Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR 14:20 - Nov 30 with 5495 viewsdaib0

As always, friendly greetings from daib0, some of you know me a fair bit by now from Inter-Forum games! Onto our game together on Thursday - and I wondered if I could get a bit of chat going once again to report back to the guys and gals on my forum. Respect always given as our previous collaborations have always proven, so here goes, a few pointers here but any comments (that are reproducible!) always welcome!:

A] How was the summer period? Any useful new incoming talented players this season? Could you mention a few of your hot talents to inform the RR members?

B] Hardly anything between us so far, both clubs aspire to do bigger things but at the moment just sitting off the pace. Has the season gone to expectations so far? Where do you see yourselves finishing — both head and heart?!

C] We Royals are blowing a bit hot and cold but we fans certainly have been a bit wounded by Steve Clarke nearly doing a ‘runner’ to your Fulham neighbours. Confidence in our man has undeniably plummeted. So from a neutral, any thoughts of the Royals of recent times, where are we right now?

D] Looking ahead to the game — even if you’re leaving a prediction elsewhere, could you give me just a quick indication of how you see the game going? I would have thought that it might go any way … perhaps I myself would go for a very narrow 1-0 Royals win being at home, shoot me down if you wish!

As always, I promise that any snippets used will be credited by reference to your forum, and the individual member in question (chance of Thames Valley fame!). And I can say that as a mod myself on RR, it’s always promised no ‘wind ups’ on our forum. Our match presentation here proves that:
http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10388837/1
In fact, any questions for us in return, just get back and I’ll do my best lads …

Cheers,

daib0, and the team on ‘Royals Rendezvous’

Royals Rendezvous - a friendly Reading forum

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 14:22 - Nov 30 with 5480 viewsNorthernr

Mate, I'll be sending you some Reading q's as per usual shortly...
Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 14:23 - Nov 30 with 5475 viewsdaib0

okey-dokey!

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 15:09 - Nov 30 with 5395 viewsFDC

Wait.... Royal Rendezvous?! Surely that's the name of a Sunday evening costume drama, possibly with just the merest hint of sexual frisson but nothing that need trouble the 9pm watershed.
Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 15:11 - Nov 30 with 5384 viewsTacticalR

Is there any chance of an interview with Katsia?

Air hostess clique

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 15:51 - Nov 30 with 5282 viewsdaib0

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 15:11 - Nov 30 by TacticalR

Is there any chance of an interview with Katsia?

already tried, bur she's done a runner too ... but hey, split up from Anton we think, so might be freer now!!!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 15:52]

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 15:53 - Nov 30 with 5270 viewsdaib0

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 15:09 - Nov 30 by FDC

Wait.... Royal Rendezvous?! Surely that's the name of a Sunday evening costume drama, possibly with just the merest hint of sexual frisson but nothing that need trouble the 9pm watershed.

yep, but also the name of the old pub/social centre outside the old Elm Park in its last working days in the 90s ... that's why we take it!

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 16:28 - Nov 30 with 5174 viewsTacticalR

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 15:51 - Nov 30 by daib0

already tried, bur she's done a runner too ... but hey, split up from Anton we think, so might be freer now!!!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 15:52]

OK, please keep us apprised of the situation.

Air hostess clique

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 22:00 - Nov 30 with 4873 viewsenfieldargh

Heres a connection for Reading re Robin Friday

Hurley was by now aware that his forward was using drugs, and attempted to keep his player's habit a secret while he patiently worked to bring him back around.[80] However, Friday began to regularly miss training and Hurley's subtlety was misinterpreted as inaction by the other Reading players, who became unsettled and complained about Friday's conduct.[80] The club became increasingly minded to sell him, but although top-flight clubs Queens Park Rangers and West Ham United were interested, they were reluctant to buy because of Friday's temperament; in Downs's words, "They weren't sure they could handle him".[80] By the end of October 1976, Hurley had given up on attempting to rehabilitate his player, believing that the only solution was to sell him to a bigger team. "The squad needs you but I owe it to the club because I can't have you using drugs," Hurley told Friday. "If I know you're using drugs it won't take them [the major clubs] long to find out. You have got to get your act together."[81] Friday was made available for transfer, at his own request, on 28 October.[81]

