Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cnts 10:33 - Jan 22 with 4842 viewssimmo

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Cnts on 10:42 - Jan 22 with 3861 viewsWokingR

It'll be fine
It's over 3 weeks away
No one will have bought a train ticket yet will they

W@nkers
Cnts on 11:00 - Jan 22 with 3780 viewsNorthernr

They're getting worse this season, particularly in our division. They now do a thing where they release a set of Championship fixtures for the month, then a few weeks later add to them. So you see the announcement for 'March games on Sky', think your other March games are safe, and then potentially lose one a few weeks later.

The worst thing about it is there's no real excuse for it. You can look at the league tables now, know who's up there, know who's down there, know what's going to be a big games, and schedule it through until May give or take a bit of uncertainty with the FA Cup.

Why do they have to be such sods about it?
Cnts on 11:16 - Jan 22 with 3691 viewsQPunkR

Just an experiment to see how much they can cnt every single fan off before the last one throws in the towel, no doubt.

QPR - "shit but local"

Cnts on 11:28 - Jan 22 with 3632 viewsqpr1976

Have I missed something ?

Why are we upset at an Arsenal v Leciester fixtire change ?
Cnts on 11:28 - Jan 22 with 3632 viewsisawqpratwcity

Cnts on 11:16 - Jan 22 by QPunkR

Just an experiment to see how much they can cnt every single fan off before the last one throws in the towel, no doubt.

Will they then use a 'canned' audience track?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Cnts on 11:33 - Jan 22 with 3608 viewsNorthernr

Cnts on 11:28 - Jan 22 by qpr1976

Because it's been done three weeks before the fixture was due to take place. Means all the leicester fans planning to travel by train now have worthless (but very expensive) tickets for to London on the Saturday, and will have to pay for new ones (at high prices as it's only three weeks away) to do the same journey on Sunday. Same thing happened to us with our Middlesbrough game. It's an issue wider than Arsenal v Leicester.
Cnts on 11:36 - Jan 22 with 3573 viewsQPunkR

Cnts on 11:28 - Jan 22 by isawqpratwcity

Will they then use a 'canned' audience track?

Tried it in Germany didn't they, until the fans twigged.

QPR - "shit but local"

Cnts on 11:37 - Jan 22 with 3567 viewssimmo

Cnts on 11:28 - Jan 22 by qpr1976

Because countless Leicester fans have already bought tickets to travel to the game against Arsenal, only for Sky to move it and fck their plans. It's not about 'us and them' especially when the same thing happened to us not long ago for the Boro game.

It's the lack of consideration to the actual fans that attend games that pisses people off, some of the away attendances for Thursday night games this season have been a disgrace - yet they want the 'incredible atmospheres' for their games so more people watch.

It also means instead of us all being able to plan and buy tickets for things well in advance whilst they're available cheap, we're holding off until announcements are made and spending more because of it (as above, even that doesn;t always work). Unless you want to gamble and hope it's not moved.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Cnts on 11:40 - Jan 22 with 3545 viewslondonscottish

The home games are getting ridiculous now. 12.30 is just a sh t time for a KO. I hate it.

Wolves was originally 3.00. And wasn't Fulham originally 3.00 as well?

Anyway, I have 12.30's and will now miss both games. That's 6 tickets gone.

All for the fricking TV

And no, I don't want to watch TV at 1.30 either. Fckrs.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 11:43]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Cnts on 11:44 - Jan 22 with 3518 viewsNorthernr

Cnts on 11:40 - Jan 22 by londonscottish

The home games are getting ridiculous now. 12.30 is just a sh t time for a KO. I hate it.

All for the fricking TV

The Championship 1230 games are particularly annoying, not only for the lack of atmosphere, but also because they're there purely to try and clip the audience of BT's Premier League match at the same time. The audience they get is absolutely pitiful.
Cnts on 11:48 - Jan 22 with 3499 viewspaulparker

All for the fricking TV

yep 12.30 is a sh1t KO time , I hate them, pretty much all of the games that kick off at that time are awful

no one is awake, no one has had a beer, the atmosphere is poor , no one can be arsed
I do wonder how much we get for these sky championship TV games if its a few hundred grand , could we not just tell them to poke it ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Cnts on 11:56 - Jan 22 with 3459 viewsPinnerPaul

Cnts on 11:48 - Jan 22 by paulparker

yep 12.30 is a sh1t KO time , I hate them, pretty much all of the games that kick off at that time are awful

no one is awake, no one has had a beer, the atmosphere is poor , no one can be arsed
I do wonder how much we get for these sky championship TV games if its a few hundred grand , could we not just tell them to poke it ?

Think Leeds tried that and failed PP

Will be in league rules that you basically KO when told.
Cnts on 12:06 - Jan 22 with 3408 viewspaulparker

Cnts on 11:56 - Jan 22 by PinnerPaul

Think Leeds tried that and failed PP

Will be in league rules that you basically KO when told.

maybe us, Leeds , Wolves, Forest, Derby, Cardiff, and a few others could get together then Pinner and say we will not be part of the SKY deal next year if we have these stupid kick off times , perhaps we could look to negotiate a tv deal elsewhere with just the top 10 championship clubs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Cnts on 12:14 - Jan 22 with 3377 viewswhittocksRs

Cnts on 12:06 - Jan 22 by paulparker

maybe us, Leeds , Wolves, Forest, Derby, Cardiff, and a few others could get together then Pinner and say we will not be part of the SKY deal next year if we have these stupid kick off times , perhaps we could look to negotiate a tv deal elsewhere with just the top 10 championship clubs

There's no way any club in the Football League will ever say they won't be part of the Sky / BT deals. There's more money in football than ever and the fans just simply have to suck it up; clubs are not fighting their corners. Very sad state of affairs, which isn't even being addressed as crowds go down due to over-pricing.
Cnts on 12:30 - Jan 22 with 3313 viewspaulparker

Cnts on 12:14 - Jan 22 by whittocksRs

There's no way any club in the Football League will ever say they won't be part of the Sky / BT deals. There's more money in football than ever and the fans just simply have to suck it up; clubs are not fighting their corners. Very sad state of affairs, which isn't even being addressed as crowds go down due to over-pricing.

