Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Team Performance 17:48 - Nov 28 with 8224 viewsDWQPR

Of the season so far, looked much more cohesive from back to front and once Austin and Chery came on we really looked threatening and able to score at will. If it wasn't for their keeper it would have been 3-0 at a minimum. Will say though that Dirty Lids were the worst side this season by a long way and scoring nil flattered them. Good to see Faurlin and Sandro last 90 minutes and dominate the midfield. Hopefully now onwards and upwards.

One other thing I noticed. Suddenly we looked a whole lot fitter than we have all season.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 17:51]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Best Team Performance on 17:52 - Nov 28 with 4900 viewspaulparker

Amazing what can happen with a decent manager in charge
Well done NW and the team
Btw how did patrasso do ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best Team Performance on 17:59 - Nov 28 with 4854 viewsDWQPR

Best Team Performance on 17:52 - Nov 28 by paulparker

He looked good. Linked up well with Hoilett and had the confidence to take on the defender and also never let his defender rest. Got a standing ovation when substituted.

Best Team Performance on 17:59 - Nov 28 with 4854 viewsTrom

Thought Hoilet looked a different player today. Massive improvement in passing and moving through the midfield first half. Clearly lacked a finish to the end of pretty passing moves. That issue was resolved second half with the introduction of Austin. Thought Philips looked good all game (rather than the usual 10 minute cameo in the second half), Sandro added solidity and Faulin the incisiveness moving forward. Patrasso didn't look up to speed in the team to me hopefully he improves with subsequent games.
Best Team Performance on 18:01 - Nov 28 with 4837 viewsNortholt_Rs

Best Team Performance on 17:52 - Nov 28 by paulparker

He had a solid game - will have done his confidence the world of good. Rs looked good all round particularly after the subs came on. COYRs

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Best Team Performance on 18:03 - Nov 28 with 4808 viewsHAYESBOY

Petrasso did well. Very small but looks good on the ball and always looking to get the ball and quicken the play.
The football was so much better today. Hoilett was great, Ale dictating the play from the middle. Sandro's presence letting Ale play the ball to feet or into space.
Not sure why JET wasn't on the bench or starting but Phillips up top is not an option even if Charlie is not available.
Should have been 3 really as a blatant pen on Hoilett first half and Chery should not have given the keeper a chance to save his dragged shot second half.
Defence looked solid, abliet until last 5 mins with long balls into the box, but still generally dealt with those as well.
A game we dominated on play and very good to watch as well.
For me though when Fer is back I would have Hoilett out left and Fer in the number 10 role. Yun did well first half but probably should not have come out second half as obviously injured from the clattering he took first half.

Good win and very encouraging.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Best Team Performance on 18:09 - Nov 28 with 4753 viewsDWQPR

Best Team Performance on 18:03 - Nov 28 by HAYESBOY

Petrasso did well. Very small but looks good on the ball and always looking to get the ball and quicken the play.
The football was so much better today. Hoilett was great, Ale dictating the play from the middle. Sandro's presence letting Ale play the ball to feet or into space.
Not sure why JET wasn't on the bench or starting but Phillips up top is not an option even if Charlie is not available.
Should have been 3 really as a blatant pen on Hoilett first half and Chery should not have given the keeper a chance to save his dragged shot second half.
Defence looked solid, abliet until last 5 mins with long balls into the box, but still generally dealt with those as well.
A game we dominated on play and very good to watch as well.
For me though when Fer is back I would have Hoilett out left and Fer in the number 10 role. Yun did well first half but probably should not have come out second half as obviously injured from the clattering he took first half.

Good win and very encouraging.

I wouldn't have Fer near the team. Slows the game down and frankly is not very good.

Best Team Performance on 18:13 - Nov 28 with 4718 viewsHunterhoop

Not because of Warnock.