Sounds like a player who would have fitted right in with the 2013 team

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 16:20 - Dec 1 with 4491 viewsdaib0

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 22:00 - Nov 30 by enfieldargh

Hurley was by now aware that his forward was using drugs, and attempted to keep his player's habit a secret while he patiently worked to bring him back around.[80] However, Friday began to regularly miss training and Hurley's subtlety was misinterpreted as inaction by the other Reading players, who became unsettled and complained about Friday's conduct.[80] The club became increasingly minded to sell him, but although top-flight clubs Queens Park Rangers and West Ham United were interested, they were reluctant to buy because of Friday's temperament; in Downs's words, "They weren't sure they could handle him".[80] By the end of October 1976, Hurley had given up on attempting to rehabilitate his player, believing that the only solution was to sell him to a bigger team. "The squad needs you but I owe it to the club because I can't have you using drugs," Hurley told Friday. "If I know you're using drugs it won't take them [the major clubs] long to find out. You have got to get your act together."[81] Friday was made available for transfer, at his own request, on 28 October.[81]

I was there! I saw THAT goal! Increeedible it was:
http://www.footballmemories.org.uk/memories/clubs/94-reading/166-david-johnstone

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 16:41 - Dec 1 with 4449 viewsdaib0

BBC Sport

Steve Clarke ahead of Reading v Queens Park Rangers

AUDIO talking on both sides ...

Reading manager Steve Clarke speaks to BBC Radio Berkshire ahead of their game against QPR on Thursday.

The 52-year-old Scot also answered whether Paul McShane and Garath McCleary would be fit to play against Neil Warnock's side.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34975758

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 17:16 - Dec 1 with 4375 viewssimmo

Do you agree that Steve Clarke looks like the kind of man you'd find in a Wetherspoons with no music. Relunquishing his bank coin baggy of £2 at a time to drink Tuborg until closing?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 18:41 - Dec 1 with 4303 viewsterryb

Robin Friday.

I never had the pleasure of seeing him play apart from a few recorded clips, but I loved reading the biography on him "The greatest player you never saw play".

I believe he was an Adel Taarabt with attitude!
Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 20:19 - Dec 1 with 4212 viewsderbyhoop

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 22:00 - Nov 30 by enfieldargh

Born in South Acton, went to Rothschild Primary. I think he was on Chelsea's books as a youngster but they bombed him out (may have been behaviour related).

I played against him (and his twin brother, who was about 5 inches shorter, from memory) at primary school. He and I played some 5-a-side in Acton at about 16.

All the talent and none of the application. Died at 32 ish??

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 21:06 - Dec 1 with 4153 viewsdaib0

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 20:19 - Dec 1 by derbyhoop

Born in South Acton, went to Rothschild Primary. I think he was on Chelsea's books as a youngster but they bombed him out (may have been behaviour related).

I played against him (and his twin brother, who was about 5 inches shorter, from memory) at primary school. He and I played some 5-a-side in Acton at about 16.

All the talent and none of the application. Died at 32 ish??

Great quote from RFC Club Historian David Downs on Friday's first week at the club...

"In his first training session they were playing a six-a-side game and Robin went around trying to kick as many of the established Reading players as he could. He must have put two or three out of the game. Hurley had to call him off ..."

here for more:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/63239-profiles-of-the-great-and-good-robin-fr

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/may/20/seven-deadly-sins-football-glutt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/berkshire/hi/people_and_places/newsid_9319000/931925

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 07:52 - Dec 2 with 3992 viewsJonDoeman

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 18:41 - Dec 1 by terryb

Robin Friday.

I never had the pleasure of seeing him play apart from a few recorded clips, but I loved reading the biography on him "The greatest player you never saw play".

I need to read that book, know he was an acton boy, probably a QPR fan as a kid!

It Is What It Is !!

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 08:54 - Dec 2 with 3948 viewspaulparker

Reading Fan Chat — Reading v QPR on 18:41 - Dec 1 by terryb

Robin Friday.

talking of Robin Friday , I heard a few months back they were making a film of his life,
they had his brother on talk sport explaining they haven't given permission for the film to show his "off the field practices" and it was just his time on the pitch they were making the film on ,
surely a film on Bowles would be better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024