Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six Nations Thread 2016 12:54 - Feb 2 with 11244 viewsrobith

Starts this weekend, set to be a fascinating tournament.

Following on the success of the World Cup, I've also carried on me little blogs, feel free to have a read of my tournament preview

https://medium.com/@rbrtdnnllnn/rob-s-6-nations-preview-34e9659e6753#.ox575s8p2
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:59 - Feb 8 with 2954 viewsrobith

A weekend that made it hard to defend rugby to a non fan to be brutally honest. Some properly turgid stuff

https://medium.com/@rbrtdnnllnn/rob-s-6-nations-round-up-weekend-one-af6c34ef5c0
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 19:14 - Feb 8 with 2907 viewsderbyhoop

I watched most of Scotland v England and the last 25 of Ireland v Wales. Turgid is totally apt. Wales looked the strongest of the 4 teams I saw but, if England can inject more dynamism into the back row then they could well win it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 06:13 - Feb 9 with 2851 viewsozranger

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 16:46 - Feb 2 by robith

Forgot all about the Lions, god, that is not going to be pleasant

Small clearing up.. Lions tour to NZ is next year (2017) not this year, so plenty of time to create a competitive bunch. England tour Oz and Wales take on NZ. Interesting that the Autumn series does not see the Blacks venture onto British mainland, only a game in Dublin sandwiched by one in Italy and one in France. Perhaps they do not see the other home nations worthy of a visit!

I watched the Calcutta game and agree the word "turgid" is very apt. To pick who is going to win this year is too hard. They all seem to have carried on their form from the RWC. I hope that the next set of games will be much better.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 08:05 - Feb 9 with 2837 viewsElHoop

England just looked like they always do when Farrell is playing - a disaster lurking around the corner. Scotland just looked timid - they need to get a grip.

Ireland seem to run out of gas but Wales weren't great either.

France were very poor but they did win. Italy - you'd fancy them to finish bottom unless the Scots are too timid to beat them.

I suppose it comes down to whether England can match Wales and Ireland - are we better than the two of them or about the same or worse? Ireland and Wales seem pretty close in terms of ability. It's down to England to make the difference.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 17:44 - Feb 9 with 2788 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 08:05 - Feb 9 by ElHoop

England just looked like they always do when Farrell is playing - a disaster lurking around the corner. Scotland just looked timid - they need to get a grip.

Ireland seem to run out of gas but Wales weren't great either.

France were very poor but they did win. Italy - you'd fancy them to finish bottom unless the Scots are too timid to beat them.

I suppose it comes down to whether England can match Wales and Ireland - are we better than the two of them or about the same or worse? Ireland and Wales seem pretty close in terms of ability. It's down to England to make the difference.

As an Ireland fan I was pretty happy with it - that is a team missing 5 first choice players and about 4 reserve players too. Some of the lads on the pitch on Sunday are barely provincial standard. Think it bodes well for us overall
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:18 - Feb 15 with 2709 viewsrobith

Dreadful second weekend. France Ireland was atrocious

https://medium.com/@rbrtdnnllnn/rob-s-6-nations-round-up-weekend-2-fc7b60afcd2b#
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 15:22 - Feb 15 with 2673 viewsMrSheen

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:18 - Feb 15 by robith

Dreadful second weekend. France Ireland was atrocious

https://medium.com/@rbrtdnnllnn/rob-s-6-nations-round-up-weekend-2-fc7b60afcd2b#

Joe Schmidt is a magician. He takes a group of wildly talented athletes and conjures up an appallingly tedious spectacle - even with a full strength team. Wales-Scotland and England's second half not too bad, but Catalans v Hull easily the best oval ball game on telly this weekend.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 15:29 - Feb 15 with 2665 viewsElHoop

Before the tournament started I thought that France would be a somewhat difficult place to go due to the recent terror attacks. France, although not very good, are at least more used to the enviroment. I'm not sure how much effect it actually has on their opponents, but my feeling was that if it had any effect at all then it wasn't going to help. If you are playing over there, is it all a bit strange? Well whether it is or it isn't, they've won both games and I suspect that it will be difficult there for England too. Wales did win there last year of course, following the Je Suis Charlie episode, but they've won the other three games over there now. If they beat England then they won't be far off the title, as unlikely as that may seem.
Login to get fewer ads

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 20:26 - Feb 15 with 2628 viewsHunterhoop

Surely only Wales or Eng win it this year?!

