Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Gallen gone? 22:17 - Dec 28 with 18078 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Is this true?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Steve Gallen gone? on 17:05 - Jan 8 with 3769 viewsRangersw12

Steve Gallen gone? on 17:00 - Jan 8 by Mvpeter

Steve Gallen and Kevin Gallen told me this. Move him out of the position he couldn't be fired from in order to fire him down the line. He was not intrinsically linked to Ramsey by any means.

He didn't have to accept 1st team coach though and could of stayed where he was surely?
Steve Gallen gone? on 17:14 - Jan 8 with 3732 viewsJamie

Steve Gallen and Kevin Gallen told me this. Move him out of the position he couldn't be fired from in order to fire him down the line. He was not intrinsically linked to Ramsey by any means.

In which case he would have a slam dunk case for constructive dismissal and should file without hesitation.
Steve Gallen gone? on 22:39 - Jan 8 with 3463 viewsShotKneesHoop

Steve Gallen gone? on 11:00 - Dec 29 by daveB

Ferdinand answers a question that many on here, twitter and facebook have been asking about why so many black coaches, he didn't bring it up at all

We've quickly moved from the it's all Redknapps fault to it's all Ramseys fault now Ferdinand is the scapegoat. Once we drive him out we'll have to find someone new

It's still all Redknobb's, Our Tone and R'SWiPe's fault

Always will be. After that little lot have finished phoooking the club up, sorting out QPR is worse the labours of Hercules, (and not just Steptoe's horse)

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Steve Gallen gone? on 08:33 - Jan 9 with 3304 viewsdaveB

he's not been fired though
Steve Gallen gone? on 08:49 - Jan 9 with 3286 viewskingsburyR

I really don't get the infatuation with the Gallens on this site and with R's fan's in general.

QPR family - YES
Solid player (Kevin) - YES

But I don't associate the Gallens with success at QPR. Steven was shipped out quicker then shite off a shovel when Kevin signed pro at LR. Did a decent job on his return to look after the kids but nothing spectacular.

Kevin (I'm afraid wrecked his knee) and never hit the heights his potential and youth team record suggested.

The other brother is doing a solid job at wolves with Kenny Jackett.

So although Steven has gone....I won't be losing any sleep.

Apologies if that sounds harsh.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 8:49]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Steve Gallen gone? on 09:53 - Jan 9 with 3226 viewsTacticalR

It does indeed sound harsh.

The question is, is it sensible? Hasn't the club long been characterised by the attitude that it doesn't matter if we get rid of people who live and breathe the club because we can always purchase the services of someone better? Now that I think about it...it's a little paradigm of British society.

Air hostess clique

Steve Gallen gone? on 11:33 - Jan 18 with 3058 viewsMvpeter

Steve Gallen gone? on 17:14 - Jan 8 by Jamie

In which case he would have a slam dunk case for constructive dismissal and should file without hesitation.

Which he may pursue. Admitted its kevin that is raving about the conspiracy. Steve's just saddened by it.

Anyone saying he didn't have to take the job, literally nobody wanted it. He did them a big favour.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Steve Gallen gone? on 11:53 - Jan 18 with 3002 viewsnadera78

That's got to be one of the dumbest things ever posted on here. You're suggesting that Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey offered Steve Gallen a job coaching the first team, the most visible and important footballing part of the club, simply so that they could then sack him six months later? Your ITK bullsh*t just gets worse with every passing week.
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Gallen gone? on 12:07 - Jan 18 with 2952 viewsMvpeter

Steve Gallen gone? on 11:53 - Jan 18 by nadera78

That's got to be one of the dumbest things ever posted on here. You're suggesting that Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey offered Steve Gallen a job coaching the first team, the most visible and important footballing part of the club, simply so that they could then sack him six months later? Your ITK bullsh*t just gets worse with every passing week.