The Sky Prem deal, no your right mate no club can turn it down
the League TV deal cant be worth that much surely otherwise cherlino wouldn't have threated to ban sky from the ground
if the top clubs in the league can get together and say we aren't having these stupid 12.30 kick offs , maybe they could force skys hand and go to BT with an idea for a PL 2
with 5.00 kick offs for TV on a Saturday night

Cnts on 12:55 - Jan 22 with 3190 viewsLongsufferingR

Cnts on 12:06 - Jan 22 by paulparker

Liking us being described as a top ten Championship club
Cnts on 13:28 - Jan 22 with 3061 viewsMrNITK

All for the fricking TV

Quick question if anyone can help. Is our game against Fulham being shown on sky? I noticed the time change but must of missed the reason on the official website and on here. I checked sky live games and can't see our game listed. I'm assuming this would only change for sky?

Edit: Ignore this. Just noticed it is now listed as a live sky game.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 13:39]
Cnts on 13:31 - Jan 22 with 3043 viewsMytch_QPR

The only way for fans to really show their displeasure is to boycott games. Rows of empty seats at a 'big' game won't sit well with the PL and their big TV rights deals around the world.

It's unlikely to happen though, we're like druggies waiting for our next fix!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Cnts on 14:22 - Jan 22 with 2941 viewsisawqpratwcity

All for the fricking TV

Apologies to all you 'Old Worlders', but us antipodeans (WA excepted) happen to like the 12.30 kick-offs. 11.30 pm AEST (10.30 pm in Brizzy, 9.30 pm in NZ) kick-offs are as close to civilised as we get. Those damn 5.30 pm (your time) ko's are a real bitch: either finally go to bed at 6.30 am Sunday, or else set the alarm for 4.30 am Sunday morning.

Ok, you can all resume fulminating. My unwelcome observation of appreciation is finished.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Cnts on 14:22 - Jan 22 with 2938 viewsKonk

It’s not just the Leicester fans being f ucked about — Arsenal have LOADS of fans that travel from far afield in the UK and from abroad for their games. If some poor bugger’s booked in for trains or flying out on Saturday night/Sunday morning, they’re stuffed too. People with hotels now have rooms they don't need for the Saturday and rooms needed for the Sunday. And other fans will have swapped shifts/plans about to make the Saturday game as it was originally scheduled. An absolute disgrace.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Cnts on 14:58 - Jan 22 with 2861 viewsQPunkR

Cnts on 13:31 - Jan 22 by Mytch_QPR

The only way for fans to really show their displeasure is to boycott games. Rows of empty seats at a 'big' game won't sit well with the PL and their big TV rights deals around the world.

It's unlikely to happen though, we're like druggies waiting for our next fix!

Some Leicester fans' group has urged them all to follow the example set by Bayern last year and turn up 5 mins into the game. They're also calling for Arsenal fans to do the same.
Really think it would send out a good message - those million$ round the world watching this 'product' would soon see how interesting it'd be without the supporting cast - us! With zero atmosphere (yes yes, even less than usual at the Emirates), it'd be like watching a training game.

QPR - "shit but local"

Cnts on 15:03 - Jan 22 with 2844 viewspaesanu

Cnts on 14:58 - Jan 22 by QPunkR

Some Leicester fans' group has urged them all to follow the example set by Bayern last year and turn up 5 mins into the game. They're also calling for Arsenal fans to do the same.
Really think it would send out a good message - those million$ round the world watching this 'product' would soon see how interesting it'd be without the supporting cast - us! With zero atmosphere (yes yes, even less than usual at the Emirates), it'd be like watching a training game.

Not a bad idea that. Fans will never boycott because as mentioned, it's a crackaddict fix. But 5 minute delay, everyone's (kind of?) a winner.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Cnts on 15:06 - Jan 22 with 2836 viewsNorthernr

Cnts on 15:03 - Jan 22 by paesanu

Not a bad idea that. Fans will never boycott because as mentioned, it's a crackaddict fix. But 5 minute delay, everyone's (kind of?) a winner.

Banners and anti Sky songs too. FC United of Manchester boycotted the whole of the first half and spent the second half singing hideously offensive stuff about Jake Humphrey and BT for one of their FA Cup games earlier this year - even with the pitchside mics turned down it was so obvious the commentators and presenters had to acknowledge and mention it a few times.
Cnts on 15:27 - Jan 22 with 2778 viewsJuzzie

These things don't just affect the away fans, plenty of home fans travel distances too to get to the game.

edit: sorry, just seen Konk said the same!

[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 15:28]
Cnts on 15:41 - Jan 22 with 2736 viewspaulparker

Cnts on 15:06 - Jan 22 by Northernr

Banners and anti Sky songs too. FC United of Manchester boycotted the whole of the first half and spent the second half singing hideously offensive stuff about Jake Humphrey and BT for one of their FA Cup games earlier this year - even with the pitchside mics turned down it was so obvious the commentators and presenters had to acknowledge and mention it a few times.

Sky will more than likely turn down the volume or pipe in crowd noise to disguise the anti SKY chants , anyone holding up a banner with an anti SKY message will have it confiscated by a steward, you cant win unless you don't go
problem is as a Prem club you sell your soul to the devil for the 70 million you get for tv rights , clubs don't have a leg to stand on

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024