Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We`re all Foxes now. 21:06 - Jan 24 with 67814 viewsHadders

Is anyone else getting excited about Leicester? In a season where we have little to dream about, I find myself living vicariously a bit, imagining what it must be like to be supporting a club so similar in size to our own, suddenly with a realistic chance of winning the Premier League. Amazing. They`ve got Liverpool, City and Arsenal in the next three games. Caaaaaaaaaaam on, Foxes!
[Post edited 2 Mar 2016 22:52]
We are all Foxes now. on 10:01 - Jan 25 with 4532 viewsLondonFox

Hi, as a London based foxes fan it's great to read these comments. We're having an unbelievable season, please don't pinch me, i don't want it to end. I'm 50 years old and i never thought this could happen, i was bored with the premier league big 4 monopoly, and when we were heading for promotion i was warning my son to be careful what he wished for, but how wrong was I? We can all hope for seasons like this, good team work and some fantastic recruitment, Danny Simpson has really taken the RB slot and made it his own, Kante is something else, Mahrez is brilliant when he's on it, and you know about Vardy. But players like Fuchs & Albrighton on free's & Huth who was in Stoke's stiffs were such shrewd purchase. Much credit has to go to our recruitment team, and now we have a manager that people can like, & someone who is so tactically aware.
It's a dream, and i'm pleased you're enjoying it, and hopefully gives you some heart to renew the season tickets at the R's, good luck to you guys too, keep the faith.
We are all Foxes now. on 10:03 - Jan 25 with 4531 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We are all Foxes now. on 10:01 - Jan 25 by LondonFox

Hi, as a London based foxes fan it's great to read these comments. We're having an unbelievable season, please don't pinch me, i don't want it to end. I'm 50 years old and i never thought this could happen, i was bored with the premier league big 4 monopoly, and when we were heading for promotion i was warning my son to be careful what he wished for, but how wrong was I? We can all hope for seasons like this, good team work and some fantastic recruitment, Danny Simpson has really taken the RB slot and made it his own, Kante is something else, Mahrez is brilliant when he's on it, and you know about Vardy. But players like Fuchs & Albrighton on free's & Huth who was in Stoke's stiffs were such shrewd purchase. Much credit has to go to our recruitment team, and now we have a manager that people can like, & someone who is so tactically aware.
It's a dream, and i'm pleased you're enjoying it, and hopefully gives you some heart to renew the season tickets at the R's, good luck to you guys too, keep the faith.

Good luck mate! Whatever happens enjoy the ride !
We are all Foxes now. on 10:08 - Jan 25 with 4522 viewsTacticalR

How has this been allowed to happen? Abramovitch, Stan Kroenke, John Henry, and the Glazers need to get on the blower to Greg Dyke asap to sort out the problem. I suggest an immediate points deduction for Leicester, and if that is unsuccessful then a compulsory sale of Leicester's players to more illustrious clubs, expulsion of the club from the League, and NATO bombing of the town.

Air hostess clique

We are all Foxes now. on 10:12 - Jan 25 with 4506 viewspaulparker

We are all Foxes now. on 10:01 - Jan 25 by LondonFox

Good luck London Fox

Football is all about dreams and thinking anything is possible, that's how it should be
it makes a mockery of managers like Arry & big sam with there "bonus" games bollox
I hope you do it
I wonder what odds you would have got on Raneri being manager of the year at the start of the season considering he was first favourite for the sack

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

We are all Foxes now. on 10:28 - Jan 25 with 4467 viewsBluce_Ree

Leicester are definitely taking advantage of the worst Prem season ever and good luck to them. Is frightening though to see what is possible when you aren't a cursed piece of shit club.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

We are all Foxes now. on 10:31 - Jan 25 with 4459 viewsGloryHunter

Have we all forgotten Leicester doing a job on us at LR, and Vardy provocatively celebrating his goal in front of R block? I'm still smarting from that. Can't allow myself to support them.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2016 10:57]
We are all Foxes now. on 10:36 - Jan 25 with 4439 viewsElHoop

They seem to be able to keep winning and going top without much pressure being on them. They are rarely odds on to win any game and any opponents are usually a pretty short price against them. So there's not so much pressure on them at the moment as you'd expect. Will be interesting to see if they make a couple of signings as their squad isn't that deep. Having said that they have no European games and are out of the Cup so they'll be able to focus on the job in hand and from March onwards their games are mostly against mid-table sides with little to play for or teams likely to be battling against relegation. This is the best chance that they'll ever have.
We are all Foxes now. on 10:51 - Jan 25 with 4408 views2Thomas2Bowles

I hope they win it and don't have the heartbreak we had in 75/76 that still hurts to this day.

