Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? 23:39 - Nov 29 with 2677 viewssevenhoop

When do you think will be the next game that isn't 'right' for him and instead cries out for Henry in centre mid instead of him
C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 03:26 - Nov 30 with 2542 viewsNeil_SI

Not sure why you're calling me out about Faurlin?

I wasn't there I'm afraid so I've only been able to watch the match afterwards and you can never get as good a feel of what's happened when you can't see the whole pitch.

From what I saw I thought it was a pretty poor match overall. The standard of football wasn't great, with Leeds particularly poor and with us only kicking into life once we scored.

I'm a fan of Faurlin, but I'm a realist. If you have three serious injuries like he has, it's going to take its toll. But one never panics after one good or one bad performance.

This match was a good one for him. Leeds were rubbish throughout and didn't play as a team, so that suited us in the defensive area of the pitch as we weren't under any kind of pressure. And yes, he needs this type of matches so he can find his rhythm, confidence and consistency.

I'd be delighted for him as much as anybody if he can play well consistently and stay healthy — the latter is the most important thing rather than his performances. But there's still a long way to go for him with that.

In this match he kept it neat and tidy in open play more often than not, which was a good thing — but his best work came from dead plays.

But the real difference in this match, for me, was the introduction of Chery.
C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 07:31 - Nov 30 with 2425 viewsDorse

Chery on top, so to speak?

I'll get me coat.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 08:14 - Nov 30 with 2363 viewsconnell10

ale man of the match for me, a excellent display.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 08:31 - Nov 30 with 2329 viewsRBlock

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 03:26 - Nov 30 by Neil_SI

Not sure why you're calling me out about Faurlin?

I wasn't there I'm afraid so I've only been able to watch the match afterwards and you can never get as good a feel of what's happened when you can't see the whole pitch.

From what I saw I thought it was a pretty poor match overall. The standard of football wasn't great, with Leeds particularly poor and with us only kicking into life once we scored.

I'm a fan of Faurlin, but I'm a realist. If you have three serious injuries like he has, it's going to take its toll. But one never panics after one good or one bad performance.

This match was a good one for him. Leeds were rubbish throughout and didn't play as a team, so that suited us in the defensive area of the pitch as we weren't under any kind of pressure. And yes, he needs this type of matches so he can find his rhythm, confidence and consistency.

I'd be delighted for him as much as anybody if he can play well consistently and stay healthy — the latter is the most important thing rather than his performances. But there's still a long way to go for him with that.

In this match he kept it neat and tidy in open play more often than not, which was a good thing — but his best work came from dead plays.

But the real difference in this match, for me, was the introduction of Chery.

Exactly, it was Chery who was the catalyst for change. Austin held the ball up well but having someone make them self available for the ball every time helped us push the whole team forward. He also then used it intelligently and played forward balls that helped build attacks. For me Hoilett played OK, but still had very little end product.
C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 08:51 - Nov 30 with 2276 viewsBlue_Castello

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 08:31 - Nov 30 by RBlock

Exactly, it was Chery who was the catalyst for change. Austin held the ball up well but having someone make them self available for the ball every time helped us push the whole team forward. He also then used it intelligently and played forward balls that helped build attacks. For me Hoilett played OK, but still had very little end product.

Well as ever it's all about personal opinions, there were at least five of us watching the game who all thought Hoillett had a very good game and looks a totally different player since Warnock has brought him back into the team.

The real difference was made with the introduction of Austin, if we had a striker on the pitch in the first half we may well have scored a goal from one of the several crosses put into the box. Austin made all the difference, he enabled us to have a better team shape as we actually had a target man on the pitch who can score goals. Chery did OK in the number 10 role but nothing exceptional, he missed the chance to put us 2-0 up and as I closely watched him did not track back or tackle which appears to be the directive from Warnock to all the players.
What impressed me with most of the players on Saturday is that they looked fitter and even near the end of the game were closing the opposition down, something we couldn't do earlier in the season.

I really like Chery as a player going forward but he needs to improve his all round game, something it appears that Hoillett has learned whilst being injured, not selected, not bothered take your pick, it's like we've signed a new player.
What impressed me on Saturday was that although we had no defined striker in the starting eleven, (Clive has now enlightend us that JET was injured) we played as a team, looked far more compact and worked the ball from defence to attack via the midfield, obviously there were times we were more direct but as the experts say on Match of the Day you have to mix it up.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 8:54]
C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 09:01 - Nov 30 with 2236 viewsjonno

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 08:51 - Nov 30 by Blue_Castello

Well as ever it's all about personal opinions, there were at least five of us watching the game who all thought Hoillett had a very good game and looks a totally different player since Warnock has brought him back into the team.