Because of Ale Faurlin. One of the GREAT centre midfield displays of the last decade at QPR.
Best Team Performance on 18:16 - Nov 28 with 4702 views100percent

I thought Sandro was dominant today - really gave Faurlin the space to play football. Petrasso did well but I would have played JET in the Phillips position up front and put Phillips on the wing where he looks more dangerous.
The score flattered Leeds, although Hall yet again had a great game against a very strong Woods upfront for them.
Lots of positives from today - the substitutions changed the game completely, we over ran them fromn that point.
Login to get fewer ads

Best Team Performance on 18:21 - Nov 28 with 4651 views100percent

Also forgot to mention Hoilett - great credit to him today, had a really solid game and refused to be bullied - more of this needed from him...
Best Team Performance on 18:26 - Nov 28 with 4614 viewsrichranger

Agreed we looked really solid today - but not much goal threat until the double substitution. Of course Charlie really changed things. A striker playing up front, who would have thought...
Special word for Chery too - added much needed pace to our play. Should start in the number 10 role in every game.
Best Team Performance on 18:45 - Nov 28 with 4502 viewsted_hendrix

All pretty positive reading for a change which is obviously good.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Best Team Performance on 18:56 - Nov 28 with 4444 viewsElHoop

Best Team Performance on 18:16 - Nov 28 by 100percent

I thought Sandro was dominant today - really gave Faurlin the space to play football. Petrasso did well but I would have played JET in the Phillips position up front and put Phillips on the wing where he looks more dangerous.
The score flattered Leeds, although Hall yet again had a great game against a very strong Woods upfront for them.
Lots of positives from today - the substitutions changed the game completely, we over ran them fromn that point.

Yeah pretty much how I saw it today. Sandro actually looked like The Beast for the first time ever for me anyway. What was that run up the left wing all about? - never thought he had it in him. Faurlin was a great partner for Sandro. Full backs still not offering enough but when Austin came on we had two good wide men in Phillips and Hoilett. But who would have scored if we didn't have Charlie to bring on?
Best Team Performance on 18:58 - Nov 28 with 4427 viewsKaos_Agent

Best Team Performance on 18:21 - Nov 28 by 100percent

Also forgot to mention Hoilett - great credit to him today, had a really solid game and refused to be bullied - more of this needed from him...

The 2 games he played for Canada during the recent international break must have bolstered his confidence. He got positive reviews and was very upbeat during interviews after both games.

"Then it has all been in vain. The fellowship has failed." "Not if we hold true to each other."

Best Team Performance on 19:00 - Nov 28 with 4403 viewsvegasranger

Thanks for the reports gents. I'm not sure why game coverage of the Championship has dropped so much since 2 years ago. I think I saw over 50% of the games the last time we went up. Sounds like we put in a good performance for the whole 90 minutes. Fitness must be improving !!
Best Team Performance on 19:02 - Nov 28 with 4391 viewsHantsR

Just back - what a delight that was!

Every team member played their part, good passing, winning and keeping possession, chasing everything with a fitter-looking and more determined squad and supporting each other well.
Some gilt-edged chances created but their goalie was up to most of them.

Ale gave a craftsman's master class display.

Leeds weren't quite the worst team we've faced this season but we made them look very ordinary. Their fans agreed, I think.
Best Team Performance on 19:07 - Nov 28 with 4357 viewsjohncharles

Best Team Performance on 18:21 - Nov 28 by 100percent

Junior could have nicked MOTM but I guess it will go to Charlie. Big shouts for Ale sand Sandro but personally I would give it to Warnock.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 19:42]

Strong and stable my arse.

Best Team Performance on 19:15 - Nov 28 with 4314 viewsbrewers_hoop

Played well a few times this season - Hull springs immediately to mind - but the difference is this time we won.

Great to see Ale lasting the full 90 - definite MOM and fully deserving of his own thread.

But...it was a game of two halves. Controlled things in the first half without really threatening and had to question the wisdom of the 'false nine' set-up again. Is JET injured or does his face not fit (not even on bench) and is Polter really that bad?

Problem you had was that Phillips kept drifting out to the wing and there was no-one to get on the end of anything. Think the Chief's 30-yard howitzer was the closet we came.

Cometh the hour, cometh the men. Fabulous delivery from Faurlin (why hasn't he been on corners all season?) and instinctive finish from Chas.

