Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Star Wars...what's that all about? 10:14 - Dec 16 with 21834 viewsRamseyR

I'm your typical 50 year old bloke, but am I the only person on the planet who has NEVER seen a Star Wars film all the way through, not even the original. I just don't get it.

Went to a shopping yesterday...Star wars shit everywhere
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:16 - Dec 16 with 12933 viewsjonno

What's it about? Simple. It's about money.
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:19 - Dec 16 with 12912 viewsDiscodroids

Me to mate, never sat through a whole film of star wars.

Im the same with' lord of the ring's stuff as well. just cant get excited by tooled up elves, orcs and goblins.

I always envisage 50 year old fat blokes in 'warhammer' t shirts playing dungeons and dragons on line or going ironic, and playingthe board version 'just for kicks', while their mum washes their pants in the sink and drys them through a mangle.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 10:20]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:22 - Dec 16 with 12896 viewsTheBlob

Every nerd's fantasy...."I shall smite thee with my light sabre if you don't return my glasses"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:26 - Dec 16 with 12890 viewspaulparker

I'm a fan of the originals that and the original battlestar galactica
and being the spoilt little barsteward that I was I had all the figures and ships as a kid
I did think however that the previous 3 attempts were terrible so im hoping this one will be good if it isn't they should just give up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 13:02 - Dec 16 with 12805 viewsJuzzie

I was 10 when Star Wars came out and was hooked. Drove my family potty!
It was your deriguer fantasy story that usually involved days of ye olde times .... but now in space with lasers and lightsabres. What's not to like?!

It was only years later that I realised George Lucas, by his own admission, took every film cliche. It was intentional. The farm boy, the damsel in distress, the rogue but loveable cowboy, the nasty sheriff, the even nastier boss, the comedy buddies, the wise old man and so on.
He loved the Japanese film Director, Akira Kurosawa (The Magnificent Seven western was based on his own film, The Seven Samurai), and even some Star Wars costumes were Samurai based.
C3P0 and R2D2 were loosely based on two characters in Kurosawa's 'The Hidden Fortress'.... a tall thin man and a shorter rotund man and the film was told through them.
In a way, the same has happened with Star Wars I think, you could say the films have been told through the two robots.

The prequals were awful so really hoping the new one reawakens my childhood memories.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 13:16]
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 13:40 - Dec 16 with 12731 viewsDorse

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:19 - Dec 16 by Discodroids

Me to mate, never sat through a whole film of star wars.

Im the same with' lord of the ring's stuff as well. just cant get excited by tooled up elves, orcs and goblins.

I always envisage 50 year old fat blokes in 'warhammer' t shirts playing dungeons and dragons on line or going ironic, and playingthe board version 'just for kicks', while their mum washes their pants in the sink and drys them through a mangle.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 10:20]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 13:53 - Dec 16 with 12702 viewsdixiedean

I've never seen ( or wanted to see ) any of them. Nor Harry Potter. I bet Lewis Dunk has seen them all.
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 14:14 - Dec 16 with 12670 viewsPunteR

I loved the first ones when I was a kid growing up but the last 3 were awful.
I'm really hoping this latest one does the originals justice although I hate it that George Lucas tampered with the originals adding more special effects but nothing really to the story. Also getting rid of David Prowse at the end of Jedi replacing him with that wooden Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.
I'm glad Lucas has left the film with a proper director in JJ Abrams
I'm quite nostalgic anyway but its great having a star wars film back the Hans Solo, Skywalker, princess Leia..
Looking forward to taking my kids to the film, hopefully this weekend.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 14:17 - Dec 16 with 12663 viewsToast_R

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:26 - Dec 16 by paulparker

and being the spoilt little barsteward that I was I had all the figures and ships as a kid
I did think however that the previous 3 attempts were terrible so im hoping this one will be good if it isn't they should just give up

BSG classic and re-boot. Very good.

