Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere 01:39 - Jan 2 with 11569 viewsFredManRave

The atmosphere, or lack there of, certainly came through "loud and clear" on the stream of BEIN that I watched. The occasional "Faurlin" and, er, nothing else. I've no idea if it's just a general malaise that's running through the fans that go to games at the moment and it's been a long time since I was regularly going to games but even back then, in the "Real" shite that we were going through of the late 90's I'm sure we used to get behind the players alot more.

"Johnny Hollins/Gerry Francis Blue and White Army" ringing around the ground for 10, 15, 20 minutes without a break and in general alot more vocal backing and singing in support of the team. I've no idea if the current state of the atmosphere is as a result of the last 5 years of "football" that is taking its toll on the fans but it's not like I remember it. And unfortunately I don't know how/if it can get back to like it was. Such a shame as ironically the players and manager need it more than ever at the moment.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Atmosphere on 01:44 - Jan 2 with 8679 viewsWilloW4

Loftus road : graveyard.. Nothing to cheer/sing.. Terrible game, terrible team.! Sing your hearts out for ...????????
Atmosphere on 01:48 - Jan 2 with 8666 viewsPunteR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Atmosphere on 02:12 - Jan 2 with 8619 viewsvegasranger

I watched on Bein sports as well and you can see why there is no atmosphere. We play terrible football. No decent passing, shots on target. No obvious style of play. It certainly didn't look any better that the Ramsay era.
Atmosphere on 02:59 - Jan 2 with 8579 viewsFredManRave

It's just an observation really, not a criticism because I suppose it's understandable. I'd suggest that the football was worse in the late 90's when you think back to the players and managers that we had then but the difference nowadays is how our expectations have changed and that now we have "international" players and are paying an absolute fortune for the "privilege" whereas back then we had neither.

Progress, Fernandes style.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Atmosphere on 03:25 - Jan 2 with 8559 viewsPunteR

Atmosphere on 02:59 - Jan 2 by FredManRave

It's just an observation really, not a criticism because I suppose it's understandable. I'd suggest that the football was worse in the late 90's when you think back to the players and managers that we had then but the difference nowadays is how our expectations have changed and that now we have "international" players and are paying an absolute fortune for the "privilege" whereas back then we had neither.

Progress and Fernandes should not be in the same sentence.
Buffoon and ignorant should be.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Atmosphere on 03:30 - Jan 2 with 8554 viewsTacticalR

Even the Hull fans sounded dejected.

Air hostess clique

Atmosphere on 14:31 - Jan 2 with 8252 viewsRaymond

Worst I've ever known it in my 39 years.
Atmosphere on 14:37 - Jan 2 with 8238 viewsNortholt_Rs

Atmosphere on 14:31 - Jan 2 by Raymond

Worst I've ever known it in my 39 years.

Same as - it was like a bloody morgue. Hard to believe it's the same place that was bouncing to 'Taraabt's too good for you' against the sheepshaggers in the promo year. What a complete ball's up Fernandes has made of things - and spunked over £200m in the process. Pathetic

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Atmosphere on 14:40 - Jan 2 with 8231 viewsBakes

Doesn't help when u have toss pots like the bunch of spotty teenagers dressed in Fake Stone Island and up to their eyeballs in bashed up nose powder in the Q block singing "We want our Warnock Back" and calling JFH "a Chelsea C***"". I sit in the R block and have done for 8 seasons, the last 2 have been horrible, fans arguing/fighting with each other, I don't enjoy going anymore, it's toxic down at LR these days.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Atmosphere on 14:46 - Jan 2 with 8211 viewsRaymond

The club is so divided atm. Pro TF anti TF. Pro Henry anti Henry. What badge is better, should we sack the manager after 6 games, why isn't Green dropped, no Green is a great shot stopper. It's ridiculous. All I know is that it's a very miserable place to be these days.
Atmosphere on 14:52 - Jan 2 with 8193 viewsbosh67

Last two games have been dire. As I keep banging on, football is an entertainment industry. Play entertaining football you get a reaction. Play disjointed football you get very little. People pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time on this club. The product on the pitch is all important. Even if you lose you go down fighting. But at home QPR has to play as if it is the main attraction, not the support act for the away team.