Fantastic pressure for the next 10 mins and only criticism was we didn't score, creating a tense last 10. But all told....get in there!!!
Best Team Performance on 19:47 - Nov 28 with 4152 viewsjohncharles

Talking about corners, the best I've seen for about 3 or 4 years.

Strong and stable my arse.

Best Team Performance on 20:12 - Nov 28 with 4047 viewsbosh67

Ale is looking back to his best, God I hope it lasts. He makes a massive difference but I think we have a chance if we can keep Sandro around him. Sandro, for the second week, I thought made a huge difference to the way Faurlin plays. He breaks everything up to the point where players start bottling it when he commits to a tackle. That allows Faurlin to do what he does so well without so much of an injury risk. They really should be coaching Doughty to do the Sandro job if Sandro is out. But that duo is one of the best in this league and it showed today.

Admittedly Leeds were pretty abject but to be fair to Rangers, we totally dominated them and for once we had more pace than they did. If their keeper wasn't so good we could have racked up 2 or 3 more. Once Charlie and Chery came on, played behind Charlie (Hallelujah) someone has seen that Chery is best down the middle.

As brilliant as Faurlin was today I have to give Hall another huge shout. He was brilliant today. He won everything, he broke up everything, again to the point where the strikers almost admitted defeat. What a signing that kid is.

Well done Neil. We finally look like a proper football team again. It goes to prove there is not much wrong with the players. You just need a manager who knows how to set them up so they know what to do and express themselves. There was a paath in the 2nd half after Charlie came on, for about 25 minutes, where we were unplayable.

One good one bad. Good, Hoilett, playing his heart out. Good to see. Bad. Green, did someone lose his PS controller? He was completely static on a number of occasions where a better team would have punished him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Best Team Performance on 20:39 - Nov 28 with 3948 viewsPunteR

Nice to read good things about the team. Is this the Warnock factor?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Best Team Performance on 20:46 - Nov 28 with 3916 viewsDWQPR

Best Team Performance on 20:39 - Nov 28 by PunteR

Nice to read good things about the team. Is this the Warnock factor?

If the Warnock factor is getting a team organised, getting players to do their job, getting the ball to players who make the team tick then very much yes. Always difficult to say how good a team played when the opposition was so poor, but then were we good enough that Leeds were just not good enough to cope or were they really that shît. But whatever, I was pleased with the performance as it was the most cohesive of the season and many a player had their best game of the season today.

Best Team Performance on 21:19 - Nov 28 with 3812 viewsbaz_qpr

Best Team Performance on 20:46 - Nov 28 by DWQPR

If the Warnock factor is getting a team organised, getting players to do their job, getting the ball to players who make the team tick then very much yes. Always difficult to say how good a team played when the opposition was so poor, but then were we good enough that Leeds were just not good enough to cope or were they really that shît. But whatever, I was pleased with the performance as it was the most cohesive of the season and many a player had their best game of the season today.

Hoilett was also a big factor in giving Ale the space to play, I thought he did excellent and I quite liked him in the 10 role.

On a separate note Austin would have had a hat trick 1st half if on the pitch, there at least 3 blinding crosses without anyone on the end of them that would have been gobbled up by Charlie
Best Team Performance on 21:28 - Nov 28 with 3789 viewsstevec

If anyone had still got Ramsey in their system I trust today's performance has finally flushed it out
Best Team Performance on 21:39 - Nov 28 with 3762 viewsbosh67

Best Team Performance on 21:28 - Nov 28 by stevec

If anyone had still got Ramsey in their system I trust today's performance has finally flushed it out

I think today proved something that some of us really felt. The problem wasn't with the players. Ramsey, lovely bloke, but we never looked like a team.

Neil v Preston - At least organised.
Neil v Boro - Better team 2nd half, unlucky to lose
Neil v Leeds - Looked like Rangers of old - especially when Charlie and Chery came on. For 25 mins we were unplayable

3 games in we look look a football team that deserves to be top half.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Best Team Performance on 01:14 - Nov 29 with 3606 viewsTacticalR

Whatever the team performance that could have easily been a draw if Austin hadn't come on and given Leeds the jitters. After that the game opened up.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 1:16]

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024