The real difference was made with the introduction of Austin, if we had a striker on the pitch in the first half we may well have scored a goal from one of the several crosses put into the box. Austin made all the difference, he enabled us to have a better team shape as we actually had a target man on the pitch who can score goals. Chery did OK in the number 10 role but nothing exceptional, he missed the chance to put us 2-0 up and as I closely watched him did not track back or tackle which appears to be the directive from Warnock to all the players.
What impressed me with most of the players on Saturday is that they looked fitter and even near the end of the game were closing the opposition down, something we couldn't do earlier in the season.

I really like Chery as a player going forward but he needs to improve his all round game, something it appears that Hoillett has learned whilst being injured, not selected, not bothered take your pick, it's like we've signed a new player.
What impressed me on Saturday was that although we had no defined striker in the starting eleven, (Clive has now enlightend us that JET was injured) we played as a team, looked far more compact and worked the ball from defence to attack via the midfield, obviously there were times we were more direct but as the experts say on Match of the Day you have to mix it up.

Agree. The players haven't been fit or sharp enough all season, in fact even before that in my view. No idea why that should be, but I imagine that there has been an element of slacking in training which has been allowed to go on. That won't happen under Warnock so I'm not surprised the players are looking fitter. Warnock will not play both Chery and Luongo because they are both clearly lightweight in terms of the Championship. Both players need to become tougher on the ball, and to work harder off it. Hopefully Warnock will also give those two lazy bstrds Phillips and Fer a kick up the arse and get them working a lot harder in training as well as on the pitch, then you will see a further improvement again. It's not rocket science.
C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 09:02 - Nov 30 with 2233 viewsstevec

Let's not forget, Leeds had been properly softened up by the time Chery came on which, when the oppo are running tired and he comes on fresh, is probably when he comes into his own.
C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 09:12 - Nov 30 with 2199 viewsPunteR

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 08:51 - Nov 30 by Blue_Castello

Lets get this right about Hoillet before we start noshing off Warnock . He's been with us for for what,3 years?.. He's on allegedly £65 k a week!.. He's had 3 different managers that couldn't get a tune out of him. He's had loads of opportunity's. To say Warnock has just come along and is now getting him to play is ridiculous. Lets not forget his Canada appearance has probably given him a boost,plus his contract runs out soon.
The guy needs to have a serious word with himself if all this time he just needed Warnock to whisper sweet nothing in his earhole..
I hope he does continue to have good games for the rest of the season for what its worth,but I cant see us extending his contract.
I didn't see the game,but apparently he played well..good ,that's what we pay him for.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 09:14 - Nov 30 with 2188 viewsNorthernr

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 09:02 - Nov 30 by stevec

Let's not forget, Leeds had been properly softened up by the time Chery came on which, when the oppo are running tired and he comes on fresh, is probably when he comes into his own.

softened up by what exactly? That absolute pummeling we gave them in the first half, with no striker on the pitch? They may have been bored to death, or lulled into a false sense of security, I'll give you that.
C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 09:53 - Nov 30 with 2124 viewsBlue_Castello

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 09:12 - Nov 30 by PunteR

Lets get this right about Hoillet before we start noshing off Warnock . He's been with us for for what,3 years?.. He's on allegedly £65 k a week!.. He's had 3 different managers that couldn't get a tune out of him. He's had loads of opportunity's. To say Warnock has just come along and is now getting him to play is ridiculous. Lets not forget his Canada appearance has probably given him a boost,plus his contract runs out soon.
The guy needs to have a serious word with himself if all this time he just needed Warnock to whisper sweet nothing in his earhole..
I hope he does continue to have good games for the rest of the season for what its worth,but I cant see us extending his contract.
I didn't see the game,but apparently he played well..good ,that's what we pay him for.

Agreed can't disagree with any of that the bloke owes us big time, but some people were saying he only had an average game, thats not true he had a very good game playing in the ten role behind Philips who is not a recognised striker, can't help feeling he would have been even better in that role behind Austin.

