Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JFH first presser 15:55 - Dec 7 with 11380 viewsNorthernr

Updates from 4 with Kerry Dixon on hand to lead us in a chorus of Blue is the Colour...

Big Jimmy and Big Les here from Race Relations UK to talk to us today about equal opportunities

Jeremy is the Sky monkey.

JFH - Very excited. Very privileged to have this opportunity. QPR gives me a good feeling (that won't last mate). It suits me, it's a good fit. I'm very happy to be "the chosen one". To be the head of the QPR family and to take them forward. (can we get Dominoes tonight please dad?)

JFH - It was hard to leave Burton but the opportunity to come here and be head of this family, football people will understand it's something I couldn't turn down. I want to bring honesty, stability and excitement.

LF - It was a thorough process, 12 different interviews, whittled down to three at which point the owners got involved in interviews (oh Christ, women and children into the lifeboats first). Unanimous decision on JFH. People talk about Burton but he's managed abroad, he's been on that road that perhaps Chris Ramsey hasn't been on. JFH is on the up, we hope he can take us back on the up.

JFH - There's work to be done. It's a squad that excites me with good players but we need to work together, we need to have a strategy together, we need to be a force together. Trust each other and work. Work. There's work to be done.

LF - The contract suits both parties. We can sit here and say we've given a manager a four year contract because we have a four year plan. The football club has the plan, managers come along and fit with that plan. We're concentrating on the best we can get out of this team, as long as he's doing that he's staying in his role.

JFH - No news on backroom. David Oldfield is here and that's it for now.

JFH - It's eight years since I last played, it's a long time. You have to interact with the players, make them understand your ways and also make them understand that you're with with them. I like to interact, find out what they're about, get that feeling and honesty with them from both sides.

JFH - I want to understand my players. Being long out of the game or not, eight years feels a long time to me, it doesn't matter. We have to connect with each other and find a way. Life, finds a way.

JFH W have to try to bring exciting football, and a successful team in whatever formation.

JFH No pressure on transfer window. We will work hard. We can't avoid January, we can't stop it, we can control working hard and that's what we're going to do.

LF - Any manager who has played the game at the highest level, you immediately command the respect of the players. But you have to earn your stripes as as a manger and he's done that at Burton and has to do that here now. The qualities we're looking for in our team and manager, JFH has in abundance. We were very impressed with his interview.

LF - For me it's important to get the right manager in place.

Managers coming in here haven't had time to look at the youth team. They've been short term, so he's been going into the transfer market to buy,. My focus is not only the first team, but also producing players through the system. We're in a great catchment area, look at Raheem Sterling, there's talent in this area we need to get into that.

LF - We're working with Chris. His niche is developing players. He's fantastic at that. We want to keep him at the club and get him to continue doing that. There's certainly a role here for him.

LF - We've brought a manager we believe is capable of motivating players and getting into the play-offs.

LF - The players we brought in, we don't feel they will get us promotion this year, but after a year in the Championship they may give us a push next season. The remit has changed and those players became surplus to requirements under Neil Warnock.

LF - The Chelsea connection means he'll have to hit the ground running, which is what we want him to do, but it's not an issue.

Ring the bell, first question about colour.

JFH - I'm a role model for anybody who wants to be a manager, black white or yellow. That's important, whatever you're assuming.

JFH - No idea why black managers don't get more jobs. I have absolutely no comment to make on that.

And that's your lot kids

This post has been edited by an administrator
(No subject) (n/t) on 07:48 - Dec 8 with 2335 views2Thomas2Bowles

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:22 - Dec 7 by BklynRanger

Wee Jimmy's growing on me I have to say. When he talks about 'work' I've decided to believe that he means what he says. Redknapp went on and on about working hard when he arrived but that mainly meant working hard on talking a load of old shyte. But Jimmy is different - he means it, and I will remain convinced of that until proven otherwise (possibly some time over Xmas or the new year).