Most of the press did not want us to win it back then, I'm sure Brian Moore hated us, it was all about Liverpool getting the double

Good Luck Foxes

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

We are all Foxes now. on 11:00 - Jan 25 with 4389 viewsKonk

We are all Foxes now. on 10:28 - Jan 25 by Bluce_Ree

Leicester are definitely taking advantage of the worst Prem season ever and good luck to them. Is frightening though to see what is possible when you aren't a cursed piece of shit club.

I actually reckon it's been the best PL season by a mile - a genuine competition and most team's capable of beating anyone on a good day.

I would absolutely love Leicester to win the league - and everyone I know who actually goes to games and doesn't support one of their title-rivals feels the same. I was almost ambivalent about Chelsea winning yesterday because it was a good result for Leicester.

Massive three games coming up, but 3-4 points from them and they'll be in a fantastic position. Good luck, LCFC.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

We are all Foxes now. on 11:03 - Jan 25 with 4380 viewsHantsR

I like and welcome Foxes' success in principle but sadly, Mrs Hants (and her family) are from those parts so suddenly have become ardent football supporters. Mrs Hants is always keen to advise me on football matters as soon as I return, tired from my journey down the M3 - we may not make it to 41 yrs of marriage next year.

Worst of all, my sister-in-law's husband is unbearable as even before this season, his only conversation at any time is about Foxes and Taaiigers (trying to get the pronunciation) and this is usually delivered with arms waving enthusiastically about 2 inches from my face.
We are all Foxes now. on 11:05 - Jan 25 with 4376 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I wonder if the Thai Prostitute's Union have expressed their support.....
We are all Foxes now. on 11:36 - Jan 25 with 4319 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I hope they romp it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

We are all Foxes now. on 11:50 - Jan 25 with 4299 viewsBasingstokeR

We are all Foxes now. on 11:03 - Jan 25 by HantsR

I like and welcome Foxes' success in principle but sadly, Mrs Hants (and her family) are from those parts so suddenly have become ardent football supporters. Mrs Hants is always keen to advise me on football matters as soon as I return, tired from my journey down the M3 - we may not make it to 41 yrs of marriage next year.

Worst of all, my sister-in-law's husband is unbearable as even before this season, his only conversation at any time is about Foxes and Taaiigers (trying to get the pronunciation) and this is usually delivered with arms waving enthusiastically about 2 inches from my face.

Ouch... If it wasn't grating enough living in Hampshire with a lot of Southampton's fans having got ridiculously big-headed and 'preachy' so quickly (not Man Utd levels but some are close).
We are all Foxes now. on 11:54 - Jan 25 with 4285 viewspaulparker

We are all Foxes now. on 11:05 - Jan 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

I wonder if the Thai Prostitute's Union have expressed their support.....

im sure they would love it long time if they did win the league

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

We are all Foxes now. on 12:01 - Jan 25 with 4260 viewsHantsR

We are all Foxes now. on 11:50 - Jan 25 by BasingstokeR

Ouch... If it wasn't grating enough living in Hampshire with a lot of Southampton's fans having got ridiculously big-headed and 'preachy' so quickly (not Man Utd levels but some are close).

You're so right! Life's very hard sometimes
We are all Foxes now. on 12:25 - Jan 25 with 2823 viewsBasingstokeR

We are all Foxes now. on 12:01 - Jan 25 by HantsR

You're so right! Life's very hard sometimes

When I was a kid in Hampshire it was still rare unless you lived in or had a parent from Southampton or Portsmouth themselves for someone to support Saints or Pompey.

I feel like Saints are now beginning to claw back some of the past years "potential Man U fans"!

Maybe I'll see some Leicester shirts down here next year like I did Blackburn and Newcastle in the mid 90's!
We are all Foxes now. on 12:38 - Jan 25 with 2780 viewsngbqpr

I think it was around the time that we dropped into the third tier and I realised we wouldn't be back at the top table for some time to come that I began to watch the Prem as an interested observer. Had I not had kids, I may simply have bemoaned what had become of money-driven greedy football in the Sky era and stuck with the FL / non-League...but with kids who enjoyed watching the best players, I put my many grievances to one side and kept an interest in it. I didn't see this as in any way a conflict with being an Rs fan...it was much the same as following the European leagues and hoping certain teams did well for a variety of often random reasons (eg I keep an eye on Belenenses in Portugal after visiting their beautiful ground when on holiday). And whereas your own club is for life, when watching a League you're not involved with, it's easy to switch allegiance every couple of years without guilt.

