Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Team Performance 17:48 - Nov 28 with 8223 viewsDWQPR

Of the season so far, looked much more cohesive from back to front and once Austin and Chery came on we really looked threatening and able to score at will. If it wasn't for their keeper it would have been 3-0 at a minimum. Will say though that Dirty Lids were the worst side this season by a long way and scoring nil flattered them. Good to see Faurlin and Sandro last 90 minutes and dominate the midfield. Hopefully now onwards and upwards.

One other thing I noticed. Suddenly we looked a whole lot fitter than we have all season.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 17:51]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Best Team Performance on 05:33 - Nov 29 with 2049 viewsHooparoo

It's great to wake up on Sunday morning to read positive reviews and see that 3 or 4 players could have been named man of the match. Warnock has obviously got through to the players and its a pleasant change to hear everyone on here sounding positive and satisfied.

I particularly liked Warnock's comment about Sandro getting a round of applause when he walked in to the dressing room. Sounds like there's still plenty of good spirit in the group.

Lets hope we've turned a corner.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Best Team Performance on 06:06 - Nov 29 with 2027 viewsElHoop

Nice one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/-pMPjRqqoH/
Best Team Performance on 06:57 - Nov 29 with 2003 viewsPommyhoop

Best Team Performance on 06:06 - Nov 29 by ElHoop

Nice one:

Lovely corner and header.Love it...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Best Team Performance on 08:00 - Nov 29 with 1947 viewsElHoop

They seemed to give Austin a free header - unbelievable really. Haven't they heard about him?
Best Team Performance on 08:02 - Nov 29 with 1942 viewsstuabd

Best Team Performance on 08:00 - Nov 29 by ElHoop

They seemed to give Austin a free header - unbelievable really. Haven't they heard about him?

It was like a training ground practice corner. Here you go Charlie.
Best Team Performance on 08:31 - Nov 29 with 1900 viewssevenhoop

Best Team Performance on 18:13 - Nov 28 by Hunterhoop

Not because of Warnock.

Because of Ale Faurlin. One of the GREAT centre midfield displays of the last decade at QPR.

agreed hunter - and Sandro came into his own too.

look, it's not rocket science. play the best players in their best positions and you get a performance. that means never ever play karl henry again and don't listen to the shite from the likes of Neil trying to say that this particular game or that isn't the "right type of game" for Faurlin to play in.
Best Team Performance on 08:36 - Nov 29 with 1896 viewsdaveB

I thought we were pretty poor first half, was no different to games under Ramsey. Playing without a striker again was daft and just meant the two playing up front were always going wide to get the ball and no one was in the middle.

Once Austin came on and we got the goal the game changed and with Hoilett and Phillips out wide they looked far more comfortable and Faurlin ran the show in midfield. Good win and similar to the MK Dons match where the first goal changed the game completely.
Best Team Performance on 09:37 - Nov 29 with 1837 viewsBushman

Best Team Performance on 18:13 - Nov 28 by Hunterhoop

Not because of Warnock.

Because of Ale Faurlin. One of the GREAT centre midfield displays of the last decade at QPR.

Kinda was about Warnock as he loves Ale & ramsey rarely played him ..

Ned also had a stormer after what have been some frankly abject performances and Hoilet also looks reenergised.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 9:52]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Login to get fewer ads

Best Team Performance on 09:45 - Nov 29 with 1824 viewsjohncharles

Best Team Performance on 08:02 - Nov 29 by stuabd

It was like a training ground practice corner. Here you go Charlie.

It did look like we had been working on it in training. Wonder why we never thought of that before.

Strong and stable my arse.

Best Team Performance on 10:21 - Nov 29 with 1774 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great to hear so many positive reviews. I'm so excited I'm afraid I might wee.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best Team Performance on 11:00 - Nov 29 with 1723 viewsRed_Ranger

Best Team Performance on 06:06 - Nov 29 by ElHoop

Nice one:

great goal - shocking defending though.
Best Team Performance on 11:05 - Nov 29 with 1720 viewsNW5Hoop

I must have been watching a different game to you lot. We were playing an awful, awful team, and were mostly as bad as them in them in the first half. The game changed when Austin and Chery came on, because Austin gave a target and Chery gave some guile in the final third. From 60 to 80 mins we looked good, then Leeds came back strongly and we were very shaky.

Warnock's distrust of Chery, Luongo and JET baffles me. Was JET injured? Everyone here agreed they were the best players before Warnock joined, now everyone's hailing Warnock's selections, as he leaves them out.