It's a form of constructive dismissal and is not a rare business practice to get rid of unwanted entrenched employees. We see this in all walks of life. If you have an issue with the theory take it up with them.

Steve Gallen gone? on 12:09 - Jan 18 with 2937 viewsdaveB

The big problem with the theory though is that if it's true it means Ramsey got the sack on purpose and I just don't see that happening.
Steve Gallen gone? on 12:11 - Jan 18 with 2932 viewsJonDoeman

Steve Gallen gone? on 12:07 - Jan 18 by Mvpeter

It's a form of constructive dismissal and is not a rare business practice to get rid of unwanted entrenched employees. We see this in all walks of life. If you have an issue with the theory take it up with them.

He was only a youth coach, if they wanted rid, they'd just sack him Shirley !

It Is What It Is !!

Steve Gallen gone? on 12:21 - Jan 18 with 2899 viewsMvpeter

Steve Gallen gone? on 12:09 - Jan 18 by daveB

The big problem with the theory though is that if it's true it means Ramsey got the sack on purpose and I just don't see that happening.

As I said Ramsey and Gallen were not intrinsically linked. You do not have to fire one to fire the other.

Les has replaced all of the youth coaches with assistant coaches from Tottenham. The only one with enough of a name to cause uproar was moved from his highly successful spell as 18s manager and was fired from the job he did as a favour 3 months later. His brother is certain this is the reason. Steve thinks there is some merit to the argument. He has had no positions created for him unlike others. I have no reason to lie. They might be wrong make up your own minds I don't really mind either way.

And results have plummeted. Let's not forget that.

Steve Gallen gone? on 14:16 - Jan 18 with 2749 viewsAntti_Heinola

Steve Gallen gone? on 12:21 - Jan 18 by Mvpeter

As I said Ramsey and Gallen were not intrinsically linked. You do not have to fire one to fire the other.

Les has replaced all of the youth coaches with assistant coaches from Tottenham. The only one with enough of a name to cause uproar was moved from his highly successful spell as 18s manager and was fired from the job he did as a favour 3 months later. His brother is certain this is the reason. Steve thinks there is some merit to the argument. He has had no positions created for him unlike others. I have no reason to lie. They might be wrong make up your own minds I don't really mind either way.

This is really interesting stuff.
On the one hand, Les is completely out of his depth and has no idea what he's doing.
On the other, he's a Machiavellian genius, expertly masterminding the downfall of his long-time nemesis, Steve Gallen.
On the one hand, Les is busy hiring most of the Spurs backroom staff to replace members of the QPR backroom staff - but on the other is completely unable to persuade even one of them - or anyone else - to take a first team coach role.
As others have argued, why not just release Gallen from his old role if that's what he wanted to do? Surely his own sacking, in the scenario put forward by MVP, rested on Ramsey being fired too? But no - Gallen and Ramsey are not intrinsically linked, he says. So, in that case, Gallen did QPR a favour by accepting a promotion (er, ok), but Les's plan was to get rid of him all along at some stage in the future - even though, we're also told, no one else on earth wanted the job. OK.
MVP tells us this all as fact, 'heard from the horse's mouth' - but it then turns out it's not from the horse's mouth at all. The horse's mouth would be Les, in this case, not a disgruntled former employee - and in fact we then learn that it's not even the disgruntled former employee that he heard it from, but his brother, an even more disgruntled former employee - and, worse, that Steve himself doesn't really buy this ludicrous conspiracy theory that is so full of holes you could pin it to some goalposts and use it as a net.
And finally, after all that, MVP even distances himself from it by saying that's just what someone else said and you can believe it or not. Quite the climb down.

Personally, I think Steve Gallen has been treated poorly and I'm extremely sorry he's going. He's a good man, a good coach who I think deserved his chance with the first team, but who I think deserves much better than the club have given him in the last few months. But I can't buy this story, I'm sorry. It's utter nonsense.

Bare bones.