France look limited with an awful kicking game. Think Wales and Eng will beat them.

Ireland are making mistakes and are ravaged by injuries.

Scotland can't win from here. Neither can Italy.

It'll all come down to England Wales. 50/50 in my view. Depends how bold Eddie Jones is. Itoje already looks at home at this level.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 20:35 - Feb 15 with 2619 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 15:22 - Feb 15 by MrSheen

Joe Schmidt is a magician. He takes a group of wildly talented athletes and conjures up an appallingly tedious spectacle - even with a full strength team. Wales-Scotland and England's second half not too bad, but Catalans v Hull easily the best oval ball game on telly this weekend.

I'm not sure I'd call Nathan white, Mike McCarthy or Daverage Kearney talented athletes!

And no one was complaining about our play when we won the title scoring a record number of tries, or his Leinstertainment days.

It's simple numbers - there are 2000 registered players in Ireland, 2 million in England and France. When we're down to our fifth choice props, locks and wings, odds are they are pretty terrible
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 20:40 - Feb 15 with 2613 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 15:29 - Feb 15 by ElHoop

Before the tournament started I thought that France would be a somewhat difficult place to go due to the recent terror attacks. France, although not very good, are at least more used to the enviroment. I'm not sure how much effect it actually has on their opponents, but my feeling was that if it had any effect at all then it wasn't going to help. If you are playing over there, is it all a bit strange? Well whether it is or it isn't, they've won both games and I suspect that it will be difficult there for England too. Wales did win there last year of course, following the Je Suis Charlie episode, but they've won the other three games over there now. If they beat England then they won't be far off the title, as unlikely as that may seem.

If France play like their first two games the rest of the tournament Wales and England will put 20 on them, hell I fancy Scotland to do them at home. The worst Ireland team in a generation came close to beating them at home having only scored 9 points

10 years ago France were booed off having beaten Ireland 43-32. On Saturday they cheered a one point win like they'd won the world cup. Whole French system is in serious trouble
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 13:38 - Feb 16 with 2548 viewsSimonJames

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 20:26 - Feb 15 by Hunterhoop

Surely only Wales or Eng win it this year?!

France look limited with an awful kicking game. Think Wales and Eng will beat them.

Ireland are making mistakes and are ravaged by injuries.

Scotland can't win from here. Neither can Italy.

It'll all come down to England Wales. 50/50 in my view. Depends how bold Eddie Jones is. Itoje already looks at home at this level.

I doubt it will be 50/50 if England play Farrell at 12. I don't think they would contain Roberts well enough.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 19:29 - Feb 26 with 2466 viewsElHoop

The moment of truth for the French bashers tonight?

I could see them winning this game or getting thrashed, but nothing in between. We shall see.

Am fortunate to be Twickenhaming tomorrow - should be a cracking day out and hopefully a win
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 20:52 - Feb 26 with 2439 viewsDiscodroids

Outside of wondering how Joey Essex has become a millionare, ive never understood why Matt Bannahan never gets a look in with england.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 23:16 - Feb 26 with 2404 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 20:52 - Feb 26 by Discodroids

Outside of wondering how Joey Essex has become a millionare, ive never understood why Matt Bannahan never gets a look in with england.