I'm delighted we won, but we weren't exactly playing like Barcelona.
Best Team Performance on 11:27 - Nov 29 with 1685 viewsjohncharles

Best Team Performance on 11:05 - Nov 29 by NW5Hoop

I must have been watching a different game to you lot. We were playing an awful, awful team, and were mostly as bad as them in them in the first half. The game changed when Austin and Chery came on, because Austin gave a target and Chery gave some guile in the final third. From 60 to 80 mins we looked good, then Leeds came back strongly and we were very shaky.

Warnock's distrust of Chery, Luongo and JET baffles me. Was JET injured? Everyone here agreed they were the best players before Warnock joined, now everyone's hailing Warnock's selections, as he leaves them out.

Every silver lining has a cloud

Best Team Performance on 11:35 - Nov 29 with 1670 viewsRanger78

Best Team Performance on 11:05 - Nov 29 by NW5Hoop

I'm with you on this.

Yes we look very organised but we had already stopped shipping in goals under Ramsey.

Warnocks selection and starting with no striker was baffling (although, I was happy to see Faurkin start).. if that had of been a Ramsey team selection, the boos would have been ringing out as the players left the tunnel .

Had Austin and a Chery not come on, that game would have fizzled out to another very boring 0-0 draw against an horrific football team.

I'm obviously very happy with the win and there were some very good performances, (Special mention to both CBs, Faurlin and Hoilett ) I'm just adding an air of caution to the Warnock lovefest. I think that Leeds were so bad, I'd be very confident that a Ramsey team would have also won the game.

For me, we still need to get a new manager in place pronto, Warnock is not our future and the longer he stays, it will only cause more disruption when he moves on.
Best Team Performance on 11:42 - Nov 29 with 1659 viewsjohncharles

Best Team Performance on 11:35 - Nov 29 by Ranger78

I'm with you on this.

Yes we look very organised but we had already stopped shipping in goals under Ramsey.

Warnocks selection and starting with no striker was baffling (although, I was happy to see Faurkin start).. if that had of been a Ramsey team selection, the boos would have been ringing out as the players left the tunnel .

Had Austin and a Chery not come on, that game would have fizzled out to another very boring 0-0 draw against an horrific football team.

I'm obviously very happy with the win and there were some very good performances, (Special mention to both CBs, Faurlin and Hoilett ) I'm just adding an air of caution to the Warnock lovefest. I think that Leeds were so bad, I'd be very confident that a Ramsey team would have also won the game.

For me, we still need to get a new manager in place pronto, Warnock is not our future and the longer he stays, it will only cause more disruption when he moves on.

Didn't we win yesterday or was I at a different game ? Three points for fcks sake. Perhaps, just perhaps, Warnock's team selection was right but you just didn't understand it ?

Best Team Performance on 11:52 - Nov 29 with 1547 viewsbaz_qpr

I guess the same people are going to say the same things regardless of objectivity depending on their grand narrative.

Yes we created less actual chances first half because of playing Phillips in the centre forward role (he did play there for Blackpool as well btw)but our approach play was a massive improvement there ,must have been 3 or 4 absolute peaches of crosses from the left that if Austin had been on the pitch we would have been 2 or 3 up at half time. We also moved the ball better with less touches and the wide players played a mixture of going around the outside and cutting in. We actually looked like we might score everytime at corners.

Defensively if we compare say to Rotherham (who IMHO were a worse team) we were 100 times better, we looked solid against the long balls that caused so much panic before. Perch and Green both had mistakes that should have been punished.

To answer the points about Luongo, Chery and JET made by NW5 hoop. I posted about a month ago that I could not see Luongo in a Warnock team, he lacks two key things that Warnock wants pace and strength, so I just don't see where he sits in that team. Chery certainly made a good case for himself today in the 10 position, but I also like Hoilett there today bit of revelation centrally and forced the space for Ale to operate in and lets be honest Chery has been pretty indifferent in the last couple of months

JET is interesting one, on paper a Warnock player, don't know if he is injured, or there is a problem between them. I think he was certainly pretty poor in the last few games he's played. And Poulter is he so bad that he can't get on the bench under two different managers? Surely we should loan him out to a league one club to get some games
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 11:53]
Best Team Performance on 12:05 - Nov 29 with 1523 viewsRanger78

Best Team Performance on 11:42 - Nov 29 by johncharles

Didn't we win yesterday or was I at a different game ? Three points for fcks sake. Perhaps, just perhaps, Warnock's team selection was right but you just didn't understand it ?