Of course certain Rs-related or general hatreds remain - for reasons both rational and irrational, I can never wish good luck to CFC, Man U, Palace, Stoke or Sunderland.

As for City, whilst they've behaved with more class than Chelsea, and have some great players to watch, I find it hard to root for them given what they now symbolise.

I have to admit that most years I want Arsenal to win it - I know a lot won't agree with that (I hated them in the 70s & 80s), and Wenger splits opinion, but personally I'm a fan of his - the way his teams play, the way he kept them near the top when they were paying for the Emirates and City & Chelsea had barged their way in...of course if I was an Arsenal fan I'd probably find the way he sets his teams up infuriating, likewise his stubbornness in the transfer market...but as a neutral observer I can instead admire a man of principle ;)

But having said all that....I never thought I'd see a return of the day when clubs such as us, Ipswich, Forest, Watford, Norwich etc etc could be contenders (as we all were at some point in the 70s or 80s)...so whilst I've never especially liked Leicester, I hope they do it.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

We are all Foxes now. on 13:29 - Jan 25 with 2683 viewspaesanu

Leicester getting into the Top 4, let only winning the actually thing would a massive middle finger and a great big F U to Modern Football. It's been about money money money, who spends the most, buy up all the players and loan them out, spend millions to launder and legitimise ill-gotten millions, advertising boards in Chinese, tread and bully smaller clubs, making football a product, bleeding fans dry because fans are weak-willed fools.

Every football fan should be supporting Leicester and applauding them for what they could be about to achieve. Who gives a f*** that Vardy supported in front of you or that your granny's annoying in-laws who visit at Christmas are from Leicester.

About time that football and not money wins.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

We are all Foxes now. on 13:49 - Jan 25 with 2643 viewsisawqpratwcity

We are all Foxes now. on 13:29 - Jan 25 by paesanu

Leicester getting into the Top 4, let only winning the actually thing would a massive middle finger and a great big F U to Modern Football. It's been about money money money, who spends the most, buy up all the players and loan them out, spend millions to launder and legitimise ill-gotten millions, advertising boards in Chinese, tread and bully smaller clubs, making football a product, bleeding fans dry because fans are weak-willed fools.

Every football fan should be supporting Leicester and applauding them for what they could be about to achieve. Who gives a f*** that Vardy supported in front of you or that your granny's annoying in-laws who visit at Christmas are from Leicester.

I'd love to see them win it, but they'd be the exception that proves the rule. The big four would say Blackburn and Leicester prove there's nothing wrong with the system.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

We are all Foxes now. on 13:55 - Jan 25 with 2619 viewsMick_S

You show them.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

We are all Foxes now. on 14:29 - Jan 25 with 2558 viewsElHoop

It's not just about Leicester. - the best players used to be spread around 3 or 4 clubs whereas now there are more 'best players' in the League and they are spread around most of the clubs, so it's not just down to sheer manpower any more - you need great organisation, which isn't so easy to buy, as we've found out.
We are all Foxes now. on 14:35 - Jan 25 with 2542 viewsTacticalR

The funny thing is is that it is not that long since Leicester went down the 'big name' route with Sven. To their credit they swallowed their pride and got Pearson back in 2011.

Air hostess clique

We are all Foxes now. on 14:39 - Jan 25 with 2529 viewsbob566

nice post Pass.

Exactly who cares if vardy wound up a few fans.

In the bigger scheme of things come on the foxes. Come on spuds too. Nick one of the four places too. nothing for pool, man u or city would be great.
We are all Foxes now. on 14:39 - Jan 25 with 2529 viewswhittocksRs

My is from Leicester and sister was born there, so have a little family connection. What a great story it would be if they can keep this going. Fifteen games left- you'd think they have to get at least ten more wins and keep the losses to a minimum. Totally possible, getting behind them all the way.
We are all Foxes now. on 14:42 - Jan 25 with 2524 viewsthemodfather

leicester can sod off....a remarkable season so far for them but my thoughts are for qpr only.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024