Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We`re all Foxes now. 21:06 - Jan 24 with 67384 viewsHadders

Is anyone else getting excited about Leicester? In a season where we have little to dream about, I find myself living vicariously a bit, imagining what it must be like to be supporting a club so similar in size to our own, suddenly with a realistic chance of winning the Premier League. Amazing. They`ve got Liverpool, City and Arsenal in the next three games. Caaaaaaaaaaam on, Foxes!
[Post edited 2 Mar 2016 22:52]
We`re all Foxes now. on 15:28 - Apr 17 with 2726 viewsdaveB

great game that, thought the Leicester fans were crap and should have got behund the team rather than moaning at the ref, even at the end they were more worried about booing the ref than celebrating a massive point.

Thought the ref had a good game, Vardy deserved the second yellow and both penalties were just about right
We`re all Foxes now. on 15:31 - Apr 17 with 2714 viewsNorthernr

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:28 - Apr 17 by daveB

great game that, thought the Leicester fans were crap and should have got behund the team rather than moaning at the ref, even at the end they were more worried about booing the ref than celebrating a massive point.

Thought the ref had a good game, Vardy deserved the second yellow and both penalties were just about right

I usually agree with you Dave but jesus that refereeing was incredible. Gives that West Ham penalty having ignored that sort of thing all afternoon - reid's much more of a dive than the Vardy one he penalised - then ignored Huth being wrestled down by the neck, then gave them a penalty in injury time that was barely a foul. I thought he looked determined not to get carried away with the atmosphere and went way too far the other way. Shambolic.
We`re all Foxes now. on 15:43 - Apr 17 with 2663 viewsdaveB

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:31 - Apr 17 by Northernr

I usually agree with you Dave but jesus that refereeing was incredible. Gives that West Ham penalty having ignored that sort of thing all afternoon - reid's much more of a dive than the Vardy one he penalised - then ignored Huth being wrestled down by the neck, then gave them a penalty in injury time that was barely a foul. I thought he looked determined not to get carried away with the atmosphere and went way too far the other way. Shambolic.

He did warn Morgan about 4 times for holding in the box and you could see him say to Huth and Morgan if you do it again it's a penalty and they stupidly did it again.
We`re all Foxes now. on 15:47 - Apr 17 with 2643 viewsNorthernr

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:43 - Apr 17 by daveB

He did warn Morgan about 4 times for holding in the box and you could see him say to Huth and Morgan if you do it again it's a penalty and they stupidly did it again.

The one he gave was far less of a foul than the others. Reid dived for that more than Vardy dived for his. He gave that because he had a pre-conceived idea of what he thought was going to happen rather than just judging what happened. Had previously ignored far more serious incidents, and subsequently ignored one at the other end. Wildly inconsistent.
We`re all Foxes now. on 15:51 - Apr 17 with 2614 viewsbosh67

That was, without doubt, the worst reffed game I have seen in the premiership for many a year.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:55 - Apr 17 with 2518 viewsdaveB

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:47 - Apr 17 by Northernr

The one he gave was far less of a foul than the others. Reid dived for that more than Vardy dived for his. He gave that because he had a pre-conceived idea of what he thought was going to happen rather than just judging what happened. Had previously ignored far more serious incidents, and subsequently ignored one at the other end. Wildly inconsistent.

it was less than previous ones but he'd told them he was going to give it if they did it again just seconds before so Morgan has to use his brain and not grab him, Reid went down easily but Morgan shouldn't have grabbed him was poor defending. The last minute pen looked soft but Carroll has no need to barge in with his shoulder, just stand off he's going nowhere. I know refs get a lot wrong but the players today made some poor decisions

The Vardy one as well he's on a yellow so it's a stupid thing to do as if the ref doesn't buy the dive it's a second yellow.
We`re all Foxes now. on 15:56 - Apr 17 with 2512 viewsqpr1976

So Ref's are inconsistant ? Fancy that.....

