Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Star Wars...what's that all about? 10:14 - Dec 16 with 21737 viewsRamseyR

I'm your typical 50 year old bloke, but am I the only person on the planet who has NEVER seen a Star Wars film all the way through, not even the original. I just don't get it.

Went to a shopping yesterday...Star wars shit everywhere
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 19:06 - Dec 20 with 3200 viewsCiderwithRsie

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 18:50 - Dec 20 by TheBlob

[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 18:53]

"It means I never have to work again"
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 19:55 - Dec 20 with 3175 viewsPunteR

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 16:21 - Dec 20 by macclesfieldman

I consider myself a film fanatic, have a season ticket and have seen 110 movies at the cinema this year but each to their own.
i have not seen any of:
Star Ways
X Men
The Matrix
Twighlight Zone
Harry Potter
ect ect, si-fi just doesnt do it for me. I like true stories or fictional tales that could happen in the real world.

"Could happen"...?
How do you know that a long time ago in a galaxy far far away The Imperial Forces -- under orders from cruel Darth Vader -- hold Princess Leia hostage, in their efforts to quell the rebellion against the Galactic Empire. Luke Skywalker and Han Solo , captain of the Millennium Falcon, work together with the companionable droid duo R2-D2 and C-3PO to rescue the beautiful princess, help the Rebel Alliance, and restore freedom and justice to the Galaxy....never happened?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:04 - Dec 20 with 3167 viewsLadbrokeR

Mate it's complete tosh. Men with boxed figurines and attendance at conventions. What's that all about ?
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:04 - Dec 20 with 3166 viewsTheBlob

There's a school of thought that posits all fiction is as a result of the remote viewing of events taking place in an alternative universe.
Anything is possible,infinite amounts of universes,infinite amounts of continua.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:07 - Dec 20 with 3163 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:04 - Dec 20 by TheBlob

There's a school of thought that posits all fiction is as a result of the remote viewing of events taking place in an alternative universe.
Anything is possible,infinite amounts of universes,infinite amounts of continua.

I want to visit the QPR FA Cup 4th Round universe.
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:35 - Dec 20 with 3141 viewsPunteR

Apart from a Mike Leigh film or a Shane Meadows there's not many films out there that tries to keep it real.
Most films are just complete fantasy anyway. Nothing wrong with that.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 23:16 - Dec 20 with 3109 viewsisawqpratwcity

Never mind that a lot of sci-fi or fantasy films are just story telling vehicles for themes as old as man, eg, fear of the unknown, the role of the individual in a hostile world, the place of man in society, etc, how about the place of man in a world where technology is making him much more powerful, or even more threatening, man facing up to the threat of being superseded by artificial intelligence.

I have no problems with a distaste for lazy writing where plot problems can be solved by inventing a novel twist of the physics of their universe. Even fantasy universes must have rules. But sci-fi raises questions of imminent importance that to ignore it completely is paradoxically to live in an unreal universe.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 01:20 - Dec 21 with 3082 viewsPunteR

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 23:16 - Dec 20 by isawqpratwcity

Never mind that a lot of sci-fi or fantasy films are just story telling vehicles for themes as old as man, eg, fear of the unknown, the role of the individual in a hostile world, the place of man in society, etc, how about the place of man in a world where technology is making him much more powerful, or even more threatening, man facing up to the threat of being superseded by artificial intelligence.

I have no problems with a distaste for lazy writing where plot problems can be solved by inventing a novel twist of the physics of their universe. Even fantasy universes must have rules. But sci-fi raises questions of imminent importance that to ignore it completely is paradoxically to live in an unreal universe.

Probably the best sci fi i've seen recently is the spike Jonze's film 'Her' with Joaquin Phoenix.
Well worth a watch.

Login to get fewer ads

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 02:09 - Dec 21 with 3069 viewsisawqpratwcity

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 01:20 - Dec 21 by PunteR

Probably the best sci fi i've seen recently is the spike Jonze's film 'Her' with Joaquin Phoenix.
Well worth a watch.

I'll try to track it down.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 06:40 - Dec 21 with 3042 viewsloftboy

With reference.to the original post,I am 48 and haven't seen a.single minute of any of them.
Never been interested,when they came out I was ten and if it didn't involve a football I didn't want to know.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:34 - Dec 30 with 2945 viewslondonscottish

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:16 - Dec 19 by Bluce_Ree

I took my kids to see it and Malcolm Tucker's description was spot on.

