other is the intensity that he can be put under in this early part of his recovery — which increases the danger or likelihood of him hurting himself again, which you highlighted yourself when you cringe by the way he tackles with his legs stretched out. Remember how Mark Hughes and co flogged him to death unnecessarily?

Nobody wants that, do they? Part of my analysis is because I worry about the health of the player and because I like him a lot for different reasons. On the other side, I'm generally protective and sympathetic towards all of our players, Henry and all, because sometimes some of us need to be, seeing as they're our own. Maybe that's not obvious to you, but I find it sickening that so many are willing to berate our own.

There's no dispute about Faurlin's quality but in football terms, quality is measured by consistency of performance not only over the course of a full 90 minutes, but week on week. He is clearly some way from getting back to that yet, and that's the question he needs to answer. It would however be unfair to think he could get there from the outset, given he's been out for almost three seasons prior to this one. And the reality is, it's very difficult to get back to that, but lets hope he can prove it's possible.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 4:08]
Ale was simply superb! on 08:15 - Nov 30 with 1508 viewssimmo

He might have meant NEIL Warnock?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 8:16]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024