Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Team Performance 17:48 - Nov 28 with 8168 viewsDWQPR

Of the season so far, looked much more cohesive from back to front and once Austin and Chery came on we really looked threatening and able to score at will. If it wasn't for their keeper it would have been 3-0 at a minimum. Will say though that Dirty Lids were the worst side this season by a long way and scoring nil flattered them. Good to see Faurlin and Sandro last 90 minutes and dominate the midfield. Hopefully now onwards and upwards.

One other thing I noticed. Suddenly we looked a whole lot fitter than we have all season.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 17:51]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Best Team Performance on 10:57 - Nov 30 with 1317 viewsJonDoeman

Best Team Performance on 10:48 - Nov 30 by Northernr

For the last 30 minutes it was. For the hour before that, all of the Preston game and all but ten minutes of the Middlesbrough game it's been as dull as anything I've seen.

Thought the first half v Preston was good. Don't think the first half Saturday was as bad as you're trying to make out either. You're coming across as having an agenda about Ramsey's sacking .

It Is What It Is !!

Best Team Performance on 11:00 - Nov 30 with 1311 viewssimmo

Best Team Performance on 08:31 - Nov 29 by sevenhoop

agreed hunter - and Sandro came into his own too.

look, it's not rocket science. play the best players in their best positions and you get a performance. that means never ever play karl henry again and don't listen to the shite from the likes of Neil trying to say that this particular game or that isn't the "right type of game" for Faurlin to play in.

As much as I agree that you should play players in their best positions where possible, there's still a lot to be said for protecting people and making use of the squad, especially in the Championship. We've seen Faurlin rushed back too often, same with a few others, there's no long term value in it. Can Faurlin play 3 games a week? I doubt it and I would be disappointed to try and make him do so.

There's also defintiely a case for the 'horses for courses' method. As much as I love Faurlin, he does struggle against certain opposition in a certain team set-up (2 men flat midfield for example). At boro he was one of our worst players 1st half and was constantly getting caught static and having to foul. He was never quick and his manouevrability is worse than pre-injury, so it would be worth considering the strengths and limitations of our players dependent on who's available and the job we're planning on doing.

Of course in the right type of game with the right people around him, Faurlin is probably the best in the league at what he does, but that's not to say there's not a time and place for others. The Henry sub on Saturday for example was a very good one and helped us see out the win.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Best Team Performance on 11:00 - Nov 30 with 1308 viewsNorthernr

Best Team Performance on 10:57 - Nov 30 by JonDoeman

Thought the first half v Preston was good. Don't think the first half Saturday was as bad as you're trying to make out either. You're coming across as having an agenda about Ramsey's sacking .

Haven't mentioned Ramsey once. He's gone, he's been gone for weeks, he's irrelevant.
Best Team Performance on 11:01 - Nov 30 with 1301 viewsNorthernr

Best Team Performance on 10:52 - Nov 30 by paulparker

Cant be duller than what Arry served up a couple of seasons back or the glorious second mick harford reign of terror

It's actually very similar to the Redknapp style - stay in shape, keep hold of the ball, hope Charlie scores us a goal.
Best Team Performance on 11:03 - Nov 30 with 1295 viewssimmo

Best Team Performance on 10:57 - Nov 30 by JonDoeman

The first half was shite, watch it back, it was dull and predictable. Some decent forays from Hoilett especially, but there was nothing clear cut created, Leeds were crap and we I don't think we tested the keeper once. We came close at set pieces I think, but again not testing anyone. They had the best chance in the half with Green's brain fart (standard).

Best Team Performance on 11:08 - Nov 30 with 1286 viewsdaveB

Best Team Performance on 10:56 - Nov 30 by bosh67

We are at least playing like a recognisable football team again.

I must be missing something as It all seemed very similar to the crap I've been watching for 3 years really. We usually look pretty clueless until Austin scores and if that gives us a lead we look a confident team who can beat anyone.
Best Team Performance on 11:21 - Nov 30 with 1264 viewsfrancisbowles

Whilst we were far from brilliant and didn't create any real chances, I didn't think the first half was too bad. I thought we played quite well as a team moving the ball well and fairly quick and getting down the flanks with Petrasso, helped by Hoilet , and Yun with Konchesky overlapping to give an option. There were also strong performances by Ned, Hall, Sandro and Faurlin and reasonable efforts from the other two outfield payers.

Yes Leeds were dire but when you look at their recent away record, was it that they simply had an awful day or did we possibly make them look so bad?
Best Team Performance on 11:33 - Nov 30 with 1250 viewssimmo

Best Team Performance on 11:21 - Nov 30 by francisbowles

Whilst we were far from brilliant and didn't create any real chances, I didn't think the first half was too bad. I thought we played quite well as a team moving the ball well and fairly quick and getting down the flanks with Petrasso, helped by Hoilet , and Yun with Konchesky overlapping to give an option. There were also strong performances by Ned, Hall, Sandro and Faurlin and reasonable efforts from the other two outfield payers.

Yes Leeds were dire but when you look at their recent away record, was it that they simply had an awful day or did we possibly make them look so bad?