Bit of escapism from a unpleasant reality, what's wrong with that?
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 14:21 - Dec 16 with 12655 viewsCamberleyR

Me neither.Never seen/sat through any films of:
Star Wars
Star Trek
Harry Potter
Chronicles of Narnia
Lord of the Rings etc

I did quite enjoy reading The Hobbit as a kid though.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 14:23]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 14:51 - Dec 16 with 12617 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not into sci-fi or fantasy, but loved Star Wars as a kid.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 14:57 - Dec 16 with 12608 viewsWilloW4

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 10:26 - Dec 16 by paulparker

They won't give up PP, cos Disneys just paid a billion dollars/pounds for the whole stars wars stuff... Good for the folks who work at pinewood, but I personally couldn't careless.. Along with potter and Lord of the rings..not my cup of rosy, but good escapism for the kids so no harm done.
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 15:04 - Dec 16 with 12587 viewsMrSheen

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 14:57 - Dec 16 by WilloW4

They won't give up PP, cos Disneys just paid a billion dollars/pounds for the whole stars wars stuff... Good for the folks who work at pinewood, but I personally couldn't careless.. Along with potter and Lord of the rings..not my cup of rosy, but good escapism for the kids so no harm done.

I'm in. Won't watch Star-Anything or Anything-Man. Funnily enough, I'm off to Kerry tomorrow for a few days and the pub we are staying in is offering Star Wars weekends because the cast and crew drank there when they filmed on the Skelligs. Hope it won't be overrun by the nerds.
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 15:04 - Dec 16 with 12586 viewspaulparker

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 14:57 - Dec 16 by WilloW4

No they won't mate as they are already discussing spin off films on characters and a new tv series , I will watch the new film as its a part of my childhood , but l wont be rushing out or camping out to do it
I agree with you & DD on the Lord of the rings , Harry Potter tripe never got that or Star trek either

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 15:19 - Dec 16 with 12557 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 15:04 - Dec 16 by MrSheen

I'm in. Won't watch Star-Anything or Anything-Man. Funnily enough, I'm off to Kerry tomorrow for a few days and the pub we are staying in is offering Star Wars weekends because the cast and crew drank there when they filmed on the Skelligs. Hope it won't be overrun by the nerds.

Kerrymen would sell their Grannies if somebody famous spoke to them for a second!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 15:26 - Dec 16 with 12551 viewsstevec

I don't get it either. Reckon that C-3PO would be a Ramsey supporter.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 15:33 - Dec 16 with 12532 viewswombat

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 15:26 - Dec 16 by stevec

I don't get it either. Reckon that C-3PO would be a Ramsey supporter.

That pose reminds me of Tozer attempting a tackle for some reason ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 15:36 - Dec 16 with 12522 viewsPommyhoop

Nope, never been into Star Wars either.
Didn't mind Star Trek as a kid for some reason or other.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 13:26 - Dec 17 with 12379 viewsR_from_afar

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 15:36 - Dec 16 by Pommyhoop

Nope, never been into Star Wars either.
Didn't mind Star Trek as a kid for some reason or other.

I bet you loved Buck Rogers too but not because of Twinkie! Wilma Deering: crumbs she was foxy!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 14:01 - Dec 17 with 12337 viewsSimonJames

This is what got me hooked on Sci-Fi

100% of people who drink water will die.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 08:35 - Dec 18 with 12210 viewsRamseyR

Who would of thought a Star Wars thread could turn into sexy Friday!
Here's two lovely offerings from Blakes 7

ooohh Servelan!
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 08:38 - Dec 18 with 12207 viewsPommyhoop

I actually stayed in to watch this Mork and Mindy.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Star Wars...what's that all about? on 19:40 - Dec 19 with 12118 viewssixnil

It's very good
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 19:47 - Dec 19 with 12107 viewsterryb

I had to watch (and pay to do so) the original film. I'm told that was episode four!

Didn't have an interest in it then & still don't. My wife & son inform me that this latest is very good. I won't bother to test their judgement though!

Mind you, I do prefer Star Wars to James Bond!
Star Wars...what's that all about? on 20:16 - Dec 19 with 12063 viewsBluce_Ree

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024