Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Kane 13:04 - Feb 4 with 8218 viewssimmo

I know we've had this discussion before and I'm not trying to be contrary for the sake of it, but I have been arguing back and forth with a Tottenham supporting mate in the office for months about him, especially today, so thought I'd ask again. Am I the only one that thinks the footballing world blowing smoke up this guys behind is a little premature?

First the caveats, the goal scoring record he has, at this level, at the age of 22!! is brilliant and can't be denied. Credit to Pochettino for being brave enough to trust such a young player, he's got 15 PL goals this season and that's superb by any standard. He's only going to get better and if he avoids injuries he's got the potential to be one of the most prolific English centre forwards since Shearer.

He should definitely go to the Euros and start ahead of Rooney (not ahead of Vardy IMO)

But...

Tottenham are on 45 points this season and if you take away ALL of his goals, they are on 44 points. He's also only got 1 assist.

He has 11 goals from open play this season in the league and most of them bar 1 came in 3/4/5-1 drubbings.

1 goal when they wee'd on Citeh 4-1
3 goals (one a pen) against a joke of a keeper when they wee'd on Bournemouth 5-1
2 goals when they wee'd on West Ham 4-1
1 goal (pen) when they wee'd on a poor Sunderland team 4-1
1 goal when they wee'd on a poor Palace team 3-1
2 goals against a poor Norwich team (1 pen and 1 right at the end with nothing to play for) when they won 3-0

I know you have to be there to score them, I know that without those extra goals maybe they wouldn't have had the confidence to see out the games they did, etc... But, for someone lauded so much by everyone I find it surprising that his direct contributions to games this season total 1 solitary point in the premier league.

Am I being unreasonable/mental?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 13:07]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harry Kane on 15:30 - Feb 4 with 3292 viewsJamie

Harry Kane on 14:22 - Feb 4 by daveB

Can't take Sturridge to the Euros, no way will that man play 3 games in 10 days let alone any knockout games on top, he's a liability same as his Uncle, just won't play when even 99% fit. Real shame as he is an excellent player.

Kane has been superb for 18 months now, deserves all the plaudits he is getting

Roy has already said he wants to take Sturridge & Welbeck even if 'injured'.
Harry Kane on 16:13 - Feb 4 with 3259 viewsdaveB

Harry Kane on 15:30 - Feb 4 by Jamie

Roy has already said he wants to take Sturridge & Welbeck even if 'injured'.

Not sure how he can take those two, Rooney will have to play as he's captain as well. A real opportunity in the summer if we pick the right team, we won't though.
Harry Kane on 16:19 - Feb 4 with 3250 viewsTacticalR

Harry Kane on 15:22 - Feb 4 by isawqpratwcity

If I am correct in following your mind down a mischievous path, may I point out that HK is what used to be described on "The Bill" as an IC 1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IC_codes

These days it's always the first thing I ask:

'Are you now, or have you ever been, a Spurs player?'

Air hostess clique

Harry Kane on 16:44 - Feb 4 with 3225 viewsbob566

surprised he's even got an assist. It was probably a misskick.

the guy is lethal. Always looking to shoot. Very fast on his feet for a tall man too.

He's the real deal I'm afraid Simmo.
Harry Kane on 17:40 - Feb 4 with 3187 viewssimmo

Harry Kane on 16:44 - Feb 4 by bob566

surprised he's even got an assist. It was probably a misskick.

the guy is lethal. Always looking to shoot. Very fast on his feet for a tall man too.

He's the real deal I'm afraid Simmo.

Fair enough, good to get opinion from someone other than a Spurs fan (he doesn't even rate Pochettino and loves Redknapp so I have no idea why I even get worked up about his opinion!). Interesting that a few on here think along similar lines though.

Remains to be seen IMO, let's see how he progresses. I'd be especially keen to see how he does in future tournaments for England and in the Champions League (with Spurs or someone else), that's when we'll know if he's the flat track bully I think he's coming across as... I hope he's legit, it's been a while since anybody like him has come along.

Harry Kane on 00:37 - Feb 5 with 3117 viewsTacticalR

Harry Kane on 14:22 - Feb 4 by daveB

Can't take Sturridge to the Euros, no way will that man play 3 games in 10 days let alone any knockout games on top, he's a liability same as his Uncle, just won't play when even 99% fit. Real shame as he is an excellent player.

