Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six Nations Thread 2016 12:54 - Feb 2 with 11285 viewsrobith

Starts this weekend, set to be a fascinating tournament.

Following on the success of the World Cup, I've also carried on me little blogs, feel free to have a read of my tournament preview

https://medium.com/@rbrtdnnllnn/rob-s-6-nations-preview-34e9659e6753#.ox575s8p2
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 12:56 - Feb 2 with 6538 viewsHayesender

Who's in it?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 13:17 - Feb 2 with 6508 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don't like Rugby because the referees are so poor. I must have seen at least 100 handballs in the last match I watched.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2016 14:01]
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 13:19 - Feb 2 with 6503 viewsisawqpratwcity

Robith, for the World Cup you wrote more about the pub you were in than about the All Blacks.

Union without the Southern Hemisphere is like a competition to find the best of the FA Cup losing quarter-finalists!

(But I might still have a squizz at your blog.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 13:56 - Feb 2 with 6471 viewsMrSheen

...and for us splitters, the new RL season starts on Thursday.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:03 - Feb 2 with 6462 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 13:19 - Feb 2 by isawqpratwcity

Robith, for the World Cup you wrote more about the pub you were in than about the All Blacks.

Union without the Southern Hemisphere is like a competition to find the best of the FA Cup losing quarter-finalists!

(But I might still have a squizz at your blog.)

Nonsense I wrote loads about the All Blacks!
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:09 - Feb 2 with 6454 viewsisawqpratwcity

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:03 - Feb 2 by robith

Nonsense I wrote loads about the All Blacks!

Have another look at the one after the Final.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2016 14:09]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:11 - Feb 2 with 6448 viewsJuzzie

Feckin' great. More traffic problems in TW2.

Still, I moved there so shouldn't complain, but I will. Grumble....
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:26 - Feb 2 with 6425 viewsElHoop

Here's the fixtures:

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/fixtures_and_results.php#QmridMADx0xRT

I think that the way that the fixtures pan out suits Wales. France might be shite but they remind me of the Sixth Sense in that they don't know that they're shite, especially at home with all this terrorist stuff going down. Wales and Scotland are the only two away games for France so whilst I don't fancy France to win it, I think that they may upset a few applecarts. I had a few bets on Scotland for the World Cup and was entitled to feel slightly unfortunate about the circumstances of their demise. Can they do better here? Possibly. England could have discipline issues again, depending on who is picked.

But I like the way that the fixtures have fallen for Wales so I'll go for them and Scotland.
Login to get fewer ads

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:27 - Feb 2 with 6413 viewsToast_R

I got a feeling England will Gran Slam it this year, new coach bounce and all.
The key games they have at home, Wales and Ireland. Makes a big difference I reckon.
Scotland off the back of their WC heroics will make for an interesting opener though.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:38 - Feb 2 with 6406 viewsSimonJames

1. Ireland
2. England
3. Wales (but only because they've got 3 games at home)
4. France & Scotland (decided on points difference)
6. Italy

100% of people who drink water will die.

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:49 - Feb 2 with 6403 viewsDWQPR

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 16:20 - Feb 2 with 6347 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not the best scheduling as the England games against Scotland on Saturday and Ireland on the 27th kick off at 16:50, and the Wales game on 12th March kick's off at 16:00. All when we have home games kicking off at 3pm.

Clear and further evidence that the BBC, Sky, the RFU, IRFU, SRU and WRU hate us!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 16:24 - Feb 2 with 6344 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 14:38 - Feb 2 by SimonJames

1. Ireland
2. England
3. Wales (but only because they've got 3 games at home)
4. France & Scotland (decided on points difference)
6. Italy

I'm not sure you'll find a bigger Ireland fan than me, but we are not winning it this year
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 16:36 - Feb 2 with 6337 viewsPhildo

It looks like a weak bunch this year which probably means there could be an unexpected bolter. Please please dont let warrenball win it.

