Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens 08:33 - Nov 29 with 4428 viewssevenhoop

for the first time in months, we have not had to suffer a team managed/ 'coached' by Ramsey and/or a team with Karl Henry in it and, lo and behold, that happens
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 09:15 - Nov 30 with 1095 viewsRangers67

Thank you Neil for giving me a football team to watch again. The contrast to the previous rubbish is amazing. We are actually trying to win rather than trying not to lose. We are obviously still a work in progress and will be for a while yet but we are now playing some football and not the turgid negative boring rubbish served up by the same players under Ramsay, that tells you all there is to know about the difference a manager can make. Some on here were trying to say that what was served up prior to Neil,s return was in some way down to TF, and it was but only in as much as he appointed Ramsay and left him to get on with it and then didn,t sack him soon enough. As for the OP I think Henry could play in the team but only as right back but you can see now the belief the players have in the manager and tactics. One thing for Neil to sort, get rid of the goalkeeper he is pony and always has been.
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 09:37 - Nov 30 with 1080 viewsNorthernr

We played very well for the last half hour, with an actual striker up front and actual wingers on the wing. Before that, and for the whole of the Preston game, we were rubbish. I'm intrigued by Warnock's post match comment "we don't have a lot of goals in the team, we know that" because before he turned up to "advise" us we'd scored more goals than anybody else in the league. Several of the attacking players who helped us do that - Chery, Luongo, JET - are now being completely ignored and left out of the side.

There are some major positives. Hall, Onuoha, Faurlin, Sandro, Hoilett all on an upward trajectory of form. The defence is less exposed, more compact, more organised, more confident and we've stopped conceding goals. The full backs are being protected better. But we have literally gone from the most threatening attacking team in the league to the least. For a game and a half in our last two home matches we've been boring as hell. That first half on Saturday was fcking dire. And in the end we've won 1-0, thanks to Austin again, against a really, really terrible team.

So yeh, like Dave B says, some positives, some negatives, I won't be getting the bunting out just yet.
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 10:13 - Nov 30 with 1044 viewsSomersetHoops

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 23:35 - Nov 29 by sevenhoop

Somerset, I don't know for a fact but I bet you weren't there yesterday. The whole thing felt different, coherent, controlled, people knew what they were doing, Faurlin masterful, and no fukcing Henry being crap in midfield

You are right, I had my hip joint replaced 2 weeks ago, so can't make the LR trip at the moment, so I only saw the highlights. I didn't comment on the performance, but I'm pleased to hear you think it was good and hope you are right, although some other people disagree and think we should be scoring more goals. At the start of the season we were, but also giving too many away. I agree Warnock seems to have tightened up the defence, but since his arrival at the club as advisor and subsequently interim manager, how many goals have we scored?

Who's Next?

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 10:18 - Nov 30 with 1038 viewsJonDoeman

Sick of hearing about Ramsey now. Not a football manager & never will be. Neil Warnock for all his faults, is .

It Is What It Is !!

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 10:56 - Nov 30 with 1008 viewsadhoc_qpr

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 10:18 - Nov 30 by JonDoeman

Sick of hearing about Ramsey now. Not a football manager & never will be. Neil Warnock for all his faults, is .

Agree, i've never known a manager to do such a consistently poor job but have so many excuses made for him - even after he's been fired.

Warnock has only been in charge 3 games and i'm not sure he's had a match fit striker for any of them yet.

But it was a decent home win and some of the players are clearly responding well to a new voice.

Let's see what happens with the managerial situation this week and move on from there.
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 11:38 - Nov 30 with 976 viewsMvpeter

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 10:56 - Nov 30 by adhoc_qpr

Agree, i've never known a manager to do such a consistently poor job but have so many excuses made for him - even after he's been fired.

Warnock has only been in charge 3 games and i'm not sure he's had a match fit striker for any of them yet.

But it was a decent home win and some of the players are clearly responding well to a new voice.

Let's see what happens with the managerial situation this week and move on from there.

Woah nelly aren't you forgetting about 'just one more player' Redknapp?

Poll: Who should be our left back?

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 11:50 - Nov 30 with 962 viewsadhoc_qpr

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 11:38 - Nov 30 by Mvpeter

Woah nelly aren't you forgetting about 'just one more player' Redknapp?

Redknapp was the one making excuses for himself, Ramsey is getting excuses made for him (because he is a nice guy and people feel he was given a raw deal by TF).
no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 12:01 - Nov 30 with 944 viewsfrancisbowles

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 10:56 - Nov 30 by adhoc_qpr

The thing is some of us don't think he was consistently bad. Granted NW is a lot more experienced at this level and probably a better motivator. However, the players aren't really doing things that differently. We are still set up in a 4231 are stlll struggling to score goals, whilst strong at the back and still trying to play passing football. The scoring/conceding had changed during the latter stages under CR whilst it was always the aim to play a passing game as in the early stages of the Charlton match.

The % improvement is probably down to less individual mistakes and players coming into better form as they get used to the system. The coaching they received prior to NW may be bearing some fruit.
Login to get fewer ads

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 12:03 - Nov 30 with 938 viewsMvpeter

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 11:50 - Nov 30 by adhoc_qpr

Redknapp was the one making excuses for himself, Ramsey is getting excuses made for him (because he is a nice guy and people feel he was given a raw deal by TF).

Ah sorry I misunderstood.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 14:01 - Nov 30 with 853 viewsbaz_qpr

no Ramsey or Henry and look what happens on 12:01 - Nov 30 by francisbowles

The thing is some of us don't think he was consistently bad. Granted NW is a lot more experienced at this level and probably a better motivator. However, the players aren't really doing things that differently. We are still set up in a 4231 are stlll struggling to score goals, whilst strong at the back and still trying to play passing football. The scoring/conceding had changed during the latter stages under CR whilst it was always the aim to play a passing game as in the early stages of the Charlton match.

The % improvement is probably down to less individual mistakes and players coming into better form as they get used to the system. The coaching they received prior to NW may be bearing some fruit.

Well they are playing the system differently for a start. NW has always preferred the formation, but we play with a higher defensive line the wide players are playing wider and cutting in less and he / the team is benefiting from Sandro / Faurlin in the middle being a) better than Henry and Tosser and b) playing the ball quicker through midfield .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024