There was the cowboy fellah, the woman with the hairdressing thing, the tin foil pal and the pedal bin. Lots of Airfix kits flying about and rubbish acting. When the guy in black took his helmet off I actually laughed out loud because he looked like such a dork. Painfully long at 2.16. It keep seeming to end and then something else unbeliveble would happen and it would lurch back into life again. Easily the worst film I've seen in 2015.

My kids (9 and 11) liked it which is fine. Just didn't do anything for me.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 11:16 - Dec 30 with 2917 viewsTheBlob

A mate of my bruv's told us they were auditioning for Imperial Troopers on the original film,come on down.
We told him to f*ck off.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 08:17 - Apr 13 with 2296 viewsthame_hoops

Episode 8 trailer released tomorrow, who else is excited?

11AM us east coast time, supposed to be a longer trailer too
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 08:26 - Apr 13 with 2283 viewsDorse

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 08:17 - Apr 13 by thame_hoops

Episode 8 trailer released tomorrow, who else is excited?

11AM us east coast time, supposed to be a longer trailer too

Timed to coincide with Rogue 1's DVD release. The Force is strong in The marketing department...

And yes, I am ridiculously excited about the trailer. As usual.

BTW - Rogue 1 was streets ahead of pretty much all of the movies to date. If the new one matches it, the increasingly limp Skywalker family therapy saga might get a shot of the good stuff once again. Personally, I'm looking forward to the section where they exhume the corpse of Jar Jar Binks and piss all over it. And then mercilessly beat all his relatives.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 18:55 - Apr 13 with 2180 viewsToast_R

Who's directing this time? If it's JJ Abrams again I won't hold out much hope. Rogue One was a thousand times better the his Force Awakens comic.
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 19:42 - Apr 13 with 2159 viewsthame_hoops

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 08:26 - Apr 13 by Dorse

Timed to coincide with Rogue 1's DVD release. The Force is strong in The marketing department...

And yes, I am ridiculously excited about the trailer. As usual.

BTW - Rogue 1 was streets ahead of pretty much all of the movies to date. If the new one matches it, the increasingly limp Skywalker family therapy saga might get a shot of the good stuff once again. Personally, I'm looking forward to the section where they exhume the corpse of Jar Jar Binks and piss all over it. And then mercilessly beat all his relatives.

Or could supreme leader snoke be jar jar?

I'm guessing it's going to be a middle episode like empire and won't have much of a satisfactory ending... will keeo us wanting MORE.

I was fortunate to be at the wrap party at the national history museum last year but nothing was given away at all.
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 21:24 - Apr 13 with 2121 viewsJuzzie

I saw Rouge One on DVD last night, first Star Wars film i havent seen at the cinema, and thought it was so much better than The Force Awakens which was just a rehash of Star Wars aka A New Hope.

Maybe because for the first time since Return of The Jedi we had proper stormtroopers, at-at's, tie fighters, x wings etc etc. and a few cameo appearances from R2D2, C3P0 and pigface and the walrus bullies from the cantina scene in the original star wars.

I like the way they managed to get Moff Tarkin looking like Peter Cushing and Leia too.
Ithought Vader was a bit wooden but good to see him back.

Hopefully a few more like Rouge One that fill gaps between the first trilogy.
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 21:57 - Apr 13 with 2107 viewsBluce_Ree

I've never been a huge fan of the series but I thought 7 was absolutely ace. Pure entertainment. Way better than the previous six.

Rogue One however was straight dogshit.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 00:39 - Apr 14 with 2066 viewsBoston

Never seen more than five minutes of any Star Wars...more of a Patrick Moore man myself.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 09:36 - Apr 14 with 2021 viewsDorse

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 21:57 - Apr 13 by Bluce_Ree

I've never been a huge fan of the series but I thought 7 was absolutely ace. Pure entertainment. Way better than the previous six.

Rogue One however was straight dogshit.

Jedis respond to Bluce's assessment.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:41 - Apr 14 with 1987 viewsdistortR

just so y'all know, I'm not looking for escapism.................i just want to escape.
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 19:41 - Apr 14 with 1928 viewsthame_hoops

Trailer;

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 22:50 - Apr 14 with 1874 viewsPunteR

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 19:41 - Apr 14 by thame_hoops

Trailer;

Looks ace.

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:04 - Apr 14 with 1866 viewsMatch82

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:45 - Dec 19 by londonscottish

Kid's films, surely? Like the Harry Potter stuff.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 00:21 - Apr 15 with 1850 viewsLythamR

you should have stuck around for more than five minutes of Return of the Jedi!! :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024