Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest agents fees released ... 13:37 - Nov 30 with 3769 viewsbosh67

QUEENS Park Rangers Football Club has confirmed the amount the club paid to agents for the reporting period from October 1st 2014 to September 30th 2015.

The total was £2,361,741.

The amount shown is the aggregate of all payments during the reporting period for agency activity, including payments made by the club on behalf of players.

- It still seems steep to me but on the other hand it does appear to be a lot lower than previous seasons. I suspect 2015-16 will be a lot lower again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Latest agents fees released ... on 14:12 - Dec 1 with 820 viewsMvpeter

Latest agents fees released ... on 14:02 - Dec 1 by Juzzie

Or the other option: we pay Austin £10m and he pays his agent?

That's called having your cake and eating it too and isn't realistic.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Latest agents fees released ... on 14:18 - Dec 1 with 807 viewsJuzzie

Latest agents fees released ... on 14:12 - Dec 1 by Mvpeter

That's called having your cake and eating it too and isn't realistic.

I ask the question again.... for comedians, actors etc, who pays their agent? Themselves or the venue/production company etc?

Of course my option is realistic. It's just that football is an insane business because clubs will do anything to get their player. That's why we are/were almost £200m in debt, why Bolton can't pay it's players, same with Northampton, and why most clubs are in debt.

All because too much money goes to players and their agents.
Latest agents fees released ... on 14:23 - Dec 1 with 801 viewsDeano19766

[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 14:24]
Latest agents fees released ... on 14:24 - Dec 1 with 799 viewsDeano19766

Latest agents fees released ... on 14:18 - Dec 1 by Juzzie

I ask the question again.... for comedians, actors etc, who pays their agent? Themselves or the venue/production company etc?

Of course my option is realistic. It's just that football is an insane business because clubs will do anything to get their player. That's why we are/were almost £200m in debt, why Bolton can't pay it's players, same with Northampton, and why most clubs are in debt.

It is not realistic as it simply cannot be enforced; indeed it is impossible to enforce.
Latest agents fees released ... on 14:26 - Dec 1 with 789 viewsDeano19766

And just because comics etc pay their agent (which may or may not be the case), in any event how do you know that they have not added their agent's fee to the fee they would otherwise have charged if they didn't have an agent???? Simple answer - you don't!
[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 14:27]
Latest agents fees released ... on 14:33 - Dec 1 with 771 viewsJuzzie

Latest agents fees released ... on 14:26 - Dec 1 by Deano19766

And just because comics etc pay their agent (which may or may not be the case), in any event how do you know that they have not added their agent's fee to the fee they would otherwise have charged if they didn't have an agent???? Simple answer - you don't!
[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 14:27]

And nor do you. You're turning speculation into fact.

Jeez, I asked a reasonable question (comparing football to other industries), don't expect to get shot down.
Latest agents fees released ... on 14:41 - Dec 1 with 763 viewsDeano19766

Latest agents fees released ... on 14:33 - Dec 1 by Juzzie

And nor do you. You're turning speculation into fact.

Jeez, I asked a reasonable question (comparing football to other industries), don't expect to get shot down.

Sorry not trying to shoot you down

You're saying that it is a viable option for players to pay agents themselves without the money coming from anywhere else. I am saying how is that an option when it cannot be policed or enforced? If all players pay agents themselves, you will never know whether or not they added it to the sum they requested to be paid. Therefore what has changed from the present situation? To me the simple fact is that clubs will end up paying agents fees whatever approach you take, unless agents were to be banned completely
[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 14:43]
Latest agents fees released ... on 14:47 - Dec 1 with 748 viewsJuzzie

Latest agents fees released ... on 14:41 - Dec 1 by Deano19766

Sorry not trying to shoot you down

You're saying that it is a viable option for players to pay agents themselves without the money coming from anywhere else. I am saying how is that an option when it cannot be policed or enforced? If all players pay agents themselves, you will never know whether or not they added it to the sum they requested to be paid. Therefore what has changed from the present situation? To me the simple fact is that clubs will end up paying agents fees whatever approach you take, unless agents were to be banned completely
[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 14:43]

Why does the money need to come from anywhere else? Is £10m not enough already?

This is my point, players get paid enough as it is, more than is insanely acceptable yet they still want more, always more.

Using the footballers model, I'd like my company to pay me my Gross salary in full and then on top of that pay my tax. So instead of the company paying, for example, £30,000 a year for my services they'd actually have to pay about £40,000.

In the real world that will never happen because we of course pay our own Tax & NI, but it does in football-land.

edit: I see you edited but all you are doing is stating an opinion and using the word fact all the time. 'fact' is used a number of times in this thread but all it is is an opinion. A perfectly plausible opinion but an opinion all the same. Do you have any facts to back up your, errr, facts?

[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 14:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Latest agents fees released ... on 15:13 - Dec 1 with 720 viewsDeano19766

Latest agents fees released ... on 14:47 - Dec 1 by Juzzie

Why does the money need to come from anywhere else? Is £10m not enough already?

This is my point, players get paid enough as it is, more than is insanely acceptable yet they still want more, always more.

Using the footballers model, I'd like my company to pay me my Gross salary in full and then on top of that pay my tax. So instead of the company paying, for example, £30,000 a year for my services they'd actually have to pay about £40,000.

In the real world that will never happen because we of course pay our own Tax & NI, but it does in football-land.

edit: I see you edited but all you are doing is stating an opinion and using the word fact all the time. 'fact' is used a number of times in this thread but all it is is an opinion. A perfectly plausible opinion but an opinion all the same. Do you have any facts to back up your, errr, facts?