So I see Les used the 'got rid of Chris' phrase again. I suppose he must have decided to be blunt about the realities of that situation and at least he's consistent, still sounds weird to me.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2015 19:24]

I'd like to know how after that 'got rid of Chris' phrase and CR being on a managers contract LF thinks offering CR a job putting the cones out on a lot less money is going to work.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 7:50]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

JFH first presser on 07:56 - Dec 8 with 2323 viewsPhildo

JFH first presser on 20:40 - Dec 7 by PunteR

Tbf he's the only example we've got for local talent that's gone on and made a name for himself recently.

Sadly there is local talent- like Bolassie -but it is picked up and playing for other teams.
JFH first presser on 09:04 - Dec 8 with 2239 viewsMvpeter

Really good comments from JFH. Given me a lot of hope for the future.

I especially loved his sidestepping of the questions on race. Take note Les he probably won't be asked again.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:04 - Dec 8 with 2239 viewspomanjou

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:48 - Dec 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'd like to know how after that 'got rid of Chris' phrase and CR being on a managers contract LF thinks offering CR a job putting the cones out on a lot less money is going to work.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 7:50]

No problem. He's been paid off as a manager after clearly being seen not to be a manager but having a proven record as a coach. Goes back to coaching with his slate clean and supported by a new no nonsense manager. Lots of people temporarily over achieve and revert back to their comfort zone.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

JFH first presser on 09:13 - Dec 8 with 2225 viewsNorthernr

JFH first presser on 09:04 - Dec 8 by Mvpeter

Really good comments from JFH. Given me a lot of hope for the future.

I especially loved his sidestepping of the questions on race. Take note Les he probably won't be asked again.

I think you'll find he was asked again immediately afterwards, repeatedly, in the print section of the press conference (not filmed) seen as that's the line they've all gone on with different quotes this morning. Monotonous.
JFH first presser on 09:35 - Dec 8 with 2181 viewsMvpeter

JFH first presser on 09:13 - Dec 8 by Northernr

I think you'll find he was asked again immediately afterwards, repeatedly, in the print section of the press conference (not filmed) seen as that's the line they've all gone on with different quotes this morning. Monotonous.

I did say questions Northern.

JFH first presser on 09:54 - Dec 8 with 2151 viewsNorthernr

JFH first presser on 09:35 - Dec 8 by Mvpeter

I did say questions Northern.

I wish you were right but I fear you're not, according to n almost entirely white male press corps that cover our sport playing 'ask the black man' is the way to go whatever he says. Talksport interviewed him yesterday, what did they pull out for the website...

Even when you flatline the question, the question will keep coming. That's why I find this "Les Ferdinand keeps bringing it up" stuff nonsense. They're not bringing it up, they're being asked about it repeatedly.

JFH first presser on 10:17 - Dec 8 with 2096 viewsstevec

JFH first presser on 16:46 - Dec 7 by paulparker

I would hope that JFH will get Gladwin & Harriman back from loan and get them back in training to see what they can do , the whole point of building for the future is playing these lads
and is it me or does anyone else feel a bit uneasy with this rolling contract business ?
reading that interview it seems like we are going to go all out for promotion, im just worried that if JFH doesn't achieve play offs he could be gone
I for one would be a whole lot happier with JFH on a 3 year deal with a remit of building the club up

Seems to have a load of self belief and wonder if the rolling contract is more his choice than ours.
Login to get fewer ads

JFH first presser on 10:24 - Dec 8 with 2080 viewsPinnerPaul

JFH first presser on 10:17 - Dec 8 by stevec

Seems to have a load of self belief and wonder if the rolling contract is more his choice than ours.

Saw Les quoted as saying the 3/4 year contract stuff is nonsense when the reality in this division is a life span of 8/9 months.