He didn't eat the soggy biscuit at the initiation.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 07:16 - Feb 27 with 2175 viewsElHoop

Another not particularly great game. France I think are slowly improving and will make life difficult for England in Paris. If England win today then obviously the Wales game is the key but we have to win today, which won't be easy.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 08:39 - Feb 27 with 2152 viewsTGRRRSSS

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 06:13 - Feb 9 by ozranger

Small clearing up.. Lions tour to NZ is next year (2017) not this year, so plenty of time to create a competitive bunch. England tour Oz and Wales take on NZ. Interesting that the Autumn series does not see the Blacks venture onto British mainland, only a game in Dublin sandwiched by one in Italy and one in France. Perhaps they do not see the other home nations worthy of a visit!

I watched the Calcutta game and agree the word "turgid" is very apt. To pick who is going to win this year is too hard. They all seem to have carried on their form from the RWC. I hope that the next set of games will be much better.

No it's all arranged years in advance, they have to go round the ports as it were, not been to France or Italy in a while plus the WC last year means nobody got a Autumn International as such. I think however the ABs are playing Ireland, in Chicago following the success playing the US there in 2014.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 10:28 - Feb 27 with 2131 viewsLblock

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 19:29 - Feb 26 by ElHoop

The moment of truth for the French bashers tonight?

I could see them winning this game or getting thrashed, but nothing in between. We shall see.

Am fortunate to be Twickenhaming tomorrow - should be a cracking day out and hopefully a win

I'm heading there myself for the "last corporate Johnny soire" with my now old firm.

I detest rugby but love free booze and grub.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 11:26 - Feb 27 with 2123 viewsSimonJames

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 20:52 - Feb 26 by Discodroids

As a Bath fan of many decades I obviously agree. And frankly I don't understand why Bath's fullback, is playing on the wing instead of either of Bath's actual wingers, Bannahan and Rokoduguni, who are both better than him at it.

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 13:14 - Feb 27 with 2103 viewsTGRRRSSS

Banahan is a decent club player but not really an international, he got found out at the very top - would have been a better pick than Burgess at the WC though.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 19:03 - Feb 27 with 2066 viewsToast_R

Pleased with the win QPR & England double always nice. Ireland I thought were very unfortunate in that second half just didn't quite get the rub.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 20:07 - Feb 27 with 2044 viewsSimonJames

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 19:03 - Feb 27 by Toast_R

Pleased with the win QPR & England double always nice. Ireland I thought were very unfortunate in that second half just didn't quite get the rub.

Not often QPR and England win on the same weekend. All I need is for Bath to beat Exeter tomorrow and my weekend will be complete.
Actually, all that, and a blowjob, would be... entering into the realms of fantasy.

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 21:37 - Feb 27 with 2008 viewsjohncharles

Not often QPR and Wales win on the same weekend. I thought Ireland were very unlucky to nothing from some really good play.
Must say congratulations to England or I'll be accused of bias
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 21:41]

Strong and stable my arse.

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 21:42 - Feb 27 with 2000 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I 've just seen on the Irish news a highlights package that proclaimed that Ireland were 'heroic' (twice), epic (twice) and unlucky (three mentions for this one). And it does actually seem that Ireland were unlucky because while it was clear from the RTE News that Ireland did score a couple of times, apparently the ref awarded a load of points to England for some reason unbeknownst to RTE's cameramen, producers and upper-class civil servants.

Most unlucky, Oireland.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 23:48 - Feb 27 with 1963 viewsdistortR

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 21:42 - Feb 27 by BrianMcCarthy

I 've just seen on the Irish news a highlights package that proclaimed that Ireland were 'heroic' (twice), epic (twice) and unlucky (three mentions for this one). And it does actually seem that Ireland were unlucky because while it was clear from the RTE News that Ireland did score a couple of times, apparently the ref awarded a load of points to England for some reason unbeknownst to RTE's cameramen, producers and upper-class civil servants.

Most unlucky, Oireland.

With you on that Brian. Always thought it's unfair that points actually scored are valued more then points that could have been scored if you hadn't dropped the ball before you touched down etc etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024