[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 14:51]

But what I have said IS fact. You are completely missing the point. The point being if clubs are willing to pay the players what they ask for then you cannot stop that happening. It is simple supply and demand. You are implying that there is a way to prevent clubs having to pay agents fees, whether by direct payment or via the player, when quite clearly that is incorrect as it is unenforceable and won't work.

I agree with you by the way that players are vastly overpaid. I'm just making the point that you can't make players pay agents fees as the simple way around that is for the player to add it to his fee, something which he is free to do and the club is free to accept or reject. There is nothing you or I can do to stop that. It's a free market.

And yes it would be nice if we could use the football model in the real world, but that is not the market we operate in. However, it does quite often operate that way at board level of the top corporations where companies will pay anything to get their (wo)man. Again, market forces dictate that. Nothing you can do to stop it And that's my point. Yes players should pay agents themselves, but due to the market forces at work they have the opportunity to pass that cost to their employer and most likely do so and, in their shoes, I would do the same

In any event, it's only money moving from once rich man or corporation to another rich man or men. One or the other has hold if it. Does it really matter which one?

Finally, if you sent an agent out to sell you for £5m and the agent wanted 10% of the £5m for doing so, would you not ask for £5.6m to cover the agents fee if you knew you could do so as the buying party would pay that sum? Or would you say "no don't worry, I'll just take the £5m and pay the £500k myself"? If it was the latter then you would be mad chucking away £500k for the other party to keep in their pocket (and let's remember, the other party is likely another very rich man or corporation so you would't exactly be helping the destitute by not taking it for yourself to pay your agent)
[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 15:32]
Latest agents fees released ... on 20:09 - Dec 1 with 670 viewsderbyhoop

As a freelancer, I am happy to use an agent. The agency finds the work, as I certainly don't have the range of contacts that they do and, if I am in a contract, I cannot contact future employers in my current position's working time. The other advantage of using an agency is that they manage the cash flow. My invoice this week, will be paid around Dec 10th, but the agency, based on average payment times, won't get their money for at least 2 months.

I guess the reason for my earlier post using the inflammatory word "parasite" was driven by the fact that, as a club, we are massively in debt and probably likely to lose several million this season. An extra £2.3m going out of the club strikes me as something we cannot afford. I also recall that when Raheem Sterling went to Liverpool at the age of 14, the transfer was driven by an agent. For a 14 year old, FFS.

What the sum paid should demonstrate is, that every time we call for "more blood" there is a cost associated.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Latest agents fees released ... on 11:20 - Dec 2 with 630 viewsDanVanDyke

Latest agents fees released ... on 12:48 - Dec 1 by paulparker

The same applies to recruitment consultants , they are worse than estate agents, again its a self perpetuating (good word) industry when it doesn't need to be
why companies reduce there HR departments and continue to use these bullsh*tting parasites is a mystery

Well, as someone who has just left a role as a Recruitment Consultant for one of the UK's largest agencies, I can understand a little of PP's points and would dispute others.

In the same way as a football agent I had my candidate's (the person seeking work) best interests at heart - the more money they get in terms of salary, the larger the payment to the agency and the greater my percentile cut of that payment. I did not have the interests of the client at heart whatsoever, other than I was providing a time-saving service to them by advertising the role, sourcing candidates, vetting candidates, booking interviews, ensuring all documentation and compliance was in place etc. It is worth pointing out that this service is free. Only when one of my candidates was successful did the agency get paid - in situations where other agencies were used and their candidate was successful, I'd essentially worked for free. The dictat from above was to get every penny possible out of the client, and this is where PP has a point. Before I left I filled a role for a not-for-profit client, the position was a low level IT Technician with a salary of £24000 pa, I charged the client 25% for my services, of which I got 5% of that fee, which is ridiculous and something that the client should have been able to manage via their own HR dept and even allowing for advertising, not needed to spend anywhere near that amount. It is a sales role, obsessed with money generation and profit, the sole focus being to make clients pay as much as possible. While the companies don't want to handle recruitment themselves, they'll always be a demand. For those looking for employment it is an invaluable service though and takes on roles such as salary negotiation that they cannot do themselves. It's an industry full of w*nkers as you'd expect from any sales role, but is also full of some genuine people who are making ends meet through providing a service that there is a demand for.

I'd blame the company sacking the HR Team over the agency, they obviously feel that their HR team don't have the recruitment nous, candidate attraction strategies in place to fulfill the role and so use an agency instead. Or they recruit so infrequently, it is better to pay £10k once a year than a £25k pa salary for someone who will be under utilised.
Latest agents fees released ... on 12:02 - Dec 2 with 619 viewsJuzzie

DvD, it's the same consultants'. Where I work we have a team of about a dozen people with combined experience of something like 200 years between us (ave. of 16 years per person) and yet the powers that be never, ever tap into us for information or knowledge (probably because we won't give them the answers they want).

Instead, they'll happily pay silly money to consultants who do give them the answers they want then wonder why 6 months after it's implemented everyone is complaining it's all fked up meaning we then have to sort the mess out and we don't get any extra money because there's no money left as it's all gone on consultants!

Stop being obsessed with hearing what you want to hear, it NEVER works. Just listen to those who do have the hands-on experience and act accordingly.
Latest agents fees released ... on 14:48 - Dec 3 with 566 viewsDylanP

Latest agents fees released ... on 14:18 - Dec 1 by Juzzie

Of course, for comedians, actors, etc. the person hiring the actor, comedian, etc. pays the agents fee.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024