Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Novice away travel 14:13 - Dec 22 with 2305 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Hello all. Not been to many away games recently but thinking of taking my seven year old son, my brother and my dad to Ipswich. Two things. On the website it says tickets are unassigned. Does that mean its a free for all when you get there or are will they have numbers. Also fellow drivers what is parking like? Ta for any info and happy christmas to all.
Novice away travel on 14:41 - Dec 22 with 2265 viewsDWQPR

Although I'm not going on Boxing Day I have been to Portman Road on a number of occasions. The away supporters are housed on one side of the ground in the corner, get tickets for upstairs if you can and make sure you get any food/drink and go to toilet early as the facilities are very cramped. There is a big municipal car park opposite the ground, cheap to park but can be slow getting out of. Other than that there are a few private car parks that operate for football.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Novice away travel on 15:24 - Dec 22 with 2212 viewslosethedrum

First thing is that the tickets go off sale at noon tomorrow so if you are going dont miss that deadline . Tickets should be numbered but as there are 700 or so left upstairs there will be room to move around , hope you have an enjoyable trip .
[Post edited 22 Dec 2015 15:26]
Novice away travel on 17:06 - Dec 22 with 2121 viewsstowmarketrange

You can pre book a parking space at Ipswich railway station car park for the afternoon for what looks like £2.70.That is about 5 mins away from the ground.Or there are a few streets that you can park in by the council offices for free.
There are a few decent pubs in the town centre that allow away fans in if you get there early enough.For the real ale brigade there is The Dove on St Helen's St,and they have a good selection of beers.My in-laws live close by and their postcode is IP42LR,which is near enough to be able to find the pub and there are loads of car parking spaces in the area.It is about a 15 minute walk to the ground from there,and there are loads of places to eat on the walk to the ground.
Novice away travel on 18:08 - Dec 22 with 2068 viewsterryb

Novice away travel on 17:06 - Dec 22 by stowmarketrange

You can pre book a parking space at Ipswich railway station car park for the afternoon for what looks like £2.70.That is about 5 mins away from the ground.Or there are a few streets that you can park in by the council offices for free.
There are a few decent pubs in the town centre that allow away fans in if you get there early enough.For the real ale brigade there is The Dove on St Helen's St,and they have a good selection of beers.My in-laws live close by and their postcode is IP42LR,which is near enough to be able to find the pub and there are loads of car parking spaces in the area.It is about a 15 minute walk to the ground from there,and there are loads of places to eat on the walk to the ground.

Another pub to consider besides the Station Hotel is Issacs, which is on the river front.

A bit expensive for Ipswich pubs, but cheaper than any in Shepherds Bush!

My personal choice is The Dove, but I expect it is a bit out of the way for most supporters. Away fans are not normally allowed in the town centre pubs.

For families or if you wanted to eat, The Beagle may be a sugestion. However, it is too far out for walking to the ground.

As far as parking goes, there are many car parks available, but my advice would be (if using one) try to find one in Burrell road. This isn't far from the ground, but it will save you loads of time when leaving. IF you park in the main football ground car park, allow an hour for departure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024