Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see 14:31 - Feb 4 with 1726 viewspaulparker

following on from the Khan/Brooks thread a fight that looks like never happening ,
what fights would you have loved to have seen that never happened
Il start with the following

Lewis vs Bowe , both at their peak in the early 90's, this would have been a money machine and easily the fight of the decade, a real proper grudge match , how this never had a trilogy of fights is a waste really

Benn vs Mike Mccallum , the fight would need to be at super middle or middle weight , I know the body snatcher moved up & down weights a lot but I think in the early 90's him and Benn would have been awesome

Dennis Andries vs Steve Collins, have this at light heavy weight, late 80's a real proper toe to toe , this would have gone the full 12

Lloyd Honeyghan vs Kirkland Laing , Welterweight clash mid 80's , again how this never happened is a mystery, both labelled bad boys in the press , both had there out of ring problems , this could and should have been a fight that fans would talk about for years and years

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 14:45 - Feb 4 with 1702 viewsPhildo

McGuigan v Azumah Nelson although could only see Nelson having won it.

Agree about the Honeygan Laing fight. Would have loved to see that
Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 14:57 - Feb 4 with 1689 viewsKonk

Dennis Wise v The Incredible Hulk

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 14:59 - Feb 4 with 1687 viewsbosh67

Audley Harrison V Bugs Bunny. Mainly to see how badly Harrison would do.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 15:05 - Feb 4 with 1679 viewsBlue_Castello

John Terry v Mike Tyson or any half decent heavyweight........

Hopefully that would provide for captain leader bellend......
Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 15:11 - Feb 4 with 1672 viewsRBlock

Robbie Savage v Optimus Prime
Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 16:28 - Feb 4 with 1629 viewsSimonJames

The match I most wanted too see was a rematch between Hagler and Leonard.

I think Sugar Ray realised that he would have lost, so he retired and waited until 2 years after Hagler retired (and became an actor in Italy) before offering the rematch.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 17:43 - Feb 4 with 1593 viewsjamois

Nice thread PP. Mayweather v Khan a year ago. Mayweather v Pacquiao 5 years ago.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 18:17 - Feb 4 with 1563 viewsWilloW4

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 14:57 - Feb 4 by Konk

Dennis Wise v The Incredible Hulk

My Auntie Angela..v My Auntie Sheila... Blimey, I'd have paid a few quid to see that one.
Login to get fewer ads

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 18:19 - Feb 4 with 1557 viewsTonto

all of them...

lets batter the other bloke so much that his brain rattles in his skull and he cant stand up anymore... yeah lets call it sport too...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 18:43 - Feb 4 with 1532 viewsjamois

Lewis v Bowe would have been great PP but as I recall I don't think there was ever a moment where I thought Lewis could lose to him. He really was a great fighter in his prime, dodgy accent notwithstanding.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 23:57 - Feb 4 with 1458 viewsBrightonhoop

Magic carpet and time machine stuff Tyson v Ali would have been some fight.
Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 23:59 - Feb 4 with 1457 viewsdaveB

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 18:43 - Feb 4 by jamois

Lewis v Bowe would have been great PP but as I recall I don't think there was ever a moment where I thought Lewis could lose to him. He really was a great fighter in his prime, dodgy accent notwithstanding.

Lewis was an incredible fighter, one of the best (not the best) heavyweights ever imo, he fought the best of his era and beat them all.
Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 00:24 - Feb 5 with 1440 viewsRs_Holy

Carl Froch versus Joe Calzaghe would have been good... Amazing to think that Calzaghe retired unbeaten.
Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 09:00 - Feb 5 with 1386 viewsPommyhoop

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 23:59 - Feb 4 by daveB

Lewis was an incredible fighter, one of the best (not the best) heavyweights ever imo, he fought the best of his era and beat them all.

Amen to that brother.
Brilliant fighter. Up there with the very best of them..

I got a little bit of sick in my mouth when Tyson Fury actually said
that he'd just beaten one of the best HW Champs of all time.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 9:03]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 09:14 - Feb 5 with 1377 viewsQPunkR

Would've liked to have seen Lee Cook v John T*rry. Cookie was bang up for it in that interview but the T*rry camp didn't respond.

QPR - "shit but local"

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 09:24 - Feb 5 with 1371 viewsToast_R

Crocodile vs Shark
Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 12:57 - Feb 5 with 1328 viewsSimonJames

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 09:24 - Feb 5 by Toast_R

Crocodile vs Shark

If they're evenly matched size wise (e.g. small Great White versus large Salty), the shark usually wins because the croc runs out of air.

