Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Star Wars...what's that all about? 10:14 - Dec 16 with 21331 viewsRamseyR

I'm your typical 50 year old bloke, but am I the only person on the planet who has NEVER seen a Star Wars film all the way through, not even the original. I just don't get it.

Went to a shopping yesterday...Star wars shit everywhere
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:27 - Dec 19 with 3794 viewsexiled_dictator

i have no problem stating for the record that i have never seen

star wars
harry potter
hobbit series
dr who

i also have no interest in trying to understand them now
i think the star wars is like marmite, so condemning someone who either does or does not like it is meaningless
i wasn't here in 1977, but i am told it was available in iran pre the islamic state cinema
i do watch big bang theory; surely that counts for something?
or is it just penny?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:45 - Dec 19 with 3787 viewslondonscottish

Kid's films, surely? Like the Harry Potter stuff.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 21:50 - Dec 19 with 3756 viewsithastogetbetter

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:27 - Dec 19 by exiled_dictator

i have no problem stating for the record that i have never seen

star wars
harry potter
hobbit series
dr who

i also have no interest in trying to understand them now
i think the star wars is like marmite, so condemning someone who either does or does not like it is meaningless
i wasn't here in 1977, but i am told it was available in iran pre the islamic state cinema
i do watch big bang theory; surely that counts for something?
or is it just penny?

Yup, just Penny!
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 21:59 - Dec 19 with 3744 viewsJigsore

I actually love sci-fi but I never really got Star Wars. It's just big pew pew space battles with samurai mages right? kid's stuff. fair enough some people get nostalgic for it but if you didn't see it as a kid then i'm not sure why you'd be so excited

everyone's w*nking their c*cks till they've got friction burns about it but in 6 months time when the dust has settled we'll all agree it was a decent 7/10 action film that only got rated so hard because it was better than the Phantom Menace

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 22:09 - Dec 19 with 3731 viewsDorse

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 21:59 - Dec 19 by Jigsore

I actually love sci-fi but I never really got Star Wars. It's just big pew pew space battles with samurai mages right? kid's stuff. fair enough some people get nostalgic for it but if you didn't see it as a kid then i'm not sure why you'd be so excited

everyone's w*nking their c*cks till they've got friction burns about it but in 6 months time when the dust has settled we'll all agree it was a decent 7/10 action film that only got rated so hard because it was better than the Phantom Menace

I'll let you off because it's nearly Christmas. You do not know the POWER of the Dark Side (TM, Reg Trademark of the Disney Corporation)... Get'im, Pluto!

Seriously though, I was harbouring doubts but it's well worth a go.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 22:20 - Dec 19 with 3727 viewsPunteR

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 21:59 - Dec 19 by Jigsore

well i've just seen it and i thought it was ace. Then again i loved the originals.
I dont think it will gain new fans unless you're a kid.
Lots of pew pew battles
Without trying to give much away about the plot but my 12 year old daughter had a cry when she got home,and i must admit i had a lump in my throat. That wont mean anything if you wasnt a fan of the originals growing up,but to anyone who was and has seen it will know exactly what i mean.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 22:27 - Dec 19 with 3723 viewsdaveB

i can't wait to see it, rare that a movie can live up to the hype but I don't think I've been as excited to see something since the Breaking Bad finale.
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 22:33 - Dec 19 with 3710 viewsDorse

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 22:27 - Dec 19 by daveB

i can't wait to see it, rare that a movie can live up to the hype but I don't think I've been as excited to see something since the Breaking Bad finale.

Wait till you see the bit where the muscular, moustachioed pool boy inadvertently walks in on the two busty blonde stormtrooperesses (fcuk off, it IS a word) getting ready to celebrate Dark Side Homecoming...

Login to get fewer ads

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 22:50 - Dec 19 with 3696 viewsFredManRave

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 22:33 - Dec 19 by Dorse

Wait till you see the bit where the muscular, moustachioed pool boy inadvertently walks in on the two busty blonde stormtrooperesses (fcuk off, it IS a word) getting ready to celebrate Dark Side Homecoming...

Hand Solo?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 23:29 - Dec 19 with 3671 viewsDorse

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 22:50 - Dec 19 by FredManRave

Hand Solo?!

Nope. Duelling the purple-headed Darth Vader.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 02:25 - Dec 20 with 3620 viewsisawqpratwcity

Here's the lovely Ayshea displaying her naturalistic acting skills in UFO.