Anyway, their lead is now 8 points with Spuds have to get something from Stoke tomorrow night which won't be easy.
Then only 4 games to go..... But how often do teams leading the pack just stagger and stumble over the line ?
We`re all Foxes now. on 15:58 - Apr 17 with 2500 viewsBoston

Keeps it interesting.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:59 - Apr 17 with 2498 viewsLongsufferingR

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:55 - Apr 17 by daveB

it was less than previous ones but he'd told them he was going to give it if they did it again just seconds before so Morgan has to use his brain and not grab him, Reid went down easily but Morgan shouldn't have grabbed him was poor defending. The last minute pen looked soft but Carroll has no need to barge in with his shoulder, just stand off he's going nowhere. I know refs get a lot wrong but the players today made some poor decisions

The Vardy one as well he's on a yellow so it's a stupid thing to do as if the ref doesn't buy the dive it's a second yellow.

Absolutely agree with this. I think Moss is one of the worst refs in the Prem but the only decision I disagreed with was the foul on Huth, which he should have given as he was looking straight at it. Vardy was an idiot and made it obvious. All the attention is focussed on the ref but the players have to take the responsibility for their actions here.
We`re all Foxes now. on 16:03 - Apr 17 with 2487 viewsNorthernr

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:59 - Apr 17 by LongsufferingR

Absolutely agree with this. I think Moss is one of the worst refs in the Prem but the only decision I disagreed with was the foul on Huth, which he should have given as he was looking straight at it. Vardy was an idiot and made it obvious. All the attention is focussed on the ref but the players have to take the responsibility for their actions here.

And Vardy's first booking? After he'd let Morgan and Reid away with warnings for very bad tackles.
We`re all Foxes now. on 16:08 - Apr 17 with 2467 viewsAntti_Heinola

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:55 - Apr 17 by daveB

Have some sympathy for what Henry was saying after, but penalties can't be given in increments - they either are, or they're not. The Huth forearm smash first half was certainly a pen and he missed that, but gave one that probably wasn't a pen. The one on Huth was more of a pen than the one on Schlupp. But -2 + -2 = -4, not 0. Vardy's first yellow was harsh, the second, hmm, it was a dive but he was being pulled - I'd say no pen, no yellow, and I'm not Vardy's biggest fan in terms of his personality.

Bare bones.

We`re all Foxes now. on 16:12 - Apr 17 with 2457 viewsLongsufferingR

We`re all Foxes now. on 16:03 - Apr 17 by Northernr

And Vardy's first booking? After he'd let Morgan and Reid away with warnings for very bad tackles.

He was letting things go initially but there comes a point when you have to start booking players or the game goes out of control. If the players then carry on acting like that, who's fault is it? If he had waved cards around from the start everybody would have said he was ruining the game. Like I said, I'm no fan of Moss, but sometimes refs do get my sympathy.
We`re all Foxes now. on 16:20 - Apr 17 with 2420 viewsjohncharles

Jon Moss got right up my nose at Loftus Road. He was just as bad today. He seems to have a script which he sticks to regardless of what's happening on the pitch.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2016 17:02]

Strong and stable my arse.

We`re all Foxes now. on 16:40 - Apr 17 with 2365 viewsstevec

Vardy's probably was worthy of a booking and therefore red card but I'm curious if Hazard or Ageuro would have gone in similar circumstances.

I am only surprised it's taken this long for refs to play their part in prising Leicesters fingers off the trophy.
We`re all Foxes now. on 17:21 - Apr 17 with 2275 viewsdanehoop

We`re all Foxes now. on 16:40 - Apr 17 by stevec

Vardy's probably was worthy of a booking and therefore red card but I'm curious if Hazard or Ageuro would have gone in similar circumstances.

I am only surprised it's taken this long for refs to play their part in prising Leicesters fingers off the trophy.

Because those nice people at news international have decided to keep it I tersting I would suggest.

Sky don't need Leicester to actually win it, but thy do need it to go to the wire to keep people watching the product.