I'm not saying we were shit or completely useless first half, we just didn't have a focal point. Phillips drifted and it meant the only people in the area to receive crosses and so on were Hoilett and occasionally YSY. There were also a lot of balls played direct to Phillips head, but he actually did well with them, considering.

As for Leeds they were literally that bad, the worst team I think we’ve played so far. MK Dons and Rotherham we dominated, but MK Dons played good stuff, just not at our level and Rotherham were pre-new manager and met us while we were in form. Leeds didn’t create (didn’t even try to) and were disorganised at the back, especially for set-pieces. When they did have the ball they played diagonals, usually from the centre backs either in behind our full backs or roughly towards Chris Wood. It was a proper ‘channels’ job and their 2 better players, Cook and Mowatt, were completely out the game because of it.

Login to get fewer ads

Best Team Performance on 11:35 - Nov 30 with 1243 viewsMvpeter

The performances have been much improved. We're passing the football on the floor forward with purpose and we're organised. Our substitutions strengthen the team. There's a gameplan beyond looking forlorn on the sideline.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Best Team Performance on 11:43 - Nov 30 with 1232 viewsNW10Hoop

The 2nd half was the best I've seen Rangers since the Rotherham game. And even though we were only one goal up there didn't seem to be that sense of inevitability that we were gonna muck it up in the 89th minute that has become the norm in the past couple of years.
Best Team Performance on 11:45 - Nov 30 with 1229 viewspaulparker

Best Team Performance on 11:35 - Nov 30 by Mvpeter

The performances have been much improved. We're passing the football on the floor forward with purpose and we're organised. Our substitutions strengthen the team. There's a gameplan beyond looking forlorn on the sideline.

Spot on

at least NW isn't afraid to make a change and not stand there with a blank expression on his chops ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best Team Performance on 11:53 - Nov 30 with 1221 viewsjohncharles

Best Team Performance on 11:03 - Nov 30 by simmo

The first half was shite, watch it back, it was dull and predictable. Some decent forays from Hoilett especially, but there was nothing clear cut created, Leeds were crap and we I don't think we tested the keeper once. We came close at set pieces I think, but again not testing anyone. They had the best chance in the half with Green's brain fart (standard).

I haven't seen it on the TV but at the ground the first half wasn't that bad. We looked organised and everyone willing to work hard. Great to see Petrasso getting a run out (where are all those people calling for the younger players to be given a chance ?) It took about half an hour to realise just how bad Leeds were but for that half hour they did get forward and their strikers made some good runs. We didn't know then that they hadn't been told where the goal was.
With Philips up front we played a holding game until we sussed out the opposition. Everyone knew Charlie would be coming on later and Philips would would move to the wing.

Strong and stable my arse.

Best Team Performance on 11:58 - Nov 30 with 1211 viewsA40Bosh

One benefit of being down in the Championship is that at least QPR Player now shows all 90min coverage for when I can't get to a game. Maybe it was because I knew we had already won when watching it back last night, but I enjoyed the commentary provided by BBC London with Phil Parry as co commentator as well.

I know you can only beat what is there in front of you, but I have to say that Leeds were absolutely dire. I know others have already waxed lyrical about Ale and Sandro together and that Ned and Hall have formed a very solid partnership at the back, but the fact remains that Saturday highlighted again that "No Austin = No Goals".

Not sure where JET was, is he injured, because when he is on his game he at least will chip in with some goals too, but that is something we have to be very mindful of come the start of the January window and we had better start praying Charlie does not get sold in January.

Good to see that JH appears to have his mojo back again. I suppose the plus side is that even if there is still little end product, at least when he has the ball and is attacking the opposition fullbacks it means we have possession and the opponents don't!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Best Team Performance on 12:06 - Nov 30 with 1186 viewssimmo

Best Team Performance on 11:45 - Nov 30 by paulparker

Spot on

at least NW isn't afraid to make a change and not stand there with a blank expression on his chops ,

I have to say I like the subs being made, the Henry one at the end for example was a good change to make at the right time, we all had our bits and pieces to say about Ramsey but that's not the sort of change being made before and it helps a lot to affect a game.

Best Team Performance on 12:12 - Nov 30 with 1159 viewsNW5Hoop

Best Team Performance on 11:35 - Nov 30 by Mvpeter

"Our substitutions strengthen the team."

You're right. But that's a problem. Substititions shouldn't strengthen the team. They should deal with injuries and tactical conundrums. They shouldn't mean the team has a stronger XI than it started with. Warnock's selections, across all three games, have been odd. And for all the cheering about how much better we look (which, like several others here, I don't see), our record under him is the mighty …
P3 W1 D1 L1 GF 1 GA1 Pts 4
Best Team Performance on 12:13 - Nov 30 with 1159 viewspaulparker

Best Team Performance on 12:06 - Nov 30 by simmo

I have to say I like the subs being made, the Henry one at the end for example was a good change to make at the right time, we all had our bits and pieces to say about Ramsey but that's not the sort of change being made before and it helps a lot to affect a game.