As I said in my post I havnt got a clue why he was so poor previously and if the option of couldn't be arsed is the answer then he can F off. The fact remains he has looked a totally different player in the Preston and Leeds games and if nothing else he should give us that same commitment till the end of the season. We won't renew his contract because of the salary again, and to be honest if we get a good offer for him in January we should take the money, same with Fer in my opinion.
C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 15:33 - Nov 30 with 1906 viewsPunteR

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 09:53 - Nov 30 by Blue_Castello

Agreed can't disagree with any of that the bloke owes us big time, but some people were saying he only had an average game, thats not true he had a very good game playing in the ten role behind Philips who is not a recognised striker, can't help feeling he would have been even better in that role behind Austin.

As I said in my post I havnt got a clue why he was so poor previously and if the option of couldn't be arsed is the answer then he can F off. The fact remains he has looked a totally different player in the Preston and Leeds games and if nothing else he should give us that same commitment till the end of the season. We won't renew his contract because of the salary again, and to be honest if we get a good offer for him in January we should take the money, same with Fer in my opinion.

I wasn't trying to have a pop at you directly Blue,although it prob came across as that in my reply . There's been a few snide comments about other posters who thought Ramsey wasn't that bad and other posts exaggerating Warnock's job so far, just to try and prove a point.
That's how I'm seeing it anyway.
I think we both agree on Hoillet though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 16:17 - Nov 30 with 1828 viewsNeil_SI

Yeah I thought Hoilett played well and could come away pleased with his display. Warnock's done a decent job putting his arm around him and trying to coax his confidence back, but the work there started with Ramsey. They can both take credit, because Ramsey was true to his word and gave Hoilett an opportunity after he trained well. He scored in that cameo against MK Dons, and that was the start of a potential return for him.

Chery played with purpose and just had that bit of quality in possession that the others didn't. He attacked with the right speed, forcing players to sit or commit, and he chose his passes well and in a way that asked questions of the Leeds players. I was impressed he got his distances right in that respect, not easy when you've come on as a sub and he just slotted in seamlessly. It was a good cameo and he needs more of them.

The defensive side is a problem for a lot of our players though, and something the entire team needs to improve on collectively.
C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 16:23 - Nov 30 with 1803 viewsNeil_SI

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 09:01 - Nov 30 by jonno

Agree. The players haven't been fit or sharp enough all season, in fact even before that in my view. No idea why that should be, but I imagine that there has been an element of slacking in training which has been allowed to go on. That won't happen under Warnock so I'm not surprised the players are looking fitter. Warnock will not play both Chery and Luongo because they are both clearly lightweight in terms of the Championship. Both players need to become tougher on the ball, and to work harder off it. Hopefully Warnock will also give those two lazy bstrds Phillips and Fer a kick up the arse and get them working a lot harder in training as well as on the pitch, then you will see a further improvement again. It's not rocket science.

Think there's a wide range of reasons for our lack of fitness levels over the years.

Part of that is because there has been a lack of discipline and poor culture at the club for so long, but that's been combined with a wild transfer policy and having players come and go during the summer transfer window.

We got some business done early this time, but the likes of Perch, Konchesky, Angella and Tozser all arrived late and were not really a part of the pre-season. That includes all the same fitness work that needs to be done and all of the tactical preparation. Then we had loads of players out injured, like Austin, Fer, Sandro, Henry and Yun. So they didn't really have a pre-season either.

On top of that, we had yet another farcical pre-season (a total mess out in Italy).

Warnock has been consistent throughout the years with his pre-season regime, but right now, it will be because some of those players are finally getting regular training and games under their belt, so their fitness will finally improve and start to catch up.

Whether they will have enough in the tank for the entire campaign, especially towards the back end, remains to be seen. Hopefully.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 16:30]
C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 16:25 - Nov 30 with 1797 viewsTacticalR

@Neil_SI 'But one never panics after one good or one bad performance.'

That depends on who one is.

Air hostess clique

C'mon Neil, what you got to say about Faurlin? on 19:18 - Nov 30 with 1650 viewsbaz_qpr

I said at half time that if Austin had been on the pitch we would have been 3 up by half time, as we had put at least 4 absolute peaches into the box 3 from the left. Cherry showed a bit of hunger for the first time in ages and had a good 20 minutes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024