Note the handy tampon dispensing belt.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 08:26 - Dec 20 with 3592 viewsMonkey_Roots

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 08:35 - Dec 18 by RamseyR

Who would of thought a Star Wars thread could turn into sexy Friday!
Here's two lovely offerings from Blakes 7

ooohh Servelan!

That last one looked like someone tried to give her a pearl necklace in zero-gravity.
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 09:20 - Dec 20 with 3567 viewslondonscottish

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:16 - Dec 19 by Bluce_Ree

That's superb :-)

"He's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin."

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:12 - Dec 20 with 3534 viewsPommyhoop

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 09:20 - Dec 20 by londonscottish

That's superb :-)

"He's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin."

'' the planet where the teddy bears live''

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:16 - Dec 20 with 3533 viewsade_qpr

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:16 - Dec 19 by Bluce_Ree

A - that's very funny
B - In the Loop he was brilliant taking the piss out of most things
C - Funnier still and very ironic coming from a bloke that now flies off into space in a cops phone fighting dustbins with phallic projections on them in a show that was originally aimed at kids.

Yes I like the Original Star Wars movie and some of Dr Who.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:41 - Dec 20 with 3306 viewsisawqpratwcity

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:12 - Dec 20 by Pommyhoop

'' the planet where the teddy bears live''

"His father's a robot and he f*cking f*cks his sister."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 12:29 - Dec 20 with 3273 viewsTheBlob

Ah hell it's just a reworking of The Wizard Of Oz with some cheap Zen bunged in.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 12:37 - Dec 20 with 3268 viewsDorse

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 12:29 - Dec 20 by TheBlob

Ah hell it's just a reworking of The Wizard Of Oz with some cheap Zen bunged in.

Don't pay full price for Zen! Call 1-800-546- 6543 today - we have several thousand lifetimes of experience and have watched every episode of Monkey.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 12:53 - Dec 20 with 3259 viewsTheBlob

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 12:37 - Dec 20 by Dorse

Don't pay full price for Zen! Call 1-800-546- 6543 today - we have several thousand lifetimes of experience and have watched every episode of Monkey.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 16:21 - Dec 20 with 3197 viewsmacclesfieldman

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 12:53 - Dec 20 by TheBlob

I consider myself a film fanatic, have a season ticket and have seen 110 movies at the cinema this year but each to their own.
i have not seen any of:
Star Ways
X Men
The Matrix
Twighlight Zone
Harry Potter
ect ect, si-fi just doesnt do it for me. I like true stories or fictional tales that could happen in the real world.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 18:02 - Dec 20 with 3157 viewsLowerloftLad

I tried sitting through one of the movies yesterday I watched the first 10/15 minutes I turned off 20/25 mins can't see where the hype is myself

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 18:02 - Dec 20 with 3157 viewsTheBlob

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 16:21 - Dec 20 by macclesfieldman

I consider myself a film fanatic, have a season ticket and have seen 110 movies at the cinema this year but each to their own.
i have not seen any of:
Star Ways
X Men
The Matrix
Twighlight Zone
Harry Potter
ect ect, si-fi just doesnt do it for me. I like true stories or fictional tales that could happen in the real world.

Define "real".If it's fiction then anything is possible.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 18:21 - Dec 20 with 3140 viewsCiderwithRsie

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 18:02 - Dec 20 by TheBlob

Define "real".If it's fiction then anything is possible.

"All reading for pleasure is escape, whether it be Greek, mathematics, astronomy, Benedetto Croce or The Diary of the Forgotten Man. To say otherwise is to be an intellectual snob and a juvenile at the art of living" - Raymond Chandler
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 18:50 - Dec 20 with 3122 viewsTheBlob

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 18:21 - Dec 20 by CiderwithRsie

"All reading for pleasure is escape, whether it be Greek, mathematics, astronomy, Benedetto Croce or The Diary of the Forgotten Man. To say otherwise is to be an intellectual snob and a juvenile at the art of living" - Raymond Chandler

[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 18:53]

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 18:58 - Dec 20 with 3119 viewsDorse

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 16:21 - Dec 20 by macclesfieldman

i have not seen any of:
Star Ways
X Men
The Matrix
Twighlight Zone
Harry Potter

Doesn't that miss the point of cinema?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024