NW loves strikers if you look at the clubs he has been at before he always has about 4 in the squad , and if things don't go well or its a tight 0-0 then he changes it
I don't think he wants to play no one up top , its just that beyond Austin we don't really have anyone of any note to really trust ,
I expect us to go to reading and frustrate them ala Boro and try and nick a point , if anything NW has done a good job to steady the ship until JFH comes in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best Team Performance on 12:33 - Nov 30 with 1129 viewsJamie

The long overdue inclusion of Petrasso basically encapsulates the state of the club. We had Redknapp whinging all last season that he had 'no legs', whilst he had a kid who had earned rave reviews out on loan, and who can play anywhere across the front line more than willing to run at defenders, albeit admittedly Arry won't have ever heard of him.

Then we had Rambo giving token chances to a string of youngsters, yet despite our noticeable gulf of space between midfield and the lone striker all season, Petrasso not amongst them, despite Rambo giving Blackwood - who Newport didn't fancy - a chance ahead of Polter who he spent £1m on...

Shambles of a club. Hopefully JFH is given a sensible remit and a genuine chance to blood a few youngsters this season. I know, I jest..
Best Team Performance on 13:21 - Nov 30 with 1065 viewsjonno

Best Team Performance on 11:08 - Nov 30 by daveB

I must be missing something as It all seemed very similar to the crap I've been watching for 3 years really. We usually look pretty clueless until Austin scores and if that gives us a lead we look a confident team who can beat anyone.

That's the answer. Bring in Paul McKenna to hypnotise the players into believing we're a goal up before the game starts.
Best Team Performance on 13:29 - Nov 30 with 1053 viewsadhoc_qpr

Best Team Performance on 12:33 - Nov 30 by Jamie

The long overdue inclusion of Petrasso basically encapsulates the state of the club. We had Redknapp whinging all last season that he had 'no legs', whilst he had a kid who had earned rave reviews out on loan, and who can play anywhere across the front line more than willing to run at defenders, albeit admittedly Arry won't have ever heard of him.

Then we had Rambo giving token chances to a string of youngsters, yet despite our noticeable gulf of space between midfield and the lone striker all season, Petrasso not amongst them, despite Rambo giving Blackwood - who Newport didn't fancy - a chance ahead of Polter who he spent £1m on...

Shambles of a club. Hopefully JFH is given a sensible remit and a genuine chance to blood a few youngsters this season. I know, I jest..

I don't really think we'd be much worse off in terms of position and points if we'd regularly included Petrasso, Doughty, Furlong/Harriman and Yun/Kpekawa in the match day squad/team - but we would know a lot more about what those players are about.

I mean Hall was only supposed to be a squad rotation player but looks a nailed on starter now having been given his chance due to injuries.
Best Team Performance on 13:41 - Nov 30 with 1024 viewsMvpeter

Best Team Performance on 12:12 - Nov 30 by NW5Hoop

"Our substitutions strengthen the team."

You're right. But that's a problem. Substititions shouldn't strengthen the team. They should deal with injuries and tactical conundrums. They shouldn't mean the team has a stronger XI than it started with. Warnock's selections, across all three games, have been odd. And for all the cheering about how much better we look (which, like several others here, I don't see), our record under him is the mighty …
P3 W1 D1 L1 GF 1 GA1 Pts 4

Substitutions should almost always strengthen the team unless you are protecting the one coming off otherwise it's pointless making them. I do not mean it strengthened the team because better players came on, although that may be true, I mean that the substitution made the 11 on the field play better which they did.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Best Team Performance on 13:50 - Nov 30 with 999 viewsconnell10

The real test comes on Thursday.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Best Team Performance on 14:06 - Nov 30 with 975 viewsJamie

Best Team Performance on 13:29 - Nov 30 by adhoc_qpr

I don't really think we'd be much worse off in terms of position and points if we'd regularly included Petrasso, Doughty, Furlong/Harriman and Yun/Kpekawa in the match day squad/team - but we would know a lot more about what those players are about.

I mean Hall was only supposed to be a squad rotation player but looks a nailed on starter now having been given his chance due to injuries.

The promise of a few youngsters being given a genuine chance was why most gave Ramsey some backing. Whilst I suspect most now see that it was little more than lip service, as is so typical of QPR, we couldn't even do that right.

Furlong & Kpekawa who we could've used, were given token run outs then loaned out. Smithies is warming the bench whilst Cnt Green sees out his mega deal. Blackwood who Newport sent back has been given a chance, Doughty who has acquitted himself well but is realistically 7th or 8th choice CM is in the bench every week, yet Petrasso who gives us an option that we were crying out for never even made the bench.

Just a shambles as usual from QPR, even when concerning the most basic things.
Best Team Performance on 21:38 - Nov 30 with 919 viewsDylanP

Really? Coz what I saw was a team with three full backs, three wingers, and no striker who looked completely hopeless until a striker was finally brought on in the second half. Hmmm, how about we start the game with a striker instead?

I love Warnock. But lets not get carried away. We won 1-0 over a terrible Leeds side at home. If that is the best performance, then we really are in trouble.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024