Kane has been superb for 18 months now, deserves all the plaudits he is getting

Has Sturridge learnt the difference between 'serious pain and only pain'?

Air hostess clique

Harry Kane on 11:32 - Feb 5 with 3056 viewsJuzzie

Whilst the opening goal is very important, scoring the 2nd or 3rd is just as important too as it completely changes the dynamics of the game. How many times have we been 1-0 up and people have said "we really need that 2nd goal"?

There's no telling that with out those goals that Spurs would have only got one point less.

I think he's a very good player. He's no Messi or Ronaldo but he offers a lot to his team.
Harry Kane on 16:28 - Feb 5 with 3018 viewssimmo

http://www.skysports.com/share/10155990

I'm not the only one that noticed! You think they're watching LFW looking for insightful opinion pieces??

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Kane on 22:07 - Feb 5 with 2964 viewsPommyhoop

'' Am I the only one that thinks the footballing world blowing smoke up this guys behind is a little premature?''
No mate.I agree with you. I'd rather see Vardy and Charlie get the nod before Kane but I cant see it happening.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Harry Kane on 09:43 - Mar 29 with 2789 viewssimmo

Emphatically proving me wrong - scoring important goals and winning his team and country games (and potentially the league). Happy to come round to the general consensus that he could well be the real deal - well played, Harry Kane.

Harry Kane on 10:20 - Mar 29 with 2734 viewsLunarJetman

Harry Kane on 22:07 - Feb 5 by Pommyhoop

'' Am I the only one that thinks the footballing world blowing smoke up this guys behind is a little premature?''
No mate.I agree with you. I'd rather see Vardy and Charlie get the nod before Kane but I cant see it happening.

Can't see Austin getting in the squad at all, let alone being in competition with Kane. He's just not played enough this season to warrant it....
Harry Kane on 11:51 - Mar 29 with 2671 viewstimcocking

English media.

Any half decent young British player is immediately the new Pele. Then they'll spend years slating him if we don't win every tournament.

Personally, though, I think he's the best English centre forward at present, what more can you ask of him?
Harry Kane on 12:00 - Mar 29 with 2660 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The way Polter is playing and improving, I just don't think Harry would get in our starting XI.

Equally, now that Washington has discovered his scoring boots and, conscious of our financial predicament, buying Harry Kane now would be expensive in terms of a transfer fee and wages for someone who is only destined to be a bench warmer, at best.

Not for me, leave well alone...got Mike Sheron written all over it!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Harry Kane on 16:24 - Mar 29 with 2543 viewsTacticalR

Harry Kane on 12:00 - Mar 29 by PlanetHonneywood

The way Polter is playing and improving, I just don't think Harry would get in our starting XI.

Equally, now that Washington has discovered his scoring boots and, conscious of our financial predicament, buying Harry Kane now would be expensive in terms of a transfer fee and wages for someone who is only destined to be a bench warmer, at best.

Not for me, leave well alone...got Mike Sheron written all over it!

Polter for England!

Air hostess clique

Harry Kane on 18:54 - Mar 29 with 2471 viewsconnell10

Harry Kane on 16:24 - Mar 29 by TacticalR

Polter for England!

Surely he would start with Poland.,...then tomorrow ze world!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Harry Kane on 19:18 - Mar 29 with 2415 viewsHollowayRanger

Austins got more chance of going to the moon than the euros

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Harry Kane on 10:09 - Mar 30 with 2309 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harry Kane on 19:18 - Mar 29 by HollowayRanger

Austins got more chance of going to the moon than the euros

From that photo it looks as if most of the six million was spent on a gigantic penis for the Colonel.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Harry Kane on 16:04 - Mar 30 with 2230 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Harry Kane on 10:09 - Mar 30 by BrianMcCarthy

From that photo it looks as if most of the six million was spent on a gigantic penis for the Colonel.

How times have changed.

Back then six million would buy you a massive schlong. As we all know from bitter experience, six million including wages gets you a little SWP.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Harry Kane on 16:15 - Mar 30 with 2217 viewsbosh67

We nearly got Kane. Harry Kane and Charlie Austin would have ripped up most teams.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Harry Kane on 21:14 - Jun 15 with 1920 viewsToast_R

Is this for real?
Harry Kane on 21:27 - Jun 15 with 1896 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He's been doing it for England too.

He's just got the knack. Austin had it too. The knack is invaluable.

I'm a fan but no you aren't mental.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024