Great short story by Kim Newman called SQPR based loosely on a certain club in west London getting close to winning a competition only for very loosely veiled Murdoch figure who is also demonic by implication to intervene. Read it 10'years ago and just thought about it being leicesteresque story this year.

Never knowingly understood

We`re all Foxes now. on 18:41 - Apr 17 with 2169 viewsHayesender

I desperately want Leicester to win the prem, but my God, how shite are their fans?

So glad I experienced football in the 80's

Poll: Shamima Beghum

We`re all Foxes now. on 08:38 - Apr 18 with 1945 viewsElHoop

Vardy was worth a booking regardless of whether the actual yellow itself was deserved. Regardless of even that, with a yellow to his name that was a particularly idiotic dive. So he's got nobody to blame but himself. Then the finger pointing nonsense didn't help - I don't really get it.

Both penalties looked dubious when compared to what was going on throughout the game, but at least the ref evened it up. I though that West Ham were worth a draw so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about really - Moss had a poor game but other than that it ended up about right.
We`re all Foxes now. on 09:11 - Apr 18 with 1916 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Interesting that all the focus for the W Ham penalty was on the Morgan / Reid tussle , loads more action there and mainly W Ham players holding Leicester players to open up the run for Reid.

And while many will undoubtedly say it's wrong, to me if a ref had given a soft first booking to a player, he would use "game management skills" to avoid giving a second soft booking and sending off.

Especially as when noted elsewhere, there were some nasty's going on totally unchecked.
We`re all Foxes now. on 10:35 - Apr 18 with 1873 viewsPinnerPaul

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:59 - Apr 17 by LongsufferingR

Spot on
We`re all Foxes now. on 10:41 - Apr 18 with 1857 viewsLongsufferingR

We`re all Foxes now. on 10:35 - Apr 18 by PinnerPaul

Spot on

Cheers Paul. Listening to Alan fking Shearer last night got me angry. Everyone calling for consistency, but if he had given 12 penalties for all the pushing in the box, Alan fking Shearer would have said he was being pedantic and ruining the game. If he had given none of them, Alan fking Shearer would have pointed out the worst cases and said they should have been penalties. Alan fking Shearer my backside.
We`re all Foxes now. on 10:57 - Apr 18 with 1838 viewsbrokenframe1982

We`re all Foxes now. on 10:41 - Apr 18 by LongsufferingR

Cheers Paul. Listening to Alan fking Shearer last night got me angry. Everyone calling for consistency, but if he had given 12 penalties for all the pushing in the box, Alan fking Shearer would have said he was being pedantic and ruining the game. If he had given none of them, Alan fking Shearer would have pointed out the worst cases and said they should have been penalties. Alan fking Shearer my backside.

We`re all Foxes now. on 13:33 - Apr 18 with 1747 viewsdaveB

We`re all Foxes now. on 16:03 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Thats what he was booked for, he let a few bad tackles go, told the captain to calm everyone down as he was going to book the next one and the next one was Vardy, even if the first booking was soft it's happened so as a player you have to use your brain and do nothing stupid for the rest of the game.
We`re all Foxes now. on 13:39 - Apr 18 with 1728 viewsDorse

We all need to calm down and remember that Chelsea are currently 29 points behind Leicester.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:20 - Apr 18 with 1651 viewsPinnerPaul

We`re all Foxes now. on 10:41 - Apr 18 by LongsufferingR

The great man has clearly never read the laws of the game.

Was incredulous that Moss warned Huth and Morgan about holding, despite it being in the laws (Advice to Referees) that it is exactly the thing to do.
We`re all Foxes now. on 15:23 - Apr 18 with 1645 viewsNorthernr

We`re all Foxes now. on 15:20 - Apr 18 by PinnerPaul

The great man has clearly never read the laws of the game.

Was incredulous that Moss warned Huth and Morgan about holding, despite it being in the laws (Advice to Referees) that it is exactly the thing to do.

Someone who has, Mark Halsey, in the paper today saying Moss made a proper mess of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024