Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens 08:33 - Nov 29 with 4449 viewssevenhoop

for the first time in months, we have not had to suffer a team managed/ 'coached' by Ramsey and/or a team with Karl Henry in it and, lo and behold, that happens
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 08:36 - Nov 29 with 3354 viewsdaveB

we won 1-0 against a dreadful team, lets not get the flags out just yet
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 08:45 - Nov 29 with 3330 viewssevenhoop

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 08:36 - Nov 29 by daveB

we won 1-0 against a dreadful team, lets not get the flags out just yet

fully agree with you on that but, for the first time in a long while, I have a bit of fire back in the belly about my team, as I saw some shape, people being selected and then - shock of shocks- in their right positions, and I don't have that 'who cares' feeling that was overwhhelming me and, I think many others.
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 08:54 - Nov 29 with 3284 viewsRangersw12

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 08:45 - Nov 29 by sevenhoop

fully agree with you on that but, for the first time in a long while, I have a bit of fire back in the belly about my team, as I saw some shape, people being selected and then - shock of shocks- in their right positions, and I don't have that 'who cares' feeling that was overwhhelming me and, I think many others.

Selected in their right positions ?

We started with 3 fullbacks , 3 wingers and no striker and as per the last 2 years we relied on Austin to nick us a goal !
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 09:27 - Nov 29 with 3195 viewssevenhoop

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 08:54 - Nov 29 by Rangersw12

We started with 3 fullbacks , 3 wingers and no striker and as per the last 2 years we relied on Austin to nick us a goal !

Hoillet's best position is up top. That was where he played his best performance for us (at Spurs) and against us for Blackburn.
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 10:26 - Nov 29 with 3077 viewspomanjou

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 08:54 - Nov 29 by Rangersw12

Lighten up chap. Be happy, even if only for awhile.

A sold out Loftus Rd
Much, much improved personal performances
Three points in the bag

Life is not always a bowl of brown stuff.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 13:20 - Nov 29 with 2895 viewsbrad

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 10:26 - Nov 29 by pomanjou

A sold out Loftus Rd
Three points in the bag

well said!!
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 13:29 - Nov 29 with 2873 viewsRangersw12

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 10:26 - Nov 29 by pomanjou

A sold out Loftus Rd
Three points in the bag

I'm perfectly happy fella just find it funny that Ramsey was getting slated for picking teams like Warnock did yet when Warnock does the same it's the second coming

[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 13:30]
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 15:11 - Nov 29 with 2718 viewsPlanetHonneywood

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 13:29 - Nov 29 by Rangersw12

I'm perfectly happy fella just find it funny that Ramsey was getting slated for picking teams like Warnock did yet when Warnock does the same it's the second coming

But the difference would appear to be, the players played well and we we did something Ramsey teams often failed to do, win with a clean sheet.

Maybe there is something in this manager malarkey after all!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 17:08 - Nov 29 with 2609 viewsrichpr

You were obviously one of the keep Ramsey brigade. When did Ramsey play Hoilett, when didn't Ramsey pick Henry, why did he pick Henry and Toszer ahead of Faurlin, when did he play Chery as an inside forward?? Let's just face it, Ramsey was a disaster. NW is starting to get the best out of the team - the defence is better because they can concentrate on defending and they can leave the midfield to play the ball around. The whole shape of the team is vastly better. We should have got rid of Ramsey sooner.
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 17:19 - Nov 29 with 2585 viewsShotKneesHoop

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 17:08 - Nov 29 by richpr

You were obviously one of the keep Ramsey brigade. When did Ramsey play Hoilett, when didn't Ramsey pick Henry, why did he pick Henry and Toszer ahead of Faurlin, when did he play Chery as an inside forward?? Let's just face it, Ramsey was a disaster. NW is starting to get the best out of the team - the defence is better because they can concentrate on defending and they can leave the midfield to play the ball around. The whole shape of the team is vastly better. We should have got rid of Ramsey sooner.

Or take Clement - who was up for the managers role - until Our Tone saw two flukey away wins and on that basis gave Ramsey the job - when it was really Clements destiny - in birthday wrappings.

Clement was the next proper manager - Our Tone made the wrong key decision again.

It's all down to Tone. Tone, my old tosser. Just leave the money you have spunked in the till and foooook orf.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 18:22 - Nov 29 with 2508 viewsNortholt_Rs

The football under Ramsey was dire. I mean it was a chore going to a match to watch it. Yesterday was a big improvement all round - not worldbeaters or anything daft - but thoroughly enjoyable to watch. Left the ground smiling. I can't think of the last time I sat through a Ramsey performance and thought the same. He was pony and should never, ever have been given the job. Be interesting to see who snaps him up now he's available....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 18:27 - Nov 29 with 2494 viewsPunteR

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 18:22 - Nov 29 by Northolt_Rs

The football under Ramsey was dire. I mean it was a chore going to a match to watch it. Yesterday was a big improvement all round - not worldbeaters or anything daft - but thoroughly enjoyable to watch. Left the ground smiling. I can't think of the last time I sat through a Ramsey performance and thought the same. He was pony and should never, ever have been given the job. Be interesting to see who snaps him up now he's available....

I thought the Bolton game was good.

On the whole though we've been pretty poor to watch for about 3 years.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 18:55 - Nov 29 with 2441 viewsfrancisbowles

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 18:22 - Nov 29 by Northolt_Rs

I think we tried to play passing football under CR and on occasions were entertaining.
However, many of the players seriously underperformed. Perch, Angella,Tozser, Henry, Onuoha (after the first few matches), Phillips, Green whilst others made mistakes which led to goals(Faurlin)or missed sitters (Luongo)

It is unlikely that any one else will offer him a 'manager' role. He needs to concentrate on the coaching that he is well qualified for.
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 19:32 - Nov 29 with 2376 viewsAntti_Heinola

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 17:08 - Nov 29 by richpr

Agree with much of that rich - but please, let's not beat Ramsey for not picking Hoilett. The guy's had less good games for us in 3 and a half years than I have fingers.
He was also quite rightly protecting Faurlin.
Should have used Chery better, though, yes - although even yesterday you could see why managers could get annoyed with him - his tracking back is almost non-existent.

I don't think anyone was going around saying Ramsey was doing fine. Most people just realise that continually swapping managers doesn't do anyone any good.

Bare bones.

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 19:49 - Nov 29 with 2349 viewsdaveB

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 17:19 - Nov 29 by ShotKneesHoop

Or take Clement - who was up for the managers role - until Our Tone saw two flukey away wins and on that basis gave Ramsey the job - when it was really Clements destiny - in birthday wrappings.

Clement was the next proper manager - Our Tone made the wrong key decision again.

It's all down to Tone. Tone, my old tosser. Just leave the money you have spunked in the till and foooook orf.

Clement still turned us down and so Fernandes didn't ignore him, he was the dream manager he wanted but it didn't come off
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 19:55 - Nov 29 with 2338 viewsrichpr

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 18:55 - Nov 29 by francisbowles

I think we tried to play passing football under CR and on occasions were entertaining.
However, many of the players seriously underperformed. Perch, Angella,Tozser, Henry, Onuoha (after the first few matches), Phillips, Green whilst others made mistakes which led to goals(Faurlin)or missed sitters (Luongo)

It is unlikely that any one else will offer him a 'manager' role. He needs to concentrate on the coaching that he is well qualified for.

If those players seriously underperformed - he shouldn't have picked them EVERY week. That's what a manager does. You are right though, he tried hard and should stick to coaching - not that there is actually any real evidence that he was good at that!
Thinking about it, what makes a good coach?? Tactics? Skills? Fitness? Set plays? Can't see that we excelled in any of those under CR
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 20:13 - Nov 29 with 2319 viewsfrancisbowles

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 19:55 - Nov 29 by richpr

If those players seriously underperformed - he shouldn't have picked them EVERY week. That's what a manager does. You are right though, he tried hard and should stick to coaching - not that there is actually any real evidence that he was good at that!
Thinking about it, what makes a good coach?? Tactics? Skills? Fitness? Set plays? Can't see that we excelled in any of those under CR

Problem was Henry apart, his hands were often tied. The list of poor performers is not exhaustive and there were a few fitness issues as well. In fact the only consistent performer this season has been Hall and we were uncertain of him at first but he has improved almost every week.
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 22:30 - Nov 29 with 2223 viewsrsonist

Wouldn't be averse to seeing Henry regularly ahead of Perch at RB.
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 23:03 - Nov 29 with 2186 viewsLythamR

For me the real difference was that Green made an absolute howler but for once we got away with it and with the game crying out for a goal we had the luxury of bringing Austin on who duly delivered, we also had a fit Sandro who could give 90 minutes.

if Ramsey had put out that starting 11 in a home game he would have been slaughtered at half time

As for Hoilett he is pretty much a disaster wherever you play him check back and see how often possesion breaks down with him and how many times he made a telling pass or beat a man - he has been and remains poor we would have done better with Chery starting, or Blackwood,
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 23:26 - Nov 29 with 2161 viewsSomersetHoops

I'm pretty sure the results we have had since Ramsey went, would have been the same at least if he was still in charge. I've got nothing against Neil Warnock, but he is a great self publicist . I know any win is good, but beating this Leeds team should not be difficult for the squad we have and a one-nil victory against them at home is nothing to write home about.

Who's Next?

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 23:35 - Nov 29 with 2156 viewssevenhoop

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 23:26 - Nov 29 by SomersetHoops

I'm pretty sure the results we have had since Ramsey went, would have been the same at least if he was still in charge. I've got nothing against Neil Warnock, but he is a great self publicist . I know any win is good, but beating this Leeds team should not be difficult for the squad we have and a one-nil victory against them at home is nothing to write home about.

Somerset, I don't know for a fact but I bet you weren't there yesterday. The whole thing felt different, coherent, controlled, people knew what they were doing, Faurlin masterful, and no fukcing Henry being crap in midfield
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 01:27 - Nov 30 with 2096 viewsPunteR

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 23:26 - Nov 29 by SomersetHoops

We will never know if the results would be the same.
Its frustrating,because although Ramsey didn't pull up any trees I thought he was doing a steady job I thought. We had some good performance's and results and some terrible.
I just feel he was sacked to quickly to be able to properly judge him.
The one thing that occurred to me and I havnt seen this mentioned on here, is that maybe the players didn't want to consolidate,maybe the players all wanted to push for promotion and didn't buy into what Ramsey was doing.
I'm not sure why I keep trying to defend Ramsey,maybe its because I think he's been unfairly treated.
It wasn't all bad under Ramsey but now he's gone I still think we're not ready for a promotion push. Regardless of what manager we get next,if we lose out of a top 6 place then Ramsey will get the blame for it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 01:40 - Nov 30 with 2081 viewstimcocking

It may well be that those who wanted Ramsey out after a couple of games were absolutely correct. I still think it's an absolute fcuking joke to be judging a fella after just a couple games.

It does seem, when you read the players comments, that Neil is very well liked and commands instant respect, which is exactly what we want. The players seem to like him and enjoy it and he's very experienced after all. I do get the feeling we're far more likely to succeed this season with Warnock at the helm than if we'd stuck with Chris Ramsey even if I don't like how it all happened.

That team selection yesterday does have me worried, though. All's well that end's well, but why we didn't start with an orthodox 4-4-2, Hoilett left Phillips up front Charlie up front, just ridiculous. Must have been political, as some have alluded to. I imagine nearly all of us have a great deal affection for Les Ferdinand and Neil Warnock, so I'd really hate it to turn ugly. It could end up a civil war polarizing support if we're not careful.
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 01:42 - Nov 30 with 2078 viewstimcocking

Matty Phillips and Junior Hoilett up front is what you consider their correct positions? Interesting.
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 01:45 - Nov 30 with 2076 viewsDylanP

Not really. That might fit a pre-decided story but it doesn't really fit what actually happened on Saturday. Phillips is a winger -- he was played as a striker. Yun is a full back -- he was played as a midfielder/winger. And we looked terrible until the substitutions were made in the second half.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024