I'm very happy with the win and pointed out how impressed so was with certain individual performances.

I'm just trying to highlight that this home win against an utterly rubbish Leeds team is not necessarily a good marker to judge the progress we've made under Warnock.

I'm convinced that had we started with a striker ( if Austin is not fit, then Jet) and Chery, then we would have probably won the game by half time. Leeds were honestly that bad!

I'm also convinced that had Ramsey selected that team, I'd still be able to hear the boos in my ears now. 3 points or not, everyone would be saying he does not know what he's doing.

So yes, I'm very happy with 3 points, its a great feeling and well done to everyone involved. But I'm not buying into Warnock being a miracle worker and that he's made all the difference.

I don't believe a man of his age is our future and I still want the new (right) managed to be appointed as quickly as possible so there can be as little disruption as possible
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 12:07]
Best Team Performance on 13:04 - Nov 29 with 1475 viewsjohncharles

Best Team Performance on 12:05 - Nov 29 by Ranger78

I'm very happy with the win and pointed out how impressed so was with certain individual performances.

I'm just trying to highlight that this home win against an utterly rubbish Leeds team is not necessarily a good marker to judge the progress we've made under Warnock.

I'm convinced that had we started with a striker ( if Austin is not fit, then Jet) and Chery, then we would have probably won the game by half time. Leeds were honestly that bad!

I'm also convinced that had Ramsey selected that team, I'd still be able to hear the boos in my ears now. 3 points or not, everyone would be saying he does not know what he's doing.

So yes, I'm very happy with 3 points, its a great feeling and well done to everyone involved. But I'm not buying into Warnock being a miracle worker and that he's made all the difference.

I don't believe a man of his age is our future and I still want the new (right) managed to be appointed as quickly as possible so there can be as little disruption as possible
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 12:07]

Warnock the miracle worker ? Where the hell did that come from ?
Just congratulations to Neil for getting a win. We looked fitter and more organised. The goal came from a move obviously worked out in training. Do you begrudge Warnock a wee pat on the back ?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 18:51]

Best Team Performance on 18:13 - Nov 29 with 1375 viewsenfieldargh

we attacked with pace, passed the ball quicker than I've seen for some time and less inaccurate passing

real tests around the corner, if we see progression then thats all we can ask for at this time

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Best Team Performance on 09:55 - Nov 30 with 1285 viewsrobith

I try to have a balanced opinion

Good

- Movement much improved, players were overlapping
- Players who've been in a rut looked more energised (Hoilett played ok, didn't really create anything though)
- Ale and Sandro ran the show (though Leeds did keep passing the ball straight to them)

Concerns

- Leeds were absolute pish so let's not nosh ourselves off just yet
Best Team Performance on 10:08 - Nov 30 with 1268 viewsNorthernr

Best Team Performance on 08:00 - Nov 29 by ElHoop

I think that summed up Leeds. We had four corners straight after he came on and he was unmarked for all of them. He was unmarked for the one before the one he scored but didn't get to the ball. All the Leeds players were yelling at their two centre backs about him, and the two centre backs simply pointed at Onuoha and Hall as if to say "we've got out men, you sort it out". Unmarked when he scored from the second, and almost from the fourth. For the third one Chris Wood made a half attempt at going with him. Really pathetic, nice to see a club in a worse state than us.
Best Team Performance on 10:40 - Nov 30 with 1226 viewsMvpeter

Footballs entertaining again!

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Best Team Performance on 10:48 - Nov 30 with 1216 viewsNorthernr

Best Team Performance on 10:40 - Nov 30 by Mvpeter

Footballs entertaining again!

For the last 30 minutes it was. For the hour before that, all of the Preston game and all but ten minutes of the Middlesbrough game it's been as dull as anything I've seen.
Best Team Performance on 10:52 - Nov 30 with 1202 viewspaulparker

Best Team Performance on 10:48 - Nov 30 by Northernr

For the last 30 minutes it was. For the hour before that, all of the Preston game and all but ten minutes of the Middlesbrough game it's been as dull as anything I've seen.

Cant be duller than what Arry served up a couple of seasons back or the glorious second mick harford reign of terror

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best Team Performance on 10:56 - Nov 30 with 1193 viewsbosh67

Best Team Performance on 10:48 - Nov 30 by Northernr

We are at least playing like a recognisable football team again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024