Goodwill for new managers lasts 8/9 weeks at best on here, so a 1 year rolling contract makes eminent sense for both parties I think.
JFH first presser on 10:35 - Dec 8 with 2051 viewsTheBlob

What nonsense is this?
Mind you it's always nice to steal a march on Scumski....

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/chelsea/get_him_in_chelsea_legend_b

Poll: So how was the season for you?

JFH first presser on 10:36 - Dec 8 with 2048 viewsMvpeter

JFH first presser on 09:54 - Dec 8 by Northernr

I wish you were right but I fear you're not, according to n almost entirely white male press corps that cover our sport playing 'ask the black man' is the way to go whatever he says. Talksport interviewed him yesterday, what did they pull out for the website...

Even when you flatline the question, the question will keep coming. That's why I find this "Les Ferdinand keeps bringing it up" stuff nonsense. They're not bringing it up, they're being asked about it repeatedly.

I find in all of these things that when the questions are flatlined they might not disappear but they will reduce.

Media nowadays is all about getting clicks. The more controversial the more clicks. This is why Harry was such a media darling. Chris Hughton might still be asked about race occasionally but it isn't weekly whereas Les and Chris were and there was a reason for it.

And before we blame the journalists I think we should recognise that they aren't doing this as a personal quest or through ignorance. It's the knowledge that both sides will ravenously devour any mention of race in the media.

JFH first presser on 10:38 - Dec 8 with 2042 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well when you offer to help out at a lunatic asylum, you don't want to end up as a patient, you want to have your own key.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 10:56]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

JFH first presser on 10:41 - Dec 8 with 2035 viewsNorthernr

JFH first presser on 10:36 - Dec 8 by Mvpeter

I find in all of these things that when the questions are flatlined they might not disappear but they will reduce.

Media nowadays is all about getting clicks. The more controversial the more clicks. This is why Harry was such a media darling. Chris Hughton might still be asked about race occasionally but it isn't weekly whereas Les and Chris were and there was a reason for it.

And before we blame the journalists I think we should recognise that they aren't doing this as a personal quest or through ignorance. It's the knowledge that both sides will ravenously devour any mention of race in the media.

Well I'll bow to your superior knowledge of journalists and journalism on this occasion then.
JFH first presser on 10:45 - Dec 8 with 2027 viewsstevec

JFH first presser on 10:38 - Dec 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well when you offer to help out at a lunatic asylum, you don't want to end up as a patient, you want to have your own key.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 10:56]

Ha, nicely put.

Enjoy him while we can.
JFH first presser on 11:00 - Dec 8 with 1994 viewsMvpeter

JFH first presser on 10:41 - Dec 8 by Northernr

Well I'll bow to your superior knowledge of journalists and journalism on this occasion then.

Don't present yourself as fair and respectful and then throw this sht at me when I'm being completely fair and respectful to you. As per usual.

JFH first presser on 11:05 - Dec 8 with 1881 viewsNorthernr

JFH first presser on 11:00 - Dec 8 by Mvpeter

Don't present yourself as fair and respectful and then throw this sht at me when I'm being completely fair and respectful to you. As per usual.

You're very quick to wave your little degree certificate around in the air when anybody dares suggest you might be wrong on the financials, but you're allowed to post that patronising pile about how journalists work and what journalism is all about these days to somebody who's been in the industry for 13 years? Joker.
JFH first presser on 11:14 - Dec 8 with 1855 viewsMvpeter

JFH first presser on 11:05 - Dec 8 by Northernr

You're very quick to wave your little degree certificate around in the air when anybody dares suggest you might be wrong on the financials, but you're allowed to post that patronising pile about how journalists work and what journalism is all about these days to somebody who's been in the industry for 13 years? Joker.

I 'waved it around' when someone suggested I had no idea what I was talking about. Did I ever say nobody else can talk about it? No. Did I imply that anybody else opinion was worth less because they didn't have one? No. I defended my opinion with my qualification. Period

Did I question your knowledge of journalism? No.