Steve Gallen gone? on 14:30 - Jan 18 with 2716 viewsdaveB

Steve Gallen gone? on 12:21 - Jan 18 by Mvpeter

Didn't Steve Gallen leave the under 18 role a few years ago, i thought he was doing the under 21's last season.

It's a nice conspiracy theory and being used a stick to beat Les Ferdinand with but sadly it's utter fantasy. If Ferdinand wanted rid of Gallen he would have just got rid of him last year rather than promote him and then put him on gardening leave when JFH said he didn't want him and try and find him a new role.

The stuff about only hiring Spurs coaches is bollocks as well. Here is a list of the staff at QPR, only 2 come from Spurs, Ramsey and Suckling. Ferdinand has hired more former Brighton coaches than Spurs

Manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
Assistant Manager David Oldfield - -
First Team Coach Dirk Heesen
Goalkeeping Coach Gavin Ward
Goalkeeping Coach Paul Crichton
Head of Fitness Carl Serrant
-
ACADEMY

Technical Director Chris Ramsey
Academy Manager Perry Suckling
Head of Coaching and Coach Education Simon Ireland
Senior Professional Development Coach Paul Hall
Professional Development Coach Paul Furlong
Assistant Professional Development Coach Murray Jones
Head Academy Goalkeeper Coach Dean Thornton
Lead Youth Development Coach Eddie Munnelly
Assistant Youth Development Coach TBC
Lead Foundation Coach Lee Hayes
Coach Andy Impey
-Head of Academy Recruitment Gary Karsa
-
Steve Gallen gone? on 14:42 - Jan 18 with 2670 viewsMvpeter

Steve Gallen gone? on 14:16 - Jan 18 by Antti_Heinola

This is really interesting stuff.
On the one hand, Les is completely out of his depth and has no idea what he's doing.
On the other, he's a Machiavellian genius, expertly masterminding the downfall of his long-time nemesis, Steve Gallen.
On the one hand, Les is busy hiring most of the Spurs backroom staff to replace members of the QPR backroom staff - but on the other is completely unable to persuade even one of them - or anyone else - to take a first team coach role.
As others have argued, why not just release Gallen from his old role if that's what he wanted to do? Surely his own sacking, in the scenario put forward by MVP, rested on Ramsey being fired too? But no - Gallen and Ramsey are not intrinsically linked, he says. So, in that case, Gallen did QPR a favour by accepting a promotion (er, ok), but Les's plan was to get rid of him all along at some stage in the future - even though, we're also told, no one else on earth wanted the job. OK.
MVP tells us this all as fact, 'heard from the horse's mouth' - but it then turns out it's not from the horse's mouth at all. The horse's mouth would be Les, in this case, not a disgruntled former employee - and in fact we then learn that it's not even the disgruntled former employee that he heard it from, but his brother, an even more disgruntled former employee - and, worse, that Steve himself doesn't really buy this ludicrous conspiracy theory that is so full of holes you could pin it to some goalposts and use it as a net.
And finally, after all that, MVP even distances himself from it by saying that's just what someone else said and you can believe it or not. Quite the climb down.

Personally, I think Steve Gallen has been treated poorly and I'm extremely sorry he's going. He's a good man, a good coach who I think deserved his chance with the first team, but who I think deserves much better than the club have given him in the last few months. But I can't buy this story, I'm sorry. It's utter nonsense.

'On the one hand, Les is completely out of his depth and has no idea what he's doing. ' ok
'On the other, he's a Machiavellian genius, expertly masterminding the downfall of his long-time nemesis, Steve Gallen. ' No just a hamfisted removal of a member of staff in an entrenched position.
'On the one hand, Les is busy hiring most of the Spurs {assistant youth coaches} to replace members of the QPR full youth coaches'
'On the other hand he is completely unable to persuade even one of them or anyone else to take a first team coaching role which is a completely different role requiring very different skills and requiring experience that those assistant in the Spurs academy do not have and are unlikely to want to attempt. What your explanation for the Youth director, U18's coach and head of coaching making up the first team appointments? The best choices? Laughable.

Why does anyone do the practice described when 'they could just fire them.' Because we have a measure of legal protection from these things, it is more difficult to fire someone who has worked in a role for a number of years successfully. Firing him and replacing him without these extenuating factors would have caused a much greater uproar because the masses wouldn't just see it as an unfortunate set of circumstances but as an intentional act.

The horse's mouth could be and is Steve in this case. He is the subject of this debate. And his is the mouth that told me. Don't know where you get that he doesn't see the merit based on me saying he may pursue constructive dismissal based on this belief. I merely said that Kevin is far more pissed off about it. Steve spoke like he saw this sort of thing coming eventually.

'And finally, after all that, MVP even distances himself from it by saying that's just what someone else said and you can believe it or not. Quite the climb down. '

A statement of fact entirely consistent with everything I've said.

'I don't know the man but I can tell you that what he asserts about his own life is utter nonsense based on my own suppositions and twisting of the story.'

Steve Gallen gone? on 14:44 - Jan 18 with 2284 viewsNW10Hoop

Steve Gallen gone? on 12:07 - Jan 18 by Mvpeter

But we're a club that has paid off countless managers, given players "loyalty" bonuses as they left and even terminated contracts of players in the last couple few years - all of which cost millions, yet they had to come up with a scheme to promote Steve Gallen, leave him in place for few months and then confident in the results going badly - remove him from the post - with Chris Ramsey being collateral damage?

They've recently written off a couple of hundred million quid, pretty sure they could have just paid Steve Gallen off if they really wanted rid before his job promotion..... Unless of course, the rumours of QPR overpaying are true and they now can't afford to terminate him and pay up a multi million pound contract?!

Surely the stuff of pure fantasy. I'd feel like a bit of a muppet even relaying that story. If it somehow ends up being true, I am nominating myself to be our new Chairman, CEO, DOF or whatever. Seems like a proper laugh
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 14:48]
Steve Gallen gone? on 14:51 - Jan 18 with 2260 viewsMvpeter

Steve Gallen gone? on 14:30 - Jan 18 by daveB

Didn't Steve Gallen leave the under 18 role a few years ago, i thought he was doing the under 21's last season.

It's a nice conspiracy theory and being used a stick to beat Les Ferdinand with but sadly it's utter fantasy. If Ferdinand wanted rid of Gallen he would have just got rid of him last year rather than promote him and then put him on gardening leave when JFH said he didn't want him and try and find him a new role.

The stuff about only hiring Spurs coaches is bollocks as well. Here is a list of the staff at QPR, only 2 come from Spurs, Ramsey and Suckling. Ferdinand has hired more former Brighton coaches than Spurs

Manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
Assistant Manager David Oldfield - -
First Team Coach Dirk Heesen
Goalkeeping Coach Gavin Ward
Goalkeeping Coach Paul Crichton
Head of Fitness Carl Serrant
-
ACADEMY

Technical Director Chris Ramsey
Academy Manager Perry Suckling
Head of Coaching and Coach Education Simon Ireland
Senior Professional Development Coach Paul Hall
Professional Development Coach Paul Furlong
Assistant Professional Development Coach Murray Jones
Head Academy Goalkeeper Coach Dean Thornton
Lead Youth Development Coach Eddie Munnelly
Assistant Youth Development Coach TBC
Lead Foundation Coach Lee Hayes
Coach Andy Impey
-Head of Academy Recruitment Gary Karsa
-

Yes sorry he was doing the U21's

I know you don't think the Academy is three directors and 9 coaches.

Steve Gallen gone? on 15:07 - Jan 18 with 2234 viewsdaveB

Steve Gallen gone? on 14:51 - Jan 18 by Mvpeter

Yes sorry he was doing the U21's

I know you don't think the Academy is three directors and 9 coaches.

So who are all the Spurs people that have come in.

Ferdinand has brought in people from various clubs at that level, pure fantasy to suggest he's only hiring from Spurs
Steve Gallen gone? on 15:21 - Jan 18 with 2204 viewsMvpeter

Steve Gallen gone? on 15:07 - Jan 18 by daveB

So who are all the Spurs people that have come in.

Ferdinand has brought in people from various clubs at that level, pure fantasy to suggest he's only hiring from Spurs

When Nigel Quashie or Steve etc say so and so has just gone to make room for so and so I accept it. When I'm sent pictures of the letters releasing staff with a couple of lines in them I don't think ' oh thats not nice but its only some of them.'

Like how we accept Kia Joobriachan (sp?) was behind a lot of our downfall in 2012/2013. I can't remember precisely off the top of my head which players were his and I can't remember the names of youth coaches I've not heard of before or since but I still know Kia made himself richer off of us and I know we have let coaches go, apparently unfairly, in order to get 'what else another Tottenham boy'

Steve Gallen gone? on 15:25 - Jan 18 with 2192 viewsdaveB

Steve Gallen gone? on 15:21 - Jan 18 by Mvpeter

When Nigel Quashie or Steve etc say so and so has just gone to make room for so and so I accept it. When I'm sent pictures of the letters releasing staff with a couple of lines in them I don't think ' oh thats not nice but its only some of them.'

Like how we accept Kia Joobriachan (sp?) was behind a lot of our downfall in 2012/2013. I can't remember precisely off the top of my head which players were his and I can't remember the names of youth coaches I've not heard of before or since but I still know Kia made himself richer off of us and I know we have let coaches go, apparently unfairly, in order to get 'what else another Tottenham boy'

But they have brought in coaches from Brighton, Reading, Palace and Burton as well as Spurs. Andy Impey has come in and Paul Hall who was working in non league before he came to us. I just don't buy we are only hiring Spurs because we're not.
Steve Gallen gone? on 15:29 - Jan 18 with 2186 viewsMvpeter

Steve Gallen gone? on 15:25 - Jan 18 by daveB

But they have brought in coaches from Brighton, Reading, Palace and Burton as well as Spurs. Andy Impey has come in and Paul Hall who was working in non league before he came to us. I just don't buy we are only hiring Spurs because we're not.

Fair enough. Clearly we've cast our net further than that.

Steve Gallen gone? on 15:50 - Jan 18 with 2135 viewsMatch82

Steve might be a good coach, or a terrible coach - I don't know, I've never met the man or worked with him.

But he is undoubtedly a QPR fan. I believe a lot of the issues with the core of the club stem from the lack of QPR people within the club. Decisions which were made with a view to achieving personal success in the next 2-5 years ("I got them promoted", "I cut the wage bill", "I increased our brand equity abroad") rather than ensuring that we would be a well managed, sustainable club 50 years from now. In short, people who were faced with a decision about solidifying their personal future, or the clubs, and picked the former. You know who does that? People who aren't QPR fans.

I cant comment on Steves situation because i simply dont know a lot about it. But every time we lose a person who has the best long term interests of the club at heart, it has to be a bad thing.
Steve Gallen gone? on 15:56 - Jan 18 with 2116 viewsMvpeter

I believe he's still technically there. We should still try and find him a role.

Steve Gallen gone? on 16:39 - Jan 18 with 2056 viewsAntti_Heinola

Steve Gallen gone? on 15:56 - Jan 18 by Mvpeter

I believe he's still technically there. We should still try and find him a role.

Can he play left back?

Bare bones.

Steve Gallen gone? on 16:42 - Jan 18 with 2046 viewsMvpeter

Steve Gallen gone? on 16:39 - Jan 18 by Antti_Heinola

Can he play left back?

Do footballers have positions now? I can't keep track.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024