Are any of the coaches brave enough to try and throw a bit of caution to the wind and try and speed things up a little? Do any of them have the personnel?

Like Robith the Hartley thing bemuses me- does Eddie Jones want to go for some sort of 'nastiest ever' thing?

And what about the Lions tour? If things dont pick up in the NH can we just send a sick note?
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 16:46 - Feb 2 with 6325 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 16:36 - Feb 2 by Phildo

It looks like a weak bunch this year which probably means there could be an unexpected bolter. Please please dont let warrenball win it.

Are any of the coaches brave enough to try and throw a bit of caution to the wind and try and speed things up a little? Do any of them have the personnel?

Like Robith the Hartley thing bemuses me- does Eddie Jones want to go for some sort of 'nastiest ever' thing?

And what about the Lions tour? If things dont pick up in the NH can we just send a sick note?

Forgot all about the Lions, god, that is not going to be pleasant
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 20:37 - Feb 2 with 6231 viewspaulparker

Does this mean that tvvats that never go out now start going in pubs demanding we watch Italy vs Wales and other such dross

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 22:40 - Feb 2 with 6172 viewsSimonJames

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 20:37 - Feb 2 by paulparker

Does this mean that tvvats that never go out now start going in pubs demanding we watch Italy vs Wales and other such dross

No don't worry. This Saturday you'll be able to see the whole of Rangers v Kilmarnock before they switch to France v Italy.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 23:52 - Feb 2 with 6159 viewsWatford_Ranger

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 20:37 - Feb 2 by paulparker

And some wnker at work from South London who supports Liverpool asking you if you saw Joe Bloggs' try. No I was in fking Wigan watching my sht team lose.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 09:59 - Feb 3 with 6047 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

I personally think that Scotland are a huge price 16/1 Ive got with Corals. If they are anything like they were in the world cup they could walk this.
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 10:40 - Feb 3 with 6022 viewsToast_R

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 09:59 - Feb 3 by johnswiltsqpr

I personally think that Scotland are a huge price 16/1 Ive got with Corals. If they are anything like they were in the world cup they could walk this.

That's Scotland though isnt it?
They put on braveheart performances like that against great teams which are unexpected and awesome. Then they'll get taken to the cleaners by Italy.

It works for them in football too.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 10:43]
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 11:49 - Feb 3 with 5996 viewsPinnerPaul

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 16:20 - Feb 2 by PlanetHonneywood

Not the best scheduling as the England games against Scotland on Saturday and Ireland on the 27th kick off at 16:50, and the Wales game on 12th March kick's off at 16:00. All when we have home games kicking off at 3pm.

Clear and further evidence that the BBC, Sky, the RFU, IRFU, SRU and WRU hate us!

Its not on Sky - Its BBC and ITV now.

ITV have England, Ireland and Italy home games, BBC have Wales, Scotland and France home games
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 12:55 - Feb 3 with 5964 viewsdaveB

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 16:20 - Feb 2 by PlanetHonneywood

Our game on the 12th will probably be moved for tv unless it has already as it's Brentford at home
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 13:30 - Feb 3 with 5939 viewsheadhoops

I hear Eddie Jones has been down to Harlington to check out Karlinho - he's never met a player yet who in more then 10 years hasn't played a forward pass.

France
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
England
Italy

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 15:47 - Feb 3 with 5913 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2016 on 09:59 - Feb 3 by johnswiltsqpr

? Scotland were pretty average at the World Cup though. They pushed on off colour Australia all the way, but they were nearly knocked out by Samoa the weekend before!
Six Nations Thread 2016 on 16:03 - Feb 3 with 5906 viewsNoelmc

Cheers Rob. I really enjoyed your preview and look forward to some further blogs from you during the Tournament.

I have tickets for England v Ireland at the end of the month but like you don't have high expectations of Ireland this time round. Would be great if they could make it 3 Six Nations Titles in a row but suspect that they are more likely to finish 3rd or 4th
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024