Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference 08:27 - Dec 1 with 3280 viewsWokingR

I'm interested to know what is everyone's favourite cheese accompaniment.
I always thought the Hovis Digestive was unbeatable until I recently tried Coop's new Black Pepper and Sea Salt Crackers.
They are similar to Chocolate Hobnobs in that once you open a packet it is really difficult to know when to stop.
Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 08:32 - Dec 1 with 2242 viewsbarabajagal

6 pints of beer.
Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 08:41 - Dec 1 with 2227 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Shit I thought this was going to be a thread where we nominated our favourite Cliff Richard songs.

As Lynyrd Skynyrd once sang 'I'm a simple man' Jacobs 'buscuits for cheese' tub.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 08:48 - Dec 1 with 2214 viewsA40Bosh

Carrs Melts for me.

Need to get my order in to the Snowdonia Cheese Co quick before all the best truckles get sold out.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 08:50 - Dec 1 with 2209 viewsade_qpr

Being slightly left field have developed a fad for rice crackers and Edam cheese lately.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:02 - Dec 1 with 2196 viewsjohncharles

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 08:50 - Dec 1 by ade_qpr

Being slightly left field have developed a fad for rice crackers and Edam cheese lately.

Seek help

Strong and stable my arse.

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:10 - Dec 1 with 2180 viewsade_qpr

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:02 - Dec 1 by johncharles

Seek help

cracking up nicely

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:12 - Dec 1 with 2169 viewsDWQPR

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 08:48 - Dec 1 by A40Bosh

Carrs Melts for me.

Need to get my order in to the Snowdonia Cheese Co quick before all the best truckles get sold out.

We've got a Snowdonia Cheese Co. stall in the Xmas market in Milton Keynes. Based on your obvious like for their produce I might give them a go. On the original question you really cannot beat a nice strong, sweet bit of cheddar with an equally nice strong pickled onion washed down with a decent stout.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:15 - Dec 1 with 2165 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Snowdonia cheese is the mutts nuts. ALL of them!!

On a side note (and related) I find this most pleasing, with or without cheese.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:18 - Dec 1 with 2158 viewsElHoop

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:12 - Dec 1 by DWQPR

We've got a Snowdonia Cheese Co. stall in the Xmas market in Milton Keynes. Based on your obvious like for their produce I might give them a go. On the original question you really cannot beat a nice strong, sweet bit of cheddar with an equally nice strong pickled onion washed down with a decent stout.

Got myself a batch of Red Devils at the Cheltenham Race Meeting last month - they are there every year. 6 for £20 - I'm a Red Devil fan - so I got 6.
Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:24 - Dec 1 with 2134 viewsBlackCrowe

Matzo crackers (oy vey) available in most supermarkets. Cheese of choice - stichelton.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:33 - Dec 1 with 2120 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I like to accompany cheese with more cheese.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:36 - Dec 1 with 2109 viewsToast_R

I challenge anyone who enjoys a bit of spice to give this a go

Tesco's Hot Mexican Cheddar. This is absolutely awesome. A decent red wine and your well away.

On a more modest flavour, I've went to Amsterdam in July and went to one of those Amsterdam cheese store and bought myself a ball of Dutch gouda infused with garlic and cumin. Looking forward to slicing that open at Xmas. Quite like the Lidls wheat crackers with a variety of chutneys.
Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:39 - Dec 1 with 2101 viewsGloucs_R

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:36 - Dec 1 by Toast_R

I challenge anyone who enjoys a bit of spice to give this a go

Tesco's Hot Mexican Cheddar. This is absolutely awesome. A decent red wine and your well away.

On a more modest flavour, I've went to Amsterdam in July and went to one of those Amsterdam cheese store and bought myself a ball of Dutch gouda infused with garlic and cumin. Looking forward to slicing that open at Xmas. Quite like the Lidls wheat crackers with a variety of chutneys.

Was going to post the same but the Sainsbury version, really nice with a little kick to it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:43 - Dec 1 with 2094 viewsHooparoo

Bugger the cheese. A nice Sauterne. 🍷My brother is a wine merchant who imports it from France. A well stocked cellar at mine. 😉🎅

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:43 - Dec 1 with 2093 viewsDWQPR

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:15 - Dec 1 by Metallica_Hoop

Snowdonia cheese is the mutts nuts. ALL of them!!

On a side note (and related) I find this most pleasing, with or without cheese.

This would be my choice of port.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:48 - Dec 1 with 2081 viewswombat

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 08:48 - Dec 1 by A40Bosh

Carrs Melts for me.

im with a40 on this carrs melts are the biscuits of gods

the taylors is the winner of the port battle as well

and if anyone likes a drop of red wine , tescos finest south african pinotage 5.50 a bottle awsome is the only way to describe it
[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 9:51]

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:51 - Dec 1 with 2073 viewspaulparker

I don't like to over complicate the cheese at Xmas , I normally have the following

Strong cheddar - Haford is a good one
Brie- Reny bicot
Roulade - on ritz crackers , suburb
Wensleydale,
Stilton - Cropwell Bishop

normally have a nice red, but real ale, a dizzy blonde is great with brie & stilton
plenty of crackers, grapes, strong pickled onions , chopped red onion, a little bit of pate on the side and a few leaves of salad, excellent
actually one year me & mrs P went to the pub xmas day and didn't bother with the turkey when we came home and just gorged on the cheese

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:51 - Dec 1 with 2071 viewsjohann28

Bath Olivers. There's really nothing to beat them. Go particularly well with Stilton (blue or white), Danish Blue, Blue D'Auvergne, any Cheddar and Chevre.

Obviously port, and more port. Fronseca Bin27NV at Majestic is excellent - one of those ones you find yourself drinking a whole bottle in an evening.
Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:55 - Dec 1 with 2061 viewsJAPRANGERS

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 10:11 - Dec 1 with 2019 viewsisawqpratwcity

'Port: sell on cheese, buy on an apple.' -wine industry adage

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 10:17 - Dec 1 with 2008 viewsA40Bosh

[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 10:18]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 10:19 - Dec 1 with 1999 viewsozexile

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 10:17 - Dec 1 by A40Bosh

[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 10:18]

That penfolds is very reasonably priced and very nice.
Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 10:28 - Dec 1 with 1976 viewstimcocking

Kebab
Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 10:30 - Dec 1 with 1972 viewsdoogi55

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 09:55 - Dec 1 by JAPRANGERS

Christmas Cheese Thread with a difference on 10:32 - Dec 1 with 1965 viewsdoogi55

carckers pickles and grapes with a mature cheeder brie and a nice goats cheese.maybe some feta
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024