By the way fair play to both Hull and Huddersfield fans for making the crazy fixture journey down to the south on 2 holiday days. Neither of them resorted to the usual 'your support id f*cking sh*t chant' and as it was so quite both sets of supporters had a good nap during the game. I think a few Hull fans had to be woken up at the end to tell them they had won, or even played at all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Atmosphere on 14:57 - Jan 2 with 8178 viewsTacticalR

Atmosphere on 14:52 - Jan 2 by bosh67

Last two games have been dire. As I keep banging on, football is an entertainment industry. Play entertaining football you get a reaction. Play disjointed football you get very little. People pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time on this club. The product on the pitch is all important. Even if you lose you go down fighting. But at home QPR has to play as if it is the main attraction, not the support act for the away team.

By the way fair play to both Hull and Huddersfield fans for making the crazy fixture journey down to the south on 2 holiday days. Neither of them resorted to the usual 'your support id f*cking sh*t chant' and as it was so quite both sets of supporters had a good nap during the game. I think a few Hull fans had to be woken up at the end to tell them they had won, or even played at all.

Hull did give us a blast of:
'How shít must you be? We're winning away.'
but otherwise did not intrude too much into private grief

Air hostess clique

Atmosphere on 15:15 - Jan 2 with 8128 viewsBoston

Atmosphere on 03:30 - Jan 2 by TacticalR

Even the Hull fans sounded dejected.

Yeah, I also watched via BEIN and noted the first time we heard Hull was at five mins into the second half. The atmosphere....non existent.
As a regular irregular, I fly over for three to five games a year, the change in supporters character and temperament has been very noticeable. I believe there is more than football causing the angst and consider the rapid changes in society to have left many a little unsure / angry / out of sorts etc etc with the world, the only constant being the Club and unfortunately this is also letting them down. Over to you Sigmund.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 15:19]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Atmosphere on 15:17 - Jan 2 with 8121 viewskysersosaqpr

In over 40 years of watching QPR, the last two games have been the flattest atmosphere I've ever witnessed. It was better in the 1st division than this now for support. Disenchantment at a new high?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Atmosphere on 15:23 - Jan 2 with 8087 viewsDejR_vu

The regulars have been worn down over the last few years. Rubbish football, players who are only there for the money, totally detached from the fan base. It's just not any fun being there.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Atmosphere on 15:26 - Jan 2 with 8079 viewsMatch82

Atmosphere on 02:59 - Jan 2 by FredManRave

Suspect a large chunk of it has to do with money.

Back in the day when you could get in for 2 and 6, I'm sure there was more patience.
Now, paying through the nose, people are expecting to be entertained. Understandably so. So when football is dire, patience isn't there
Atmosphere on 16:03 - Jan 2 with 8035 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought that at the last two games many of the fans were simply a disgrace. To call them supporters would be factually incorrect. The negativity is understandable but so many of them are simply hoping that we fugg up so they can insult their least favourite player/manager/DoF or so that they can crack an oh-so-hilarious one-liner.

My sister was at HQ yesterday. She's 35 and has been to hundreds of games and her comment was that our fans were practically sucking the ball into our own net. Apart from the obvious comment that Green was there to do that for us, I make her dead right.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 20:02]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Atmosphere on 16:17 - Jan 2 with 7981 viewsDiscodroids

Cant knock the faithful who showed up yesterday , but the atmos did come across like a cross between Brezhnevs State Funeral and 2 mile queue for bread and fish heads in 1970's east Germany.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Atmosphere on 16:30 - Jan 2 with 7954 viewsqueensparker

The atmosphere against Brighton was fantastic, that was only two weeks ago. Let's not get too glum - if we play well the crowd will react

The whole direct booing and morning at Fer/Henry is a new thing though. I presume it's from the generation of FIFA Xbox fans who have never played an actual game and think running and passing is as easy as pressing a button on their controller
Atmosphere on 16:39 - Jan 2 with 7921 viewsBakes

When I saw Fer getting ready to come on I was dreading it, I knew what was gonna happen and sure enough Fer was booed on, and Henry was cheered off, pathetic. I'm actually embarrassed by it. Do other teams "supporters" act like this?