Did I disagree with a single thing you said? No. I posted an opinion.

There is one person here that got snarky when someone questioned their opinion and one person who got snarky when someone questioned their ability to give an opinion. One is justified.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 11:17]

JFH first presser on 11:17 - Dec 8 with 1840 viewsNorthernr

JFH first presser on 11:14 - Dec 8 by Mvpeter

I 'waved it around' when someone suggested I had no idea what I was talking about. Did I ever say nobody else can talk about it? No. Did I imply that anybody else opinion was worth less because they didn't have one? No. I defended my opinion with my qualification. Period

Did I question your knowledge of journalism? No.

Did I disagree with a single thing you said? No. I posted an opinion.

There is one person here that got snarky when someone questioned their opinion and one person who got snarky when someone questioned their ability to give an opinion. One is justified.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 11:17]

Yes, it's always you who is justified and correct, and the rest of us who are unjustified and incorrect. We get it.
JFH first presser on 11:22 - Dec 8 with 1820 viewsMvpeter

JFH first presser on 11:17 - Dec 8 by Northernr

Yes, it's always you who is justified and correct, and the rest of us who are unjustified and incorrect. We get it.

Always about me rather than what I'm saying I've noticed. How coincidental.

I must have missed the posts where you start with 'I know I'm wrong but'

Apologies for mentioning what I believed to be common knowledge and that which you are still yet to dispute.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 11:25]

JFH first presser on 11:25 - Dec 8 with 1797 viewsstevec

JFH first presser on 11:45 - Dec 8 with 1740 viewssimmo

JFH first presser on 11:17 - Dec 8 by Northernr

You're not an idiot, Clive, you're just not as right as MVpeter.

Another victim - death by a thousand pedantry cuts.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

JFH first presser on 12:11 - Dec 8 with 1683 viewsDejR_vu

I would imagine the outcome of the FFP ruling was a significant factor in JFH's mind. His choice I suspect.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

JFH first presser on 12:15 - Dec 8 with 1661 viewsJamie

JFH first presser on 11:45 - Dec 8 by simmo

You're not an idiot, Clive, you're just not as right as MVpeter.

Another victim - death by a thousand pedantry cuts.

Think you missed out the 'n' in that last word.
JFH first presser on 12:43 - Dec 8 with 1610 viewsDando

JFH first presser on 00:24 - Dec 8 by timcocking

Well, Ali and Sandro is a decent combination and we've not been conceding. I like Luongo, but it seems to be him or Ali. Not sure you can compare him with Junior, Luongo's no winger.

I bloody well hope we don't have to listen to more stuff about black managers for the next few weeks. That irritated me last time.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 0:28]

I would definately keep the Faurlin and Sandro partnership going, no doubt about it. Just be good to know Luongo is still considered as a sub or starts when Ali or Sandro are not fit, which is fairly likely to happen. My only concern is that Henry could be recalled. hes a hardworker, and sometimes managers come in and are impressed with that rather than looking at their overall ability. We have been far better without Henry in the side, although hes done hes job well when covering as right back or comign on as a late sub. That is where is he most useful, when you are ahead and protecting a lead
JFH first presser on 12:45 - Dec 8 with 1608 viewsDando

JFH first presser on 00:38 - Dec 8 by PunteR

I think Dando is comparing Chery with Hoilett not Luongo..
I think Luongo and Chery will be involved in lots of games between now and the end of the season.
Sandro and Faurlin haven't exactly got good medical records between them either.
Sandro might also get sold in Jan window if we are still trying to balance the books(who knows now). I think Luongo can become an important part of the squad still.

Correct - comparing Chery with Hoilett. Hoilett deserves some praise for some improved performances, but I still find him predicatable and runs into blind alleys far too often. Chery is a bit more unpredicatable and looks the sort of player that is likely to grab quite a few goals.

I do feel sometimes we start with a weaker/less creative team and then bring on our better players later.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024