Great White v Orca never ends well for the shark.

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 13:36 - Feb 5 with 1317 viewsToast_R

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 12:57 - Feb 5 by SimonJames

If they're evenly matched size wise (e.g. small Great White versus large Salty), the shark usually wins because the croc runs out of air.

Great White v Orca never ends well for the shark.

I get what your saying but surely the Croc will always have a punchers chance what with the sharks notorius glass nose?

The croc is equally susceptible to the sneaky eye shot as shown by the odd zebra over the years so not a forgone conclusion this. Would make a killing in pay per view.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 13:38]
Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 13:50 - Feb 5 with 1283 viewsSimonJames

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 13:36 - Feb 5 by Toast_R

I get what your saying but surely the Croc will always have a punchers chance what with the sharks notorius glass nose?

The croc is equally susceptible to the sneaky eye shot as shown by the odd zebra over the years so not a forgone conclusion this. Would make a killing in pay per view.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 13:38]

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 14:12 - Feb 5 with 1263 viewsthemodfather

mark dennis v vinnie jones!

froch v kessler 3....1 contested decision, and the 2nd a great win for froch...
i assume we WILL see groves v degale 2 , when/if groves wins a world title
benn v eubanks 3....i disliked eubanks so much, benn was an animal in the ring...eubanks never fought top men like dewitt, barkley ( benn smashed em both i their back yards...) and mcclellan ( classic bout, ending in serious injuries to mccellan)
Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 14:25 - Feb 5 with 1255 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 14:12 - Feb 5 by themodfather

mark dennis v vinnie jones!

froch v kessler 3....1 contested decision, and the 2nd a great win for froch...
i assume we WILL see groves v degale 2 , when/if groves wins a world title
benn v eubanks 3....i disliked eubanks so much, benn was an animal in the ring...eubanks never fought top men like dewitt, barkley ( benn smashed em both i their back yards...) and mcclellan ( classic bout, ending in serious injuries to mccellan)

Eubank was never the same after the Watson fight and pretty much failed to put anyone away after it. That said, I was at his fight against Ray Close in Glasgow and he was way behind and from nowhere, he threw a punch that sent Close back to Northern Ireland. But just like the fight with Steve Collins, Eubank wouldn't or couldn't finish them off when he was clearly on top.

We forget Watson beat Benn and that neither of them could beat Eubank. I suspect but for that fateful night up at WHL, we would have seen some great boxing between Benn, Eubank and Watson throughout the 90s.

As for the Gerald McClellan, Nigel Benn fight; a great book about it all and McClellan's post-fight years was written by Kevin Mitchell. If you want an insight to the unsavoury end of the pugilist scene, then this is it.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 14:47 - Feb 5 with 1249 viewsToast_R

Boxing fights that never happended that you wanted to see on 14:25 - Feb 5 by PlanetHonneywood

Eubank was never the same after the Watson fight and pretty much failed to put anyone away after it. That said, I was at his fight against Ray Close in Glasgow and he was way behind and from nowhere, he threw a punch that sent Close back to Northern Ireland. But just like the fight with Steve Collins, Eubank wouldn't or couldn't finish them off when he was clearly on top.

We forget Watson beat Benn and that neither of them could beat Eubank. I suspect but for that fateful night up at WHL, we would have seen some great boxing between Benn, Eubank and Watson throughout the 90s.

As for the Gerald McClellan, Nigel Benn fight; a great book about it all and McClellan's post-fight years was written by Kevin Mitchell. If you want an insight to the unsavoury end of the pugilist scene, then this is it.

I’ve read bits and pieces about it and there is a good documentary you can find on Youtube worth a watch.

The theory goes that McClellan had a suffered an undiagnosed brain injury from a previous fight which was then agitated in the Ben fight (possibly in the clash of heads) which then caused the permanent damage. A friend of McClellan who writes this said after his previous fight he’d developed an odd blinking and squinting habit which could have been a sign. If you see the documentary, in the media coverage leading up to the Ben fight, you have footage of him training in the gym, and he is doing it then.

Tragically, it may never have happened as Ben should have been counted out in the first round when he was floored and fell out the ring and took forever to get back in. Well over the 10 seconds permitted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024