It has to stop, yes were there to be entertained but were also there to provide support, to back our team, to be the 12th man, opposition teams must relish playing at Loftus road these days because once a goal goes in we turn on our own like spoilt petulant kids and get on our players backs, some people need to take a good look at themselves, we support QPR not Arsenal or Man City, we're going to lose games, you don't support QPR because we win every week! The reason I started supporting rangers was because I loved the atmosphere, the sense of belonging and the tremendous support and I wanted to be part of it, any youngsters who turn up to LR these days would run for the hills and I don't blame them.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 16:43]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Atmosphere on 16:45 - Jan 2 with 7902 viewsthemodfather

for the first time since dec 99 i choose not to attend a home game, this team is lost, i fear ferdinand is causing grief behind the scenes .....we have no leader,little formation, poxy goalie, mute support and we could be sacking mangers weekly again....sick of it
Atmosphere on 17:20 - Jan 2 with 7824 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Atmosphere on 14:40 - Jan 2 by Bakes

Doesn't help when u have toss pots like the bunch of spotty teenagers dressed in Fake Stone Island and up to their eyeballs in bashed up nose powder in the Q block singing "We want our Warnock Back" and calling JFH "a Chelsea C***"". I sit in the R block and have done for 8 seasons, the last 2 have been horrible, fans arguing/fighting with each other, I don't enjoy going anymore, it's toxic down at LR these days.

Yes I am in R block as well mate and heard that. Really thought that was poor but guessed they were drunk or high.
Atmosphere on 17:21 - Jan 2 with 7821 viewsbrewers_hoop

Atmosphere on 15:23 - Jan 2 by DejR_vu

The regulars have been worn down over the last few years. Rubbish football, players who are only there for the money, totally detached from the fan base. It's just not any fun being there.

Exactly this. I drag myself along every week out of habit and stare blankly into space for almost the entire 90 minutes. Could barely manage to stir myself from my slumber when we scored yesterday. At least in the Ramsey days it was more entertaining (top scorers and conceders in the division). And that doesn't mean I want JFH out after six games - far from it - would just like to be entertained once in a while.
Atmosphere on 17:45 - Jan 2 with 7755 viewspaulparker

I thought it was a good crowd considering, that said the board missed a trick big time yesterday
They should have offered at least 2 free pints before the game like Leicester have done
It didn't take a genius to work out that a New Year's Day game against a team that would bring about 200 fans would be a dead rubber, get the fans up for it, a couple of pints would have had least got a few people going
Also the way we play isn't very inspiring we ain't very high tempo , especially leaving polter up top on his own , if we had got at Hull from the off then it may have been different

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Atmosphere on 17:50 - Jan 2 with 7737 viewsElHoop

I share a couple of season tickets and it was my turn yesterday but I didn't go as Monday was pretty depressing and we had visitors and I was just worn out after seeing in the New Year. Difficult to imagine many people feeling on top of the world at 5.00pm yesterday - totally stupid day and time for a football match.

The atmosphere has generally been poor for ages now. I don't hear most of stupid chants from the other side so can't comment but booing the 0-0 HT on Monday was pretty poor. I guess that there's no goodwill left in the bank so far as some supporters are concerned. We just never seem to get even a semblance of a head of steam to which we can latch onto. I don't think that people want to be silent, it's just that there's nothing going on out there most of the time. We don't build possession and hold the ball very well so we never seem to be getting on top even for a couple of minutes at a time. Without possession it's hard to get an atmosphere going. The best atmosphere this season was the Brighton game, when this was the team, but how often will that XI be fit:

Green
Perch
Onuoha
Hall
Konchesky
Sandro
Faurlin
Phillips
Fer
Hoilett
Austin
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising